Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

alg posted:

It's important to remember your newness dude. This meta is 100x better than the Phantom(Soontir) / Decimator and Fat Han meta from last year, or the low ps generics meta from the year before.

Coincidentally, I flew against Soontir/Decimator yesterday. It was the "shoot at Soontir for a half-hour" experience.

Like I said, a lot of my perspective is going to be less informed than the thread writ large, and I freely admit that. I saw one Decimator yesterday, true, but I don't really think of the Decimator as the oppressive element in the Soontir/Decimator list - it's the binary "I am invincible until the turn I instantly die" Interceptor ace, and I had consecutive games against him. I know that doesn't speak for the entire event's lists, and it's cool that the top 4 featured a lot of variation, but it seemed to me that below the highest echelon you just had this sea of regen Poes and Soontirs and TLTs that all started to run together. As a brief aside, it was nice seeing people react to PTL/BB-8 Poe with "Oh, cool" yesterday. Because Soontir has exactly One True Build, I don't think you see as much of that with him - you know as soon as you sit across from someone with that pilot card visible that it's PtL/Autothrusters/Stealth Device/title.

Fake edit: this is not meant to imply that Soontir Fel is an unstoppable beast, that TLTs and/or regen Poe will appear in every list at the top, or that I don't like X-Wing and believe I've "solved" it. I really like X-Wing! I don't think anything is really overpowered, but it certainly feels oppressive, that's all, and in an eight-hour event it gets exhausting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

jassi007 posted:

So I'm planning on head to my first "official" tournament at the end of Feb. I want a dang C-3PO! :) I'm debating two lists, both are Dash lists. One the standard Corran list the other with Poe. It seems the main difference is Poe is going to get more regular hits, but Corran can opt to double tap which can be useful for ships that have a lot of defense/evasion etc. to wear them out of focus/evade/tricks then get some damage on them. Does that sound about right? The Dash/Poe list is 96 points which I understand gives me a good initiative bid?

Dash Rendar — YT-2400 36
Push the Limit 3
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Kyle Katarn 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Outrider 5
Ship Total: 58

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 31
Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4
Autothrusters 2
Ship Total: 38

Corran Horn — E-Wing 35
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire-Control System 2
R2-D2 4
Ship Total: 42

R5P9 is better on Poe if you have it, but understandable if you don't since it's in the Corvette :(

4 points is a huge initiative bit, to the point where I might even be inclined to stick either Weapons Guidance or a Flechette/Plasma Torpedo in there just to fill a couple more points. 99 is the critical bid where a LOT of big lists end up, so 98 is more than enough to guarantee moving first with Dash in most cases.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

thespaceinvader posted:

R5P9 is better on Poe if you have it, but understandable if you don't since it's in the Corvette :(

4 points is a huge initiative bit, to the point where I might even be inclined to stick either Weapons Guidance or a Flechette/Plasma Torpedo in there just to fill a couple more points. 99 is the critical bid where a LOT of big lists end up, so 98 is more than enough to guarantee moving first with Dash in most cases.

No reason I couldn't throw flechette torps on Poe. I don't have any huge ships, I also don't have TLT or Autothrusters. I don't want to Spend $100 to go to this event heh. I will pick up a starviper I think since autothrusters seems great on Poe. The transport is on my list since 2 of the astromechs in it are seeing a good amount of play these days. I like the Poe, Elly, Dutch build but I'd need to spend a good bit on expnasions to play it at a store championships.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Opinion time: broken C3PO + Wookie Gunner? Or imperial gunner + broken C3PO alternate art combo? What about with Miranda?

Also yesterday we told Paul to try and get FFG to make an official TR8R trooper mini/card for imperial assault. I hope they make a crew card of him for X-wing for sweet inquisitor/TR8R combos too.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 10, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

jassi007 posted:

No reason I couldn't throw flechette torps on Poe. I don't have any huge ships, I also don't have TLT or Autothrusters. I don't want to Spend $100 to go to this event heh. I will pick up a starviper I think since autothrusters seems great on Poe. The transport is on my list since 2 of the astromechs in it are seeing a good amount of play these days. I like the Poe, Elly, Dutch build but I'd need to spend a good bit on expnasions to play it at a store championships.

Ah yeah, I missed the lack of Autothrusters, definitely put those on if you can get some.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

thespaceinvader posted:

Ah yeah, I missed the lack of Autothrusters, definitely put those on if you can get some.

