Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Doesn't he tell Dee to tell Frank?

Charlie: Okay, here's the plan. Give this to Frank. Tell him G-sharp. Then you got to paint him head to toe in black.
Dee: Why would I do any of that?
Charlie: Dee, just do it, okay? Just do it, you goddamn bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The best part of that episode, for me, was the payoff with the stool. He spends the whole episode just seemingly randomly banging the stool on the ground and then Dee sits on it.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Dennis lying about the stool kills me every time.

You know, I think I did. Yeah, I did!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I hope that Charlie ended up getting credit for it, after a lengthy arbitration process of course.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 11, 2016

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
I don't know why people expect everything to resolve somehow. I love Dennis just being constantly crazy and susceptible to hilarious breakdown:

Really, why do I need more than this or an explanation for it? It's already perfect.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
They gave Charlie Wormhat and a chicken w teeth and a new stick for bashing. He's doing alright! And a spa day and spaghetti!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

I don't know why people expect everything to resolve somehow. I love Dennis just being constantly crazy and susceptible to hilarious breakdown:

Really, why do I need more than this or an explanation for it? It's already perfect.

But, it doesn't represent him! So JUST DON'T AIR IT

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

InfiniteZero posted:

I just rewatched the comedy tour episode and watching Dennis' reaction to it all being a setup was hilarious. He can not handle other people in control

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

I've rewatched 10 like 4 times over since it was put on Netflix and I don't know why I didn't like the Wade Boggs episode at first. It's loving hilarious.

May he rest in peace.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

I've rewatched 10 like 4 times over since it was put on Netflix and I don't know why I didn't like the Wade Boggs episode at first. It's loving hilarious.

The part where dee hallucinates and then growls out "yyyyou got it boss hoggggg" to the couple in the seats next to her

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

I think you mean the Boss Hogg episode.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

many johnnys posted:

The part where dee hallucinates and then growls out "yyyyou got it boss hoggggg" to the couple in the seats next to her

The part where Dennis takes the Desert Trash girl down to the plane's storage area to bang, she says "You're weird" and he replies "You have no idea."

Dennis is teetering on the edge of reveling in being Fringe class just like Frank, but is still in denial about who he really is. He just needs a little push, then he can start getting real weird with it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

The part where Dennis takes the Desert Trash girl down to the plane's storage area to bang, she says "You're weird" and he replies "You have no idea."

the fact that he films every woman he's ever had sex with and keeps the VHS and orders them by a 5 star ranking system, and that the rest of the gang knows about it and is just kind of "whatever" about it has got to be one of the longest running plot points. it came up in mac bangs the waitress and the dennis system and thundergun and probably more and the rest of the gang is indifferent to it at worst.

of course mac and frank are 100% complicit in his methods because they get to swim in his wake, so it's not like they have room to judge.

edit: oh my god and it ruined the scheme of the dinner for schmucks rich boy because he and mac were oiling each other down in dennis' room. that was amazing.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

The right cola for closure.

Man with that tag line the last shot of the show pretty much has to heavily feature a Wolf Cola can

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

RC Cola posted:

He can not handle other people in control

The pained look he gets in "The Gang Gets A New Member" when Schmitty tells Mac and Frank they can order whatever they'd like is great too ...

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Depths posted:

Seinfeld ended with everyone in jail so i assume sunny ends with everyone dead

The camera pans across the bodies of the gang, slaughtered in the bar by the dozens of people they've hosed over in the last decade and a half. Frank's head leans up slightly and he takes a bite from a sausage in his shirt pocket. Credits roll.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sometimes things just sort of... end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

InfiniteZero posted:

The pained look he gets in "The Gang Gets A New Member" when Schmitty tells Mac and Frank they can order whatever they'd like is great too ...

Then Frank controls what Charlie eats. No beak.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Sometimes things just sort of... end.

The show ends with the Gang finding out it was all part of a Turtle's dream in outer space.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

InfiniteZero posted:

That's my favorite scene in the whole series, it tells us so much.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I love all the side comments that happen sometimes. In Chardee MacDennis they talk about emotionally battering Dee and they say "Yeah, I think she tried to kill herself." "She did, I saw it." Then in Charlie Work they say "Dennis did you do that?" "Yeah I think I did do that." "I think I remember that." And in the gang broke Dee, Dennis freaks out about not being in the plan and storms out and Mac says "He might go kill himself."

Edit: Are there any bad episodes of this show? With some shows, there are episodes that I just won't go back and watch because I don't like them. I'll go through a show and watch my favorites, then start getting into some that are ok and then I'll get desperate and watch some mildly bad ones. But there's always a few that I just won't watch. I don't know if Always Sunny has that. I've been going through on Netflix and haven't found any I didn't like. There were some that I was hesitant to watch because the description was bad. I watch them and realize they are hilarious. Season 1 isn't as strong but I don't think any of them are so bad they are unwatchable.

I also just realized that in season 5, Dee arranges to be a surrogate mother but that doesn't actually happen til Season 6. That explains why I didn't remember her talking about it just like the gang.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 11, 2016

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

So this turned up in my facebook feed:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cojawfee posted:

Edit: Are there any bad episodes of this show?

