Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'm glad for those re-released PS2 games, but I wish they added savestates and stopped using different region versions/patched the earlier one to one format, because that's just disgraceful. Buying the NTSC version is at least an option, but it shouldn't be a problem in the first place - although I suppose there are some licensing issues at work here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i remember arc the lad battles taking forever to sit through all the animations. was a good game though. legend of heroes reminds me of it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The PS4 Godzilla game is more of a Godzilla sim than anything else. It recreates being a guy awkwardly stumbling around in a bulky rubber suit quite well and it feels much more Godzilla-y than the other games but if you aren't a die hard fan that will not be a good thing.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I'm still waiting for Nocturne or Persona 3 and 4 to hit PS4 but I'm not too sure how probable this is.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
How is ESF 4.1 compared to 2017 on the 360? Is still as satisfying to blow a giant spider away with a shotgun?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Sylphosaurus posted:

I'm still waiting for Nocturne or Persona 3 and 4 to hit PS4 but I'm not too sure how probable this is.

Isn't there some rumor about P4G being ported to the PS4 or something.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nickoten posted:

How is ESF 4.1 compared to 2017 on the 360? Is still as satisfying to blow a giant spider away with a shotgun?

there are 4 character classes to choose and the frame rate never becomes a slide show so its a much better experience but you never get the michael bay slow motion explosions that the older games would create when the console got overwhelmed

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Nickoten posted:

2017 is the third game, 4.1 is the fourth, plus more. You can blow away crowds of spiders with orbital laser cannons if you want.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sylphosaurus posted:

p3fes was about the most requested title on twitter so I'd say there's a good chance. plus it's not like p4g where there's a current-gen version of it they're still making money on

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

epitasis posted:

p3fes was about the most requested title on twitter so I'd say there's a good chance. plus it's not like p4g where there's a current-gen version of it they're still making money on

That would probably be nice, but that would be the first example of a game that a further release making some improvements (fast travel, direct control, Female MC), so just ignoring that would be a shame. But then the changes would essentially make it P3P, hmm.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

removing story content and the ability to run around in order to add a non-canon pc is not an improvement!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

epitasis posted:

removing story content and the ability to run around in order to add a non-canon pc is not an improvement!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it is, because The Answer is bad and FeMC is the best.

I still want a P3 Golden that's FES with party control, FeMC, and a better The Answer, though.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I beat P3P because I could not get over not having control of my party members in P3 FES, but man does P3P suck balls when it comes to presentation.

Why yes, I'd love for there to be characters describing the dramatic moments of what is happening in this scene so much more than actually seeing even crappy animated characters acting it out.

I think the only way I would go back and play Persona 3 now would be if I had a version where it was P3 FES, but with FemMC and the ability to control my party members.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
When do we get Dark Cloud 2, because that game is my G.O.A.T. and the fact it's rated but not released yet is killing me.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Why is the FemMC better? I haven't played Portable but this is reminding me of those annoying Mass Effect fans who won't shut up about how much better FemShep is.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

croutonZA posted:

Why is the FemMC better? I haven't played Portable but this is reminding me of those annoying Mass Effect fans who won't shut up about how much better FemShep is.

FemMC gets different and better social links.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

croutonZA posted:

Why is the FemMC better?

She has social links with all the SEES members, she has better social links in general, and she's not a whiny little poo poo.

croutonZA posted:

this is reminding me of those annoying Mass Effect fans who won't shut up about how much better FemShep is.

:rolleyes:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

she's not a whiny little poo poo.

doesn't P3 have a silent protag?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Attitude Indicator posted:

doesn't P3 have a silent protag?

There's no voice acting for MC (other than shouting in-battle), but you do choose responses to questions and dialogue choices.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i haven't played the portable persona but i can tell you that the answer content from FES sucks rear end

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
FemShep is better :colbert:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

axleblaze posted:

FemShep is better :colbert:
No, she isn't :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yo Arc the Lad PS2 is the next PS4/PS2 Classic. Comes out Tuesday.

Which one?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lemon Curdistan posted:

She has social links with all the SEES members, she has better social links in general, and she's not a whiny little poo poo.

