Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it's important to me that my opinions about posters in a figgy thread are given voice and weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
i have a 10 commandments sign in my front yard. printing them on cheap cardboard and putting them on a post in my yard will really stick it to those liberal atheist fucktards.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
if Sanders doesn't get teh nomination I'm voting for Trump

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
my computer has a disc drive

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I live comfortably and can be rest assured I will not fall into crippling debt if I have to go to the hospital, and while I may not have the financial means to live my dreams, the reality is I can still be happy without material wealth as I am surrounded by natures beauty even in the city.

Namaste, friends :)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Things you can do that will enhance your life that cost almost nothing:

Go on a hike
Ride your bicycle on one of our many trails
Visit one of our many rivers or lakes
Make a traditional Maori carving from driftwood and a knife
Collect shells

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

craisins posted:

pls link to the actual post, im not figuring that poo poo out

it's a pm begging someone to help him troll from the cat jail

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

thank you for your support, ally of YOSPOS.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i have a sign above my toilet that notifies guests: "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown let it down"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
There are many meals that can be healthy, nutritious and delicious without putting a strain on your budget.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

There are many meals that can be healthy, nutritious and delicious without putting a strain on your budget.

18 eggs
1lb lentils
6 cups beef stock
Sriracha to taste

Combine ingredients in slow cooker and simmer for 8 hours or until grey and delicious. Freezes well.

I stole this from YLLS but its good and a cheap way to get the 500 grams of protein per day that I need to keep up my thrice-monthly chest+biceps workout.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I play wow to the exclusion of everything else. I bought a house. I rented out all the rooms except the smallest. I make exactly enough off the rent to:
-pay the mortgage
-pay the bills
-pay my wow subscription
-pay for a bag of instant mashed potato and a box of instant gravy once per week.
At the start of the week, I make up the mashed potato and gravy, put it in the fridge and then throughout the week when I get hungry i heat up some of my mashed potato.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the life ~

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

I play wow to the exclusion of everything else. I bought a house. I rented out all the rooms except the smallest. I make exactly enough off the rent to:
-pay the mortgage
-pay the bills
-pay my wow subscription
-pay for a bag of instant mashed potato and a box of instant gravy once per week.
At the start of the week, I make up the mashed potato and gravy, put it in the fridge and then throughout the week when I get hungry i heat up some of my mashed potato.

It's so nice being your own boss

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ItBurns posted:

18 eggs
1lb lentils
6 cups beef stock
Sriracha to taste

Combine ingredients in slow cooker and simmer for 8 hours or until grey and delicious. Freezes well.

I stole this from YLLS but its good and a cheap way to get the 500 grams of protein per day that I need to keep up my thrice-monthly chest+biceps workout.

ooc: what the gently caress

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i eat a poor man's soylent daily

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

i know all of the hot seo keywords for your new hooker website

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i have to manufacture spending to meet credit card signup bonuses or just to take advantage of their benefits

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

-pay the mortgage
-pay the bills
-pay my wow subscription

look at this guy. u might call him a loser. but he has a hobby he loves and can afford to pay for it without mooching off anyone. can u say the same???

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
its called a shower beer, and its awesome

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
jeffrey get ur coat and a $20 bill, lets go make fun o fthe nerds at the anime convention. they are the real losers, not us!!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

:eyepop: I loved Britney's In The Zone

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Things just went from bad to worse for me.

I had 7 Serves that I was funding with my Barclaycard Travelocity Amex (each AU has their own Amex # so they each could fund their own Serve). All 7 were shutdown of course.

Woke up this morning to find that my Travelocity account has been shut down now, along with my Aviator. They also closed my wife's brand new Hawaiian MC and her Aviator as well which are under a totally separate account.

The timing sure seems like Amex reached out to Barclay and told them what was going on...

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Well crap, and double crap. I was having fun doing MS at the start of the year and was pounding away at both my 1VIP Serve cards and maxed one of them out yesterday with the max $5000 with multiple hits at Rite-A and Family $. I got an email today from Serve saying the account has been flagged for "unusual usage pattern.... Effective immediately you will no longer be able to add money to your account. You will continue to have access to the funds and can withdraw them... Once your balance reaches $0, please close your account."

I don't suppose anyone else has experienced this? Since it's tied to my SSN, does that mean I can't switch to BB or some other variant Serve account?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bluebird's demise is painful for me--really painful. We have been working it for about 3 years, but the last year was a lot more fun and more spend than previous years.

We built a lot of miles and will use them on Southwest and Hyatt exclusively. We booked our Amtrak trip for early May months ago, before the ability to use UR points for Amtrak went away.

Fortunately, we have a business with a lot of expenses and will get 2X on our timeshare fees. I wish I could figure out a way to pay those fees with my 5X Staples gift cards with Chase Ink. I don't think the companies will be thrilled getting multiple debit cards for a $800 maintenance fee. Maybe I can work it out somehow, but doubtful. I guess money orders? I can do that in a small amount. Our Walmart always looks at us with suspicious side-glances when we go to the money center express (Kate). I was getting tired of it, frankly.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
so what was the scam and is there still a way for me to get in on it?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Barnyard Protein posted:

its called a shower beer, and its awesome

ooc: agreed

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Necc0 posted:

so what was the scam and is there still a way for me to get in on it?

CC churning for signup / usage rewards points

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i spent my last paycheck buying powerball tickets

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

dragon enthusiast posted:

i spent my last paycheck buying powerball tickets

my parents call me up to remind me to get powerball tickets because the jackpot is so high

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

ADINSX posted:

my parents call me up to remind me to get powerball tickets because the jackpot is so high

because a $2 million win just isn't worth it.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
if I won the lotto....

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
if I won the lotto I'd do something other than give it to private equity firms to aggressively invest for the benefit of my Cayman Islands company

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
timeshares.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If I won the lotto I'd buy my parents and myself a new house then go on a world tour, when I returned I'd invest the leftovers in a video game company.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

if i won the lotto at its current value i would have enough money so that nobody in my family line will ever be able to get rid of it no matter how hard they gently caress up and the money will keep snowballing due to our broken estate tax system and eventually it will wind up with my little poo poo of a great grandson who never spent a single second outside the bubble of constant on-hand waiting servants and mansions who will be so detached from the rest of the world and so assured of his own supremacy over it that he will invest all his time, money and power in manipulating the political system to gain even more money and power while ensuring the rest of the country remains at the five figgy fucktard level. somewhere, far below his future giant space elevator mansion in geosynchronous orbit, a disgruntled space computer repairman jacks in to the cybernet to semi-ironically post about how dumb it is to play the lotto.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

if i won the lotto at its current value i would have enough money so that nobody in my family line will ever be able to get rid of it no matter how hard they gently caress up and the money will keep snowballing due to our broken estate tax system and eventually it will wind up with my little poo poo of a great grandson who never spent a single second outside the bubble of constant on-hand waiting servants and mansions who will be so detached from the rest of the world and so assured of his own supremacy over it that he will invest all his time, money and power in manipulating the political system to gain even more money and power while ensuring the rest of the country remains at the five figgy fucktard level. somewhere, far below his future giant space elevator mansion in geosynchronous orbit, a disgruntled space computer repairman jacks in to the cybernet to semi-ironically post about how dumb it is to play the lotto.

Yeah but what video game company would you invest in?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah but what video game company would you invest in?

can I invest in Valve before they stopped making half lifes? that's the game company i want to invest in :smith:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Invest in some competent project management at Bethesda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

http://www.vice.com/read/addicted-to-the-lottery-why-people-buy-false-hope-and-lottery-tickets-511

• Locked thread