Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I love the part where Sandi's voice cracked :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Just listened to the DS rant. Astounding.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

it's weird, last night I was just thinking (I don't sleep, really it sucks) and I had just kinda made that video for fun, this thread just inspired me and I like to make people laugh. Anyhow I just kinda threw it together and that was that. Then last night I was realized that sandi ben and chris might actually watch it and like lol. It's weird to realize that these people who should be so far removed from that kinda poo poo might blow a gasket at something so silly. Weird poo poo man.

I'm resurrecting this post to tell you that you are a sweet person.

Your video was playful and hilarious. The fact that you're at all worried about Chris, Sandi, and Ben's feelings proves you aren't a sociopath. Look at the way CIG treats its own fans, then hold up a mirror to your art project and recognize that it wasn't fraudulent, harmful, or mean-spirited.

The best posters in this thread are funny but somehow innocent. Like eonwe when he welcomes former CIG White Knights with open arms. Or pgabz in his 'Major Tom' persona when he responds to a lunatic "it's not in-game" for the 37th time.

Goons aren't bad people. Sure, we love chaos and hilarity, but none of us genuinely wishes ill to the completely insane community who have placed their entire self-identity into the game and its completion.

You're good man. Don't worry so much. And also you have a great username.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
These engineers talking about the game, holy lol. The dude in the middle back you can tell is already fed up with the bullshit he's going to have to re-do 5 times.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

DEREK SMART: Did you record your performance for Bootcha today?

I love you man but seriously you need constant reminders...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
You know, I am far from being a healthy or wellbuilt man, but watching Ben always makes me go "yikes...at least I'm not THAT."

I always think about the way J.K Rowling would describe the ludicrously fat Dersley Dudley. Things like, being in the same weightclass as a small killer whale, or almost being broader than he was tall.

I don't normally poke fun on folks for their appearances because, it is quite frankly childish. But I guess my inner child stirs as I write this.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm pretty sure that works the same for dudes less-fat than you, all the way down to skinny people, who presumably look down on those more frail than them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FrankieGoes posted:

Way to go guys, we upset Matilda. Can we get an entire page of nothing but vagina speculation? I think we can!

We really don't have enough info to even speculate. I mean, were her kids delivered vaginally or by c-section? We just don't know!

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

#notallgoons

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Angela Christine posted:

We really don't have enough info to even speculate. I mean, were her kids delivered vaginally or by c-section? We just don't know!

:cripes:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sorry.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo, it took me 4 days to finally catch up.

Does anyone remember the link for that hosed up story with the sexual mutilation and poo poo on the RSI forums?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
i didn't realise the other night when I performed a daring ship rescue, I was not alone :lol:

The pilot was also trying to get the ship, so it was less a rescue and more just stealing it

When I saw him for the first time in the vid I fuckin died

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

You've killed me, I am dead, now i'll never see chris Roberts vision come true :[

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That ATV engineer chat is amazing. The talk about ships "misreporting mass" is gold. We've been saying it in this thread for weeks. The guy in the middle losing his poo poo about shields and weapons and armour being in a stupid feedback loop of never being finished. The ships all being redone because they were never planned properly in the first place. :golfclap:

OPEN DEVELOPMENT.

PSA: Octopedo is now banned.

GrimmyD
Jul 31, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

Does anyone remember the link for that hosed up story with the sexual mutilation and poo poo on the RSI forums?
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310241/the-sickening-and-heartbreaking-truths-of-the-fourth-stimpire

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVK6Qnn5mwE

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Be aware I have now the ability to make text spin

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I laughed, I cried, it was better than Reverse/Around The Verse.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

The other thing about the two videos I posted that is so drat important. Let's look at the script.

SC: camera pans on DigiOldman. Massive speech about "Blah Blah meanies from space blah blaaahhhhhh" audience golfclaps.

