Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Auspol.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Mithranderp posted:

What is it about anglo men that makes them so angry? Loss of power through the slow dismantling of colonial and patriarchal power structures? (too slow IMO but that's just me)

This has been a feature of Anglo society since well before anyone even thought about dismantling the patriarchy or that colonialism might not be a good idea.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

open24hours posted:

This has been a feature of Anglo society since well before anyone even thought about dismantling the patriarchy or that colonialism might not be a good idea.

maybe we should make it mandatory for white people to be drunk at all times so the problem comes to it's violent, drunken, end sooner.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Me at my Desk

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

The Peccadillo posted:

Rehabilitation of sexually abusive convicts as a public project and private payments to offenders from the body they were facilitated by are very different things, with very different rubrics and aims, and they do not replace eachother

Fair enough, but are the financial objectives any different? Does it really matter? The public system is to protect others. Anyone else has been deemed an 'acceptable risk' will live in society. So regardless, these people's living costs will be funded one way or another. Obviously this is a highly emotive issue as the Catholic Church cannot put up a plausible argument that they have not been complicit in these crimes over many decades and it's obviously damage control under the guise of the church 'caring for their own'. However, the article making a link between payments paid to victims and the church supporting those convicted financially over a long period of time is a pointless one put there play on that emotion.

Senor Tron posted:

Well in the government funded program it's expressly for the purpose of keeping them away from children. Is there anything showing that the Church programs involve round the clock seperation of the offenders from youth?

The state is responsible in deciding who is too dangerous to be released into society. If there was too much of a risk of them reoffending then they would be at Ararat. If there were conditions placed on them as a part of release, e.g. proximity to children then they or the church would not be above the law. The same as any other person working, on a pension or being funded by friends or relatives who have been convicted with the same crimes. Are these people monitored around the clock?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Birb Katter posted:

Thread has been pretty quiet lately so let's get back on track. Should sausages be called sangas or sandwiches? Can they both be sangas so you can have a sanga sanga?

Sausage in bread.

They are not sandwiches

Also, with the exception of a democracy sausage which is a God given right - sausage in bread or hotdog?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
In Queensland we call them snags :grin:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Graic Gabtar posted:

Sausage in bread.

They are not sandwiches

Also, with the exception of a democracy sausage which is a God given right - sausage in bread or hotdog?

It needs too pieces of bread to be a sandwich. This checks out.
A sausage in a single piece of bread is in the same food family as hotdogs and tacos.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Stop trying to tell us a sub isn't a sandwich

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

People actually exist who call burgers sandwiches.

People cannot distinguish between bread and bun.

A Big Mac Sandwich please!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

Stop trying to tell us a sub isn't a sandwich

Subway sells fancy hotdogs because they don't cut the bread completely in half.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

In Queensland we call them snags :grin:

There is nothing sensitive or new age about Queensland guys.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What? Queensland is new age! Didn't you hear? Brisbane is Australia's NEW world city.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I don't like either the 'sausage in bread' or 'sausage sandwich' options, because really it's just a sausage. If you're eating a sausage with bread wrapped around it and someone asks what you are eating you'd just say 'a sausage'. If you're selling them or offering them to people you don't ask 'would you like a sausage in bread', you just ask 'wanna sausage?'.

The bread is just way to hold the sausage and sauce and maybe onion without getting your hands dirty.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Goffer posted:

I don't like either the 'sausage in bread' or 'sausage sandwich' options, because really it's just a sausage. If you're eating a sausage with bread wrapped around it and someone asks what you are eating you'd just say 'a sausage'. If you're selling them or offering them to people you don't ask 'would you like a sausage in bread', you just ask 'wanna sausage?'.

The bread is just way to hold the sausage and sauce and maybe onion without getting your hands dirty.

So really you're more of a sausage soft taco kind of goon.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

Burgers consist of minced meat between bread products with other things to assist. A sandwich is non-minced meat in a similar configuration. The bread/bun dichotomy is irrelevant to the "burger" definition hth

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
in Brisbane we call it "cock in rear end"

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Birb Katter posted:

So really you're more of a sausage soft taco kind of goon.

It's classy and part of our proud history of cutural approriation, i approve

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Goffer posted:

It's classy and part of our proud history of cutural approriation, i approve

Make it a fish sausage so no one can order one without snickering.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

I exist. I'll often call a burger a sandwich.

A legacy of time in the US I guess. I think the naming convention is something like:

Sliders - small burgers, usually served three at a time as bar snacks etc.
Sandwiches - hand sized burger, kind of like a rissole in a roll. "Here mate, have a rissole"
Burger - some loving ginormous heart attack on a bed of fries.

