Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Yearning for the sweet sweet release of page 1234

Edit: Time for a cigarette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Onwards to page 1234!

Will the next stretch goal be page 5678?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

gently caress you!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tippis posted:

Yes, but

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tippis posted:

That's not the Chris Roberts way!

THEN 5678

How else are we gonna milk the Cloud™ funds?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Friendly Tumour posted:

im going to snype the gently caress out of that page

Chris Roberts spotted.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I hope to make my contribution to page 1234 an interesting and worthwhile read

fake edit: gently caress.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjUPH8SIpiM

:allears:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Edit: Time for a cigarette

a historic day!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I can't believe how excited I am for Star Citizen!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ramadu posted:

:pgabz::pgabz::pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ramadu posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about Star Citizen!

Ramadu posted:

Ramadu posted:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wait a loving minute Chris Roberts directed Battlefield Earth?! :psyduck:

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Jobbo_Fett posted:

There are no emails
In our service queue
Nothing to tie one to a ticket
And if you seek refunds
We'll just delay it for 2 weeks

You want our

JPEGS? Check.
BIRDS? Check.
INSURANCE? Check.
CUTLASS? Check.
HORNET? Check
GAMESCOM? Check.
PAX? Check.
FLOWERS? Check.

Citizen [x16]

Butt beware
For when you spawn your spaceship
Others will seek to crash into you
And they won't rest
Until you're griefed

You'll want our

PETS? Check.
TRACK-IR? Check.
LANGUAGES? Check.
DECORATIONS? Check.
WEBCASTS? Check.
SYSTEMS? Check.
MOCAP? Check.
CELEBRITIES? Check.

Out of breath, pop, and sleep
The smell of death, can't escape
Gas will cloud and drift away
Track the cause of Lesnick's fate

You're so slow they all know
What you've done, you can't run
Vengeance is the law for thee
Close the threads so no one sees

You're a hack, a has-been
Plundering the fridge again
Ate their food drank their drinks
Arms too short to wash in sinks

Now you sit, try to hide
Heart beats faster from clogged lines
Thought it was a neat idea
"Get the boss on our livestream"

Citizen [x16]

NEWS VAN? Check.
R&D? Check.
C&C? Check.
MFD? Check.
SCANNERS? Check.
GARDENS? Check.
ROBOT? Check.
TOWEL? Check.

STAR! CITIZEN! STAR! CITIZEN! [x4]

Your life was ended by chest pains. [x3]

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

And that's my new band name right there : Totalatarian Freak rampage.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

not according to IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185183/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

also please tell me that 'producer' means guy with money invests into movie because... there are some good movies on this list - specifically Lord of War and Lucky Number Slevin.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0730932/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Must've been a very bad spot.

Star Clitizen: Totalitarianism Gone to New Levels.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

double nine posted:

also please tell me that 'producer' means guy with money invests into movie because... there are some good movies on this list - specifically Lord of War and Lucky Number Slevin.

Look at the sheer length of the list of producers for Lord of War…

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Gotta toss in my opinions of the stimpire dude's rambling and creepy fantasy.

If I were to give him the benefit of the doubt, I would say he was trying to go for extreme body horror (like what The Human Centipede was going for) but just didn't have the creativity to pull it off.

"Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred."

The "worst type of electricity" - you painted a picture in my mind there, Lovecraft. Oh and it triples every second. This guy just shits out a half-assed explanation, and then says "but it's even worse than that".

"boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia"

Thanks for specifying "without anesthesia". Most limb removal punishments here on Earth carefully numb the patient before they're conducted.

"Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film."

I'm getting ideas for improving the acting in SQ42 here.

"All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed."

So nobody lives in this empire.

"All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond."

I assume he meant "immortal" here. I like how you feel pain "every millisecond" - that really must hurt a lot more then just feeling it every 100th of a second.

"All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity."

How is this any different from SC backers right now?

"Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it."

I assume this refers to unskippable cutscenes featuring Sandi.

"The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die."

Not sure what "aging normally" means past the 100th year or so.

In conclusion: as creepy as this post is, I think it's just some kid trying to think of the "worstest thing imaginable", and not having the imagination or the writing skill to pull it off. Sometimes less is more.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
:yikes:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

Upon release, Battlefield EarthStar Citizen was heavily panned, and is often considered as one of the worst filmsgames ever made. The critical consensus states: "Ugly, campy and poorly acted, Battlefield EarthStar Citizen is a stunningly misguided, aggressively bad sci-fi folly". On Metacritic, the film had an average score of 9 out of 100, based on 33 critics indicating "Overwhelming dislike".

... gave the filmgame the rating of half a star out of four and described it as "like taking a bus trip with someone who has needed a bath for a long time. It's not merely bad; it's unpleasant in a hostile way. I watched it in mounting gloom, realizing I was witnessing something historic, a filmgame that for decades to come will be the punch line of jokes about bad filmsgames."

... summarized the filmgame as being "a flat-out mess, by golly, with massive narrative sinkholes, leading to moments of outstanding disbelief in the muddled writing and shockingly chaotic mise en scène that's accompanied by ear-pummeling sound and bombastic music".

