Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

If I remember right, your ~*BELOVED*~ was whichever max-affinity character you spoke to most recently before the fight. Just make sure to talk to and give a gift to whoever you like best right before you fight the dragon and it should be fine.

I always wanted to get Mercedes but it is very hard because you don't have a lot of time to max her affinity before she leaves, and because once she leaves you have to skip as much as possible and attack / avoid / threaten all of the shopkeepers and quest givers CONSTANTLY until you fight the dragon.

E:
Best waifus:
Selene
Madeleine
Feste
Fournival
Mercedes

Worst waifus:
Fournival's daughter Moon Moon
Ansalam the Innkeeper
Valmiro because gently caress Valmiro

titties fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The easy way to get Mercedes is to do absolutely everything you want to do prior to the quest where she becomes unavailable. Right before taking said quest, give her the Arisen's Bond to guarantee max affinity. The only quest that becomes available only after that which could ruin your chances is the SAVE THE PRINCESS quest, so just make sure to keep tossing her or give her that one item that drastically reduces affinity while rescuing her. Besides that, just rush through to the end.

My optimal end is the even more challenging waifu, which is Julien. He even has unique dialog for it, unlike most characters, which is kind of amazing considering how difficult it is to end up with him.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

titties posted:

Best waifus:
Selene

hmmmmm

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

titties posted:

Best waifus:
Selene

tell us more about your loli fetish

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Give me that Caska Mercedes.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

it's okay she's a hundreds of years old Pawn

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Now I'm tempted to make a child arisen warrior and pretend the entire thing is just a kid playing in his backyard. He ends up with the child bride, declares "ew, cooties" and the game ends with him running inside to have dinner.

titties
May 10, 2012

Walrus Pete posted:

tell us more about your loli fetish

Selene is cold, pale, emotionless, and barely acknowledges you. She reminds me of your mom so she makes the list.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Is there a place where I can get the PC version of this legally at not full price? I googled and found a greenmangaming discount for $5 but it's expired. Sorry to post this if it's somewhere earlier in the thread, but I don't want to risk spoilers.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Since you can make your Arisen be any age you could make them be around teen age and have their waifu be Selene and that'd be cute.

edit: Or have them romance Fournival if you really want to

pinegala posted:

Is there a place where I can get the PC version of this legally at not full price? I googled and found a greenmangaming discount for $5 but it's expired. Sorry to post this if it's somewhere earlier in the thread, but I don't want to risk spoilers.

Type the game name into this site, it'll show you the lowest prices. It looks like Gamesplanet has it for 24 bucks but I don't know if the game is region-locked or not. If it's not, I'd say go for it since Gamesplanet is legit.

titties
May 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Since you can make your Arisen be any age you could make them be around teen age and have their waifu be Selene and that'd be cute.

No it would be weird like how the first three seasons of Buffy are about how much a 200-year-old guy wants to bang a 16-year-old girl

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

pinegala posted:

I got it for 24 on gmg. You can use the coupon code on it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

titties posted:

No it would be weird like how the first three seasons of Buffy are about how much a 200-year-old guy wants to bang a 16-year-old girl

I don't watch poo poo TV shows so I wouldn't know about all that, but I do know that the only boundaries of love in Dragon's Dogma are your own imagination and how much gold you want to spend on a thousand copies of the same item.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I don't watch poo poo TV shows so I wouldn't know about all that, but I do know that the only boundaries of love in Dragon's Dogma are your own imagination and how much gold you want to spend on a thousand copies of the same item.

Buffy wasn't poo poo. :colbert:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CJacobs posted:

how much gold you want to spend on a thousand copies of the same item.

Can't you just give someone the arisen's bond and make sure to do it right before you fight the dragon to guarantee it will pick them

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, probably, but dumping 99 of his preferred item on Feste is funnier.

