Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Oh my God I'm a disgusting whale and bought the Heroines pack.
I'm 649-241-823

Basically I just need Old Daka and I basically have the Nighsisters team, right? I really like what Asajj can do in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I wish I'd decided to be a disgusting whale before all of the bundles were gone.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Do not in anyway feel like you want to get to 60. You know all that sweet energy you get every time you level? Gone. I miss it.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Should I bother getting Jedi Counsular to 7* or work on unlocking new characters like Luke or Kylo from the Cantina?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Hughlander posted:

Here's the key to tank only. Each hit on the droids resets the shatter timer

Not quite true. I tried having Chewie focus Mace and my Imperial Guard smack the droids. They never got a turn, and I still got shattered.

But I can beat it on the higher difficulty with Chewie+Guard only, it just takes some luck.

If Guard gets beat up too much in the first two waves, it doesn't work. I also actually got him a few gear levels and to 2*.

The Shatter debuff can be overwritten by ANY buff. Chewie's self-heal includes a buff. Guard can also buff the whole team.

Procedure:

1) Get lucky in the first two waves.
2) Once you get to Mace, focus damage on him.
3) If Chewie gets the Debuff, Use Guard Buff.
4) If Guard gets the debuff, Have Chewie Taunt.
5) If Chewie gets the debuff AGAIN, use his Regen.
6) Pray.

After gearing up my guard I can beat it 85% of the time. Level 52.

oops wrong forum posted:

What team/lvl did you use when you beat him? I mean it was face-smashing like I really wasn't expecting

Level 51. Blue Gear.

Derp.

Phasma, Sid, Talia, OLD DAKA STUNLOCK, IG-86.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 11, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I kill mace 100% of the time on diff 2 before he gets shatter off.

Have 5 tanks at lvl 40 with rank 4 gear.

Comedy option is killing mace with your own mace.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I kill mace 100% of the time on diff 2 before he gets shatter off.

Have 5 tanks at lvl 40 with rank 4 gear.

Comedy option is killing mace with your own mace.

... Thaaaaanks.

I was offering advice to folks like me who have 2 tanks, total.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mile'ionaha posted:

... Thaaaaanks.

I was offering advice to folks like me who have 2 tanks, total.

No Poe? Sucks.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

No Poe? Sucks.

Android. I got Phasma.

No regrets whatsoever!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Garbo Goofus Plo Koon is actually great for that challenge because he can aoe defense buff the team, saving anyone from the debuff.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Chilichimp posted:

I wish I'd decided to be a disgusting whale before all of the bundles were gone.

This is one of those things I just do not get at all from a monetary perspective, WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TIMERS ON MORE WAYS FOR ME TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY. I've never seen high-dollar options like that be taken away in a game, and not replaced with anything.

Mile'ionaha posted:

Level 51. Blue Gear.

Derp.

Phasma, Sid, Talia, OLD DAKA STUNLOCK, IG-86.

Very similar to what I ran but I couldn't stun-lock Luke for poo poo, as his Meter would refill after one or two hits. I've died badly twice but I will keep trying! The Dooku suggestion last page makes a lot of sense but alas I started playing after his sale was over

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 11, 2016

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I've been playing this game for a few days now having fun. Getting crap from bronzium packs(which is the point I suppose).

I show game to my friend, first thing he pulls from bronzium is 4 star old daka :argh:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

I've been playing this game for a few days now having fun. Getting crap from bronzium packs(which is the point I suppose).

I show game to my friend, first thing he pulls from bronzium is 4 star old daka :argh:

Pretty sure Bronziums are where I pulled my Barris. They're usually crap but the 1:100 time they aren't its pretty great.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Can't stop playing it myself. Got a High level 6 star HK-47
Friend Code: 514-464-671

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Might as well ask, is there any way to get characters other than being extremely lucky with bronzium packs or just buying them with cash early on? I see a lot of teams have like, Captain Phasma in the pvp rank and stuff early on but I don't see how to get people without farming with sim tickets forever until I get much deeper into the campaign thing.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Evil Canadian: Once you can reliably do the first 4 matches in Galactic War you'll be able to earn 5 shards a day for Luminara, Poggle or Captain Phasma. A little later and you can earn 10 shards a day. Couple that with some hard shard grinding and the Cantina battles and you should be able to earn enough for a decent A team to start earning you chunks of arena battle tokens (for Sid/Asajj/IG88/Greedo or what not).

Might take you a week or twoor six though.