No i have them on my list for Poe. I'm just trying to work out a list where I don't have to spend $$$ to play. I don't have an autothrusters currently but I don't mind picking up a starviper to get one.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I will be disappointed if they don't have a summer kit with auto thrusters by this summer. It's been long enough and all the people that needed it for VSP store champs and last year decimator/Fel would have already gotten it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It would be a cool thing to get in a tournament kit, certainly. I'd very much value it to let me feel like I can run interceptors in tourneys.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
One question:
Does Latts' Razzi's ability to spend a target lock to reduce agility work on her own attacks?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

canyoneer posted:

One question:
Does Latts' Razzi's ability to spend a target lock to reduce agility work on her own attacks?

I don't see any reason why not.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

You are a friendly ship of yourself, so yes.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

It's actually in the transport. Along with the T-65 pilots.

Still in a huge ship, but at least in one you can get for <$40 if you ship around.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Koopa Kid posted:

Just a heads-up for any Toronto/GTA area goons, the Indigo in the Eaton's Centre has the OT Starter box for $20 right now, a friend and I both got one. The site says they only have 1 in stock but they have a whole shelf of them.

Woah poo poo, thanks for the tip. I gotta get down there to pick one up I guess.

Also if anyone plays in Toronto, where do you guys go? I'm closest to Dueling Grounds, so I was going to check that out, plus Meeple Mart moved closer to where I live and that seemed like a good back-up. I've lived here for a few years but haven't really had time to get back into minis until now.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 10, 2016

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

thespaceinvader posted:

I think the obvious synergy is there in that Poe focuses and uses it on offense and defense before spending it to regen a shield, but I think for the extra point R2D2 is better. Nothing can stop you from taking a green maneuver, while running into stuff can stop you from taking an action.

If you're already using R2 somewhere else that's a moot point however.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chemmy posted:

I think the obvious synergy is there in that Poe focuses and uses it on offense and defense before spending it to regen a shield, but I think for the extra point R2D2 is better. Nothing can stop you from taking a green maneuver, while running into stuff can stop you from taking an action.

If you're already using R2 somewhere else that's a moot point however.

But you can't regen a shield after a hard 3 with R2-D2 (or a Tallon Roll and Kyle Katarn on your team). There are pros and cons, but R5-P9 is generally more flexible while R2-D2 is more reliable.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Dreylad posted:

Woah poo poo, thanks for the tip. I gotta get down there to pick one up I guess.

Also if anyone plays in Toronto, where do you guys go? I'm closest to Dueling Grounds, so I was going to check that out, plus Meeple Mart moved closer to where I live and that seemed like a good back-up. I've lived here for a few years but haven't really had time to get back into minis until now.

I've just been playing casually with friends at Meeplemart, just started last week. Scene isn't too big or organized over there from what I can tell though. I know DG does alternating X-wing/Armada tournaments every Sunday, the next X-wing tourney is the 17th so you should check that out.

Face to Face games also has weekly X-wing nights on Tuesdays but I've never been.

These guys also have a local event calendar, although a lot of the shops on there are pretty far away from where you are: http://dockingbay416.com/event-calendar/

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Prince Xizor (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Virago (1)

Kavil (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Blaster Turret (4)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Total: 95

I'm reworking my list a bit after the last tournament ready for this friday and I'm looking for some goonpinions for a system upgrade for Xizor.

I've dropped my hotshot blasters off my Pirates, while useful they ended up being 6 points models that I treat as ablative shielding which I thought would be better spent on the threats in my list. I found trying to get to range 1 with Kavil for the Autoblaster turret was very tough (I'm bad at spaceships) so wanted to give myself the option of shooting at range 2. I didn't think he was getting a lot out of VI so changed that to PTL to provide the focus for the turret, I'm tempted to remove the engine upgrade as well but I'll see how he flies this week.

I have 5 points to spend, I'm not sure what system or illicit I want to give Xizor. Advanced sensors lets me focus when I segnor loop and gives me options to boost or barrel roll prior to moving to avoid bumps. Accuracy corrector lets me save tokens for defence since I know I can just correct to two hits, or sensor jammer which gives him more staying power once the ablative z's are gone.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hooman posted:

Prince Xizor (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Virago (1)

Kavil (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Blaster Turret (4)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Total: 95

I'm reworking my list a bit after the last tournament ready for this friday and I'm looking for some goonpinions for a system upgrade for Xizor.

