Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Samovar posted:

...If she was Amish, how could she be driving?

quote:

'She's a very inexperienced driver,' Paoli Police Chief Randy Sanders said of Lambright explaining that she had left the Amish order a year or so ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

titties posted:

lol he got them to bring back Crystal Pepsi, a thing that nobody wanted in the 80's or now and he is having contests to give away all the Crystal Pepsi they shipped to him.

Which ran its course months ago and is now doing crappy vlogs on another channel.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

How can you not be confident in your abilities when driving a commercial vehicle? Are the requirements to get a license not a lot more rigorous than normal?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Inco posted:

She saw the sign that said "No semi trucks", knew she was in a semi truck, then proceeded anyway. When you understand proper signage, then ignore it, you deserve no sympathy at all.

As someone who works somewhere where i see hundreds of trucks a day, truckers will happily ignore any and every sign as long as they "think i can make it". Or get away with it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rysithusiku posted:

As someone who works somewhere where i see hundreds of trucks a day, truckers will happily ignore any and every sign as long as they "think i can make it". Or get away with it.

There's a whole website dedicated to one particular bridge with a fairly short clearance height that gets hit by trucks so often that it's a local joke. Someone set up two cameras constantly covering it just to catch all the crashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0

According to the site owner, a lot of the victims are people in rentals who don't know the clearance of their truck.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

chitoryu12 posted:

There's a whole website dedicated to one particular bridge with a fairly short clearance height that gets hit by trucks so often that it's a local joke. Someone set up two cameras constantly covering it just to catch all the crashes.

According to the site owner, a lot of the victims are people in rentals who don't know the clearance of their truck.

And most of the others probably don't require CDLs. If you're not carrying passengers or hazmats and the truck's less than 13 tons, you don't need a CDL.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
The Red Line viaduct on the north side of Chicago is pretty low and every couple of months, we'll hear about another truck that gets stuck under the bridge. There is definitely a sign that is accurate, but there are so many one-ways and traffic is almost always relatively terrible around there, I can see trucks just going and hoping its ok.

The bridge is posted at 11' 10", so 13' 6" is probably close enough.

This guy got a lot farther under.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Lemon posted:

How can you not be confident in your abilities when driving a commercial vehicle? Are the requirements to get a license not a lot more rigorous than normal?

There's nothing here that isn't funny: ex-Amish woman that can't do math destroys a historical bridge and notes her stupidity to the local news and identifies that her truck is okay just in case people were wondering if they can get anything from a lawsuit. Her license is gone, she's gonna be fired, and her place of business is probably going to get some backlash as well. This has to be the ultimate in schadenfreude, especially if the city sues to rebuild the bridge. Which they probably will. What would be more expensive: saving the old bridge or building a new one?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Eponine posted:

The Red Line viaduct on the north side of Chicago is pretty low and every couple of months, we'll hear about another truck that gets stuck under the bridge. There is definitely a sign that is accurate, but there are so many one-ways and traffic is almost always relatively terrible around there, I can see trucks just going and hoping its ok.

The bridge is posted at 11' 10", so 13' 6" is probably close enough.

Where did the Cadillac dealer go?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

There's nothing here that isn't funny: ex-Amish woman that can't do math destroys a historical bridge and notes her stupidity to the local news and identifies that her truck is okay just in case people were wondering if they can get anything from a lawsuit. Her license is gone, she's gonna be fired, and her place of business is probably going to get some backlash as well. This has to be the ultimate in schadenfreude, especially if the city sues to rebuild the bridge. Which they probably will. What would be more expensive: saving the old bridge or building a new one?

Paoli will probably want to rebuild, or at least salvage and build a replica. Quaint charm is pretty much all they've got.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Obligatory: http://11foot8.com/

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 21:29 on Jan 11, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Arrath posted:

As yes the old "If I go fast enough it's sure to work" rationale.
Well, if she were going 200mph in fairness it probably would have sheared the top of the truck off :v:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Maybe she was assuming that speed makes objects stretch out like warp-speed in Star Trek. After all, if you're used to a horse and buggy, 30 mph probably seems pretty drat fast.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rysithusiku posted:

The beauty of working across the street from a carrier is that I can tell you those people make super loving questionable decisions in their personal vehicles as well.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.
Here in Boston Storrow Drive is so infamous for semi trucks getting stuck/their tops ripped off that we've coined a term for it: Storrowing/Storrowed (some also say Storrowned). Storrowing happens all the time, but especially September 1st when all the college kids are driving moving trucks. There's signs all over warning about height restrictions, but people ignore them.

http://www.universalhub.com/topics/driving/storrowed?nocache=1

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs
A guy filmed his neighbours for 3 years and documents the crazy going on. The video starts off slow, but picks up speed into an amazing train wreck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmUm4Y8slW8

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

EduardoEspecial posted:

A guy filmed his neighbours for 3 years and documents the crazy going on. The video starts off slow, but picks up speed into an amazing train wreck.

