Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

We really need some dedicated Cyclops emoji, to express varying degrees of rightness.

Just to be clear, I don't mean forum smilies; I mean additions to the Unicode standard character set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Scott was 100% right on AvX.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Cylon was right.

By your command.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Cyclops has a better record of being right than Destiny does.

Re: smilies, not sure why our mod overlord hasn't made these compulsory for all BSS emoting:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Table flipping Bloodshot is the best.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Scott was 100% right on AvX.

Scott is never right.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Bloodshot is an eternal flame, baby.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If people listened to Scott the world would have been hosed, it was only through the unity of X-Men and Avenger that the world was saved. As with most comic events the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Seeing as Civil War 2 seems to be an extension of Bendis' Iron Man book(s) I think the person accused of murdering someone in the future will be Doom. Half the heroes will be "poo poo yeah he's going to murder someone, it's Doom. We better stop him now" while Iron Man with think that Doom as really turned over a new leaf and tries to defend him. That way Captain Marvel's side doesn't seem so unreasonable when they try and go after someone who hasn't done anything (yet).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Starsnostars posted:

Seeing as Civil War 2 seems to be an extension of Bendis' Iron Man book(s) I think the person accused of murdering someone in the future will be Doom. Half the heroes will be "poo poo yeah he's going to murder someone, it's Doom. We better stop him now" while Iron Man with think that Doom as really turned over a new leaf and tries to defend him. That way Captain Marvel's side doesn't seem so unreasonable when they try and go after someone who hasn't done anything (yet).

I'd be to down for this.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Where is Bloodsquirt?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Excuse me, that's clearly a breakfast table flying at Bloodshot's groin while he slamdances.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

We really need some dedicated Cyclops emoji, to express varying degrees of rightness.

Just to be clear, I don't mean forum smilies; I mean additions to the Unicode standard character set.
ヾ(⌐■_■)⇀⇀⇀⇀⇀⇀ t(-.-t)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Squizzle posted:

Excuse me, that's clearly a breakfast table flying at Bloodshot's groin while he slamdances.

It's also possibly his new crotch-mounted bacon and eggs deploying device.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

If people listened to Scott the world would have been hosed, it was only through the unity of X-Men and Avenger that the world was saved. As with most comic events the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Incorrect. Cyclops was right.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This Hitler did Nothing Wrong meme has gone way too far.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Incredible Hulk: The End might just be my favorite Marvel comicbook story ever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lurdiak posted:

This Hitler did Nothing Wrong meme has gone way too far.

Scott has never been wrong.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Starsnostars posted:

Seeing as Civil War 2 seems to be an extension of Bendis' Iron Man book(s)

Nice, this is what I wanted, my "good solo-hero Bendis title" to turn into a "good team Bendis title".

poo poo NO gently caress WAIT-

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
drat YOU MONKEYS PAWWWW

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

I use these on LINE on a daily basis, and I love them.

It's still weird for me to see Thor shout a japanese word in romaji, though. Nothing about that is right.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Someone on Neogaf claims to have read the script for the first issue of Civil War II

The precog is an Inhuman named Homer.

Captain Marvel starts using his abilities to stop crimes before they happen.

He predicts Thanos coming to Earth to go after a Cosmic Cube.

War Machine and She-Hulk die fighting Thanos.

Tony swears revenge on Carol for Rhodey's death.

She-Hulk's dieing words to Carol are to keep stopping pre-crime.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Dacap posted:

Someone on Neogaf claims to have read the script for the first issue of Civil War II

The precog is an Inhuman named Homer.

Captain Marvel starts using his abilities to stop crimes before they happen.

He predicts Thanos coming to Earth to go after a Cosmic Cube.

Tony swears revenge on Carol for Rhodey's death.

She-Hulk's dieing words to Carol are to keep stopping pre-crime.

No loving way those are the deaths. Two B listers?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

No loving way those are the deaths. Two B listers?

I could see Rhodey being killed, as that looks to match up with the movie

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dacap posted:

Don't worry Tony, he'll come back played by Don Cheadle.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

bobkatt013 posted:

I could see Rhodey being killed, as that looks to match up with the movie

She-Hulk has low movie potential too if they aren't doing Hulk movies. Both seem plausibly expendable to me

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They said it would be one hero murdering another so those spoilers are fake as hell.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

They said it would be one hero murdering another so those spoilers are fake as hell.

The real death will be Frog Man killing Speedball's cat, Niles.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Yeah plus She-Hulk, despite Soule's run ending way too brief, seems to have a bit too much momentum among some fans to just squander on a shock event.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I also have doubts that the script leaked.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The spoiler doesn't further gently caress either an X-Men or member of the F4 so I doubt it's real.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The spoiler doesn't further gently caress either an X-Men or member of the F4 so I doubt it's real.

Original Cyclops is going to come back just in time to be killed again in CW2.

He's also going to have the right opinion about pre-crimes.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

I also have doubts that the script leaked.

I have doubts that the script is more than a bunch of sentence fragments on the back of the envelope Bendis' electric bill came in, currently.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I guess you could point to the precog being an inhuman instead of using the mutant who already exists and has that power, but iirc that mutant is a really minor character anyway so whatever.

Also yeah that sounds fake as hell. Plus the defense attorney encouraging Marvel to use a precog to punish people for crimes they never did? I know they've already promised Marvel won't be tinpot Hitler about it, but She-Hulk is really not a good candidate for 'hero whose dying words are encouraging someone to violate civil liberties'.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She Hulk is too important to their lighter series like Howard and Hellcat for them to get rid of her in a brutal manner like that. It would kind of ruin the vibe of those books.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If the rumor was true I assume it would only be because She-Hulk would just start laughing her rear end off and listing ever single way that pre-crime ain't gonna stand up in court.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DrProsek posted:

Also yeah that sounds fake as hell. Plus the defense attorney encouraging Marvel to use a precog to punish people for crimes they never did? I know they've already promised Marvel won't be tinpot Hitler about it, but She-Hulk is really not a good candidate for 'hero whose dying words are encouraging someone to violate civil liberties'.

ImpAtom posted:

If the rumor was true I assume it would only be because She-Hulk would just start laughing her rear end off and listing ever single way that pre-crime ain't gonna stand up in court.

But on the other hand...She-Hulk is on Marvel's side in the preview image.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She-Hulk is on Carol's side according to the artwork. She probably places human life over the legal system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

WickedHate posted:

But on the other hand...She-Hulk is on Marvel's side in the preview image.

Codependent Poster posted:

She-Hulk is on Carol's side according to the artwork. She probably places human life over the legal system.

I could see her being on Marvel's side with some reservations/reminders to Marvel to remember to stay ethical. I was just saying she doesn't really work as the hero whose so strongly on the Minority Report side her dying words are "Everything you're doing is perfect, you keep doing you".

• Locked thread