Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

From the article:

quote:

Anderson got out her phone to show me pictures of herself at work on the game. She was in some sort of hangar, mid–motion capture, wearing what looked to be a rudimentary Halloween costume — Ping-Pong balls stuck to Lycra, a helmet with dangling things that turned out to be tiny cameras. “Here I am, in this ridiculous getup, and the furniture’s made of plywood. There are like 45 cameras in the room,” she said. “To be in this suit, seriously saying ‘Abort mission!’ or whatever it is.” Anderson crumples into incredulous laughter.

:laffo: that's the only mention of the game, then she goes back to talking about real things :yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/40bili/star_citizen_is_only_65_done/cyt9g9a

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

BeefThief posted:

From the article:

:laffo: that's the only mention of the game, then she goes back to talking about real things :yarg:

I imagine after getting their little boners over Scully in their game, reading this will leave them hurt, torn, confused, as if touched about 6 inches away from your no-no spot becaue he can't really get any closer.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
boobies

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"All Goons say the same things and act the same way across every aspect of life."

The delusion is just too much.

:laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Not empty quoting or giggling.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Derek if I win the powerball and buy SC will you take over as head whatever i'll pay a generous salary

I'm not worried about the loss of money I plan on recouping half my cost by liquidating mocap studios and furniture

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Derek if I win the powerball and buy SC will you take over as head whatever i'll pay a generous salary

You'd have to hate Derek to hand him that poison chalice.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

What do you mean? Chris Roberts is a phenomenal director, look at how well done Wing Commander was.

lol is he talking about the game or movie? does it even matter?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol is he talking about the game or movie? does it even matter?

I was talking about the movie :sun:

The sarcasm in that post will go over most of the Citizens heads though.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 11, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Unfunny Poster posted:

"All Goons say the same things and act the same way across every aspect of life."

The delusion is just too much.

:laffo:

"Those...... THOSE...... MYSOGONISTS! THE HORROR!" :stonk: *goes back to posting on rsi with the paedophiles and stimpire lovers*

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"Those...... THOSE...... MYSOGONISTS! THE HORROR!" :stonk: *goes back to posting on rsi with the paedophiles and stimpire lovers*
From the same thread.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What's funny is the comments directed at Sandi they cling to don't ever disparage her simply for being a woman, unlike what was said about Liz Finnegan in that reddit post.

Granted some of the Sandi bashing is, like Lowtax said, not focusing on her actions as the CIG VP of Human Resources/Marketing/Customer Service/Hostess which are far more ripe for the mocking.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I really would love to know how much money has been flushed hiring the SQ42 actors + the mocap studios. Having absolutely no familiarity with the industry I'd guess it would be in the range of $20 million.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Unfunny Poster posted:

What's funny is the comments directed at Sandi they cling to don't ever disparage her simply for being a woman, unlike what was said about Liz Finnegan in that reddit post.

Granted some of the Sandi bashing is, like Lowtax said, not focusing on her actions as the CIG VP of Human Resources/Marketing/Customer Service/Hostess which are far more ripe for the mocking.

You know the rules. If one of us posted it, we ALL posted it. :colbert:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Mirificus posted:

From the same thread.

Nearly wrote something that would have gone too far there *phew* deep breath, seriously why? Just....why??

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

Sure. It's semantics and wordplay. The main issue is that they're trying to hold it up as some kind of mark of distinction even though, if the exact same wordplay and semantic shift is applied to the supposed competition, SC doesn't really have those “extremely large expanses” that is supposed to make it special. Compared to the equally seamless EVE and E:D, it's positively tiny.

That doesn't preclude it from being trickery. It's just the standard, sane, sensible bit of behind-the-scenes trickery all games use because simulating arms and legs would be, not just massive detail overkill, but ponderous and utterly unplayable.

It's trickery the same way as using a matte painting of a mountain rather than a real mountain is a bit of movie trickery. Everyone does it exactly because it's trickery — because moving the whole production to the foot of the mountain would in most cases be very stupid. It's still trickery.

Yeah but in this case Chris Roberts justified the cost of his film with the fact that he was shooting everything on location and Sandi is now trying to pass a very poorly done matte painting of Everest as the real deal and pointing out how if you had 15/15 vision you could even see a penguin jumping from a rock to another.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I hope Star Citizen has penguins

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Well, they are a kind of birds, so in a way they are already in.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

aleksendr posted:

Well, they are a kind of birds, so in a way they are already in.

you're a loving bird

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol I forgot when you get heck of downvotes too quickly you get post restricted. I won't even care about this reply in 7 minutes!!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40dkko/squadron_42_shoutout_courtesy_gillian_anderson/

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Daztek posted:

I hope Star Citizen has penguins

They wont be the only thing that cant fly.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
I know this is the thread for the greatest space sim.....wait no sorry, greatest video game ever made but somebody mentioned "Angels Fall First" earlier. It sadly will flop because nobody's playing it but that did get me thinking about the other attempt at a big space game supposedly coming out in the near future. Battlescape: Infinity. Does it seem to have any of the pie-in-the-sky ridiculousness that SC does or could it actually be something to keep an eye on?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Way to go guys, we upset Matilda. Can we get an entire page of nothing but vagina speculation? I think we can!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

if the game comes out I will buy it and play it, I'm looking forward to it in fact. Even if it's terrible.

I'd rather eat a poo poo than play SQ42 even for a second though

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Friday's RtV is up on Youtube so I can now timestamp 5 minutes of engineer despair. All three of them give at least some insight into the hieronymus bosch painting that is the star citizen engine.

edit: Ben is also super uncomfortable as this conversation goes down.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 11, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Pi dude posted:

Or that waddles.

:v:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Just watched that mo cap vid for the millionth time with mark strong and marlon brando.... I mean sandi......

Look at how she's stood the entire time Mark is talking to her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3iKfqaPKkU Just loving slouched with her hands crossed in front of her, no hint of any military background or even any interest in what he's saying.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just watched that mo cap vid for the millionth time with mark strong and marlon brando.... I mean sandi......

Look at how she's stood the entire time Mark is talking to her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3iKfqaPKkU Just loving slouched with her hands crossed in front of her, no hint of any military background or even any interest in what he's saying.

Modern military decorum wouldn't be identical to that of what's used in the 2900s.

Duh.

Stupid Goon. :smuggo:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Modern military decorum wouldn't be identical to that of what's used in the 2900s.

Duh.

Stupid Goon. :smuggo:

And now I am truly enlightened, peace to you brother goon.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sandi's not going to get pushed around by some b-list actor

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Daztek posted:

Sandi's not going to get pushed around by some b-list actor

True that. She's playing Pusher, not Pushee.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
please stop saying dumb stuff, i mean its basically all of us saying it

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Pi dude posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JsZbSzMi08

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

edit: Ben is also super uncomfortable as this conversation goes down.

Sadly so is his chair.

• Locked thread