Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clochette posted:

The gently caress? I never said that.

you're right, it was your nazi husband who said that, you just complain about muslims ruining schools in Germany

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
^^^ If you're referring to the school where girls as young as 12 were told to dress modestly so as not to cause "misunderstandings", that was in Sweden

CommieGIR posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You haven't been in the US long, have you?

Not really, but it looks like federal spending rose slightly after 2008 and has stayed steady at around the same level since.

When you take cost of living into account, I'm way better off over here.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Saurus posted:

A niece accepting a gift from her aunt is now mooching.

A pizza left in the box under a bed for several hours is now a pizza under the bed for a week, boxless, eaten covered in maggots and cockroaches.

Occasional post on chris-chan forum is now I personally harassed and stalked a retarded man until he wanted to kill himself.

never stop tess :thumbsup:

What kind of things do you talk about on a Chris-chan forum? Like I could imagine what a Chris-chan megathread would look like but a whole forum?

We also received a radio broadcast from a better world today.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Baron Corbyn posted:

What kind of things do you talk about on a Chris-chan forum? Like I could imagine what a Chris-chan megathread would look like but a whole forum?

We also received a radio broadcast from a better world today.

Wonder no more.

https://kiwifar.ms/forums/christian-weston-chandler.18/

I have no idea if it's where our pair of fuckwits met but you get the idea.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

you're right, it was your nazi husband who said that, you just complain about muslims ruining schools in Germany

Yes, I complained about the German equivalent of a middle school warning its female students to "dress modestly" in order to avoid "misunderstandings" with young male refugees. Although that's more the fault of the simultaneously permissive and patriarchal German government, not the refugees.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Saurus posted:

Not really, but it looks like federal spending rose slightly after 2008 and has stayed steady at around the same level since.

When you take cost of living into account, I'm way better off over here.

We have such sights to show you, fresh meat.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clochette posted:

Yes, I complained about the German equivalent of a middle school warning its female students to "dress modestly" in order to avoid "misunderstandings" with young male refugees. Although that's more the fault of the simultaneously permissive and patriarchal German government, not the refugees.

(I'm loving that you didn't even bat an eyelid at 'nazi husband')

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

She assumed it was a compliment. Beats cutting his nails with a steak knife

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

The Saurus is Jewish :jewish:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Clochette posted:

And now we know where some of his beef with Muslims comes from. :allears:

Waiting for him to pull a full on Golda Meir about the animal nature of Muslims.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh so that's why he didn't mention them in his genocidal plans earlier.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Serotonin posted:

Wonder no more.

https://kiwifar.ms/forums/christian-weston-chandler.18/

I have no idea if it's where our pair of fuckwits met but you get the idea.

My curiosity has been satiated thank you.

EDIT: met!?

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 11, 2016

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Oh so that's why he didn't mention them in his genocidal plans earlier.

Why would he have?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Clochette posted:

Why would he have?

quite a few jews in Syria

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Clochette posted:

Like gently caress he is. He has been quick enough to throw 'my wife is a sex worker' in pretty much every reply he's made since he started posting in this and prior threads and yet never once claimed to be Jewish.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clochette posted:

Why would he have?

Well he was talking about his genocidal plans for Muslims and Christians. One Abrahamic religion missing there.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Clochette posted:

And?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrol_36

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

this is maybe the most severe and unpleasant derail we've had in a while

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Serotonin posted:

Like gently caress he is. He has been quick enough to throw 'my wife is a sex worker' in pretty much every reply he's made since he started posting in this and prior threads and yet never once claimed to be Jewish.

Why would he? His ethnicity wasn't relevant until he was accused of being a literal Nazi.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Clochette posted:

Why would he? His ethnicity wasn't relevant until he was accused of being a literal Nazi.

Nor was your choice of profession in most of those replies.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Clochette posted:

Well, yeah, judging an entire culture by the actions of a minority faction might make you look like a totalitarian racist.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Phoon posted:

its been one of the funnier days reading this thread imo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bring back pissflaps

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

The Saurus posted:

^^^ If you're referring to the school where girls as young as 12 were told to dress modestly so as not to cause "misunderstandings", that was in Sweden

My old high school, which is in a mostly white area, recently banned girls from wearing skirts for the same 'modesty' reasons. As far as I'm aware no refugees attend the school.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

TheRat posted:

Bring back pissflaps

I can't believe I'm agreeing but yes give me Pissflaps over this revolting pair any day.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Serotonin posted:

Nor was your choice of profession in most of those replies.

Yeah it was v. out of the blue

"Hey stop wishing misery one someone for being thick"

"MY WIFE HAD TO SELL HER BODY SO HOW DARE YOU ASK ME TO STOP WISHING A WOMAN STARVES TO DEATH"

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Jose posted:

its been one of the funnier days reading this thread imo

yeah this is making work fly by

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Phoon posted:

Gets the juices flowing. I've never felt so full of vim.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Pantsuit posted:

My old high school, which is in a mostly white area, recently banned girls from wearing skirts for the same 'modesty' reasons. As far as I'm aware no refugees attend the school.

