Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Goddamn do we need new 3 and 4*'s, I'm sick of getting the game useless rods and Irvine's loving hat.

No don't. 3*++ rods saved my rear end during Ultimate ExDeath (and will carry me through Ultimate Rubicante).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

widespread posted:

Huh, so I realized I could try for the Bard's RMs in Core. Would Zealot be something worth shooting for?

There are a few fights where Zealot is indispensable. Off the top of my head - the Zorn and Thorn fight from ff9 where you hit them to reset their big cast, and the NORG fight from ff8, though we haven't seen that in awhile.

I think some people use it for farming purposes as a single character free trash wipe, but you'd need to overpower the trash pretty significantly.

In terms of core RMs it's pretty good. Not as good as BLM or WHM rm2 but probably on a tier immediately below those.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Goddamn do we need new 3 and 4*'s, I'm sick of getting the game useless rods and Irvine's loving hat.

I still have yet to get a single Ten gallon hat, and that really bugs me because I have absolutely no VIII armor outside of those garbage event reward bracers.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah with that augment thing...I don't like the sound of it. Seems like it will make all characters more the same. I mean it will be cool to use other characters but if you can just set up the most "broken" abilities the game will get boring.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KnoxZone posted:

I still have yet to get a single Ten gallon hat, and that really bugs me because I have absolutely no VIII armor outside of those garbage event reward bracers.

I got my first one last week.

...Which was almost immediately ruined when I drew the Estharian Helmet a few days ago.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurai posted:

That one doesn't have an SSB. The first two FF5 SSBs come during the Anniversary Celebration; both Bartz and Gilgamesh get one there.

I was just going off the list v:shobon:v

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah with that augment thing...I don't like the sound of it. Seems like it will make all characters more the same. I mean it will be cool to use other characters but if you can just set up the most "broken" abilities the game will get boring.

Sounds like they nailed the feel of FF5-12 (minus 9 and 11) to me, then. :v:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

IcePhoenix posted:

I was just going off the list v:shobon:v

Wait, it doesn't?

Whoops. I think there is a new SB for Gilgamesh there at any rate (and obviously Exdeath's Grand Cross is the main draw)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Which RW should I set to max gil income, goons.

Sentinel's Grimoire
Boon
Princess' Favor
Blade Beam with 330+ attack w/o synergy in all major realms (I have a 5* sword for every realm)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

SG or Boon probably.

That's what my friends list is filled with, anyway.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah, mitigation is king for RWs so definitely SG or Boon. Probably SG as you can kinda fake Boon from any number of Hastega SBs.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I say Boon since even when I don't need mitigation I sometimes take Lunatic High/Boon just for the Hastega.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If you have Boon plz give me your code, I need more Boon in my life

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Right on. Boon it is. ewFR

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
Agree with Boon, I take it all the time. I don't play a dude that needs SG every day, but most days I'm taking Boon along for haste reasons.

I'll add you with my Advance RW.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Honestly I think any AoE damage is going to outperform mitigation RW's money-wise. People save the big ones for important fights but won't think twice about taking AoE damage to trash dungeons to make life easier.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

If you have Boon plz give me your code, I need more Boon in my life

qcqe

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Honestly I think any AoE damage is going to outperform mitigation RW's money-wise. People save the big ones for important fights but won't think twice about taking AoE damage to trash dungeons to make life easier.

Boon gets me 2.5k-3.5k most days, 4k-7k when bonus battles are unlocked. It's been my RW for many months though so I have a lot of rotating followers who pick it up every week.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

All of my personal SBs except for Boon, Runic, and the Medicas are single target, and most of them are single hit. :negative:

Thanks for reminding me that I will never make that mad RW bling.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I get 200-1000 per day regardless of which RW I use (Stoneskin, Golem Flute, Boon, AOE damage, whatever).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Which of the current banners is most worth my Mythril?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah I'm using Rinoa's SSB as my RW right now, previously used Planet Protector, and neither has really gotten me much. Most I've had is like 3k in a day, which considering I have 12 mil after orbfest is absolutely nothing.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

KataraniSword posted:

Sounds like they nailed the feel of FF5-12 (minus 9 and 11) to me, then. :v:

Agreed, and that's why I think this game is better than any of the actual FF games.

