Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

oh, its not tales of symphonia

lol sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

pandaK posted:

Hi im something awful poster pandaK. i first started reading adtrw when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "idols" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "ganbarimas" and "nico nico nii~" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "idol" style of adtrw humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" idols to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.
I hope that one day you get better and can continue enjoying anime in full once more.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I thought so too and I played Eternal Sonata which was too relaxing.

i think i like tactics games more in general but they are also way more stressful, especially if its a good one

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
minors drinking alcohol is illegal

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

i think i like tactics games more in general but they are also way more stressful, especially if its a good one

Finishing Final Fantasy Tactics is on my Bucket List...:sigh:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've been playing video games for 4 hours straight... HELP

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they made him old enough, in the america version

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Finishing Final Fantasy Tactics is on my Bucket List...:sigh:

id rather beat ogre tactics one day, but alas

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Best character Olivier has reappeared...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

cool male jrpg character:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Suggestion Box Letters:

I'm Mad at You

You owe me an apology. And I'm not gonna forgive you until you come in here and give it to me!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I really wish Netflix promoted their anime better. They have all sorts of normie-accessible stuff on there like Fate/zero, Eureka Seven, Madoka, FMA: Brotherhood, Nana, HxH 2011, etc. and yet the only thing they've put any effort into marketing was Knights of Sidonia (Seven Deadly Sins shows up in my queue, too, but I've never seen a banner for it or anything).

e: also, adding the Demifiend to the list of good male JRPG protags :colbert:
you're forgetting pretty cure glitter force

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i took a random mob fight not seriously enough and lost... oh no.......

have to do the floor over again

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I watched BBK and it's alright, I guess. The CG didn't bother me although everything does look off slightly in a way I'm not sure I can articulate, like movement seemed weighed down but also frictionless... What a disorientating first episode though! I kind of have no idea what's going at all, the segment in the sky was cool and hooked me and then I bounced off the second half completely!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dimension w is pretty cool

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

pc gaming quicksaves have ruined me, i must become stronger

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's not even heartcatch...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Jealous of that dog

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

list of good jrpg heroes:

lots

list of good MALE jrpg heroes:

yuri volte hyuga

that's the list

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

How is that? Is it just a translation or have they changed it much?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

boom boom boom posted:

How is that? Is it just a translation or have they changed it much?

there are lots of dumb changes but the dub itself is okay

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im hoping skies of arcadia gets a pc port like some other sega games so i can cheat engine the battle speed

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I can't believe all those people in the Madoka thread are going to get probated!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

I can't believe all those people in the Madoka thread are going to get probated!

What's happening now?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cake Attack posted:

im hoping skies of arcadia gets a pc port like some other sega games so i can cheat engine the battle speed

i'm hoping it gets a pc port because it freakin' owns

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What's happening now?

A deconstruction is, as far as I know, not specifically defined by any real authority. The commonly proposed definition is that a deconstruction takes a genre or type of story's tropes to their logical or realistic conclusions.

I think that many people consider the original TV series of Evangelion to be a deconstruction of the Super Robot genre (though it kinda straddles the line between Super and Real Robot). Gurren Lagann is often considered a "reconstruction," taking the old tropes and playing them straight in every possible way.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What's happening now?

I was kidding but there are a lot of people using the forbidden word !!! deconstruction

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

I was kidding but there are a lot of people using the forbidden word !!! deconstruction

I can't believe littleorv has so many parachute accounts.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

A deconstruction is, as far as I know, not specifically defined by any real authority. The commonly proposed definition is that a deconstruction takes a genre or type of story's tropes to their logical or realistic conclusions.

I think that many people consider the original TV series of Evangelion to be a deconstruction of the Super Robot genre (though it kinda straddles the line between Super and Real Robot). Gurren Lagann is often considered a "reconstruction," taking the old tropes and playing them straight in every possible way.

This post looks like it came from TV Tropes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to assume that's a quote because The Colonel I know doesn't write like that.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I will deconstruct their poor understandings of deconstruction.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Actually I won't because lol.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This season has been really good with first episodes so far. Or maybe it just feels that way cause I watched a bunch of anime in a single day?

Either way anime is good and this season is good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Symphogear GX is the only anime which can truly be said to be about deconstruction.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Whenever I see someone call a anime a deconstruction I just read it as "I'm ashamed to admit I like this magical girl/giant robot anime, so I'm gonna pretend it's something really fancy so it's ok for me to like it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

boom boom boom posted:

Whenever I see someone call a anime a deconstruction I just read it as "I'm ashamed to admit I like this magical girl/giant robot anime, so I'm gonna pretend it's something really fancy so it's ok for me to like it"

• Locked thread