Make sure to start grinding the good characters that aren't in Arena or GW shipments though. I think you can get to a Rey hard mission pretty early, one for Ahsoka and two for Dooku.
Geonosian soldier and Luke can both be grinded through Cantina, but you might want to use those points for Talia early as your only dark side healer for a long stretch (or Chewie, but he gets kinda useless around ~lvl 50 for Arena).
Resistance Soldier can be grinded through 3-A Hard light/dark side missions. Goes will with Poe, if you already have him (iOS).

Malgrin posted:

Heh, last night was the first night where I didn't level, I'm at 54. Guess I'll make up for that tonight.

To be honest though, I'm looking forward to 60, when I can stop using training droids on my main team and start to catch up on the others so I can progress more with missions.

On the other hand, I'm spending all my energy between gear and hard shards, so, not sure I'd do much progressing anyways.

Yup, feel the slowdown.

They are raising the lvl cap to 70 this month :ssh:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 11, 2016

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Might as well ask, is there any way to get characters other than being extremely lucky with bronzium packs or just buying them with cash early on? I see a lot of teams have like, Captain Phasma in the pvp rank and stuff early on but I don't see how to get people without farming with sim tickets forever until I get much deeper into the campaign thing.

Phasma and Poe were given out to android and IOS users respectively last month. If you're an android player, you can also log in the game via a Samsung device or Bluestacks to get a free robot. Other than that it's either grinding through quests, arena or galactic war.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Heh, just pulled my first purple item from a Bronzium pack. Sweet tits.

That being said I just did 6 Rey HM, no drops. 6 FOTP HM, no drops. 6 Dooku HM, no drops.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 11, 2016

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kegslayer posted:

Phasma and Poe were given out to android and IOS users respectively last month. If you're an android player, you can also log in the game via a Samsung device or Bluestacks to get a free robot. Other than that it's either grinding through quests, arena or galactic war.

Yeah I got the robot, its the only reason I can even field a full team of Dark side people right now.

I do feel like even if its just scrub characters I shouldn't have to rely on a platform handout to field a full team but eh, at least I got it.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Zotix posted:

Heh, just pulled my first purple item from a Bronzium pack. Sweet tits.

That being said I just did 6 Rey HM, no drops. 6 FOTP HM, no drops. 6 Dooku HM, no drops.

Would vastly prefer Future Fights shard system, guaranteed 3 shards per Day/mission, although energy cost can vary

How about this for todays :argh: GW: lvl56, enemy team is led by purple lvl 60 Phasma, a 59 Luminara, a 57 FOTP, a 56 Dooku and a purple 55 Talia.
Actually not that bad, seems like Phasma doesn’t scale super well.
No, the real bastard GW team is led by 55 Sid, 55 Poe, purple 55 Boba, purple five star 55 Kylo and 5 star 55 Lumi :ohdear:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jan 11, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Coffeehitler posted:

Pretty sure Bronziums are where I pulled my Barris. They're usually crap but the 1:100 time they aren't its pretty great.

Except when you pull ugrurhrurhrurhhrurhrhrurhrhrhrur. Cause I just did that, today. First named character I've pulled from bronziums too...

Is he even worth leveling? He...looks really bad. On the plus side he's 4 star...

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah I got the robot, its the only reason I can even field a full team of Dark side people right now.

I do feel like even if its just scrub characters I shouldn't have to rely on a platform handout to field a full team but eh, at least I got it.

It's because this game is really badly designed and unbalanced. If Star Wars wasn't attached to it I don't think they'd even show up on the top 100 gross revenue lists on the app store.

Malgrin posted:

Except when you pull ugrurhrurhrurhhrurhrhrurhrhrhrur. Cause I just did that, today. First named character I've pulled from bronziums too...

Is he even worth leveling? He...looks really bad. On the plus side he's 4 star...

I think he sits somewhere just above the very, very bottom, he's one of the worst characters in the game but his basic attack is a stun.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Scooby-URRRoooRrrrOo is handy in the AGI challenge and is a little tanky but his special is a serious liability if you arent rocking a full sandpeople team.

You'd think it would be pretty easy to set up character power budgets for something this simple but it's almost Gaz levels of bad. But Lets see what they do with the next few patches.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Coffeehitler posted:

LOL, pretty sure the only champ I've pulled from Bronzium is Teebo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Evil Canadian posted:

Use Arena to grind Sidious, use Galactic War to grind Luminara/Phasma, use Cantina battles to grind Old Daka/Poe.

Poe loving owns, you guys. Get him. GET HIM.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Use Arena to grind Sidious, use Galactic War to grind Luminara/Phasma, use Cantina battles to grind Old Daka/Poe.

