Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

reformed bad troll posted:

I never bothered to watch the video and thought everyone was being serious.

Just watched it there and glad to see the sarcasm is still strong in PSP

He moves the same way my girlfriend does when ever I've tricked her into throwing punches at me, I am being serious in that from that video alone, I'm confident I could take him in a boxing match, and I'm easily the worst person in any mma gym I've trained at. Maybe it's a really bad video and he's not that bad? I'm struggling to figure out how he could be to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I am loving that silky smooth footwork.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

He moves the same way my girlfriend does when ever I've tricked her into throwing punches at me, I am being serious in that from that video alone, I'm confident I could take him in a boxing match, and I'm easily the worst person in any mma gym I've trained at. Maybe it's a really bad video and he's not that bad? I'm struggling to figure out how he could be to be fair.

This and I weigh 152 lb soaking wet

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Truly evasive in his tax filings is Royce Gracie, Joe

IRS posted:

I have determined that during the years 2007 - 2011 over $3M was wired from foreign banks accounts into U.S. bank accounts on behalf of the [Gracies]. These funds were used to pay for, among other things, renovations to their vacation property in Mammoth lakes, California, and personal credit card debts.

In 2008, approximately $350,000 was wired from offshore accounts towards the purchase of the [Gracies'] residence in Palos Verdes, California. In 2010, the [Gracies] purchased real estate in California. $497,972 was wired from an offshore account to make that purchase.

For the years 2008 - 2011, the [Gracies] have filed federal individual tax returns showing minimal taxable income. They claimed a $4000 child tax credit in each of the years under investigation. They claimed an earned income credit in 2009 and 2010.

quote:

The Earned Income Credit is essentially a subsidy to low-income, working families, providing a tax credit to the working poor which phases out as a family's income rises. It stands to reason that the IRS would be suspicious as to how Royce Gracie, a UFC Hall of Famer who claims to oversee more than 55 U.S. and international Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Networks, and his wife, a doctor of podiatric medicine, would fall into the category of the working poor.

quote:

According to the Income Tax Examination Changes form, the Gracies claimed taxable income of roughly $38,000 in 2007 and net losses ranging from roughly $66,000 to $204,000 in the years thereafter (Line 3). As a result, the Gracies appear to have reported annual tax liabilities of just $900, $2,545, $170, $0, $0, and $3,925 in 2007-2012, respectively (Line 12). Simply put, the most income tax the Gracies allegedly owed the U.S. government in any year at issue was a little over $3,900, and twice they owed nothing.

If the IRS adjustments are found to be correct, the Gracies' annual tax liability for 2007-2012 will rocket up to $41,577, $91,177, $5,823, $239,756, $138,732, and $123,110 (Line 11), any earned income and additional child tax credits the Gracies may have claimed will be reversed, and a 75% penalty for fraud will potentially be added (Line 17). The grand total of IRS adjustments and penalties is $1,149,949.25.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think there will quickly be another wire from an international account for almost the full amount as a settlement in the near future.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:staredog:

I don't know American tax law that well, but that to me sounds like jail-time tax fraud, not just "back taxes" poo poo

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Looks like Royce is using Edmond Tarverdyan as his striking coach and accountant.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Captain Log posted:

Good to know I could literally murder that old man.

How is that something someone would see and think, "yeah, this should be made public"

It could be worse.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IOXHy4oni9k

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I hope he gets James Toney'd by the taxman for the Shamrock fight so that it is utterly pointless in every way instead of just almost every way

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

lol what a poo poo head

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Royce negotiating special rules again

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

hahaha

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Lmao

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

manyak posted:

lol what a poo poo head

To be fair, it's fairly well known that almost all the Graces are gigantic poo poo heads.

I was reading an article about 2 years ago about the survival mentality of main land China and why even the middle class mainland Chinese now can't cope with other cultures as they develop the ability to go abroad, Brazilian favelas strike me as cultivating a similar attitude to others. The article was trying so so hard not to come across as racist and I realise me parroting it now makes me seem it but gently caress it, after Cologne it's time for us liberals to at least admit some cultures are different.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

To be fair, it's fairly well known that almost all the Graces are gigantic poo poo heads.

I was reading an article about 2 years ago about the survival mentality of main land China and why even the middle class mainland Chinese now can't cope with other cultures as they develop the ability to go abroad, Brazilian favelas strike me as cultivating a similar attitude to others. The article was trying so so hard not to come across as racist and I realise me parroting it now makes me seem it but gently caress it, after Cologne it's time for us liberals to at least admit some cultures are different.

But the Gracie's aren't favela folks. Aren't they like multiple-generations wealthy? Didn't Carlos or one of them have a mansion full of wives and açai?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the favelas of Torrance, California are rough, mean places

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

But the Gracie's aren't favela folks. Aren't they like multiple-generations wealthy? Didn't Carlos or one of them have a mansion full of wives and açai?