I've dropped my hotshot blasters off my Pirates, while useful they ended up being 6 points models that I treat as ablative shielding which I thought would be better spent on the threats in my list. I found trying to get to range 1 with Kavil for the Autoblaster turret was very tough (I'm bad at spaceships) so wanted to give myself the option of shooting at range 2. I didn't think he was getting a lot out of VI so changed that to PTL to provide the focus for the turret, I'm tempted to remove the engine upgrade as well but I'll see how he flies this week.

I have 5 points to spend, I'm not sure what system or illicit I want to give Xizor. Advanced sensors lets me focus when I segnor loop and gives me options to boost or barrel roll prior to moving to avoid bumps. Accuracy corrector lets me save tokens for defence since I know I can just correct to two hits, or sensor jammer which gives him more staying power once the ablative z's are gone.

Advanced Sensors and Inertial Dampners. No contest.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
So I am practicing with a modified version of the XXY list I already used, except now I have become the enemy

Poe Dameron (37)
T-70 X-Wing (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

"Red Ace" (38)
T-70 X-Wing (29)
R2-D2 (4)
Comm Relay (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (25)
Y-Wing (18)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R3-A2 (2)

Total: 100
View In Yet Another Squad Builder

I'm not sure if this is already a common build, but I didn't see it at the store champs - not in this variety - and I'm not sure about it yet. Losing the range 3 stress hurts. I have not a ton of experience trying to make Ion anything work yet. Poe and the Ace try to survive for as long as possible. Poe is your actual killer, of course, while Red Ace is low enough PS to block if necessary and tanky enough to survive a lot of exchanged fire. PS10 Poe has always been sexy.

Should I go back to PTL/BB-8 Poe to squeeze in the TLT for the range 3 stress? Put another way, Good Players In This Thread, would you rather face PTL/BB-8/IA Poe but the Y-Wing gets the TLT, or the list posted above?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Strobe posted:

Advanced Sensors and Inertial Dampners. No contest.

Thanks, that's a great idea, thinking about it now the ability to both Focus with AS and full stop at PS9 would have been very useful in quite a few situations. Especially against the triple phantom list.

I was so happy when I managed to boost Kavil directly between two phantoms at range 1. Eat arc-dodging y-wing phantoms.

(I still lost only destroying 1/3 phantoms, but at least it was whisper).

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Didn't get to play any wangs this weekend so I thought about some lists I want to try next week. Comments?

Simple Rebel lists, cant figure out what the best combo of astromechs is though tbh.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:57,-1,148:-1:20:;82:27,-1,163:-1:20:;8:135,-1,-1,69:21:-1:

So I've been trying to figure out a 4 man Imperial list that can run smoothly thinking that the idea of the new TIE/fo is to create a cheap ace. Do either of these work as a super mini swarm kind of build and/or anything I should change that keeps the concept?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!28:18:5:15:M.1;62:27:5:15:M.1;17:27:-1:-1:;154::-1:-1:

or with a TIE/fo

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!28:18:5:15:M.1;62:27:5:15:M.1;154::-1:-1:;189:147:-1:-1:

EDIT: Also if anyone has a good Starviper ace based list I'd loved to be not-terrible with them.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 11, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kingcom posted:

Didn't get to play any wangs this weekend so I thought about some lists I want to try next week. Comments?

Simple Rebel lists, cant figure out what the best combo of astromechs is though tbh.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:57,-1,148:-1:20:;82:27,-1,163:-1:20:;8:135,-1,-1,69:21:-1:

Wes adores having R3-A2, I've discovered. Being able to simultaneously strip a token and stress something to be an excellent complement. In the case of action dependent ships like aces or, more importantly, big ships like Decimators and Dash, it keeps them from doing things that are truly crazy, and will keep them in range and arc much easier than trying to chase them down later. Stress a Brobot on the merge and he might as well be dead already.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dreylad posted:

I've played at both and they're good. Last semester got a little crazy so I haven't been in a couple of months, but I'm going to start going to both again.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

kingcom posted:

So I've been trying to figure out a 4 man Imperial list that can run smoothly thinking that the idea of the new TIE/fo is to create a cheap ace. Do either of these work as a super mini swarm kind of build and/or anything I should change that keeps the concept?

I am not sold on Jax with VI instead of PTL, but I think 4-ship Imperial builds are on their way in.