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Buffy wasn't poo poo. :colbert:

I dunno, man. Go back and watch the older episodes some time and see if you feel the same way.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Can't you just give someone the arisen's bond and make sure to do it right before you fight the dragon to guarantee it will pick them

Why would i do that when i can truly express my love for Ophis by giving her 99 skulls from my fallen enemies?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Nasgate posted:

Why would i do that when i can truly express my love for Ophis by giving her 99 skulls from my fallen enemies?
Truly. a romance worth surviving the ages!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It appears that my ill-advised attempts to upgrade to Windows 10 have killed my desktop PC. Upgrading caused frequent blue screens, and then when I tried to roll back to Windows 7 it apparently hosed up halfway through and left the PC unable to boot. Trying to do a clean install from a USB doesn't work, and has apparently led to the hard drive now having two separate, incomplete installations of Windows 10, neither of which will allow itself to be completed.

What I'm saying is that I'll be living vicariously through your Dragon's Dogma adventures while I try to scrounge up enough money to buy a new hard drive or something and just start from scratch. Fly Into Free for me, everyone.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

It appears that my ill-advised attempts to upgrade to Windows 10 have killed my desktop PC. Upgrading caused frequent blue screens, and then when I tried to roll back to Windows 7 it apparently hosed up halfway through and left the PC unable to boot. Trying to do a clean install from a USB doesn't work, and has apparently led to the hard drive now having two separate, incomplete installations of Windows 10, neither of which will allow itself to be completed.

What I'm saying is that I'll be living vicariously through your Dragon's Dogma adventures while I try to scrounge up enough money to buy a new hard drive or something and just start from scratch. Fly Into Free for me, everyone.

Yikes ... sorry man, what horrible timing

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
That sounds like something tech goons could help with in IYG. I really hope so because I want you to fly into free friend.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nasgate posted:

That sounds like something tech goons could help with in IYG. I really hope so because I want you to fly into free friend.

I posted in Haus of Tech Support, but my guess is I probably just need to buy a new hard drive.

One problem is that I don't have my old Windows 7 activation key so if I do need to do a clean install of Windows 10 I'll probably have to buy a product key, which is upsetting. I don't really feel like dropping the money on both a new hard drive and a Windows 10 key right now, so, y'know. I hope there's a better solution.

My timing is terrible.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Harrow posted:

I posted in Haus of Tech Support, but my guess is I probably just need to buy a new hard drive.

One problem is that I don't have my old Windows 7 activation key so if I do need to do a clean install of Windows 10 I'll probably have to buy a product key, which is upsetting. I don't really feel like dropping the money on both a new hard drive and a Windows 10 key right now, so, y'know. I hope there's a better solution.

My timing is terrible.

You don't need a new drive for a hosed up OS installation. You'll be OK, and there is no reason why you won't also be able to learn about the hunting habits of wolves with the rest of us.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Yeah, if you don't have a Windows key I don't really see what a new HD is going to help.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpactVector posted:

Yeah, if you don't have a Windows key I don't really see what a new HD is going to help.

Well, the issue that I'm having right now is that something on the HD is supremely hosed up and even though my PC tells me there's no operating system there, it won't accept a clean installation of Windows 10. It gets about halfway, restarts, then starts a whole new installation from scratch even though there's a half-finished one hanging out there.

I'd need the Windows key either way, definitely, but right now I have no idea how to effectively make my HD actually accept a new OS being installed on it.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Harrow posted:

Well, the issue that I'm having right now is that something on the HD is supremely hosed up and even though my PC tells me there's no operating system there, it won't accept a clean installation of Windows 10. It gets about halfway, restarts, then starts a whole new installation from scratch even though there's a half-finished one hanging out there.

I'd need the Windows key either way, definitely, but right now I have no idea how to effectively make my HD actually accept a new OS being installed on it.

Format it using Windows install media and try to reinstall again.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Did that. At least using the only install media I have available (a Windows 10 USB drive) it fails to actually format the hard drive. Quits out at around 30% progress.

Anyway I'll stop posting about this here, this is a thread for discussing flying into free and various other aughts, not my own personal failure to be a successful PC owner.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Harrow posted:

Did that. At least using the only install media I have available (a Windows 10 USB drive) it fails to actually format the hard drive. Quits out at around 30% progress.