The only episode that seems to regularly come up as a "bad" one is the one with Frank's brother. I like that episode :shobon:

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Charlie: "Why did the elf have no pants on?"
Frank: "I didn't say the elf had no pants on."
Charlie: "Oh. I might have added something in my brain there at the end. I've had a very strange day."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Edit: Are there any bad episodes of this show? With some shows, there are episodes that I just won't go back and watch because I don't like them. I'll go through a show and watch my favorites, then start getting into some that are ok and then I'll get desperate and watch some mildly bad ones. But there's always a few that I just won't watch. I don't know if Always Sunny has that. I've been going through on Netflix and haven't found any I didn't like. There were some that I was hesitant to watch because the description was bad. I watch them and realize they are hilarious. Season 1 isn't as strong but I don't think any of them are so bad they are unwatchable.

I also just realized that in season 5, Dee arranges to be a surrogate mother but that doesn't actually happen til Season 6. That explains why I didn't remember her talking about it just like the gang.

I think the characters in this show are strong enough that even in an episode with a weak premise, you can have great character moments which redeem the episode. Like The Great Recession is pretty non-memorable, I don't think it would ever show up on a top ten list for this show, but it has Frank trying to hang himself so it kind of evens out.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The great recession has Paddy's Dollars and the entire bit where Dennis forgets he actually came up with the plan, and Frank's second suicide attempt after cutting his thumb is incredible. Also "You're lucky I'm a resilient man!- you tried killing yourself twice today", "we're crab people now".

Sounds pretty memorable to me but otoh I'm obsessed with this show so, whatever.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
We're crab people!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The great recession has Paddy's Dollars and the entire bit where Dennis forgets he actually came up with the plan, and Frank's second suicide attempt after cutting his thumb is incredible. Also "You're lucky I'm a resilient man!- you tried killing yourself twice today", "we're crab people now".

Sounds pretty memorable to me but otoh I'm obsessed with this show so, whatever.

But that's precisely what I mean- every episode that someone can bring up as an example of a bad episode is filled with great moments like that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

But that's precisely what I mean- every episode that someone can bring up as an example of a bad episode is filled with great moments like that.

That's what I was thinking. There are some episodes that aren't great but they always have some kind of interesting character stuff.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I cannot abide having the episode in which the following exchange takes place be described as 'not great'

quote:

Dennis: Break down what I'm holding in my hand, right now.
Mac: Uh, that is a Dave & Busters power card.
Dennis: Yeah. Now - does your Dave & Busters card work at any other similar establishments, like say a TGI Fridays?
Mac: Mine does not. Believe me, I have tried. Several locations.
Dennis: Yeah, because if you recall I've actually been with you on many of those occasions where you tried
Mac: Right. I don't think I've tried it enough.
Dennis: I think you have, because clearly at this point you should have realized that it doesn't work anywhere else.
Mac: There's one out in Franklin Mills I haven't tried, I feel like it might work.

It's also the episode that has Uncle Jack reminiscing with Charlie about their 'wrestling'. It's a top tier episode imo.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I think the hardest I've laughed at a line/conversation during a first viewing was Dennis's speech about getting off in that mistaken identity one and Dee just quietly is like "I don't know...". They already got off to a good start with "boom I got your wallet" and follow up with that, Dennis when he gets into full creep mode is hilarious.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Electromax posted:

I think the hardest I've laughed at a line/conversation during a first viewing was Dennis's speech about getting off in that mistaken identity one and Dee just quietly is like "I don't know...". They already got off to a good start with "boom I got your wallet" and follow up with that, Dennis when he gets into full creep mode is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SliRFVLdhjs&t=93s

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There's an interesting dynamic in Mac and Dennis Break Up. Dennis can only function with support from Mac. He completely shuts down and doesn't know how to live without Mac there.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I cannot abide having the episode in which the following exchange takes place be described as 'not great'

It's also the episode that has Uncle Jack reminiscing with Charlie about their 'wrestling'. It's a top tier episode imo.

See, I was trying to pull an episode that was unmemorable, I knew that it was the Dave and Buster's episode and it had the "we're crab people" line, but I completely forgot about these moments and "I feel like that's wrong, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it." It's fantastic, I can't pick any episode as better than any other because I love them all too much.

Charlie says that if he had to share a room with Uncle Jack, he'd have to stay up all night like when he tried to share the room as kids. Uncle Jack is the Nightman theory smoking gun.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, that ending.
Dennis: Uhhhhh, you guys don't think you're going to Dave and Busters, do you?
:allears:

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 11, 2016

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Cojawfee posted:

Edit: Are there any bad episodes of this show?

There are a few episodes I remember not liking, but maybe people here can remind me of the good parts. I remember being really bored by Frank's Brother and Charlie's Mom Has Cancer. And I felt like rear end Kickers United didn't fit with the rest of the series, tonally.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The poo poo these people have gotten away with on TV is amazing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cojawfee posted:

There's an interesting dynamic in Mac and Dennis Break Up. Dennis can only function with support from Mac. He completely shuts down and doesn't know how to live without Mac there.

It shows up again in "The Gang Dines out". It's been implied in a couple of episodes that Mac and Dennis are basically dating.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Frank's Brother is the only episode I consistently skip anytime I make a run through the show, but even that episode has a bright spot in Dennis noting that everyone is a lot fatter than expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Lord Krangdar posted:

There are a few episodes I remember not liking, but maybe people here can remind me of the good parts. I remember being really bored by Frank's Brother and Charlie's Mom Has Cancer. And I felt like rear end Kickers United didn't fit with the rest of the series, tonally.

I also generally disliked rear end Kickers, it was really a bit of a mess of an episode with too many unfunny stretches, dunno what's up with that one.