Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Scyantific posted:

They said they're potentially setting him up as the big bad for a future season, not just giving him a miniarc.

If/when CW cancels all of their other shows to be able to fund a season of The Flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I could not care less about Grodd. I certainly don't want an entire seasons budget wasted on a bunch of CGI gorillas. He was a good one off thing, even bringing him back this season was meh.

And I'm sure we can stumble through the Kevin Smith episode, although I bet Jason Mewes makes a cameo as Bluntman.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

TyrantWD posted:

If/when CW cancels all of their other shows to be able to fund a season of The Flash.
It's could work if he follows the same pattern as Zoom, where his influence is seen in every episode, but he only appears personally on rare occasions. Considering that mind control is Grodd's thing, it would be easy to just send waves of cheap-to-film humans in his place until the expensive finale.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Robot Hobo posted:

It's could work if he follows the same pattern as Zoom, where his influence is seen in every episode, but he only appears personally on rare occasions. Considering that mind control is Grodd's thing, it would be easy to just send waves of cheap-to-film humans in his place until the expensive finale.

Alternatively, he could do a reverse Ultra Humanite and have a brain transplant into a (meta)human body

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I could not care less about Grodd. I certainly don't want an entire seasons budget wasted on a bunch of CGI gorillas. He was a good one off thing, even bringing him back this season was meh.
:frogout:

Robot Hobo posted:

Yeah, it's perfect for a heartwrenching CW angstathon where Cisco or whoever is evil and working against Barry too

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Robot Hobo posted:

Why do we want this?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
because if they put Grodd in every episode they're going to have to force Stephen Amell to take up work as a gigolo to pay for it

not that I'm opposed to that

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Soothing Vapors posted:

because if they put Grodd in every episode they're going to have to force Stephen Amell to take up work as a gigolo to pay for it

not that I'm opposed to that

Thomas Jane confirmed as Arrow S04 Big Bad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Klungar posted:

Thomas Jane

I can't take his character seriously on The Expanse with the fedora and hair cut he's rocking.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

In better news than the Kevin Smith episode and David loving Bowie dying, there's actually been 2 consecutive weeks of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks:

https://soundcloud.com/matescast

Probably going to be another one sooner than later since it's ep 99 as well.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Michael Ian Black is insufferable twat on twitter, makes me want to hate him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Michael Ian Black is insufferable twat on twitter, makes me want to hate him.

He's just as bad in person.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

lotus circle posted:

Jonah Hex is almost certain I feel. I'd love for the Demon Knights to appear since in the comics Vandal is actually on that team.

What was that about Jonah Hex? Cooool.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

cool kids inc. posted:

What was that about Jonah Hex? Cooool.

Hex also did a bit of time travelling himself so him recurring or becoming part of the team might be amusing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Everything I see about Legends of Tomorrow suggests that it's really gonna be the breakout hit we deserve.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrianWilly posted:

Everything I see about Legends of Tomorrow suggests that it's really gonna be the breakout hit we deserve.

You mean Hawkman dies in the first five minutes?! :neckbeard:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, nothing's perfect.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Guy A. Person posted:

In better news than the Kevin Smith episode and David loving Bowie dying, there's actually been 2 consecutive weeks of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks:

https://soundcloud.com/matescast

Probably going to be another one sooner than later since it's ep 99 as well.

Jesus. For the first time I hated this. Stop being that stupid german character Magic, doesn't work.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

You mean Hawkman dies in the first five minutes?! :neckbeard:

Both of them.

Please.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Jesus. For the first time I hated this. Stop being that stupid german character Magic, doesn't work.

Yea that dragged on too long. The previous episode was good though.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Both of them.

Please.

why do u wish ill on Crisco's love life

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

why do u wish ill on Crisco's love life

Crisco/Laurel is gonna happen book it :colbert:

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Bad Moon posted:

Crisco/Laurel is gonna happen book it :colbert:

It's totally gonna be Cspan/Golden Glider

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Both of them.

Please.

Absolutely not, Hawkgirl owns, Hawkman is a douchebag creepy date rapist and I will NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR STEALING HER FROM CISCO YOU HEAR ME
:goonsay:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Chokes McGee posted:

Absolutely not, Hawkgirl owns, Hawkman is a douchebag creepy date rapist and I will NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR STEALING HER FROM CISCO YOU HEAR ME
:goonsay:

Word up, yo. "Come on, baby. We're, like, reincarnated souls. Eternal lovers. Let me see your drink for a moment. Don't worry baby, I'll use protection."

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Robbie just dropped a nice spoiler image: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAlSjnGHstA/

*uhh I fixed it I think.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 16, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PaganGoatPants posted:

Robbie just dropped a nice spoiler image: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAlSjnGHstA/

Dude why didn't you tell us how intense that spoiler was!!?!?!?!?!? I can't believe I clicked that link that you clearly marked as a spoiler!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'm angry that you spoiled that the image is a spoiler. I would've liked to click on it and find out it's a spoiler myself, dick.

So who is he going to turn into salt?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whizbang posted:

I'm angry that you spoiled that the image is a spoiler. I would've liked to click on it and find out it's a spoiler myself, dick.

So who is he going to turn into salt?

Probably Patty.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

PaganGoatPants posted:

I'm aroused for so many different reasons

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Rhyno posted:

Dude why didn't you tell us how intense that spoiler was!!?!?!?!?!? I can't believe I clicked that link that you clearly marked as a spoiler!

Bad Moon posted:

Why does no one spoiler When they quote spoilers?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

M_Gargantua posted:

Why does no one spoiler When they quote spoilers?

Bad Moon posted:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Andrew Kreisberg shares some info about Reverse Flash's return

He is from an earier timeline, not from Earth 2

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

TyrantWD posted:

Crowdfund that poo poo. I'd buy a signed DVD of S1 for a stupidly inflated amount if it meant a higher quality show in future seasons.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Extended Trailer "Pretty Messed Up"

It's the end of the world (as Barry knows it) when The Flash returns tomorrow at 8/7c.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7V8AvE--Sc

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It's TONIIIIIGHT!

Re: Extended Trailer

Is it for just tonight or the entire back half of the season?

Can't wait for Reverse Flash and evil Caitlyn/Ronnie.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's TONIIIIIGHT!

Re: Extended Trailer

Is it for just tonight or the entire back half of the season?

Can't wait for Reverse Flash and evil Caitlyn/Ronnie.

It's for the next few episodes at least, there's way too much in that preview to be all tonight:

The Reverse Flash returns next week for certain. It also looks like they plan a little field trip to Earth 2 which I doubt will be tonight. I believe tonight - based on earlier previews - is when Zoom targets Patty and Barry decides to share his secret with her.

Also, I just read tonight's listing at the Futon Critic and holy crap:

"...the team hunts down a meta-human who can slow time itself". Are we getting the Turtle tonight???

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Guy A. Person posted:

"...the team hunts down a meta-human who can slow time itself". Are we getting the Turtle tonight???

Only if they cast Jerry Ferrara.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Guy A. Person posted:

Yes, played by Chief from BSG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

Extended Trailer "Pretty Messed Up"

It's the end of the world (as Barry knows it) when The Flash returns tomorrow at 8/7c.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7V8AvE--Sc

I am so hard right now :flashfap:

• Locked thread