Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bakalakadaka posted:

Dos Equis runes?!?!?!

Yes, you get a free beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Since it's free grace time, I decided to make some progress on my Evie and fought Muir for the first time. Holy crap I cannot believe how fun it is to zip around with Blink and keep smacking him while he can barely touch me. It took a while because of my crappy gear, but I managed to beat him without even using any pots or graces. Then I got to the point where I had to knock him off the ledge and it only took three tries. It felt really drat good to finish him off with so little fuss.

In conclusion: Wizards are actually... good?!?!?!?!?

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 10, 2016

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I'm starting to get a little pissed off in S2 raids. These loving asswipes that are booting people off the boats because they're not a level 90 with 30k attack. Three different times I jumped on a boat for story mode Bark#1 and was kicked( repeatedly on one) for no goddamned reason.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Farking Bastage posted:

I'm starting to get a little pissed off in S2 raids. These loving asswipes that are booting people off the boats because they're not a level 90 with 30k attack. Three different times I jumped on a boat for story mode Bark#1 and was kicked( repeatedly on one) for no goddamned reason.

You know we were just talking about how on EAST we never see this anymore. Are you on EAST? If so let me know cause I am sure I can round up some people to run S2 Raid train. ::)

ArchWizard posted:

Since it's free grace time, I decided to make some progress on my Evie and fought Muir for the first time. Holy crap I cannot believe how fun it is to zip around with Blink and keep smacking him while he can barely touch me. It took a while because of my crappy gear, but I managed to beat him without even using any pots or graces. Then I got to the point where I had to knock him off the ledge and it only took three tries. It felt really drat good to finish him off with so little fuss.

In conclusion: Wizards are actually... good?!?!?!?!?

I am minorly bitter that Lawn is about to get nerfed back to earth, while Scythie will remain king-poo poo DPS

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You know we were just talking about how on EAST we never see this anymore. Are you on EAST? If so let me know cause I am sure I can round up some people to run S2 Raid train. ::)

No you won't find anyone we're all busy afking for free garbage.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

No you won't find anyone we're all busy afking for free garbage.

Hey now -- I can sweet talk Henne, Teeth, Koffee and usually Bread into almost anything.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am minorly bitter that Lawn is about to get nerfed back to earth, while Scythie will remain king-poo poo DPS

I am on east. Alkiehaulic

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Farking Bastage posted:

I am on east. Alkiehaulic

I will never remember that so send a friend request to: Jesselyin and Grindr

I am prolly gonna be on my Hoagie more, RIP Lawn.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Funny you mention Scythe. I'm learning Staff now for that reason.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hey now -- I can sweet talk Henne, Teeth, Koffee and usually Bread into almost anything.

I like how well my nicknames for people stick.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Seriously?!

Seriously? I have 15k with a +10 70 weapon FFS. People do need to level ya know

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Farking Bastage posted:

It's 3x as worse when I see it on S2 raid trains over mega :btroll:

I have 14k on my Sylas with +8 PH WITH a DP scroll.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

what got me was.. that's not even a raid

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Farking Bastage posted:

what got me was.. that's not even a raid
My guess is that they're farming for loot, so they want to go as fast as possible.

It's a shame you don't have someone like West server's BattleLore. He hosts 70-80 raids with ATT maximums and carries the people who join. Nice guy. I think he even wears a Santa outfit while he does it.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 12, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

Seriously?!

Misty summit sucks for exp anyway, it and moonlight peak are the worst S2 battles for EXP. 70-80 raids are like 500k each and 15k is just fine for them, you might even get money! Or if you really want to grind then do Autumn Reed Bed if you're 75+. If you aren't up to S3 then finish your quests because you get a shitload of exp from the story battles in S2.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Nine loving pages and no pictures or gifs of a loving bear being decapitated. This thread is poo poo.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyzsjXB_ntM

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Is there a way to get through a story mode S2 raid without having to host it? I think my upstream at home is .5mbps

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

Is there a way to get through a story mode S2 raid without having to host it? I think my upstream at home is .5mbps

You can run them on easy (you miss out on the bonus xp but they are comically easy) or hope to find someone else hosting.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

And also use Multicore.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

I applied for Lion Heart on East with the name WobbleTiddy. Help me get the most out of this game for the possibly short while I'll have interest?

EDIT: nevermind, uninstalled the game, it's just not that fun :/ I just spent 10 minutes running back and forth in the town from the same places talking to bland people where I just click through the story, battles aren't interesting enough to be worth the time I spend in them, which is all of five minutes. Please disregard my application, thanks!

phourniner fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 13, 2016

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

phourniner posted:

EDIT: nevermind, uninstalled the game, it's just not that fun :/ I just spent 10 minutes running back and forth in the town from the same places talking to bland people where I just click through the story, battles aren't interesting enough to be worth the time I spend in them, which is all of five minutes. Please disregard my application, thanks!

