Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Inverness posted:

So they're actually staying in Gensokyo instead of returning to wherever they were before?

There is a hell in Gensokyo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

Mazed posted:

Cute, but insufficiently spinny.

Also, no Clownpiece.

Give me a spinny Luna high on coffee and I'll buy it.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
vote clownpiece and cirno

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

El Burbo posted:

Fairies! (in avatar form)

If I remember, I'll do Lily when it's Spring.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Wasn't the Cirno one animated by this artist. Could swear I saw it as an Avatar on the forums.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Inverness posted:

So they're actually staying in Gensokyo instead of returning to wherever they were before?

At the end of the extra stage of three characters Junko decides to stick around to bother Eirin and at the end of Marisa's extra stage Hecatia decides to hang at Marisa's place.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Wasn't the Cirno one animated by this artist. Could swear I saw it as an Avatar on the forums.

i couldnt find anything. Maybe you're thinking of her Soku sprite, which has a similar pose

Also I had this avatar for like a day before someone changed it to something worse

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

No, I also remember the avatar WarpedNaba's talking about. I see it around the Games forum every so often but hell if I remember who it belongs to.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hmm

Well, if it was by that artist, then I'll never know because he deleted his pixiv and the rest of his internet presence a couple of years ago

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Pretty sure someone had this one:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
FS 35 draft. In which Aya is cool and Reisen deals drugs. Also maybe Yukari? You never know.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Rectus posted:

Pretty sure someone had this one:

That's the one!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

a cartoon duck posted:

At the end of the extra stage of three characters Junko decides to stick around to bother Eirin and at the end of Marisa's extra stage Hecatia decides to hang at Marisa's place.

On one hand I like the thematic appropriateness of Hecate hanging out with a witch.

On the other hand ooohhhhh poo poo she movin in on Alice's piece oh no she DI-IN'T :nyd:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

I am glad Marisa is making new youkai friends rather than them all hanging at Reimu's place. Although, from what I remember of Sanae's extra stage Hecatia decides to hang out with the Moriya's after she gets beaten up. But I suppose she has enough bodies to hang with both of them.

Clarste posted:

FS 35 draft. In which Aya is cool and Reisen deals drugs. Also maybe Yukari? You never know.

I hope it is Yukari because it seems like Mamizou may want to look into it. And those two interacting feels like it would be really interesting.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 11, 2016

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

What is Eirin even making, the guy looks worse off than last chapter.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

What is Eirin even making, the guy looks worse off than last chapter.

Meth.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Looks like we're only short a Moriya shrine conspiracy at this point.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I really love everyone's outfits. Gensokyo is a very trendy place.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

The GIG posted:

I really love everyone's outfits. Gensokyo is a very trendy place.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
At the risk of outing myself as illiterate in non-kanji moonrunes, can someone post instructions on how to vote for clownpiece on this poll

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Zoness posted:

At the risk of outing myself as illiterate in non-kanji moonrunes, can someone post instructions on how to vote for clownpiece on this poll

This:

BlitzBlast posted:

You click the big red button. Then you click the first link that says ID, put your e-mail in the first box and fill in the capcha. Confirm, and you'll get a voter ID sent to your e-mail.

There are four main polls: characters - music - game/works - questionnaire. Everything is arranged by game/stage, with Windows games at the top, PC-98 in the middle, and side stuff at the bottom. You get seven/ten/five picks, and the first one is weighted and gives two points.

Clownpiece is クラウンピース, and it gets google translated as "Crown Peace"

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

El Burbo posted:

This:

Clownpiece is クラウンピース, and it gets google translated as "Crown Peace"

My mistake was thinking the second box was e-mail confirm :blush:

+1 vote for crown peace

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
There, I voted for the best Touhou characters

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Good luck Reimu!

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Elliotw2 posted:

I don't think Sagume is a bird.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

Marisa now has a roommate (or frequent guest) that is a goddess from Hell?

Marisa is probably going to start the next incident, isn't she.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Why do people routinely interpret "hanging out with" as "living with indefinitely" in this series? I see that all the time. The ending says some boss will visit the shrine at some point, when they feel like it, and suddenly that character is spending all their time at the shrine. It's a bad habit and you should be ashamed.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Every single character actually lives in the hakurei shrine.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also, Sagume is kind of a bird, maybe? She's identified with a white heron in her spellcards, and ZUN says that the pun between the words for heron and swindler (sagi) was the inspiration for her character.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Clarste posted:

Why do people routinely interpret "hanging out with" as "living with indefinitely" in this series? I see that all the time. The ending says some boss will visit the shrine at some point, when they feel like it, and suddenly that character is spending all their time at the shrine. It's a bad habit and you should be ashamed.
Because little if anything is known about their daily habits, so speculation becomes rampant. Also, youkai can afford to hang out for indefinite periods of time.

Inverness fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 12, 2016

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Elliotw2 posted:

Well done

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Elliotw2 posted:

I don't recognize that character on the upper left from any of the games. Is she from the manga or the anime?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

You mean Tokiko? She was in one of the Mangas - Curiousity of Lotus Asia

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Tokiko

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I can't believe you don't recognize Unnamed Book-Reading Youkai.

For shame.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

celeron 300a posted:

I don't recognize that character on the upper left from any of the games. Is she from the manga or the anime?

She's a minor youkai from one of the Rinnosuke short stories. Reimu and/or Marisa find her sitting by the road reading a physics textbook, so they beat her up, take her book, and try to sell it to Rinnosuke, IIRC.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She also had a cameo in FS

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Tokiko was a fan name for a minor character, like Koakuma and Daiyousei, since she appeared early enough that people were still trying to turn everyone they could into a character. Unlike now, where Meth Addict-dono will probably remain unnamed and forgotten.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 12, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Tokiko's cool cause she's the illegitimate daughter of Keine and Rinnonsuke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What would her genetic makeup even be? Too many halves