And a school near me banned girls from wearing tight trousers. I can't imagine we have many refugees in rural Gloucestershire. It's just good old fashioned sexism that tells girls what to wear.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Serotonin posted:

I can't believe I'm agreeing but yes give me Pissflaps over this revolting pair any day.

It has been noted that he hasn't been seen posting at the same time as these guys :tinfoil:

Perhaps he has upgraded...to Pissflaps 2.0 :psylon:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Serotonin posted:

hail pissflaps, better than Saurus and Eva

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Serotonin posted:

And a school near me banned girls from wearing tight trousers. I can't imagine we have many refugees in rural Gloucestershire. It's just good old sexism that tells girls what to wear.

And the best part is this is not isolated to Muslims: A lot of the Evangelical/Fundamentalist crowds are pushing the same poo poo, but don't get called out for misogyny as often as refugees fleeing genocide do.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

A strict headmistress who banned all skirts because male teachers were becoming ‘distracted’ sent girls home on the first day of the new term because their trousers were too tight.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/09/school-that-banned-skirts-because-they-distracted-teachers-now-bans-tight-trousers-5383702/#ixzz3wxGNTunm

I bet they were Muslim refugee teachers too.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
Everyone shut up and stop engaging with these weirdos

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/telegraph-workplace-sensors#.tr5VwWNgR

quote:

Daily Telegraph Installs Workplace Monitors On Journalists’ Desks
The devices tell whether newspaper staff are at their desk using heat and motion sensors.

The Daily Telegraph has installed devices to monitor whether journalists are at their desks, BuzzFeed News has learned.

The newspaper confirmed the move in email to staff after multiple employees said that they had come into work on Monday morning to find small plastic monitoring boxes attached to their desks.

Journalists were baffled by the unannounced appearance of the boxes. Staff resorted to googling the brand name and discovered they were wireless motion detectors produced by a company called OccupEye which monitor whether individuals are using their desks.

OccupEye’s website says it provides “automated workspace utilisation analysis” using sensors which “are triggered by both motion and heat”. This allows management access to a system that is “ultra-sensitive, yet ultra-reliable when it comes to tracking real-time 1:1 space utilisation”.

“Quite simply, if a space is used, your OccupEye sensors will record it and you are guaranteed to know about it,” the website states.

The results can then be viewed on a sensor-by-sensor basis, giving bosses complete access to data about whether an individual is at their desk.

One journalist at the paper said Telegraph union representatives had raised concerns about the issue and “HR are frantically rowing back on it”.

Referring to the prospect that management could now potentially tell when staff nip out for toilet breaks, they said: “Never before has taking a poo poo on company time felt so rebellious”.

Shortly after BuzzFeed News contacted the newspaper for comment, an email was sent to all staff explaining that the sensors will be in place for four weeks and are an environmental measure designed to “make ​our floors in ​the building as energy efficient as possible” while reducing “the amount of power we consume for heating, lighting and cooling the building at times of low usage” as part of the Telegraph’s commitment to green energy measures. The data would be used to monitor broad areas within the office for energy usage, it said.

However, OccupEye’s own website makes few references to environmental issues and instead focuses on how companies can make cost savings by downsizing their offices and fitting more staff into smaller spaces.

The Telegraph declined to comment on the monitors.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

The Saurus posted:

Honest answer? The accent.
You're from Wolverhampton though - when Americans talk about how much they love English accents they don't mean the Black Country.

The Saurus posted:

Well, that and the US economy is doing way better in general because they haven't spent 6 years cutting everything to the bone.

Median US salary is slightly lower than the UK median and doesn't include fun things like health insurance.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I'm sure Turkey would be thrilled at the suggestion of the EU deploying a police force in their territory to enforce the law.

And which law anyway, Turkish law? Would the proposed EU police contingent willingly enforce Turkish law in migrant camps considering the general criticism directed at recent laws compatibility with human rights?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Can we go back to discussing whether the media read too much into that resignation letter again? They are definitely framing it like she was saying Corbyn is taking the party in a negative direction, which might be what she was going for but it was a bit ambiguous if it was, and it could just as easily be read as "this infighting is unproductive and not something I want to deal with on top of these other issues" without any implicit attribution of blame.

Like, if she was trying to damage him, why not do it last week, or have an actual go at him. Presumably it would be because she doesn't want to burn bridges, but that doesn't seem to stop the rest of them, and the people who are trying to sink him are by definition banking on him not being around for much longer.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

And the best part is this is not isolated to Muslims: A lot of the Evangelical/Fundamentalist crowds are pushing the same poo poo, but don't get called out for misogyny as often as refugees fleeing genocide do.

Hey, they might want to specify dress codes for schools, or not have good english, or like cricket. Better to let them starve to death eh?

Or drown.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hahahaha the Telegraph continues its downward slide into... I don't even know what it's becoming? Garbage? Fascism? Dog sex? Still, I bet Private Eye's upset it didn't get to break this little story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Pantsuit posted:

It's getting pretty common.

My sister's school allows skirts, but they have to be worn with leggings. There's no requirement that they are forced to wear a skirt or not, and they can wear trousers instead if they wish.

I guess it was practical aswell since it can get loving cold in Wales and they'd rather not have to deal with one section of their students being uncomfortable for no other reason than their gender.

• Locked thread