Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Lol when do you have the cash to buy M4 and nades and kit? If you're doing that then you can only buy once every 2 or 3 rounds. Going ump/nova (xm1014 or p90 if you have extra cash), single smoke and vest only is all you need as CT and means you can buy every round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Antares posted:

Actually you buy a helmet if there's a chance the enemy team isn't on AWPs and AKs because you'll feel real dumb when you drop an M4, armor, kit, and grenades to a Tec-9/Galil one-tap. Worth $350 imo if you have the money to not voluntarily make enemy eco weapons stronger than the M4.

There isn't much funnier than winning a full glock eco by picking up an M4 after you kill somebody without a helmet.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

Had a UK player throw my FaceIT game yesterday because "the team captain picked dust2". Apparently he really hates that map, and it's not even worth playing, so it's better to just go AFK until we concede. Wish I could block players on this garbage. Reminds me of the game where I bought a P250 on pistol round as CT. This Romanian guy called me a retard. I got three kills and we won the pistol round.

Not to be outdone, he spent the rest of the game rushing A ramp on mirage with a knife out. Saw him later on another team and he threw the game for them as well after a few rounds, probably for some perceived slight like buying a helmet.

Are you playing premium?

Basically, the only criticisms I have of FaceIT are you can't call timeouts, and you can't remove toxic/trolling shits from the game. Getting them banned retroactively is nice, but it's retarded how you have to concede a game before you can do anything about them.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

qhat posted:

Are you playing premium?

Basically, the only criticisms I have of FaceIT are you can't call timeouts, and you can't remove toxic/trolling shits from the game. Getting them banned retroactively is nice, but it's retarded how you have to concede a game before you can do anything about them.

Yes. People throw or leave less, but since I'm only Faceit Level 5 things are pretty bad. I just need to queue with people I guess, but most people I used to play with quit CS already.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
So the lads and I keep winning T halves on Nuke, then losing horribly on CT halves. I still don't get how and why.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tevery Best posted:

So the lads and I keep winning T halves on Nuke, then losing horribly on CT halves. I still don't get how and why.
Lower your sens.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
People are afraid to go upper and 1 CT is usually enough to delay long enough for the re-take so play 2 out 1 heaven 2 ramp imo.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Play 2 people ramp and push radio aggressively. This eases the pressure on the guys in A, allowing you to use one of them to cover outside.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Play 2 people ramp and push radio aggressively. This eases the pressure on the guys in A, allowing you to use one of them to cover outside.

I'm bad, but every time I try this I get one tapped pushing radio :downsgun:

edit: thank you auto complete, for changing that to : Donahue:

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 10, 2016

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

3 / 4 comp games I've played have had people on my team throwing, cool

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

As Ts, P90 rush ramp every round. If they begin to wise up, spam smokes outside and P90 rush secret.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Smol posted:

ENCE's POV stream owns bones. :allears:

Yeah it was pretty cool. One thing that was really obvious is that they're in a learning and adaption phase right now, keeping it relatively simple and lurppis doing calling but also pointing out stuff like them getting too hung up on throwing all the poo poo onto a bombsite when the rotation is already on its way and they should just go. If they keep the good attitude and are as willing to take in the experience of lurppis & co as they were today, it's gonna be interesting to see how they end up by the end of the year.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Should I just be playing face it or something if I live in Chicago? Having a 50 ping every match when I'm playing against east coast people with 20 ping is getting frustrating. I just moved from New York and the difference is noticeable

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
20 ping versus 50 ping is really really really not something you should be noticing at all, play better

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

gigawhite posted:

Should I just be playing face it or something if I live in Chicago? Having a 50 ping every match when I'm playing against east coast people with 20 ping is getting frustrating. I just moved from New York and the difference is noticeable
Report back if you notice difference after two weeks.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

gigawhite posted:

When I was playing today, I had ping values upwards of 100 pretty much regularly, and another guy on my team had to deal with ping spikes reaching 300 or more and lasting a better part of a round. 50 ping compared to 20 ping really should not be an issue, ever.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

It must be something going on with my internet then. I'm getting random spikes where I'll teleport or rubberband

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Are you a WiFi warrior like me?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Uhh these Starseries groups are interesting to say the least.

Group A
Natus Vincere
Luminosity
G2
CyberZen

Group B
Titan
fnatic
EnVyUs
?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

Are you a WiFi warrior like me?

