Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Wait I thought Amadeus Cho was Hulk now, what happened to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

This is an alternate universe version.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

AnonSpore posted:

He is, that's Contest of Champions Hulk, where basically a bunch of minor characters and alternate versions of mainstream characters fight a whole bunch. For example there's also an Elektra who is her world's Bullseye and has a bluish grey costume with the logo on her head.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Secret Wars is really the best thing to ever happen to Marvel's creative powers :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

John Dyne posted:

Looks like part of the Spiderman uniform as a dainty little ascot.

I thought he was the Sorcerer Supreme at first.

The pitch is in the mail Marvel.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

WickedHate posted:

I thought he was the Sorcerer Supreme at first.

The pitch is in the mail Marvel.

I figured it was a hobo bindle. :v:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mover posted:

I liked Pym's characterization in avengers academy, where he has admitted to himself that he's a better administrator and scientist then he is a super hero, and focuses more on behind the scenes research while using the gently caress ups and mental issues in his past to help him keep a group of borderline, troubled kids from letting their own darkness take them over.

Stop reminding me of Avengers Academy, the emotional wounds haven't healed.

Nor will they ever. RIP Mettle :smith:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

ImpAtom posted:

You know, considering at this point they've basically just solidified the Gamma Bomb as "turns people into Hulks" has there even been a what-if where nobody snuck into the testing range and it got dropped on a populated city or something?

America develops gamma bombs in WWII and drops them on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, thereby giving Japan an army of Hulks (or "Oni").

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Senior Woodchuck posted:

America develops gamma bombs in WWII and drops them on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, thereby giving Japan an army of Hulks (or "Oni").

...I can live with that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

You know, considering at this point they've basically just solidified the Gamma Bomb as "turns people into Hulks" has there even been a what-if where nobody snuck into the testing range and it got dropped on a populated city or something?

World War Hulks.

But don't read it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh boy, that reminds me of X-Men Misfits.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish that was the canon Beast.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

TwoPair posted:

Contest of Champions #3 presents your new favorite Hulk.

Are they about to make out? :allears:

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

John Dyne posted:

Looks like part of the Spiderman uniform as a dainty little ascot.

That particular Venom killed his Spider-Man, but feels really guilty about it and talks to the suit as if it Peter were hanging out with him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I wish that was the canon Beast.

I'm sure Bendis tried to figure out a way to make that happen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure Bendis tried to figure out a way to make that happen.

That suggests Bendis read other X-Men comics before his run.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

plainswalker75 posted:

That particular Venom killed his Spider-Man, but feels really guilty about it and talks to the suit as if it Peter were hanging out with him.

I can't decide whether to read this book or run screaming.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

There's an Avengers story where Diablo, using gamma-irradiated soil from a town the Leader previously destroyed with a gamma bomb, creates a potion which he uses to turn an entire Greek village into Hulks. Hank Pym has the bright idea of using Pym particles to merge all the Hulks into one gigantic Hulk, which they can then shrink down into a miniature Hulk. They get the first part sorted, then the gigantic Hulk destroys his portable laboratory, so they're stuck dealing with a 50-foot tall Hulk trying to smash them.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

WickedHate posted:

AHahahahahaha, oh wow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's an Avengers story where Diablo, using gamma-irradiated soil from a town the Leader previously destroyed with a gamma bomb, creates a potion which he uses to turn an entire Greek village into Hulks. Hank Pym has the bright idea of using Pym particles to merge all the Hulks into one gigantic Hulk, which they can then shrink down into a miniature Hulk. They get the first part sorted, then the gigantic Hulk destroys his portable laboratory, so they're stuck dealing with a 50-foot tall Hulk trying to smash them.

That may in fact be the one idea Hank Pym had that is worse than Ultron.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Defenders #5

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Secret Wars #9 looking sexier than expected.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Dammit, my 5 namors won't stop making out with each other. Perhaps the solution is more namors?

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

WickedHate posted:

What in the absolute gently caress. I need to know more about this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
My Neighbor Hank-oro should definitely be Beast's 616 appearance

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

kvx687 posted:

What in the absolute gently caress. I need to know more about this.

It's an...OEL manga! :argh:

Mutant Musume

Okay, Nightcrawler is kind of cute there.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 12, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm the waiter on the left :tem:

The only character I can identify there is...I assume that's archangel in the middle? Given what I've seen so far even that...diagnosis...is suspect.

edit: Oh god how did I miss the chain leash arrgh

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Please tell me this is as hilarious as it looks.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: Oh god how did I miss the chain leash arrgh

That's Sabertooth wearing the collar :eng101:

OptimusShr posted:

Please tell me this is as hilarious as it looks.

Twice as much. Surprisingly, the author, Raina Telgemeier, ended up doing some pretty critically acclaimed stuff.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, I remember reading this thing. It sure did capture a shoujo manga take on terrible soap opera high school for the like 3 issues it lasted.

On the other hand, Colossus.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Colossus would have gotten much better and more :catdrugs: stories over the years of he turned into a robot instead of a glistening farmboy.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Starsnostars posted:

Defenders #5

This must be Dr. Doom's private Namor library.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did... Did Hank just not want to fix the Hulked-out villagers? How does smooshing them into one person help?

Also, Greaser Hulk is fantastic and Al Ewing is a national treasure.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

C'mon Marvel you know you want to.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

Did... Did Hank just not want to fix the Hulked-out villagers? How does smooshing them into one person help?

I seem to recall that issue ending up with a village load of confused naked people staring at the avengers, so i guess so.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Gaz-L posted:

"Hank, it's terrible! All these people, turned into hulks, you've gotta help!"
"Don't worry, I'm on it. I'll have those people weaponized before you can say 'Why in god's name would you do that, Pym?' Or my name's not Hank Pym!"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gaz-L posted:

He got himself mixed up with Fletcher Hanks.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Say Nothing posted:

I seem to recall that issue ending up with a village load of confused naked people staring at the avengers, so i guess so.

I get the feeling that's a bi-weekly event for the Avengers though. Guys get a little zealous with the super-science sometimes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

It can be two things!

Contest of Champions #3 presents your new favorite Hulk.

"New" favorite Hulk? Bitch, please. He's been my favorite for years.

From What If v.1 #12:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rick Jones, bitch! The most criminally underused Marvel character.