Anyway I'll stop posting about this here, this is a thread for discussing flying into free and various other aughts, not my own personal failure to be a successful PC owner.

Yeah, that might indicate it's the HD itself that is broken.

I welcome the derail though - the more I read about this drat game the more interminable the wait gets for it to come out on Steam :supaburn:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I think I'm going to install iTunes just to purchase into free. Would I be able to download and keep the media file, or will it only play through itunes?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nasgate posted:

I think I'm going to install iTunes just to purchase into free. Would I be able to download and keep the media file, or will it only play through itunes?

It's been forever since I bought anything through iTunes but iTunes should allow for downloads, and even if it's in an Apple format iTunes has a built-in format converter.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma/comments/40bn8n/into_free_already_modded_into_the_game/

So hey, apparently a) the game has leaked and/or been cracked already, and b) it is already possible to mod Into Free into your game, and someone has done it and given you the means to do it too for when the game releases for real. This is incredibly important news.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma/comments/40bn8n/into_free_already_modded_into_the_game/

So hey, apparently a) the game has leaked and/or been cracked already, and b) it is already possible to mod Into Free into your game, and someone has done it and given you the means to do it too for when the game releases for real. This is incredibly important news.

This has exceeded all of my expectations. I figured it'd be a day one mod, not a "six days before release" mod.

Good to know that by the time I get to play (whenever that is...) I'll have Into Free up and ready to go.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And even if you don't trust that download since it's from some rando on the internet or whathaveyou, that reddit link contains the location of the file you will have to replace, so you can just do it yourself without the download once the game decrypts on Steam.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

CJacobs posted:

And even if you don't trust that download since it's from some rando on the internet or whathaveyou, that reddit link contains the location of the file you will have to replace, so you can just do it yourself without the download once the game decrypts on Steam.
Yeah it's 'Tittle_DDN.sngw' which is just an ogg vorgis file that you can play in any player. Expected a dodgy loader but it's a trivial mod.

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 10, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is there anywhere else to get Into Free or is it just itunes?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Picayune posted:

With a few plot-related exceptions, I'm pretty sure you can romance literally any named NPC in the game. Like, meet J. Random Idjit who does nothing but wander the merchants' quarter to give the city the appearance of being crowded, give them presents until they get all blushy at the sight of you, and then bam! they are your love interest and the game will treat them as such in cutscenes.

I pulled an E/N in my last NG+++ and made the only hooker in Gransys my beloved.

Infinity Gaia posted:

The easy way to get Mercedes is to do absolutely everything you want to do prior to the quest where she becomes unavailable. Right before taking said quest, give her the Arisen's Bond to guarantee max affinity. The only quest that becomes available only after that which could ruin your chances is the SAVE THE PRINCESS quest, so just make sure to keep tossing her or give her that one item that drastically reduces affinity while rescuing her. Besides that, just rush through to the end.

My optimal end is the even more challenging waifu, which is Julien. He even has unique dialog for it, unlike most characters, which is kind of amazing considering how difficult it is to end up with him.

Madeline's fleeing Gran Soren quest can happen after Mercedes leaves too, so watch out for that poo poo since it can be easy to max her affinity out by accident and then you'll be stuck.

Luckily, you can assault Aelinore or some guards and fail the princess quest while still getting full access to the Blighted Manse. You'll just have to make do without Love-in-the-Rough, which I'm sure some nice goon will make a copy for you if you ask nicely.

im cute fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 10, 2016

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I find it hilarious how the game is cracked about a week prior to the release.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the russians are getting really loving good at this

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Genocyber posted:

I find it hilarious how the game is cracked about a week prior to the release.
Shows there's a lot of interest, although stay the hell away from the pirated copy it's riddled with malware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I like that you can look at any discussion of this game anywhere on the internet and the one thing you can remain certain of is everyone agrees that The Song needs to be modded back in as soon as possible

• Locked thread