Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tempus Thales posted:

This message is approved by Kimseums!
###
We are testing a Discord Goon Community for Camelot Unchained game.

To sign up, use this link: https://discord.gg/0blIq7586QBUXYiv

Please add link to OP

you dumb.

The Moon Monster posted:

What do people even have to gain botting low level pvp zones :psyduck:

Effort free way to level. It's mostly Chinese gold farmers. Once you hit level 50 via pvp bot you can run a contracts board bot.

Some idiot in my guild was running a contracts board bot. Not going to lie I kinda wanted to run one too.

EDIT: Since someone posted in another thread that this game still has a wildly long attunement I feel like I should correct that.

It took me two days to attune after hitting 50 on an alt, and most of that time was spent getting a tanking set built and runed so I could tank my own attunement process.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Yup that was an oops.

Anyways anyone still playing this game? I logged back to my old character and it still is part of Space Jam.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Holy poo poo that first one hahhahahhahah. Would love to see the context of that convo.

When the game released it ran like crap on any kind of AMD hardware, and it turned out that not only had they not bothered to optimise the game for anything that wasn't nvidia, they actually hadn't even tested the game at all on anything outside their identical internal testing rigs.

If that quote's recent, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that they still hadn't done anything about it for 18+ months.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Rhymenoserous posted:

EDIT: Since someone posted in another thread that this game still has a wildly long attunement I feel like I should correct that.

It took me two days to attune after hitting 50 on an alt, and most of that time was spent getting a tanking set built and runed so I could tank my own attunement process.

Yeah the time now is even trying to find a group that won't disband because they have to carry not one, but maybe two people who aren't geared AT LEAST GA gear when their answer in world/LFM chat is "just do world boss runs." And now you have to rune your gear which isn't too bad but the min/maxers are crying so hard.

Also drop 7 won't have any new raids but probably another daily zone or something.

And thanks chairman for being the best mod in that place.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tempus Thales posted:

Yup that was an oops.

Anyways anyone still playing this game? I logged back to my old character and it still is part of Space Jam.

I am, was Stylie in space jam. If you want a guild that does things I can probably toss you an invite, just PM me character name.

noELrunes posted:

Yeah the time now is even trying to find a group that won't disband because they have to carry not one, but maybe two people who aren't geared AT LEAST GA gear when their answer in world/LFM chat is "just do world boss runs." And now you have to rune your gear which isn't too bad but the min/maxers are crying so hard.

Also drop 7 won't have any new raids but probably another daily zone or something.

And thanks chairman for being the best mod in that place.

This is what guilds are for really. I only consider these dungeons nominally puggable.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 11, 2016

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
Are you a j4g? Have you been run out of even the most niche MMO's goon guilds? Are you such a pointlessly bad person that you actively earn the emnity of all around you for no tangible benefit?

Great news, there's one last bastion. A true frontier for the hardcore.. Where only the strong will survive.....

WILDSTAR

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 11, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sign me the gently caress up

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
BFM is playing wildstar? gently caress it I quit.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Wildstar redditors are currently competing to be the player who was most burned by Wildstar's promises

quote:

I've sticked with this game far longer than you, I've spent a lot more time in WildStar than you and I loved it way more than you ever could.

The fact people like me can't defend this game anymore and downright lost hope says more about your stupid little thread than any comment posted here. The people who loved this game more than anyone else are the bitter, salty vets you see today, and there's plenty of reasons for that no matter how much you sugarcoat and ignore things.

quote:

Been supporting the game sense loving alpha, so I doubt it was "far longer"

rear end in a top hat

I complain when necessary, not every single time I see a bit of do a bad daily

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

What a bunch of cupcakes.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The Chairman posted:

Wildstar redditors are currently competing to be the player who was most burned by Wildstar's promises

Are they fighting about the next patch not having new raid content? Because this can't possibly be the first F2P transition they've seen. Content comes at a snails pace when you minimize dev resources and are coming in from negative cash flow.

Nominally I'd argue if they were actually thinking adults or not but then lol mmo players are almost never rational thinking adults.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Did they ever add in a new raid past the launch ones?

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Deki posted:

Did they ever add in a new raid past the launch ones?

They added in a level 50 adventure and made all the spaceship instances scale for level 50s and a new 5 man dungeon other then that nothing new for another dungeon and no new raids since launch.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

noELrunes posted:

They added in a level 50 adventure and made all the spaceship instances scale for level 50s and a new 5 man dungeon other then that nothing new for another dungeon and no new raids since launch.

They added a boss in the box raid (Think argent colloseum or whatever for WoW).

Two new five man dungeons and two new level 50 adventures.