Yeah the Gracies have had money for a while. Part of the rivalry between jiu jitsu and luta livre was that bjj was seen a rich man's sport. The Gracies having contracts to teach police bjj who treat poor people like poo poo, the inherent racism involved in the class disparity, where's your jiu jitsu now playboy, etc.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 11, 2016

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Great posting William.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
royce hasn't paid his taxes?? [does the frank mir headphone nod but more sinisterly] THe current political climate in germany necessitates that we face The Gracie Problem with sober senses...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

royce hasn't paid his taxes?? [does the frank mir headphone nod but more sinisterly] THe current political climate in germany necessitates that we face The Gracie Problem with sober senses...

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

In another life, one where I am a lot taller and only marginally less fat, I really do believe I am Frank Mir

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

david carmichael posted:

Great posting William.

I am glad it was taken in the nature it was intended, I found it hilarious to type but then I did get mildly concussed today so I am also aware I may be a bit off.

It does make me realise how loving stupid it is to interview people who have actually been hit hard in the Octagon as soon as they have won, never mind lost by KO.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

willie_dee posted:

I did get mildly concussed today so I am also aware I may be a bit off.

Don't let anybody lay a hand on those beautiful chompers, will

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

There it is. That's the good stuff.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Brett Okamoto posted:

According to Sakakibara, Emelianenko is not officially under Rizin contract, but negotiations for his next appearance are already underway. Emelianenko said he could fight again as soon as Rizin's next event on April 17, but both Sakakibara and senior vice president Jerry Millen said it will likely be later.

"We don't talk publicly about contract negotiations, but Fedor will continue to fight for Rizin," said Millen, who is a longtime adviser to Emelianenko. "He won't fight in April, but we have a couple cool things Fedor could be involved in. It could go one of two ways, but fans won't be disappointed."

Frankly, plenty of fans were disappointed in Emelianenko's comeback.

The selection of Singh, 28, as an opponent generated little buzz. Rizin didn't even officially announce the matchup until Dec. 17, and Singh was widely viewed as having no chance. Oddsmakers made him a 6-1 underdog.

Sakakibara defended Rizin's choice for Emelianenko's first opponent, saying it coincides with the federation's long-term goals.

"The whole concept with Rizin and Fedor's agreement is to give opportunities to a younger generation," said Sakakibara, through an interpreter. "Our goal is to create a new character, a new star, to face Fedor.

"If by the time Fedor fights again people are more buzzed about him fighting an older name like [former UFC champion] Randy Couture, we'll have to consider trying to put that together -- but as of right now, our main goal is to create new stars for Fedor to pass the torch to."

Who exactly could be described as a "new star" coming out of Rizin in even the most charitable of senses?

quote:

Sakakibara said that fight was a "brutal reality" for Sakuraba but seemed optimistic he'd fight again.

"As far as him fighting again, we have to discuss," Sakakibara said. "We've talked about a class of 40-year-olds and over. It's not over for Sakuraba in my mind."

For god's sake someone stop this man

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
It's cool that Royce is dodging taxes while Renzo is making obnoxious cribs episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75dP2G856n8

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Our goal is to create a new star to fight Fedor, that is why we vehemently denied it would be Jaideep until the very last possible second when the 40-year-old ex-kickboxer-turned-mma promoter refused our offer and we had no other choice but to declare him Rizin's Next Top Can

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Our uncle Royce, the grandmaster, the legend, I asked him "Master, why didn't you tap to the IRS's lawsuit?" the IRS having weighed in at one million tonnes. My uncle looked at me, deeeeeeeeep in the eyes, and said "Rener, my nephew, a Gracie must never submit - neither a kimura or a tax return."

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Still waiting for shawn Jordan vs fedor

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

fatherdog posted:

Who exactly could be described as a "new star" coming out of Rizin in even the most charitable of senses?

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I know somebody already made the joke, but the resemblance to Chris Christie is striking.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

JHomer722 posted:

I know somebody already made the joke, but the resemblance to Chris Christie is striking.

Actually I think Chris Christie probably has better striking.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

JHomer722 posted:

The absurdity seems so ridiculously high and then that little fat Japanese man appears and it seems like a loving Tim and Eric cinco commercial.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
In case anyone was worried I found out that Ganryujima, aka moat fights, did not fold and actually are relaunching starting this year. I don't really know what that means but they have a new site and hopefully more events are on the way soon. Apparently they had issues with Fuji TV promising to broadcast their show and then reneging. I can't even begin to imagine the byzantine process of running a Japanese B League.

e- All they have right now is "Ganryujima Soul". As far as I can tell it's a program where a bunch of middle aged Japanese dudes discuss mma at a bar for an hour and a half.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 13, 2016

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Seltzer posted:

In case anyone was worried I found out that Ganryujima, aka moat fights, did not fold and actually are relaunching starting this year. I don't really know what that means but they have a new site and hopefully more events are on the way soon. Apparently they had issues with Fuji TV promising to broadcast their show and then reneging. I can't even begin to imagine the byzantine process of running a Japanese B League.

e- All they have right now is "Ganryujima Soul". As far as I can tell it's a program where a bunch of middle aged Japanese dudes discuss mma at a bar for an hour and a half.

gently caress yes, more GANRYUJIMA

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
this should have been a ko of the year contender

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/685684282543706112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt8D2xyXAA0