Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
axiom verge's story is uh... weird

but the soundtrack is great and makes the game creepy in a good way, I think I'm near the end now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

also, c fo4 s: got my ballistic weave, then finally decided to move the main quest forward and meet kellogg. and, uh... huh

i think i'm just going to try to wrap up the main storyline as my nice rr/brotherhood/minuteman stealth shoots lady asap and restart as a idiot savant punch man who is dumb enough to work for the institute once some dlc comes out
cool gender norms

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

St Evan Echoes posted:

cool gender norms

Kenny Logins posted:

a idiot savant punch man who is dumb enough to work for the institute
also he is bi

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Kenny Logins posted:

any good underrail tips? i got it some time ago but never got around to cracking it open
you might want to min/max a bit more than in most rpgs, especially early game

http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=884.0

here's a thread that should maybe give you some ideas for successful character builds. notice that they do tend to leave unnecessary attributes at their minimum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i was really excited for XCOM2 but i'll wait on it for the expansion and bugfixes and for everyone else to figure out the correct strats before I play it, also I'm still putting all my free time into warframe so :rip:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

also he is bi

Gender isn't the same thing as sexuality, dude.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

i was really excited for XCOM2 but i'll wait on it for the expansion and bugfixes and for everyone else to figure out the correct strats before I play it, also I'm still putting all my free time into warframe so :rip:

I caught extreme fail aids just from glancing at this post.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Gender isn't the same thing as sexuality, dude.
:pram:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

schooled by knuc

i was expecting you to rake me over the coals for expecting anything out of fo4 dlc

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Kenny Logins posted:

schooled by knuc

i was expecting you to rake me over the coals for expecting anything out of fo4 dlc

I wonder if they're waiting to release the geck until they release the dlc that makes settlements worthwhile

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Al! posted:

I wonder if they're waiting to release the geck until they release the dlc that makes settlements worthwhile
i really regret falling in with the minutemen on my first playthrough because multiple settlements are just kind of a drag

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Kenny Logins posted:

i really regret falling in with the minutemen on my first playthrough because multiple settlements are just kind of a drag

it's not so much falling in as it is being railroaded down that path

the longer i play fo4, the worse the quests get

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I have so many settlements. I also don't care about the railroad or the brotherhood and haven't met the institute yet.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the minutemen are the least stupid faction.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I really liked building the molecular transporter and I was like if the settlement stuff is so important in this game why aren't there a million quests like this

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Shaggar posted:

the minutemen are the least stupid faction.
other than the constant settlement expansion for no particularly satisfying mechanical reason, the minutemen are p. chill and make a basic amount of sense

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

schooled by knuc

Some things are more important than videogames.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
settlements are such a disappointment. here's hoping the DLC actually works

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Knuc U Kinte posted:

rip david bowie

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

Fixing settlements will do literally nothing to improve the game and I can't imagine what they could possible add to them to make them interesting. It's poorly implemented from the ground up.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

:hellyeah:

now that im just doing ffxiv like chores im back to feeling like more than an hour of video games a day is a lot
someone hook me up with that goon brain disease that makes this poo poo not get boring

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Liver Disaster posted:

:hellyeah:

now that im just doing ffxiv like chores im back to feeling like more than an hour of video games a day is a lot
someone hook me up with that goon brain disease that makes this poo poo not get boring

Stop playing it if it sucks, idiot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mmo player logic: I wish I was mentally ill so this completely optional poo poo I do every day wasn't boring anymore!!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Mmo player logic: I wish I was mentally ill so this completely optional poo poo I do every day wasn't boring anymore!!

constantly shooting down weirdos and creeps daily

this is like your destiny dude

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i own like, dozens of physical video games and hundreds of steam games
they all suck and are bad
trying to play gat out of hell, not v enjoyable

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

alcohol made video games 'good' i think

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Liver Disaster posted:

i own like, dozens of physical video games and hundreds of steam games
they all suck and are bad
trying to play gat out of hell, not v enjoyable

ld i'm starting to worry that you have a problem that might need professional help

you shouldn't buy things you don't enjoy, nevermind spend all day posting about them

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

im only like 4% of the posts in this thread lol
just weaning myself off i guess, maybe get a real hobby

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

there's all sorts of poo poo they could do with the settlements re unique items, special jobs, coverage areas etc but none of it made it into the main game. there is even the bones of a system by which you could place settlements anywhere, which is potentially exciting

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

so what about BB's "cya later shitlords" biker jacket

is that a reference to anything

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

spoilers for hashtag fire emblem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

scamtank posted:

so what about BB's "cya later shitlords" biker jacket

is that a reference to anything

interesting coincidence with the cigar/cigarette from my gis but i don't think the jacket is a match to anything but mad max

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Knuc U Kinte posted:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
liver disaster maybe your problem is you have really poo poo taste in games

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Liver Disaster posted:

im only like 4% of the posts in this thread lol
just weaning myself off i guess, maybe get a real hobby
can recommend woodworking as a non staring at screen hobby

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i do like to handle wood...

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
amazingly it is possible to have non-game hobbies and game hobbies.

• Locked thread