Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Conall posted:

Gotta listen to that. The latest regular was just sad with the whole "My friend is a homeopath and..." bullshit. Dave did a smooth job steering away from that fast.

I love when you can start telling Dave is getting annoyed with a guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

Is this the 'Our Debut Album' thing on the site? I didn't even know it was out. Thanks for the heads up

Missed a step by not calling it Song Imploder.

Also, you could tell it was going to be amazing from the moment Graham wrote down "Country Werewolf"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

GoutPatrol posted:

I love when you can start telling Dave is getting annoyed with a guest.

Oh, Dave's absolute contempt for certain guests and lines of conversation are pretty easily the best part of the show. Them getting along with a guest and having a grand old time, your Alicia Tobins and Charlie Demerses and so on, are great, don't get me wrong. But Dave just not having the patience to deal with someone he doesn't care for take a potentially bad episode and makes it pretty great.

e: I wish Scott Aukerman would show open contempt for his guests more often.

Conall
Oct 8, 2015

SpacePig posted:

Oh, Dave's absolute contempt for certain guests and lines of conversation are pretty easily the best part of the show. Them getting along with a guest and having a grand old time, your Alicia Tobins and Charlie Demerses and so on, are great, don't get me wrong. But Dave just not having the patience to deal with someone he doesn't care for take a potentially bad episode and makes it pretty great.

e: I wish Scott Aukerman would show open contempt for his guests more often.

Do you have any good episodes/guests that are like that offhand?

I haven't really noticed Dave doing this until 404, but it seemed like he disliked a few things she said throughout the episode. Which is funny since he joked about trying to keep her off the show in the intro.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

I just found the Rosenthal and Jeselnik Vanity Project and it has become one of my favorites. If you know anything about Anthony Jeselnik, it will be weird to think of him doing a podcast for the NFL, but it really works.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I love it. It's so good even though the constant censoring goes against the last 25 brilliant minutes of his latest special. I think I can look past it because A. It's become a running joke and B. I feel like the only reason he's fine censoring himself is because he's doing a podcast with his childhood friend.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Conall posted:

Gotta listen to that. The latest regular was just sad with the whole "My friend is a homeopath and..." bullshit. Dave did a smooth job steering away from that fast.
I read your comment and was prepared to dislike it but thought it was pretty good actually!

I didn't think Dave was that upset in the episode. SPY only gets unfunny or weird with guests who are super shy / young / not good at improvising, who need to constantly be prodded with questions like "did you ever ___?" or "when did you last ___?".

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I love it. It's so good even though the constant censoring goes against the last 25 brilliant minutes of his latest special. I think I can look past it because A. It's become a running joke and B. I feel like the only reason he's fine censoring himself is because he's doing a podcast with his childhood friend.

I've listened to the Andy Dalton/J J Watt bit so many times. I really hope this keeps going even after the season is over.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This week's SPY is excellent. Abby is always a great guest but the real gem is the Secret Santa, Dave's coupons always nail it and Graham always comes up with the best gifts. The subscription to Sheep Magazine is so weird and stupid and great

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

RanchoRube posted:

I just found the Rosenthal and Jeselnik Vanity Project and it has become one of my favorites. If you know anything about Anthony Jeselnik, it will be weird to think of him doing a podcast for the NFL, but it really works.
Thanks for the heads up. I liked a lot of parts but the parts where Jeselnik does his own raps cracked me up the hardest I think.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Conall posted:

Do you have any good episodes/guests that are like that offhand?

Alison Agosti's episode would fit this. Dave seems to get annoyed with Jon Dore pretty often (so do I).

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I will never be annoyed with Jon Dore as long as I live in a world where this exists.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

The Berzerker posted:

I will never be annoyed with Jon Dore as long as I live in a world where this exists.