It's OK the game is fashion sim with RNG elements.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Anime princess dress up with sides of monster punching, grinding, and bifurcated bears.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Anime princess dress up with sides of monster punching, grinding, and bifurcated bears.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The Karok revamp is almost here.

General:
  • Karok does more damage
  • Karok takes less damage
  • More SP gain while hitting stuff
  • Less stamina consumption while hitting stuff
  • More ranks for Clash, Boss Bash, and Grapple Mastery
  • Every Karok gets a super-duper skill reset capsule
Pillar:
Cestus:
  • A new skill called Weaving lets you basically no-sell an incoming attack (didn't Karok already have that? I could have sworn I saw it in an early trailer video)
  • A new skill called Brutal Flurry that turns the punching up to 12 and lets you beat on a dude until your stamina runs out

Alas, this update comes with a severe gently caress You to all the players: Season 2 is no longer for noobs, scrubs, choggs, bloufs, or turrs.

quote:

Season 2 Improvements
While Season 3 has been the big story for the last few months, it's high time for Season 2 to get a second look. With the Karok Unleashed update, Season 2 will be overhauled from an area for level 50-70 characters and will now cater to characters between levels 70 and 90, with improved rewards, increased difficulty and more. Characters below Level 70 will be unable to enter Season 2 missions, so get up there if you want to keep exploring the islands around Malina!

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 15, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I hope they keep easy mode in s2 for ap farming :ohdear:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Welp, I was thinking of checking this out again (I looked at it briefly a few years ago) but the client whines at me about some secondary password... that can't actually be set through the Nexon website, and 5 minutes of googling fails to show the solution.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Welp, I was thinking of checking this out again (I looked at it briefly a few years ago) but the client whines at me about some secondary password... that can't actually be set through the Nexon website, and 5 minutes of googling fails to show the solution.

Basically you click on the secondary password button and it'll let you set it after the prompt.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alder posted:

Basically you click on the secondary password button and it'll let you set it after the prompt.

The one in my email just sends me to my Nexon account page, and I can't set poo poo there.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

ArchWizard posted:

Alas, this update comes with a severe gently caress You to all the players: Season 2 is no longer for noobs, scrubs, choggs, bloufs, or turrs.

What the entire gently caress? So new players are stuck with Season 1 content all the way until they hit 70? gently caress that noise.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

TheRagamuffin posted:

What the entire gently caress? So new players are stuck with Season 1 content all the way until they hit 70? gently caress that noise.

After the revamp of S1 quests it's not really unreasonable to hit 70 by the time you finish them (at which point you get to be brutalized by the soon to be even harder S2 quests :getin:)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

You can easily hit 70 just finishing S1.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
But giving people less choice in the content they are able to do at any given time is always a bad thing and it's especially bad when a game already asks you to repeat so much of the same as this one does. They could have added another tier of difficulty on top of the existing ones instead of just upping the level on it.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I have yet more news about my least favorite solo boss, Muir. I was reading yet another thread on the Vindi forums about how much everybody hates Muir and I learned a tidbit: His weakpoint is not on his back. It turns out it's actually on the back of his right leg. If you aim for that, you can flinch him fairly consistently. Getting him into position to get knocked off the ledge without getting knocked off yourself is still hard with certain characters, but at least I no longer flail at his back and get mad because it's not affecting him.

Morglon posted:

But giving people less choice in the content they are able to do at any given time is always a bad thing and it's especially bad when a game already asks you to repeat so much of the same as this one does. They could have added another tier of difficulty on top of the existing ones instead of just upping the level on it.
Season 2 battles have had Hero mode tabs on them for years, so I think this is what they intended to do from the beginning. I guess they changed their mind around the same time they decided to remove the 8-29 and 30-49 difficulties.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 18, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The worst part of Muir is when you're flinching him but he isn't moving.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's a +1 raids and bonus EXP/AP event going on this weekend. This is a good time to level up some alts so they won't be shut out of the new Season 2 or the next bingo event.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

We're going to get Battle Priest and Battle Nun outfits soon. I don't care. I only want the Battle Rabbi outfit.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

We're going to get Battle Priest and Battle Nun outfits soon. I don't care. I only want the Battle Rabbi outfit.

loving FINALLY

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

loving FINALLY
Karok Revamp and the new outfits are coming tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm glad I'm working so I'm not sitting at my PC f5ing all day.