You could consider dropping one of them down to an Academy Pilot; you get one of the best blockers in the game, and free up point for your big guns.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Strobe posted:

Wes adores having R3-A2, I've discovered. Being able to simultaneously strip a token and stress something to be an excellent complement. In the case of action dependent ships like aces or, more importantly, big ships like Decimators and Dash, it keeps them from doing things that are truly crazy, and will keep them in range and arc much easier than trying to chase them down later. Stress a Brobot on the merge and he might as well be dead already.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:57,-1,3:-1:20:;82:27,-1,69:-1:20:;7:135,-1,-1,148:21:-1:

Say something like that, bb-8 keeping the TLT bouncing around as he needs to while stressed to get shots and share locks to everyone? He should be behind/away from the pack so the lower PS might not hurt him too badly since he'll move up, give someone a free lock then everything else moves.

ConfusedUs posted:

I am not sold on Jax with VI instead of PTL, but I think 4-ship Imperial builds are on their way in.

You could consider dropping one of them down to an Academy Pilot; you get one of the best blockers in the game, and free up point for your big guns.

Which looks better on paper, the firepower Mauler can bring or throwing a dirt cheap third turbo pilot skill into the mix. Im thinking the TIE/fo just so i can block at the start and end if needed and for is very nice maneuver dial. I figure soontir/carno should be enough to take out anything on their own while the other two should mostly be there to disrupt whatever my opponent is doing.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!28:18:5:15:M.1;62:18:5:15:M.1;10::-1:-1:;189:147:-1:-1:

or

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!28:18:5:15:M.1;62:18:5:15:M.1;17:27:-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:

kingcom fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 11, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kingcom posted:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:57,-1,3:-1:20:;82:27,-1,69:-1:20:;7:135,-1,-1,148:21:-1:

Say something like that, bb-8 keeping the TLT bouncing around as he needs to while stressed to get shots and share locks to everyone? He should be behind/away from the pack so the lower PS might not hurt him too badly since he'll move up, give someone a free lock then everything else moves.

Dutch should never be stressed in that list, ever (you can't take any action, even a free one, if you're stressed, which includes BB-8's barrel roll). There are exactly two green maneuvers on a Y-wing, so it's predictable as hell to block him. I'm not convinced of the utility of BB-8 on a Y-wing but by all means experiment. I could end up being totally wrong.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Strobe posted:

Dutch should never be stressed in that list, ever (you can't take any action, even a free one, if you're stressed, which includes BB-8's barrel roll). There are exactly two green maneuvers on a Y-wing, so it's predictable as hell to block him. I'm not convinced of the utility of BB-8 on a Y-wing but by all means experiment. I could end up being totally wrong.

Oh yeah derp I always get that wrong. Anyway I feel bb-8 gets him out of trouble to dump his TLT off and pass off free locks. A barrel roll just seems to give a tonne of manoeuvrability for something that simply cant do anything fancy to begin with. But yeah who knows, could just get blown to bits lol. Maybe strip off the title as well so at least can get confidently get his shots off.

Actually gently caress it I think i've got a better way to do the same thing i'm looking for if that doesnt work out:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:57,-1,3:-1:20:;82:27,-1,69:-1:20:;47:-1,135,32:3:-1:

Im thinking just trying to turbo charge a wes/wedge attack is going to be worth way more than the health of the y-wing. I've used the Hwk all of once though so I dont know.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 11, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kingcom posted:

Oh yeah derp I always get that wrong. Anyway I feel bb-8 gets him out of trouble to dump his TLT off and pass off free locks. A barrel roll just seems to give a tonne of manoeuvrability for something that simply cant do anything fancy to begin with. But yeah who knows, could just get blown to bits lol. Maybe strip off the title as well so at least can get confidently get his shots off.

Actually gently caress it I think i've got a better way to do the same thing i'm looking for if that doesnt work out:

[url]https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:57,-1,3:-1:20:;82:27,-1,69:-1:20:;47:-1,135,32:3:-1:[/url]

Im thinking just trying to turbo charge a wes/wedge attack is going to be worth way more than the health of the y-wing. I've used the Hwk all of once though so I dont know.