FFXIV: *Melancholic song starts* Camera shows HOLY poo poo THINGS HAPPENING HOLY gently caress WAR HOLY gently caress BIG THREAT PEOPLE DOING STUFF OH NO DRAMA I DON'T EVEN KNOW THESE GUYS YET BUT I FEEL INVESTED. No dialogue.

Rule of the now: Show, don't tell.

I know this is a million years old in the thread but I want to further hammer home that one of the huge things with mocap is that, traditionally, you never ever ever ever try to recreate a well-known face with it, and certainly not the well-known face of the person doing the mocap.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This should be the top post on the Star Citizen reddit forever.

Thank you :pgabz:, you're a true hero.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
PGabz pls protect Lowtax during his livestream. You're a crack anti griefing commando.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TTerrible posted:

PGabz pls protect Lowtax during his livestream. You're a crack anti griefing commando.

I desperately wish it was possible (and not a huge pain in the rear end) to purposely get more than two friends into the same instance. Lowtax's stream could be a field day of goondom.

As it turns out, their best defense against organized griefing is their terrible server structure and lack of matchmaking. Good job, CIG!

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Friday's RtV is up on Youtube so I can now timestamp 5 minutes of engineer despair. All three of them give at least some insight into the hieronymus bosch painting that is the star citizen engine.

edit: Ben is also super uncomfortable as this conversation goes down.

Ben looks like he knows he's going to get called up on the carpet in front of Sandi and Chris to get yelled at for daring to let anyone mention problems in development

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I will do whatever it takes to help a fellow Commaner o7

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Scruffpuff posted:

I can't process what I just saw. The cheering over it... oh god

I was there. The experience was unlike anything I had ever seen before. People hanging out together, sharing something new, drinking overpriced boozed, and finally getting to experience the new phase of Star Citizen. This was back when people still thought the game would be delivered in a timely manner. Hell hours before that I had met Eric loving Peterson and Erin loving Roberts while drinking beers and wearing red Goonrathi polos while hanging out with Goons. I still have the FLJK Goonrathi Gold Card that I had Chris sign. It was a crazy time.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Just watched that mo cap vid for the millionth time with mark strong and marlon brando.... I mean sandi......

Look at how she's stood the entire time Mark is talking to her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3iKfqaPKkU Just loving slouched with her hands crossed in front of her, no hint of any military background or even any interest in what he's saying.

I assumed that she was some kind of smart-rear end civilian from the station or something. I didn't realize she's supposed to be some kind of military pilot.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
She has to be a pilot, why else would she have a callsign?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I still have the FLJK Goonrathi Gold Card that I had Chris sign. It was a crazy time.

Wait, you have a Goonrathi card signed by CRoberts? That is brown sea kryptonite.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can you play as the aliens in this theoretical game?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I was there. The experience was unlike anything I had ever seen before. People hanging out together, sharing something new, drinking overpriced boozed, and finally getting to experience the new phase of Star Citizen. This was back when people still thought the game would be delivered in a timely manner. Hell hours before that I had met Eric loving Peterson and Erin loving Roberts while drinking beers and wearing red Goonrathi polos while hanging out with Goons. I still have the FLJK Goonrathi Gold Card that I had Chris sign. It was a crazy time.

I assumed that she was some kind of smart-rear end civilian from the station or something. I didn't realize she's supposed to be some kind of military pilot.

Beer is our Hanoi Jane

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Beer literally stole money from backers

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Khanstant posted:

"Yes."

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Khanstant posted:

I consulted the magic Chrisball, and it said 'YES'

e;f;b

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp5z0ojaVpY

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/40bzev/straight_from_the_horses_mouth_part_1/cytcu2t?context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/40bili/star_citizen_is_only_65_done/cytasc7

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

wow.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Daztek posted:

I hope Star Citizen has penguins

Me too!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Right now you cant play as anything other than a burly white male locked in a spacesuit. No plan or date for the character creator have yet to be announced. We don't even know if we can play a female pilot.

Alien spaceships have been sold (of course) but they are not in game yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao their turning on one another.

• Locked thread