I'm assuming there are plenty of other regional variations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

My first customer was Megan
She came in for a hamburger with the lot no meat
"Hey, that's a salad roll", I said
And we started going out

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hamburgers are sandwiches you loving troglodyte

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

Hamburgers are sandwiches you loving troglodyte

The most Auspol post.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

You Am I posted:

My first customer was Megan
She came in for a hamburger with the lot no meat
"Hey, that's a salad roll", I said
And we started going out

The best pizza is a vegetarian with ham.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Graic Gabtar posted:

The best pizza is a vegetarian with long pork.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Eat the rich

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

Eat the rich

But only in small quantities, they're very rich.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

hooman posted:

But only in small quantities, they're very rich.

Considering how many more of us there are, that shouldn't be an issue.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Speaking of eating the rich: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-11/capital-gains-tax-reform-could-raise-46-billion-report/7079882

quote:

The Federal Government could raise as much as $46 billion a year if it axes the capital gains tax (CGT) exemption on the family home, according to new research.

A new Capital Gains Tax report, issued by think tank The Australia Institute with data by the National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling, said that more than half the benefit of the CGT exemption was enjoyed by households in the top 20 per cent of incomes.

The report estimated that ending the exemption for houses worth more than $2 million would still draw nearly $12 billion in new revenue over four years.

Australia Institute executive director Ben Oquist said at an annual loss of $46 billion, the CGT exemption for primary residences was costing the Government more than its entire defence or aged pension spending.

Mr Oquist told the ABC it would be "nonsensical" to exclude the exemption from serious tax reform.

"While it's probably politically unrealistic to think about removing that exemption altogether, one thing we've modelled today is looking at removing the exemption for homes worth more than $2 million," he said.

"Such a move would affect a very small amount of the population."

The modelling follows an earlier call to include the family home in the pension assets test, which researchers said would save the Government $14.5 billion a year.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull previously promised to put fairness at the centre of his Government's approach to economic change and tax reform, following concern over a potential increase in the Goods and Services Tax (GST).

The nation's peak welfare group the Australian Council of Service Service voiced concerns for low income earners during debate late last year, while the Federal Opposition has ruled out supporting an increase in the GST.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah, like that'll happen

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
Call it a sosso roll you fucks.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Graic Gabtar posted:

The best pizza is a vegetarian with ham.

That doesn't sound vegetarian at all!!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

xPanda posted:

Call it a sosso roll you fucks.

I'm surprised you're not just eating a shitload of dim sims.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

A sandwich sat on a plate should be relatively stable, with the top piece of bread flat. Basically sandwiches should be stack-able.

Now, take a sausage, a piece of bread (or two pieces of bread) and try to make a stack-able sandwich out of it, without cutting the sausage up into bits. It doesn't work. Therefore a sausage in bread is not a sandwich.

Interestingly however, you can start stacking your sausages in bread if you use two or more sausages in each layer. So two sausages between two slices of bread can be a sandwich.

2 sausages between 2 slices of bread = sandwich

Therefore 1 sausage in 1 slice of bread = 1/2 sandwich.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Okonomiyaki sauce and kewpie mayonnaise is amazing good on a sausage in bread.

You'll feel like the fattest pig afterwards though.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Mad Katter posted:

Okonomiyaki sauce and kewpie mayonnaise is amazing good on a sausage in bread.

You'll feel like the fattest pig afterwards though.

I have no idea what either of those are.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Vladimir Poutine posted:

That doesn't sound vegetarian at all!!

I didn't say it was! A vegetarian pizza usually has the best imaginative ingredients not stodgy or by the numbers.

Ham just makes it awesome.

It's like going to Gopal's on Swanston St in Melbourne and being able to take in a nicely cooked eye fillet.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Graic Gabtar posted:

I didn't say it was! A vegetarian pizza usually has the best imaginative ingredients not stodgy or by the numbers.

Ham just makes it awesome.

It's like going to Gopal's on Swanston St in Melbourne and being able to take in a nicely cooked eye fillet.

Goats Cheese Vegetarian Pizza with Lamb is the best you pleb.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hooman posted:

Sounds a bit loving la-de-da for auspol doesn't it?

hooman posted:

Goats Cheese Vegetarian Pizza with Lamb is the best you pleb.

Sounds good! Anything with a face, pile it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

hooman posted:

Okonomiyaki sauce is like a Japanese Worcestershire, and Kewpie mayo is Japanese mayo, slightly sweeter and thinner than the mayo you might be used to

• Locked thread