If you want to turbo-charge a Wes/Wedge attack, drop Moldy Crow to upgrade to Jan Ors, and then give Wedge Opportunist. You'll be throwing five dice against minus one defense dice at range 3 and 6 dice at range 1. :getin:

Edit: Link.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Strobe posted:

If you want to turbo-charge a Wes/Wedge attack, drop Moldy Crow to upgrade to Jan Ors, and then give Wedge Opportunist. You'll be throwing five dice against minus one defense dice at range 3 and 6 dice at range 1. :getin:

Edit: Link.

These are all fantastically dumb/good ideas and I cant wait to try them.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kingcom posted:

These are all fantastically dumb/good ideas and I cant wait to try them.

My primary gimmick is X-wings.

My secondary gimmick is throwing stupid numbers of red dice for little justifiable reason.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

So I got my friend into this when we got together and did a belated Christmas gift exchange over the weekend. Got her the orig tridge starter, 3 spare X-Wings, an A and B Wing, and the Falcon, plus a few extra upgrades, Leia card sleeves, and a rebel logo dice bag.

Set up a game with Luke with R2 vs Mithel and an Academy Pilot, and had to job incredibly hard to throw it (I'm of the opinion you job out when you're demoing a game, everyoe wins their first game).

She then goes home, plays basically the same match-up against her eight year old daughter, and brags to me that her TIEs killed her kid's Luke. SA Forums poster "The Dregs" would be proud of her.

She got me the Transport, one of the biggest holes in what I've collected, so that's cool. Some clutch astromechs in there. Also a bunch of other nerd stuff, including a Rebel emblem T-shirt. Ugh, I guess I can rep this conspiracy of murderers, thieves and traitors, but I would have much preferred the Imperial Wheel.

Starting my store's League up tomorrow night! :woop:

E: Earlier this morning she was reading over my shoulder as I was finalizing a trade trying to get the BTL titles, guy was gonna go buy the Most Wanted expansion that was in stock at his B&N just for them, so I suggested offering a little more on my end and just having him trade me the whole thing to make it worth his while as long as he was doing that. She asks "What's the most wanted expansion?" and I kind of explain and she's like "Oh, I thought that's a nickname 'cause it's the most sought after." Then I realized that since it comes with a bunch of almost obligatory S&V stuff, a great Y-Wing title, and is currently awaiting restock, that's not far from the truth.

Now that I look at the contents, I like the minitheme where compared to the Rebel HWKs are like AWACs-style support "buffers," scum HWKs are Wild-Weasel style "debuffers." That's cute.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 11, 2016

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

I ran Redline + Omega Ace + 2x Tempest Squadron quite a bit recently. It was almost good. With Guidance Chips I fully expect it to start owning.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

hooman posted:

Kavil (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Blaster Turret (4)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)

I don't think you're going to get your points worth out of the engine upgrade as you need to always do a focus action just to be able to shoot with the blaster, and you're always going to want a target lock to deal reliable damage. This kavil build would be awesome with the Dorsal turret.

For my money the R4 agromech is a good alternative option for blaster turret builds as it does the same thing as ptl without the stress, but you do lose the versatile greens on the dial, and you can free up the EPT slot (something like crackshot to help pop AT & stealth Aces). But I mostly think blaster turret is a bad option due to the number of ways you can lose focus and be unable to shoot (if you bump, Carnor jax, wes, palob, needing to spend a focus on defence to prevent a crit etc.) tbh TLT probably puts out more reliable damage in the long run, or alternatively a 4 dice ion attack is soontir and dashs nightmare.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Otisburg posted:

So I got my friend into this when we got together and did a belated Christmas gift exchange over the weekend. Got her the orig tridge starter, 3 spare X-Wings, an A and B Wing, and the Falcon, plus a few extra upgrades, Leia card sleeves, and a rebel logo dice bag.

Set up a game with Luke with R2 vs Mithel and an Academy Pilot, and had to job incredibly hard to throw it (I'm of the opinion you job out when you're demoing a game, everyoe wins their first game).

She then goes home, plays basically the same match-up against her eight year old daughter, and brags to me that her TIEs killed her kid's Luke. SA Forums poster "The Dregs" would be proud of her.

She got me the Transport, one of the biggest holes in what I've collected, so that's cool. Some clutch astromechs in there. Also a bunch of other nerd stuff, including a Rebel emblem T-shirt. Ugh, I guess I can rep this conspiracy of murderers, thieves and traitors, but I would have much preferred the Imperial Wheel.

