Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Simstim posted:

$1,300,000,000 Est. Cash $806,000,000

bound to get higher before wednesday

Pandemonium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I feel so bad for all the convenience store workers who are gonna have to hear the word Powerball uttered a billion times.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

MrSmokes posted:

I feel so bad for all the convenience store workers who are gonna have to hear the word Powerball uttered a billion times.

gently caress lines, a bodega near my house has a do it yourself lottery machine for all your gambling needs

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

VendaGoat posted:

Get an omega moonwatch bitch

Mange Mite posted:

The official goonwatch. The mazda miata of watches

Edit: actually i guess that one seiko is the miata. Speedmasters are, what, the bmw e30 of watches, maybe? Cant think of any other official goon cars

Well I want a moon watch a drive a '99 Miata so...

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I know you guys were wondering...

I didn't win anything.

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical
I'm glad it was snowing so I didn't waste me precious time getting a ticket.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

edit: nm actually I think the prize value signs have a point between numbers, so they could show 1.34 maybe.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 10, 2016

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Is this now the biggest lottery in world history?

Winning a Powerball ticket is 500 times easier than filling out that perfect NCAA bracket thing.

:lol:

Dangerous Mind posted:

I'm glad it was snowing so I didn't waste me precious time getting a ticket.

You could've had the golden ticket!

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical

Zogo posted:

You could've had the golden ticket!

Oh don't you worry, I'll have it for this next drawing :dance:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
its rigged as hell

lol@ you

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

MrSmokes posted:

That is why I went to the C-Store by my house, I just said "One ticket please" and he understood what I meant without feeling more gross than I already did.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Washington Post confirms no winner. Wednesday drawing will be 1.3 billion Yankee Dollars.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Three Olives posted:

That is why I went to the C-Store by my house, I just said "One ticket please" and he understood what I meant without feeling more gross than I already did.

You really have your head up your rear end if you think the store worker cares if you call it powerball or a ticket. As long as you're not yelling at him, his day is going fine.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

somuch_gravy posted:

when the next time they pull that big sweet ball bucket out and round up the next numbers for 1.3BIG ONES

LOL if you think that poor americans aren't going to go absolutely insane about it being over 1B and literally dumping entire paychecks into tickets. I'm guessing closer to 1.5 if not more.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I sacrificed one child to Baal which didn't do the trick. Going to have to up the ante now.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If there is a single winner, it will become a horror film plot for that person. They will be hunted down by random people on the street because everyone is somehow going to think that it's sort of like that movie SWAT meets Burger King's Herb character and a leprechaun: If they manage to get their hands on you (or anyone of your loved ones), you have to magically award them $100,000,000.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Three Olives posted:

If I win it I'm going to invest several million into somehow financially ruining your life.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

No. 6 posted:

If I win, every poster in this thread gets $1,000 cash.

If I win, I will post a video of my burning $1,000 in cash for every poster in this thread.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If I win, I'm going to spend $1000 on posters from Spencer's Gifts.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just saw this and was finally going to buy one but I am in Las Vegas this week and apparently they don't do lotteries in Nevada? What the gently caress?!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OctoberBlues posted:

I just saw this and was finally going to buy one but I am in Las Vegas this week and apparently they don't do lotteries in Nevada? What the gently caress?!

Nevada Gaming Comission

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I sacrificed one child to Baal which didn't do the trick. Going to have to up the ante now.

How many cuban children do you think Hillary sacrificed to get where she is today?

You're really gonna have to up your game.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Microwaves Mom posted:

If I win it I'm going to invest several million into somehow financially ruining your life.

invest it in me, ill take car eof the problem, no problem!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Clockwerk posted:

i dont want him dead. I want him to see what its like to actually not be a trust fund baby.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

Clockwerk posted:

I'll do it for a dollar less than this guy!

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Microwaves Mom posted:

i dont want him dead. I want him to see what its like to actually not be a trust fund baby.

i didnt say that i would kill him. but i will say this, my methods are proven and unique. do not ask what my methods are

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Clockwerk posted:

i didnt say that i would kill him. but i will say this, my methods are proven and unique. do not ask what my methods are

I suspect you do not have any methods or proof.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

Clockwerk posted:

A meta joke of a really old SA thread? I'm impressed!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

ThaGrandCow posted:

You really have your head up your rear end if you think the store worker cares if you call it powerball or a ticket. As long as you're not yelling at him, his day is going fine.

I suppose you also order what horrible names some tacky places give menu items when you are forced to go to them. "Yes, I would like this item please", "You mean the super fruity spectacular vegan br-egg-less explosion?", "Yes, I want that, I will not say that ridiculous name."

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 10, 2016

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Kakarot posted:

its rigged as hell

lol@ you

There was an encyclopedia brown story about how they rigged a raffle by putting the "winning" ping-pong ball into a cooler, so when the person running the contest pulled the winning ball out they could find that specific one. Somehow I think the its more complicated that that.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Three Olives posted:

I suppose you also order what horrible names some tacky places give menu items when you are forced to go to them. "Yes, I would like this item please", "You mean the super fruity spectacular vegan br-egg-less explosion?", "Yes, I want that, I will not say that ridiculous name."

What if a state has powerball and mega millions, then you're just confusing the poor guy and delaying everyone by 2-3 valuable seconds!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cash payout is going to be $1B. That's kind of hard to comprehend.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
I've thought up a full proof plan to win, instead of buying one ticket at one store I will buy multiple tickets at multiple stores.

This plan is based on a little thing called statistics like what nerds use.

Will post results on Thursday.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

What if a state has powerball and mega millions, then you're just confusing the poor guy and delaying everyone by 2-3 valuable seconds!

The clerk is just going to sell them a regular low-prize state lottery ticket. So, even if they DID win, it's only a paltry few million bucks; you're hardly making enough money to justify spending the couple of bucks.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VR Native American posted:

I've thought up a full proof plan to win, instead of buying one ticket at one store I will buy multiple tickets at multiple stores.

This plan is based on a little thing called statistics like what nerds use.

Will post results on Thursday.

I think Nate Silver ran the numbers and this is pretty likely to work.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Also, say it ends up being $1.5 billion or so. What would you actually get if you took cash after all of the taxes and whatnot? like $500 million? Hardly worth it imo

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If I win, it will probably get my friends and family murdered. But we're talking about $1.3b, so...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

OctoberBlues posted:

Also, say it ends up being $1.5 billion or so. What would you actually get if you took cash after all of the taxes and whatnot? like $500 million? Hardly worth it imo

Current estimate is 1.3 B and 800M cash.

So 1.5 B would be over 900M.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Waltzing Along posted:

Current estimate is 1.3 B and 800M cash.

So 1.5 B would be over 900M.

isn't that pretax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Roger Craig posted:

There was an encyclopedia brown story about how they rigged a raffle by putting the "winning" ping-pong ball into a cooler, so when the person running the contest pulled the winning ball out they could find that specific one. Somehow I think the its more complicated that that.

Encyclopedia Brown drafted Patrick Ewing?

• Locked thread