EDIT: It's been a while sooo:

UPDATE from a goon who plays this bad game:

Guild is now on the 2nd floor of GA, and have killed something like 6 minibosses (A boss by any other name) and 3 main bosses in the first raid. We killed the first boss (X-89) in the first week by a stupid slim margin. We spent a fair bit of time on the 2nd boss because it required 8 people be hpyer co-ordinated in phase 2, and asking folks to do poo poo like "Don't die during phase one" and "Stand where the loving addon tells you to stand" in phase 2 was remarkably difficult for people who can't read. I eventually cracked the code by telling each individual player exactly where they needed to stand, rather than just allowing them to think. We were on this boss for 3 weeks, but that has more to do with "Holiday schedules" and us often raiding a 20 man with just 15 dudes because people were traveling et al. This moved us on to the 2nd floor where we immediately knocked down all of the available minibosses before tackling our first 2nd floor boss "Phage Maw". We killed him on our 2nd night of attempts through the strategy of "gently caress it, DPS is going super fast, lets throw another alt healer at it". We also killed him in a single rotation of his phases which is drat near unheard of on a guilds early attempts.

In something like 3 weeks of raiding we're getting so much BOE poo poo from trash that we're starting to guild bank it for future level 50's/alts. They throw a lot of gear at you in raids.

All in all the raiding game is fun, and I think Wildstars biggest mistake was to hide it behind that stupid attunement, and frankly they fixed it far too late and this game will be dead in two years if Redmoon doesn't breath some life in (It probably won't). Ultimately they could turn this around to make it the best MMO on the market but still fail because of the sheer level of lost credibility in the eyes of the Market.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 14, 2016

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Rhymenoserous posted:

They added a boss in the box raid (Think argent colloseum or whatever for WoW).

Two new five man dungeons and two new level 50 adventures.

EDIT: It's been a while sooo:

UPDATE from a goon who plays this bad game:

Guild is now on the 2nd floor of GA, and have killed something like 6 minibosses (A boss by any other name) and 3 main bosses in the first raid. We killed the first boss (X-89) in the first week by a stupid slim margin. We spent a fair bit of time on the 2nd boss because it required 8 people be hpyer co-ordinated in phase 2, and asking folks to do poo poo like "Don't die during phase one" and "Stand where the loving addon tells you to stand" in phase 2 was remarkably difficult for people who can't read. I eventually cracked the code by telling each individual player exactly where they needed to stand, rather than just allowing them to think. We were on this boss for 3 weeks, but that has more to do with "Holiday schedules" and us often raiding a 20 man with just 15 dudes because people were traveling et al. This moved us on to the 2nd floor where we immediately knocked down all of the available minibosses before tackling our first 2nd floor boss "Phage Maw". We killed him on our 2nd night of attempts through the strategy of "gently caress it, DPS is going super fast, lets throw another alt healer at it". We also killed him in a single rotation of his phases which is drat near unheard of on a guilds early attempts.

In something like 3 weeks of raiding we're getting so much BOE poo poo from trash that we're starting to guild bank it for future level 50's/alts. They throw a lot of gear at you in raids.

All in all the raiding game is fun, and I think Wildstars biggest mistake was to hide it behind that stupid attunement, and frankly they fixed it far too late and this game will be dead in two years if Redmoon doesn't breath some life in (It probably won't). Ultimately they could turn this around to make it the best MMO on the market but still fail because of the sheer level of lost credibility in the eyes of the Market.

whats it like being super duper delusional?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

Eh if you enjoy raiding and can get the people together wildstar's raids are on par with WoW's it's just somehow maintaining 20-40 people which is the worst part

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Stormgale posted:

Eh if you enjoy raiding and can get the people together wildstar's raids are on par with WoW's it's just somehow maintaining 20-40 people which is the worst part

Honestly, I could see Wildstar overtaking Rift's place with f2p players if they make more improvements.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

exactly what am I delusional about?

Stormgale posted:

It's all 20 man now. The 40 man was redesigned into a 20 man. We've got about 25~ raiders at the moment and didn't really have problems building a raid team. But our guilds schtick was we were going to take this all casually. Our requirements to be a raider are "Know your class/rotation and have all your gear runed". We provide a free crafted set of level 50 gear that imbues to better than dungeon gear, and we usually attune people over the course of a day.

But if you don't feel like even being that sociable about it, so many people are pugging the first raid tier that it all works out. Five of us from our guild were pugging GA to get a "Head start look" at the content before we stepped in as a guild.

I feel like my expectations for this game are about where they need to be.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 15, 2016

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I'm just teasin. I'm glad you're having fun with a weird trash game.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I'm logged into blade and soul right now so I'm probably playing a different trash game. (All MMO's are trash games, some just more than others)

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

John Dyne posted:

I forgot Widstar has an RP community. Where the gently caress do they even meet? What do they RP about? I mean what the hell, I gotta know more about these guys. They sound amusing.

There was that rabbit furry who used to mod the wildstar subreddit. She was about as crazy as you'd expect a rabbit furry who mods a wildstar subreddit to be

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Berious posted:

There was that rabbit furry who used to mod the wildstar subreddit. She was about as crazy as you'd expect a rabbit furry who mods a wildstar subreddit to be

Franbunny actually isn't a furry, she's just crazy. The bunny is because she's obsessed with viera from FF12.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Anoia posted:

Franbunny actually isn't a furry, he's just crazy. The bunny is because he's obsessed with viera from FF12.