My Poe is on his way to being 7 star. Poe is honestly one of the few characters I hate facing. Everyone else, including guys like Tie Pilot and Leia, just get blown up. Good luck killing a leveled up Poe's team if you are anything but AOE. Since I got my Poe to 6 stars and inserted IG88 instead my lineup, I rarely drop out of the top 10. People just don't want to attack me because if my Poe goes first, it's AOE city that's hard to stop.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Two more days...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Wow, got 25 Dooku shards on a Bronzium pull first thing this morning. I only needed 10 more to get him to 4-star, so this was a welcome surprise. Now to grind out the purples I need to fill his last equipment slot.. Ugh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

My Poe is on his way to being 7 star. Poe is honestly one of the few characters I hate facing. Everyone else, including guys like Tie Pilot and Leia, just get blown up. Good luck killing a leveled up Poe's team if you are anything but AOE. Since I got my Poe to 6 stars and inserted IG88 instead my lineup, I rarely drop out of the top 10. People just don't want to attack me because if my Poe goes first, it's AOE city that's hard to stop.

I loving murder folks with Poe's taunt + Luminara's/Luke's special. It's pretty much first turn murder-town on whoever winds up eating the debuff. I barely ever have to reset or retreat in GW anymore. He's the center-piece of my team.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

LOL, pretty sure the only champ I've pulled from Bronzium is Teebo.

So far I've pulled Old Daka, that useless Tusken with many Rs and 2x Jedi consular (in the same day, even) which gave me 34 shards total. Overall, not bad, I am especially happy I didn't have to buy Old Daka (as I can't see Dark Side camgaign missions being doable currently without her)

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm really looking forward to Poe + Resistance Trooper. Just unlocked Lumi and Luke too, so I might do Poe + RT + Lumi + Luke + Somebody?

e: Barriss, probably?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

So far I've pulled Old Daka, that useless Tusken with many Rs and 2x Jedi consular (in the same day, even) which gave me 34 shards total. Overall, not bad, I am especially happy I didn't have to buy Old Daka (as I can't see Dark Side camgaign missions being doable currently without her)

I 3-starred up through Dark Side 5-C without Daka, but yeah, IT'S GETTIN' HAAAAAAAAAAAARD....

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

overdesigned posted:

I'm really looking forward to Poe + Resistance Trooper. Just unlocked Lumi and Luke too, so I might do Poe + RT + Lumi + Luke + Somebody?

e: Barriss, probably?

Poe as leader? JC would be a good 2nd heal, Barris to counter Sid isn't bad if you've got her. JC at least has his special to assist with first-turn nukes.

I Rock Phasma lead with Poe, Luke, Lumi, JC. It's all-around stout and has great damage potential.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Poe as leader? JC would be a good 2nd heal, Barris to counter Sid isn't bad if you've got her. JC at least has his special to assist with first-turn nukes.

I Rock Phasma lead with Poe, Luke, Lumi, JC. It's all-around stout and has great damage potential.

Luke's leadership skill isn't too bad. Debuffs are powerful.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I've got Phasma, I'll probably copy that and see how it works out for me.

Now that I've got almost everybody I want, I guess it's time to start the grind for stars...

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

loving hell. I was working on Kylo to replace IG-86 in my Dark team now I gotta work on Poe? Aaaarg.

Also, I ain't ever pulled poo poo from Bronzium aside from 10 Snowtrooper shards.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

loving hell. I was working on Kylo to replace IG-86 in my Dark team now I gotta work on Poe? Aaaarg.

Also, I ain't ever pulled poo poo from Bronzium aside from 10 Snowtrooper shards.

Poe and Kylo are farmed from different locations. Can still do both.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

commish posted:

Poe and Kylo are farmed from different locations. Can still do both.

Oh, I see. Grind the Kylo mission and spend the currency on Poe shards.

Which means I'd have to stop grinding up Daka. Either way I'm kinda boned.

Maybe I'll get Daka one more star (just got her Purple gear) then get Poe to the top.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Kylo is bloody beastly, dude seems to do 1-2k more in both single target and AoE than almost anyone else plus all his other poo poo but he's gonna take forever to grind from the Cantina (also it's 4C, so it's gonna be awhile to get there).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mile'ionaha posted:

Oh, I see. Grind the Kylo mission and spend the currency on Poe shards.

Which means I'd have to stop grinding up Daka. Either way I'm kinda boned.

Maybe I'll get Daka one more star (just got her Purple gear) then get Poe to the top.

I -just- got Daka, I'm going to start grinding Poe shards now, because goddamn.

• Locked thread