Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Accretionist posted:

Don't be like Jack Whittaker:

See this is why I should win, I will be a stone cold bitch if anyone dares ask me for money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

yeah no poo poo but i'm not the king of virginia with the ability to just tax everyone for what our schools cost like a normal sane civilized country

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Three Olives posted:

See this is why I should win, I will be a stone cold bitch if anyone dares ask me for money.

Sadly the way it has to be. On one hand I want to say I'd just disappear, but rubbing poo poo in people's faces passive aggressively on facebook sounds good too.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I want to see it roll over another 10 times.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
What kind of car would you buy if you won, assuming you still wanted to drive yourself?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ace of Baes posted:

What kind of car would you buy if you won, assuming you still wanted to drive yourself?

The motorcycle from Judge Dredd

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Ace of Baes posted:

A litter.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hahahahaha.
I'm bored and watching Paycheck.

His first huge check is 500K, looooooool.

His second is 92 Million. It's adorable.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Ace of Baes posted:

Nissan Versa.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Ace of Baes posted:

A Lexus LX. They're fantastic, luxurious, and still totally practical.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ace of Baes posted:

A train to soothe my crippling autismus.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Ace of Baes posted:

needs to have the wood accents on the interior though

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Sadly the way it has to be. On one hand I want to say I'd just disappear, but rubbing poo poo in people's faces passive aggressively on facebook sounds good too.

Honestly the dangers of winning the lottery seem more like the problems of being friendly with poor trash than having a bunch of money in general.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Three Olives posted:

Honestly the dangers of winning the lottery seem more like the problems of being friendly with poor trash than having a bunch of money in general.

It's not being friends with trash, it's being trash yourself.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

sounds like its a bit of both

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

BigBoss posted:

It's not being friends with trash, it's being trash yourself.

Ehhhh. Like, If one of my friends won the lottery I'd feel like poo poo for even asking for something, but I know drat well I'd be expected to pony poo poo up if I won.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Don't have friends. Problem solved.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

BigBoss posted:

A Lexus LX. They're fantastic, luxurious, and still totally practical.

Part of me is all, yeah a Lexus or something, high end consumer and practical. Part of me is like Aston Martin Vanquish which I would have no business driving.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

czarmonger posted:

How many people in this thread actually believe there is even the slightest possibility of winning big on these racket?

It seriously takes very little brain power and knowledge to understand how truly wasteful it is to gamble with such odds.

What is even harder to believe is people who see a pattern to scratchers and don't realize that the winners are completely calculated. The real pattern is that you buy tickets and win half your money back, so you buy more until you've spent all your winning money on losing tickets.

Yeah, the odds are astronomical and it's a weird phenomenon that everyone gets caught up in the higher the jackpot goes, because a measly $30 million jackpot apparently isn't worth your 2 bucks. But it's fun to fantasize about all the cool poo poo you'd do and buy if you won.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Car? I'd just Uber everywhere.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The liquor store near my house has the little lottery numbers and powerball is just 999 lol

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

The liquor store near my house has the little lottery numbers and powerball is just 999 lol

lol

For some reason I want there to be a single winner from one of our territories. Like the Virgin Islands or Guam.

Hector Beerlioz fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 10, 2016

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

Something with a low cost of ownership.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Ehhhh. Like, If one of my friends won the lottery I'd feel like poo poo for even asking for something, but I know drat well I'd be expected to pony poo poo up if I won.

Being the bigger person isn't easy nor is it immediately gratifying, thats why you must be it.

Turtle Sandbox fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 10, 2016

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I've never played the lottery and don't intend to start now, but if I were to win the lottery, I'd see if there was any contingency for accepting the winning anonymously. I can't imagine getting hounded all day every day not just by strangers but also slack-jawed fifth cousins, not to mention all the other shady poo poo people would try (ransoming you or your loved ones, harassment from any public or private entity that could try to sue or fine you into oblivion).

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
Hey, I won $21 from last night's drawing!

Spent $20 on the tickets.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
If I won a bunch of money I'd probably rent a private military to protect me

and then one of them would kill me in my sleep and my family would destroy itself fighting over my money

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've never played the lottery and don't intend to start now, but if I were to win the lottery, I'd see if there was any contingency for accepting the winning anonymously. I can't imagine getting hounded all day every day not just by strangers but also slack-jawed fifth cousins, not to mention all the other shady poo poo people would try (ransoming you or your loved ones, harassment from any public or private entity that could try to sue or fine you into oblivion).

Only 6 states let you do it anonymously. What people do is set up llcs that receive the money so their personal info isn't public , but I think they still require you to pick up the novelty giant check in person. Basically if you win you're gonna have a whole lot of friends you never knew you had.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This is convenient for goons who normally have no friends and don't venture outside.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Just see if you can get the contact info or a meeting with a ridiculously wealthy person and pick their brain about the best ways to navigate being super loving rich at first. I think you'd probably start with lawyer, financial planner, plane tickets out of the country, and deleting the most personal information you can about yourself. Never post anything on social media, at least in the immediate aftermath.

Being out of the country or somewhere like manhattan would probably increase your chances greatly of blending in to the background.

If you insist on sticking around maybe put a security firm on retainer for a little while to make sure you don't get hassled or threatened and refer everyone with complaints, problems, requests to your lawyer.

I'd like to imagine that my life long friends wouldn't turn into money crazed fools and I'd hook them up with whatever they wanted right after winnings come in. The extended family would probably be the biggest problem though. I have an aunt and cousins who live in trailers in North Carolina and I can imagine them doing something drastic.

Maybe the mountains of Switzerland would be the best landing spot or somewhere pretty and secluded like lake como.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

No. 6 posted:

This is convenient for goons who normally have no friends and don't venture outside.

Really, that's why I'm playing.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MeatwadIsGod posted:

You can drive around and find people with money to harass right now, why wait for a lottery winner?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Id just vacation internationally for a month or two immediately afterwards and only give my new number to a few people, anyone dumb enough to try and stalk me begging for money or try to kidnap my family isnt going to have the kind of money to fly all over the world looking for me.

edit: after that and giving my immediate family and long time friends there chunk Id tell anyone that asks that its all tied up in investments and trusts and I cant touch it.

Ace of Baes fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 10, 2016

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If someone you know wins, outside of family or perhaps very close friends who you'd consider the same, would you even consider asking that person for any money?

I always tell people all I ever expect is a free beer. No one owes me anything, but a billionaire can buy me one drink.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Retail Slave posted:

"I'd like the winning ticket please. Hur hur hur"

"Sorry, already printed that one for myself"

Shuts them up every time.

No. That makes them furious.

"Well then, sport, you better be printin' up another one for me. Ha. ha. ha..."
(then a few minutes later, after they pace around the store a few minutes)
"You know, you better hope and pray you don't you win, you little cock-suckin' piece of poo poo, because if I find out you've got the winning ticket I'm going to come and take that money right out of your no-good pissant rear end... I also need to pre-pay $10 on pump 12."

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Just a reminder that if you are the sole winner, you will still have less than 1/2 of the money that Internet fat man Notch, maker of Minecraft, has.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

No. 6 posted:

Just a reminder that if you are the sole winner, you will still have less than 1/2 of the money that Internet fat man Notch, maker of Minecraft, has.

gently caress you

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

No. 6 posted:

Oh no, I'm hypothetically less rich for practically no effort whatsoever than a guy who put years of his life into a video game and became really sad over it. I'm so jealous!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Stay Safe Lottery Ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Mine craft is really fun though it's ok

• Locked thread