Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
That is a really bad comparison, cuz the Candlemaiden had some actual personality. "Oh, you tried to kill me? Well, i appreciate the sentiment, but it's futile. Sorry."

Also "Touch the demon inside me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HenryEx posted:

That is a really bad comparison, cuz the Candlemaiden had some actual personality. "Oh, you tried to kill me? Well, i appreciate the sentiment, but it's futile. Sorry."

Also "Touch the demon inside me"

they fill the same role though. the candlemaiden, the emerald lady from DS2, the plain doll in bloodborne, you could kind of argue the mute firemaiden in DS1 all fit the same Souls Character Archetype

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Cicadas! posted:

Why, though? Out of all of the choices, Plain Doll is such a bland NPC in a game with no shortage of bizarre and interesting characters. I mean, if you're going to latch onto a video game person like a weirdo, you might as well make it a cool one.

Why did George Mallory want climb Mt Everest? "Because it's there."

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
There was a tumblr that was entirely really bizarre Frozen fanart. It was all 3D and I think it used the original art assets. Does anyone have a link to it?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Alaois posted:

they fill the same role though. the candlemaiden, the emerald lady from DS2, the plain doll in bloodborne, you could kind of argue the mute firemaiden in DS1 all fit the same Souls Character Archetype

Actually, Dark Souls originally had the big furry dragon lady as your female level up buddy, though she still fits the description of quiet, unassuming woman. They all do have different but basic personalities and tend to have some sort of significant role in the grand scheme of things but that describes every Souls NPC who isn't god drat Patches.

The Doll does purposefully play on the waifu idea though considering she's a false mockery of a smoking hot woman that Gehrman couldn't get into the pants of. Also is powered by otherworldly nonsense and generally not what you want to be sticking your dick in.

Here be spoilers for Bloodborne and its DLC.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Nebrilos posted:

There was a tumblr that was entirely really bizarre Frozen fanart. It was all 3D and I think it used the original art assets. Does anyone have a link to it?

Constable-Frozen?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This isn't fanart really, but I figured this thread might know more about it more than other threads; what book is this scan from? I'd love to buy a book about the breakdown of how character designs in animation work like this, it's from Preston Blair, but I'm not quite sure which book it's from.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Ramos posted:

Actually, Dark Souls originally had the big furry dragon lady as your female level up buddy, though she still fits the description of quiet, unassuming woman. They all do have different but basic personalities and tend to have some sort of significant role in the grand scheme of things but that describes every Souls NPC who isn't god drat Patches.

The Doll does purposefully play on the waifu idea though considering she's a false mockery of a smoking hot woman that Gehrman couldn't get into the pants of. Also is powered by otherworldly nonsense and generally not what you want to be sticking your dick in.

If you manage to find the Doll outside of the Hunter's Dream, she at first appears to be entirely lifeless. Until you take a good, long, careful look, and realize that's not quite the case. (Out of all the players who manage to find that secret without a guide, very few will do this, since the area is already extremely unsettling, and chances are there will be about twenty bloodstains in that exact spot from other players suiciding just to troll you.)

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Captain Invictus posted:

This isn't fanart really, but I figured this thread might know more about it more than other threads; what book is this scan from? I'd love to buy a book about the breakdown of how character designs in animation work like this, it's from Preston Blair, but I'm not quite sure which book it's from.

Advanced Animation by, as you said, Preston Blair. It's the first edition of the book where copyrighted characters were used. The second edition is not as good.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

dpbjinc posted:

If you manage to find the Doll outside of the Hunter's Dream, she at first appears to be entirely lifeless. Until you take a good, long, careful look, and realize that's not quite the case. (Out of all the players who manage to find that secret without a guide, very few will do this, since the area is already extremely unsettling, and chances are there will be about twenty bloodstains in that exact spot from other players suiciding just to troll you.)

Can you elaborate on this or link to a video? I didn't know that existed outside of the dream aside from the Hidden Workshop, or is there somewhere else?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

The waifu the internet liked from DS1 was Quelaag's sister, the half-spider lady who's ill and therefore immobile.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Good to see pyramid head getting work after James Sunderland ( spoilers for one of the endings of silent hill 2) James Sunderland offed himself

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kikka posted:

Advanced Animation by, as you said, Preston Blair. It's the first edition of the book where copyrighted characters were used. The second edition is not as good.
drat, first edition is from 1947, which while not unexpected, means it's nearly impossible to come by. I'd love to have a physical copy but it seems like it's almost nonexistent anymore. Is there a digital or scanned version available anywhere of the original? Not sure on the legality of that since it's over half a century out of print.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Art, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOQLGzFEzI0

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A cross-cultural, mixed-media exploration of the experience of owning balloon tits.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The more I look around his room, the more I

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

There's a video of him going through his collection of hundreds of anime figures and then... licking them all.

He's kinda hosed up

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

Why did George Mallory want climb Mt Everest? "Because it's there."

I feel like this is relevant to the discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU2ftCitvyQ

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Welp found my new avatar

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Radio Paranoia posted:

Can you elaborate on this or link to a video? I didn't know that existed outside of the dream aside from the Hidden Workshop, or is there somewhere else?

She's only at the Hidden Workshop. It's just that if you look very closely, one of her fingers continues to steadily move. Whether that means that Gehrman managed to imbue that doll with life before it was damaged, he only partially succeeded, or something else is up in the air.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

that's the good stuff

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Players ritually committing suicide in front of the doll to freak out new players is one of my favorite parts of Bloodborne.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Welp found my new avatar

Welcome to the cool peeps with Touhou avatars club

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A couple of Undertale remixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu8A8uWAJaA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2FOXsCIpY

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I think it's cute.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

All aboard the Undertale remix :bandwagon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kaU3RagC3w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfFqXmwkMJE

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Captain Invictus posted:

I'd like a Touhou edit of the below for that pic:

But as a back-and-forth looping .gif.

Also, more fan-art:

And, last but not least:

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 01:10 on Jan 11, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

And then there's this thing:

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb2df5tI00E :nws:

More work safe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvxzKpMHMTQ

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 01:15 on Jan 11, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Average Mettaton Mirror Match

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Of course a Jojo fighting game would have a pose button/special move. :allears:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'd like a Touhou edit of the below for that pic:

But as a back-and-forth looping .gif.

Also, more fan-art:

And, last but not least:

The greatest easter egg of all time is you can't kill burgerpants in a genocide run because he's already dead inside

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

:vince:

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Think I saw this guy first from a post in this thread, not sure.

I kind of don't like looking at him, but I like his gimmick.

Undertale: Bergentrückung

And I could go a lifetime without any more Temmies-with-tits videos, probably.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

A new take on an old classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

You know we're in a magical era of history when people have managed to create skeletal mpreg.

• Locked thread