Fixed that for you.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ModeSix posted:

Fixed that for you.

No, Im pretty sure franbunny is an actual girl with horrible horrible teeth. Or maybe i'm confusing people

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I'll respect people's pronouns even if they're batshit. :colbert:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Franbunny is in Blade and Soul now. I should have pre-registered her name to watch her lose her mind again.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

Franbunny is a woman, yes

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Chairman posted:

Franbunny is a woman, yes

tranny?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

The latest earnings forecast for NCsoft is out, and it's looking like the thread title is correct

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 19, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holy poo poo, not even a dead cat bounce.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

They aren't very optimistic in that forcast. gently caress wildstar though so it adds up.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

we just want to laugh at her for having hideously rotten teeth and having her name legally changed to franbunnyffxii

why do you have to be lovely about this

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

randombattle posted:

They aren't very optimistic in that forcast. gently caress wildstar though so it adds up.

400k has saved wildstar!!

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
There are still people on the Wildstar subreddit screaming "THOSE ARE JUST ESTIMATES". Its pretty incredible to see that this far into this disaster.

Oh, and Franbunny didnt have her name legally changed. She just has mail shipped to her home using that name.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

CoffeeBooze posted:

There are still people on the Wildstar subreddit screaming "THOSE ARE JUST ESTIMATES". Its pretty incredible to see that this far into this disaster.

This is the end for a whole genre to me. In my opinion WildStar is by far the best themepark mmo released after WoW. It has the best and most challenging pve content in decades. It has one of the best combat systems which is action/skill based and there is a ton of highly polished content. Its in my opinion the best F2P game on the market and should never ever face all these population / revenue problems. Instead it should have a healthy 6-7 digit playerbase. After WoW transforming into everything i hate about today's themeparks (starting with WotlK), wildstar is basically exactly what i always hoped and dreamed for wow to come back to. So in that sense, wildstar is some sort of WoW 2.0 and the best thing in years to me, and to a lot of other guys (especially older players that loved vanilla/tbc in wow and are now raiding in wildstar)
If Wildstar fails (again) and finally gets shotdown, it will mark the end of themepark mmo's for me. The shift in player mentality towards dumbed down, short session content full of conveniences is not the type of game i fell in love with so many years ago. So all good things have to end sometime and for me its the moment when wildstar shuts down its servers. There is no point in jumping on the next hype train for another theme park (especially a pve focused one), since the genre and its current playerbase has proven that there is little to no demand for the type of game i want and love.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I'm just still mad Wildstar almost certainly killed Project HON and definitely got Blade and Soul delayed 3 years.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

noELrunes posted:

This is the end for a whole genre to me.

I'm not sure this kind of hyperbole is really warranted. I agree with a fair but if what you are saying, but I think you are failing to acknowledge how Carbines totally inability to manage the game is responsible for so much of Wildtars failure. For fucks sake, they botched launching the same game twice.

Also how is B&S shaping up?

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

noELrunes posted:

This is the end for a whole genre to me. In my opinion WildStar is by far the best themepark mmo released after WoW. It has the best and most challenging pve content in decades. It has one of the best combat systems which is action/skill based and there is a ton of highly polished content. Its in my opinion the best F2P game on the market and should never ever face all these population / revenue problems. Instead it should have a healthy 6-7 digit playerbase. After WoW transforming into everything i hate about today's themeparks (starting with WotlK), wildstar is basically exactly what i always hoped and dreamed for wow to come back to. So in that sense, wildstar is some sort of WoW 2.0 and the best thing in years to me, and to a lot of other guys (especially older players that loved vanilla/tbc in wow and are now raiding in wildstar)
If Wildstar fails (again) and finally gets shotdown, it will mark the end of themepark mmo's for me. The shift in player mentality towards dumbed down, short session content full of conveniences is not the type of game i fell in love with so many years ago. So all good things have to end sometime and for me its the moment when wildstar shuts down its servers. There is no point in jumping on the next hype train for another theme park (especially a pve focused one), since the genre and its current playerbase has proven that there is little to no demand for the type of game i want and love.

you should really reconsider how you think about "video games played for fun" because the things that you love about these long session, overly addictive games are rightfully considered more and more to be mental illness and not some kind of hobby or diversion

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

I'm not sure this kind of hyperbole is really warranted. I agree with a fair but if what you are saying, but I think you are failing to acknowledge how Carbines totally inability to manage the game is responsible for so much of Wildtars failure. For fucks sake, they botched launching the same game twice.

I think B&S is a ton of fun with an actually engaging actiony combat system that makes you play the game. Could get old and stale but it's free and I think decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

CoffeeBooze posted:

Thunderbro posted:

you should really reconsider how you think about "video games played for fun" because the things that you love about these long session, overly addictive games are rightfully considered more and more to be mental illness and not some kind of hobby or diversion

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/41rbk8/largest_korean_investment_bank_predicts_grim/cz4oksm

I should've posted my source :smith:

• Locked thread