Yeah. Wasn't an issue at my old place but I guess it's time to buy a cable

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

gigawhite posted:

It must be something going on with my internet then. I'm getting random spikes where I'll teleport or rubberband

gigawhite posted:

This is not a ping issue for sure, get cable ASAP and see if it's just the WiFi or if your new ISP is full of crap

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

lol. Twice today I've veto'd a !gg and twice today we ended up winning the match. Faceit players are better but holy poo poo do they cry their eyes out at the slightest provocation.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

gigawhite posted:

I set up a powerline network last week (thanks Shadowlz) and I have no idea how I put up with wifi for so long.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
What's the best way to be a better player aside from hopping into ranked?

I still need to develop better map sense and killing potential. I just don't seem to have as good of a reaction time as a lot of other people who play this game. Should I just focus on learning how to use an awp or something if that's the case?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

You will not develop the map sense to any reasonable extent without playing ranked of sorts. Play some arena to get a knack on winning duels, practice some gun you like in deathmatch or however else you like, and go play ranked or third party pugs. Latter will outweight anything else at any day of the week.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

crazkylo posted:

I still need to develop better map sense and killing potential. I just don't seem to have as good of a reaction time as a lot of other people who play this game. Should I just focus on learning how to use an awp or something if that's the case?

Crosshair placement. "Good reaction times" are 90% good crosshair placement. The less you have to move your mouse when an enemy appears on the screen, the faster and more accurately you can click on their head.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

If you can find a decent community 5v5 server that's decent enough practice, but the players are seldom very good / not loving around except for 1-2 people at a time.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

crazkylo posted:

Your reaction time is low because your experience and muscle memory is not well developed yet. I would recommend playing DM a lot to learn how to use the guns well, and also play a lot of ranked to actually learn how to play the game properly. There really is nothing else that is going to make you improve at the game.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Crosshair placement is always something I've been working on. It's a slow process, but I've improved immensely by constantly paying attention to it.

I like hopping into DM, but I always seem to just wind up in a bad spot surrounded by the enemy team

also it may be worth asking; is there any real difference between using dynamic or static crosshair? or is it entirely user preference?

crazkylo fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 11, 2016

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

crazkylo posted:

Crosshair placement is always something I've been working on. It's a slow process, but I've improved immensely by constantly paying attention to it.

I like hopping into DM, but I always seem to just wind up in a bad spot surrounded by the enemy team

also it may be worth asking; is there any real difference between using dynamic or static crosshair? or is it entirely user preference?

Dynamic can teach you when your aim has reset (gun animations do the same thing) but once you get a feel for that it's down to preference, personally i find dynamic distracting. There's a crosshair generator map in the workshop which is really great for tweaking until you find something you like.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

User preference, but the dynamic crosshair is slightly off with indicating when your aim has reset, I've heard. I just use a small static dot.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

qhat posted:

User preference, but the dynamic crosshair is slightly off with indicating when your aim has reset, I've heard. I just use a small static dot.

That sounds familiar now that you mention it, like the crosshair resets a fraction earlier than the recoil. The gun model is very accurate IIRC though if you can remember to watch it peripherally

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Smol posted:

Crosshair placement. "Good reaction times" are 90% good crosshair placement. The less you have to move your mouse when an enemy appears on the screen, the faster and more accurately you can click on their head.

yea like im gonna listen to a guy whos banned from playing csgo forever and a guy who sucks at csgo? Please don't troll this thread with those toxic personalities.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
The dynamic cross hair is only accurate to recoil when you have your guy shooting left handed

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

TBH recoil doesn't matter when you're using p90 and auto shotgun so why make life harder for yourself. Nobody can pre-aim you if you jump around every corner, ready to strike.

Get over this whole 'holding angles' and 'cancelling your strafe' bullshit.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

gigawhite posted:

gently caress off. I play constantly at 60 and every minute or two spike up to 500-600 ping for a few seconds. This is at 3 am. I'm completely unable to play with a ping of 200 during peak hours.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

qhat posted:

This was true at one point, but it was changed a while ago. Unless you use crosshairstyle 5, the dynamic ones should actually indicate when your recoil has reset

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

TBH recoil doesn't matter when you're using p90 and auto shotgun so why make life harder for yourself. Nobody can pre-aim you if you jump around every corner, ready to strike.

Get over this whole 'holding angles' and 'cancelling your strafe' bullshit.
Counter Strike 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

mcvey posted:

Counter Strike 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

and people keep whining that valve keeps changing things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
P90 is a cool gun for cool guys.

• Locked thread