Responding to the criticism, one of the film's producers, Elie SamahaChris Roberts, complained: "[The] critics were waiting for us to ... chop our heads off. Everybody hated Scientologythe BDSSE for some reason. I didn't know people were so prejudiced." He argued that despite the film'sgame's poor performance it would cover its costs in due course: "Maybe [in] the second cycle with Internet, and HBO, and DVDjpeg crowdfunding, you always make your money ... so I'm not going to lose sleep over one movie that did not perform for us."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I now firmly believe that Chris Roberts is making the worst game possible, just so he can be number 1/100

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

dispatch war rocket lowtax to bring back his body

That av/post combo though

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Friendly Tumour posted:

im going to snype the gently caress out of that page

i belive in you, you can do it on page 2345

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

double nine posted:

MeLKoR posted:

not according to IMDB.

Joke spoiler: https://www.google.com/search?q=battlefield+earth+dutch+angle&oq=battlefield+earth+dutch+angle

Also, he didn't just produce Lord of War:

I think you'll find that r/starcitizen is far more reliable than the Internet Movie Database.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I think Derek's on-air tantrum is the moment he jumped the paaarp.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Oh look, still not banned. Or probated.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Chin posted:

Also, he didn't just produce Lord of War:

I think you'll find that r/starcitizen is far more reliable than the Internet Movie Database.

Haha, but it says that he's just a producer on every listing of the movie online, how do you get this way? These people are legitimately ill, it is for reals sad to see people descend into delusion like this. Sad and hilarious.

edit: fixed brainfart

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen: The Only Crime is Dissent

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beer, have the guys at INN "authenticated" your e-mails yet, or figured out when and how they'll actually do it? I'm quite interested in seeing it if they do, so we can watch as people who were claiming that they're way too unprofessional to be real have to backtrack on it. I'm sure they'll find a way, but how?!

Good lord, I love this thread...

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I've been reading this for months now, and this uncomfortably slow train crash makes me glad that my desire for immediate satisfaction had me sinking my money in Steam games (because I make bad financial decisions by collecting things I never play) over this. I came so close to dropping money on my sense of nostalgia.

Anyway, keep up the awesome work! I can't help but feel entertained and horrified when I play catch up every few hours.

We had dreams in the air - with Chris, Sandi, and Ben
The game it wasn't there, yet funding saw no end
Which came as some surprise, as they ate up the lies
Project oversight died alone, a long long time ago

Oh no, not us
Goons always make things worse
In space, we're graced
By The Man Who Sold The 'Verse

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 11, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

double nine posted:

not according to IMDB.

"Producer" is actually a really loving vague term in Hollywood and can mean everything from someone with non-insignificant creative oversight to some well-connected idiot who provided some of the sets, equipment, or a couple of lines in a script and convinced somebody to give him credit for it. Ascendant Pictures probably provided enough capital to get second billing on both films but was not the primary production company for either. Lord of War, especially, may owe Chris Roberts for helping fund its existence but it's very much an Andrew Nichols film, in every sense.

From his film credits, we can safely say that Chris Roberts was capable at some point of attaching his name to potentially critically or commercial successful movies so long as somebody else was making it. Obviously, since Ascendant Pictures folded, he has yet to repeat such a lofty feat and appears to be pinning his hopes of re-entering Hollywood on Star Citizen.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Natron posted:

Beer, have the guys at INN "authenticated" your e-mails yet, or figured out when and how they'll actually do it? I'm quite interested in seeing it if they do, so we can watch as people who were claiming that they're way too unprofessional to be real have to backtrack on it. I'm sure they'll find a way, but how?!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Doing a mass dump of open tickets is so unbelievable that I think a little piece of my brain is dying trying to think about it, but this company is such a shitshow that it also isn't entirely far-fetched.

Can't say I have ever seen a business run according to Poe's law, but here we are.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Can somebody get a screencap of that Stimpire thing? I'm posting a follow-up e-mail to CIG asking them what I wrote that was somehow worse than CP or that, and I'd rather have a record of that thread in case they "discover" it should be deleted.

Natron posted:

Unfortunately they've been pretty busy over the weekend, but they did provide an initial response. Hopefully they will indeed behave in the "better" manner that they have declared as an intent and will validate the e-mails.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Unfortunately they've been pretty busy over the weekend, but they did provide an initial response. Hopefully they will indeed behave in the "better" manner that they have declared as an intent and will validate the e-mails.

Will be a pretty awesome day on reddit if INN decide to state that the emails are indeed real. The flip from "these are fake, Sandi would never say something this completely insane" to "They're clearly completely professional emails I don't see what the problem is at all" will be impressive, I hope nobody gets whiplash.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

Will be a pretty awesome day on reddit if INN decide to state that the emails are indeed real. The flip from "these are fake, Sandi would never say something this completely insane" to "They're clearly completely professional emails I don't see what the problem is at all" will be impressive, I hope nobody gets whiplash.

They are real except for the Sandi parts.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

They are real except for the Sandi parts.

There's a joke about pubes here but I'm too tired to think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tortolia posted:

Doing a mass dump of open tickets is so unbelievable that I think a little piece of my brain is dying trying to think about it, but this company is such a shitshow that it also isn't entirely far-fetched.

Can't say I have ever seen a business run according to Poe's law, but here we are.

I'm not convinced they've actually done it. There's only been that one post.

• Locked thread