That has the same issues that P4. Since those links aren't tied with the plot, you can have the team act reasonably on their links but as idiots in the main plot.

Honestly I foudnd the MaleMC route better.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Which one?

I think they said it would be twilight back in december

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That has the same issues that P4. Since those links aren't tied with the plot, you can have the team act reasonably on their links but as idiots in the main plot.

... except the Male route also has S-Links with party members, just not all party members, so it has the same problem except it's more poorly written?

The points where the characters change in the plot is there in both the male and female routes and the fact they have S. Links that don't change the plot is as well. In fact the female protagonist route has more differences in that it actually does allow an S.Link to minorly change the plot while the male route doesn't.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calling the P3 protag whiny is weird, he's a completely silent enabler who obviously doesn't want anyone talking to him, but everyone ignores that he has headphones on

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Davincie posted:

i haven't played the portable persona but i can tell you that the answer content from FES sucks rear end

The Answer is loving awful and I'm glad it's dead.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

why do persona fans care so much about "canon", the games are standalone aside from dumb spinoffs.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

When P3FES gets a PS4 release there will be trophies for The Answer and it will be great.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

agreed

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I never played The Answer because by the time I got that far I was kind of worn out on P3. What's wrong with it?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

axleblaze posted:

I never played The Answer because by the time I got that far I was kind of worn out on P3. What's wrong with it?

It's a complete slog of a dungeon with little to no payout as far as the story is concerned. It introduces Metis, and she's cool enough, but aside from that it plays kind of like bad fanfiction to the main P3 story.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

axleblaze posted:

It's really not nearly as bad as its made out to be.

There aren't social links, its on default hard mode could be biggest gripes. It's more about grinding then the main game was. Like you will not make one trip through and have enough resources to just beat the boss of the section at hand.

it actually gives the ending some slight closure, features pretty good music, fusions aren't tied to social links, some fun fights too.

I have no idea what people were expecting? Maybe they wanted it to undo the ending of p3?

I don't know but i found it to also be the only interesting thing to happen to aigis the entire game. Also yukari comes off as bitchy but it feels real because they're all 17 year olds who lost someone who made a big difference in their life.

Portable also isn't bad because the social links with party members are fun and campy, the streamlined movement is excellent for those of us who've been through p3 even once per release (which at this point is ps2. ps2, ps3, psp) It was nice to have it streamlined.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Answer is a dumb meaningless add-on and actively is both unfun to play and adds a tedious meaningless 'closure' to the ending that undermines the message of the game and also doesn't satisfy the people who wanted a slapdash deus ex machina thrown in to undo the ending entirely. It's the worst of all worlds and the game is better off for not having it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Answer was okay, but it really could have used A Question that it was meant to answer.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The Answer was okay, but it really could have used A Question that it was meant to answer.

You'd have to build a bigger super computer for that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

You'd have to build a bigger super computer for that.

Maybe I can just take a normal computer to the shop and have a guy fuse it with a tarot card for me.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Stare-Out posted:

Uh so my PS+ stopped being PS+ apparently and hasn't been doing what it's supposed to for two weeks since I renewed it. All the auto-upload/download/trophy sync stuff is switched on (and all games are set to upload saves) but none of that stuff happens. The PS3 still turns on when it's supposed to do its thing but it just doesn't do it. I get no notifications for that stuff when I turn it on, either, which is what got me suspicious.

There's still a bunch of space for saves and I just tried manually uploading them and all new saves I've made (aside from one, bizarrely) are greyed out when I try to copy them to the cloud. What's this all about?

E: Copying the saves manually one by one apparently works but for each one I get some warning about how I won't be able to download them too many times in 24 hours or something. But still, why no auto update? :(
My PS3 has been doing that too, it stopped uploading my saves around Christmas for no apparent reason (my Vita is still doing it just fine though :shrug:).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ImpAtom posted:

The Answer is a dumb meaningless add-on and actively is both unfun to play and adds a tedious meaningless 'closure' to the ending that undermines the message of the game and also doesn't satisfy the people who wanted a slapdash deus ex machina thrown in to undo the ending entirely. It's the worst of all worlds and the game is better off for not having it.

It gave a justification for more Elizabeth in the other games, so I can't hate it too much.

• Locked thread