Starting my store's League up tomorrow night! :woop:

E: Earlier this morning she was reading over my shoulder as I was finalizing a trade trying to get the BTL titles, guy was gonna go buy the Most Wanted expansion that was in stock at his B&N just for them, so I suggested offering a little more on my end and just having him trade me the whole thing to make it worth his while as long as he was doing that. She asks "What's the most wanted expansion?" and I kind of explain and she's like "Oh, I thought that's a nickname 'cause it's the most sought after." Then I realized that since it comes with a bunch of almost obligatory S&V stuff, a great Y-Wing title, and is currently awaiting restock, that's not far from the truth.

Now that I look at the contents, I like the minitheme where compared to the Rebel HWKs are like AWACs-style support "buffers," scum HWKs are Wild-Weasel style "debuffers." That's cute.

Torkil Mux has two mandatory components: twin laser turret, and the duck hunt dog noise.

I'm really having a hard time flying scum lists without him; he's not that great, but he is so wonderfully annoying.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hoiyes posted:

I don't think you're going to get your points worth out of the engine upgrade as you need to always do a focus action just to be able to shoot with the blaster, and you're always going to want a target lock to deal reliable damage. This kavil build would be awesome with the Dorsal turret.

For my money the R4 agromech is a good alternative option for blaster turret builds as it does the same thing as ptl without the stress, but you do lose the versatile greens on the dial, and you can free up the EPT slot (something like crackshot to help pop AT & stealth Aces). But I mostly think blaster turret is a bad option due to the number of ways you can lose focus and be unable to shoot (if you bump, Carnor jax, wes, palob, needing to spend a focus on defence to prevent a crit etc.) tbh TLT probably puts out more reliable damage in the long run, or alternatively a 4 dice ion attack is soontir and dashs nightmare.

I have been waiting with baited breath for the dorsal turret because it is exactly what I want to put on Kavil, I have given some thought to the Ion turret but wanted to try out the blaster with PTL to see how it went. I quite like the engine upgrade, because with it and unhinged astro you can actually arc dodge a fair bit, it is sort of on there as a hangover from when I had an autoblaster turret and needed it to make sure I had options to reach range 1 in order to shoot.

My other thought was dropping Kavil to a Syndicate thug, taking off the engine upgrade and running Ion/Agromech which gives me enough points to fit in another Z-95. However this will require me buying another most wanted box :(

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ze Pollack posted:

Torkil Mux has two mandatory components: twin laser turret, and the duck hunt dog noise.

I'm really having a hard time flying scum lists without him; he's not that great, but he is so wonderfully annoying.

Once wave 8 hits, you can run him with a dorsal turret and a lovely cloaking device to keep him nice and cheap, and alive.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I want to try this :q:

BOSSK/DREA GIMMICK LIST
This is probably not good but funny

100 points

PILOTS

Drea Renthal (36)
Y-Wing (22), Extra Munitions (2), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Twin Laser Turret (6), R4-B11 (3), Guidance Chips (0)

Trandoshan Slaver (40)
YV-666 (29), Bossk (2), Gunner (5), Engine Upgrade (4)

Binayre Pirate (12) x 2

View: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/388279/bosskdrea-gimmick-list

Tweak: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build/388279

XWS: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/xws/388279

EDIT: I also wish that Y-Wings could have an FCS, although Drea with FCS would be completely and utterly hilarious.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 11, 2016

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

That's probably better than what I was going to try, but I really wanted to try out Latts

LATTS'S SCUM FLEET

99 points

PILOTS

Binayre Pirate (12) x 2

Latts Razzi (47)
YV-666 (33), Bossk (2), Gunner (5), Weapons Engineer (3), Engine Upgrade (4)

Black Sun Ace (28)
Kihraxz Fighter (23), Deadeye (1), Ion Pulse Missiles (3), Munitions Failsafe (1)

View: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/388287/lattss-scum-fleet

Tweak: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build/388287

XWS: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/xws/388287

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I just love Drea. She's such a gimmicky character but when paired up with TLTs she's utterly hilarious. I flew her for a few matches in a league setting and people were always surprised at what she could do. Torps also work really well on her thanks to the perma-lock, and forcing enemies to reroll their evade dice is pretty awesome as well. You just have to be careful when you switch the target lock, because if she is not able to switch it, she ends up with a ridiculous number of stress and no action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
In case there was any doubt about whether Rogue One would give us new X-Wing fodder...

SPOILER
http://imgur.com/a/Fda2k

I like the new paint scheme.

• Locked thread