Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
When I win I will buy Something Awful and permaban everyone that posted in this thread (including me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Indolent Bastard posted:

When I win I will buy Something Awful and permaban everyone that posted in this thread (including me).

Wow, gently caress you buddy

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just like every lottery winner after winning i will spend approximately 50 million and sit on the rest to contribute to the death of the lower class

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
$1.4 billion now.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
which of you won?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
:byodood: GAWT MAH TICKET!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
america's favorite pastime: imagining what they will do with their winnings

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

nomadologique posted:

america's favorite pastime: imagining what they will do with their winnings

I am a temporarily embarrassed millionaire, that is why I vote Republican.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

and then we get to read about some shitheads who donate it to their church

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I bought a ticket.

Should I sign the ticket before I take it to the lawyers?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I bought a ticket.

No. I'd consult one beforehand, preferably one with commercial advertisements or billboards (like those "hurt on the job, call us at..." Advertisements)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I bought a ticket.

If you win, mail it to me and I will verify it for you. You can trust me I am a notary.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

thrakkorzog posted:

If you're willing to live somewhat modestly you can stretch out 10 Million dollars over 60 years as long as you're willing to keep down on the extravagant expenses. And by living modestly, I mean you have to barely get by on about $160K per year, that's if you're only living off the principle.

A modest 2% return on 10M is 200,000. 10M is enough to live will on interest alone.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
LATimes has a good simulator because you can put a million virtual dollars in and watch it grind away to roughly one hundred thousand.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah thanks for getting all those losing numbers out of the way so i can swoop in!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
tips to increase chance of dying in a plane crash:
- spend your entire life on a plane

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

a face you can trust

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Germstore posted:

a face you can trust

I've never seen someone who looks like they're wearing glasses but isn't.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

step 1: buy as many tickets as you can
step 2: win
step 3: invest in gold

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
tips to increase chance of losing lottery multiple times:
- buy as many tickets as you can afford

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
Serious discussion time. What would be the socioeconomic impact be if the winner were to give every US citizen one million dollars?

Would the economy just crash? Extreme inflation? Or would it just behave as a giant economic stimulus package?

I think if I would win, I would do it, just as a social experiment. I'd throw the rest of the winnings in Swiss bank accounts in case the US economy shits itself, though.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lolcano Eruption posted:

Serious discussion time. What would be the socioeconomic impact be if the winner were to give every US citizen one million dollars?

Would the economy just crash? Extreme inflation? Or would it just behave as a giant economic stimulus package?

I think if I would win, I would do it, just as a social experiment. I'd throw the rest of the winnings in Swiss bank accounts in case the US economy shits itself, though.

i think the bigger effect would be from the death of all but 800 people in America

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

So I checked our balancing summary when I got to work yesterday, and people spent $20,056 at our store on lottery. That's more than my take-home annual pay after taxes, insurance, and 401K. :stare:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lolcano Eruption posted:

You're really good at math. You should buy more tickets.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I want in on this quadrillion dollar jackpot.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Lolcano Eruption posted:

VendaGoat posted:

You're really good at math. You should buy more tickets.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

If I win I am going to start a charity project to give like $1,000 in cash to homeless drug addicts.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Three Olives posted:

If I win I am going to start a charity project to give like $1,000 in cash to homeless drug addicts.

This is the most acceptable looking plot for killing the homeless that I've ever seen.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna run for president, and promise to give 1 million to everyone over 18 in america when I win.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Accretionist posted:

This is the most acceptable looking plot for killing the homeless that I've ever seen.

Don't let him fool you. He's just trying to legitimize his prostitution habit.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

boom boom boom posted:

i think the bigger effect would be from the death of all but 800 people in America

aw you're no fun

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Lolcano Eruption posted:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Lolcano Eruption posted:

lol

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Really makes you think.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Perfect

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

This popped up on my facebook too. Incredible.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Infidel Castro posted:

So I checked our balancing summary when I got to work yesterday, and people spent $20,056 at our store on lottery. That's more than my take-home annual pay after taxes, insurance, and 401K. :stare:

i lolled twice reading this post

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
CNN says that you should buy every ticket

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/11/news/powerball-jackpot-win-guarantee/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I checked that fool's account and he's backpedaling saying that it was a joke. Re-uploaded it with a picture of Steve Harvey over it.
What a tool.

• Locked thread