Now that I have a voice to put to the guy, I know that the guy I was trying to think of was John Dore. Dave gets sick of his shtick so quickly, and doesn't even attempt to hide it. I love it. I might have to listen to his most recent episode later, because now I really want to hear some frustrated Dave.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Just listen to the really old one where Dore farts on the microphone and keeps burping, Dave is laughing and is also so mad. A+

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Wasn't Jon Dore the one who called his sister, who he had prompted beforehand to say that she had a miscarriage? Dave was super pissed about that one too. Pretty amazing.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
She's a comedian too, although I'm not as familiar with her work - Jon was a regular at the Ottawa new talent standup nights I grew up with.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I Wish I Was a Meadow is an amazing poem.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

There's new Thrilling Adventure Hour content out there, with some music, and an appearance by two CBB characters, Ho Ho the Naughty Elf and PFT's version of Santa Claus. They also said that there's a new Beyond Belief coming here in the near future!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Does anyone know what song is played at the end of the latest CBB? (Best of 2015, Part 3) Shazam didn't turn up anything.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
Wasn't it the in-studio version of Never Meant by American Football?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Who was the SPY guest which at the end of the episode Dave goes "and thanks for ______ for joining us for the very last time" or something like that?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Probably Jon Dore

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Might've been Chris Gordon, actually.

quote:

In his final appearance on the show, Chris Gordon returns to talk muscular children, funky boots, and Pinnochio.

e: On the subject of SPY, does anyone remember which episode it was where Dave sings Uptown Funk, but with the phrase "Michelle Pfeiffer's Pig Hole"?

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 30, 2015

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

SousaphoneColossus posted:

Wasn't it the in-studio version of Never Meant by American Football?

I believe that's it. Thanks!

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

RJVP doing reviews for Concussion had me in tears. This is definitely my favorite podcast right now.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Every time I start thinking about giving up on Mike & Tom Eat Snacks ever coming back and deleting it from my subscriptions, they come back from the brink with a hot, new ep.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The final ep of Dead Authors goes off the rails and its great

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Drunkboxer posted:

The final ep of Dead Authors goes off the rails and its great

So is the Sagan handoff thing not happening?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ChickenArise posted:

I guess not. PFT said that in the future it would be just pay to download, so it's not totally final just not free or regularly released anymore I guess

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Dead Authors should be a late night interview style tv show.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ChickenArise posted:

I always thought that that was just someone's misunderstanding repeated as fact, and that Gourley was only taking over that one episode.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Drunkboxer posted:

I guess not. PFT said that in the future it would be just pay to download, so it's not totally final just not free or regularly released anymore I guess
A Superego member saying "oh yeah, I'll totally make more of these when I find some time" is about as final as it gets.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Today's RJVP sure was something.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I'm part of this improv group that does improvised 1940s improv scifi radio. The theater we perform at just posted our most recent performance on their podcast.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-41-x-plus-one-improvised/id451493890?i=361798032&mt=2 (episode 41)

We definitely need to work on the speaking into the mics more but its a fun show to do.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

Piquai Souban posted:

I am ashamed that it took me at least 10 minutes to get it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Has anyone given Greg berhendt and Bob forrests new podcast? Is it serious time discussions or more comedy?

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
They're both high energy, so it's not like it's dour, but they get on to some pretty heavy topics pretty fast. A lot of addiction talk. His other new podcast, the live monthly one, is pretty fun.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Piquai Souban posted:

Probably the best podcast episode ever released.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if anyone used to listen to "It's That Episode" with Craig Rowen, but it's back today. Essentially, Craig watches and a guest watch an episode of a TV show and then they talk about it and really whatever tangent comes up. Most if not all of the guests are Craig's improv/comedy friends such as Jon Gabrus, Ben Schwartz, Middleditch, etc. A little bit of everybody. Especially early on when Craig lived in NY and had a lot of local UCB people on. Overall its a pretty good podcast a little hit or miss at times but good for some nostalgia at least.

The latest episode tackles the famous Arnold gets molested episode of Diff'rent Strokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

New Walking the Room is out and it's good.

• Locked thread