I was a huge FF fanboy back in the old days but most of them had very bland gameplay. It was the music and cinematics and what have you that were the draw. I liked ff5's because it was nasty difficult and fun to try to find some way some how to find my way through battles. You could powerlevel and just get all the skills but more fun to just go with what you have. But you could get yourself into a trap.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Added for your Boon.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Augus posted:

Which of the current banners is most worth my Mythril?

None, save for an Actually Good Banner (Lightning 1 which is the next event, or Yuffie 1 which is the one straight after).

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

There's no reason to pull on Lightning 2 over Lightning 1 right? I figure if I get a gun I can throw the New Year's Gun into it as an Augment.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

ETB posted:

Added for your Boon.

What's your RW or FFRK name, my non-mutual followers get replaced really fast

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
When I had boon I never got summoned. Now I have SG up and I get summoned slightly, slightly more.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

kalensc posted:

What's your RW or FFRK name, my non-mutual followers get replaced really fast

Mog with Sunbath, Cylan is my handle.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Holy poo poo, I just got redxiii's silver barret from the daily draw. I guess I can use him as a mage now? Though he's my first character with two seperate sb items, with trine as a heavy thunder aoe and lunatic howl for hastega he's more than just support access now. Maybe I can use him for full break and elemental weaknesses and not do poo poo damage.

Wait does this mean I have my first ffvii mage item and only the 3* access not mage support guy can use it? Well at least I can core augment a magus on him when that update hits.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Sprite141 posted:

Holy poo poo, I just got redxiii's silver barret from the daily draw. I guess I can use him as a mage now? Though he's my first character with two seperate sb items, with trine as a heavy thunder aoe and lunatic howl for hastega he's more than just support access now. Maybe I can use him for full break and elemental weaknesses and not do poo poo damage.

Wait does this mean I have my first ffvii mage item and only the 3* access not mage support guy can use it? Well at least I can core augment a magus on him when that update hits.

If I remember, Red actually has Black 4, not Black 3.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sprite141 posted:

Red XIII Bros~ :hfive:

I got the Gold Barrette from a SSB Fest banner (a non featured relic is like less than 1% chance of happening, whee) and it instantly rocketed him to MVP status for me. Howling Moon is certainly no Lunatic High but it's being really helpful in a pinch. Mainly, just having a thing for Red at all makes him an amazing support character. I'm a little jealous of your Silver Barrette though because Trine has the coolest drat animation ever.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Red XIII Bros~ :hfive:

I got the Gold Barrette from a SSB Fest banner (a non featured relic is like less than 1% chance of happening, whee) and it instantly rocketed him to MVP status for me. Howling Moon is certainly no Lunatic High but it's being really helpful in a pinch. Mainly, just having a thing for Red at all makes him an amazing support character. I'm a little jealous of your Silver Barrette though because Trine has the coolest drat animation ever.

Yeah, I heard there was a lifeshipon shenanigan with howling moon and redxiii. So you have that to look forward to.

AweStriker posted:

If I remember, Red actually has Black 4, not Black 3.

Oh wow. So I guess I have my dedicated ffvii mage now, and it's not reno. Ha.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I get summoned at a pretty decent clip using Emerald Light (Qvdd if anyone wants it), not sure why that would be over people with much more valuable SBs. Probably helps that the last couple of Ultimates have really benefitted from AoE heals. I also have Oerba's Boon and Blasting Zone if anybody would like me to switch for something specific.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I tried Planet Protector, then Blasting Zone, and neither really get more than 10 a day. I just have to accept gacha luck as its own reward.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I finally broke down on and pulled on the beginner banner. Overall, not a total waste. I got my second Ten-gallon Hat, and I'm actually not going to combine those because those are the only VIII armors I have aside from the crappy bracers. I also picked up my second V Giant's Axe, so that was an instant combine. Two 5*s dropped as well. I got Kain's Blood Lance, which is good because I needed more IV synergy (but I did finish mastering all the IV elite dungeons last night, so poor timing). I also got a Keepsake Knife, which is a XIII 5* dagger. Somewhat meh, but I only had the pumpkin and gun before.

Then, I decided to go with the Tyrfing. So, any goons needing Advance, here you go: BSYf

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just did a 50, pulled a Shadowblade :whatup:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Just did a dollar pull, got a Shadowblade :whatup:

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Just did a dollar pull, got a 3* Flame Shield (IV). Equip for Ultimate Rubicante to LOL hard mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Dollar pull got me my 6th Wizard Armlet. Yeaaaah, they really need to update the items list at some point in our lives.

• Locked thread