This is AMAZING. Especially the epic of Junior. Also the evergrowing pile of old dogshit all over the place.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What is even the storyline to this?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0

Every time I see those videos of a truck hitting it while a train is screaming past on the top I just start going Nonononononononowhew

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Crossposting from the meme thread, of all places:

dumb. posted:

Rough time for this guy.

e: Aw man, it's fake. The schadenfreude is me.

Powered Descent has a new favorite as of 22:54 on Jan 11, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EduardoEspecial posted:

Wait, did someone commit suicide in this?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought that too but I am unsure. I'd prefer a full run down of what the heck is going on.

That and the checking under the car, are they checking for bombs or weed?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
It's where they're stashing their keys after parking.

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

Parts of that were hard to watch. THE DOGS! :gonk:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Remember when some idiot hipsters got their gourmet cereal shop trashed and were crying on twitter about it? They are coasting on death to raise brand awareness:

Somehow that schadenfreude got even better now.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Tide posted:

Every time I see those videos of a truck hitting it while a train is screaming past on the top I just start going Nonononononononowhew

The trucks don't hit the bridge itself. There's a bar in front of it.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Solice Kirsk posted:

Either that or was murdered and the rest of them cover it up.

There's a bang from inside the house, and then the footage is sped up. After about a minute-and-a-half a car pulls up and a woman gets out and goes to the door while someone else gets out of the driver's seat. The woman who went to the door immediately turns around and says that Junior shot himself in the head. Another woman comes out of the house and says the same thing while doing the panic dance. It did seem pretty strange to me that the car got there so quickly, and that the woman seemed to instantly know what happened without even going in (as far as I could tell).

At least I thought they said Junior, but at the very end of the video a woman is talking on the phone, and it sounds like she is talking to someone named Junior so maybe I misheard.

E: As far as the bumper thing goes, whoever made the video made sure to document only that for the first couple minutes of the video. Since the cars are already parked and nobody is getting out of the driver's seat before going under the bumper, I assume they are keeping rocks or meth in those hide-a-key things and they're grabbing some because someone made a buy / they just made a buy and are stashing their poo poo there.

titties has a new favorite as of 23:11 on Jan 11, 2016

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CompactFanny posted:

Yeah, christ. Chasing a little kid (who is screaming) around in the road and trapping him against a fence? Holy poo poo.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Maybe there is more than 1 junior?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

titties posted:

Either that or was murdered and the rest of them cover it up.

There's a bang from inside the house, and then the footage is sped up. After about a minute-and-a-half a car pulls up and a woman gets out and goes to the door while someone else gets out of the driver's seat. The woman who went to the door immediately turns around and says that Junior shot himself in the head. Another woman comes out of the house and says the same thing while doing the panic dance. It did seem pretty strange to me that the car got there so quickly, and that the woman seemed to instantly know what happened without even going in (as far as I could tell). Another woman comes out of the house and says the same thing while doing the panic dance.

At least I thought they said Junior, but at the very end of the video a woman is talking on the phone, and it sounds like she is talking to someone named Junior so maybe I misheard.

The videos aren't in chronological order.
Junior got capped in February 2014, while the last video is August 2013.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CompactFanny posted:

MERRY loving CHRISTMAS TO YOUR MOM!

(I had some really bad neighbors that just moved out a couple of months ago. These guys make them seem sane and normal.)

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I got way too into the Saga of Crazy Neighbors.

Here is a chronologically ordered video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqA276KEbc8

Junior killed himself apparently playing Russian Roulette in the house. The next day you can see them getting into a fight about whose fault it was.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EduardoEspecial posted:

I keep skipping around and every time I randomly pick a new section, there's something even crazier than last time going on.

titties
May 10, 2012

Eponine posted:

I got way too into the Saga of Crazy Neighbors.

Here is a chronologically ordered video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqA276KEbc8

Junior killed himself apparently playing Russian Roulette in the house. The next day you can see them getting into a fight about whose fault it was.

That whole argument / fistfight makes more sense now. It's not even the next day, it's about 4 hours later according to the timestamp. The first car to show up hadn't been moved at all.

I assume that the guy that Junior was threatening with the gun the day before was sleeping with Junior's girlfriend, which is why the fistfighting, "WHAT'S UP NIGGA" white guy was blaming her.

Also I found no joy in that video.

titties has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Jan 12, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I randomly skipped to a day where suddenly one of the guys walks out at someone with a hoodie skulking around his truck, and he just points a gun at him. I was absolutely sure I was about to see a murder right there on the camera.

Instead, I skipped to the point where it's quiet at night and suddenly BANG!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The guy with the gun in that clip is the one that supposedly killed himself playing Russian roulette.

titties
May 10, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

The guy with the gun in that clip is the one that supposedly killed himself playing Russian roulette.

That part is pretty obvious since they both call him Junior when he threatens the guy by pointing the gun at him, and then when he shoots himself in the head they say "Junior shot himself in the head".

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus christ. How do people end up with lives like that?

Really have to wonder what a lot of that shooting was about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Why did none of those clips involve the police? :(