Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pick posted:

Horseshoe Crab Conservation Fund and I already donate but I could donate more if I won

If you gave a million bucks would they name something after you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

how much would it cost to buy trump tower and rename it 'rump tower'

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

America's largest gathering of artisanal sock puppets. That's all I'm saying.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

MiracleWhale posted:

what if the prize were the satisfaction of a job well done

lol if you don't already have this every day

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

blugu64 posted:

lol if you don't already have this every day

your mom is hard to please

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
gently caress giving to charity. With that type of money you could start your own charity.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Germstore posted:

gently caress giving to charity. With that type of money you could start your own charity.

Non-profits are great tax shelters and you can even pretend to help poors!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Germstore posted:

gently caress giving to charity.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
ok i've been running a few iterations of the powerball simulator that was posted earlier. http://powerball-simulator.com/

if you select max speed the sim seem to run at about one year per second.

sim1 is using quick pick numbers and hit a million bux after 625 years. it's now at 35.5K years and has hit $10K 11 times but nothing bigger.

sim2 i picked the numbers and it's been running for 22.5K years and is a poor performer giving only 10K twice.

sim3 i started a few minutes ago and picked clown option 1 2 3 4 5 and powerball 6 and it hit a million in 52.4 years (less than a minute of sim time).

i'm suspicious of the RNG in this thing :raise:

also i was thinking about blowing 2bux on the next drawing but these simulations are really showing how futile the whole thing is so maybe i'll just buy a cookie instead.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Three Olives posted:

I think I will buy something that some people really, really love like a comic book store and liquidate it's assets.

did u get tired of guys liquidating in ur asset

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I plan on buying a beautiful piece of wooded property, maybe a park and paving it as a discount car park.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

soy posted:

Non-profits are great tax shelters and you can even pretend to help poors!

So are sports franchises. The intangible assets involved in the purchase (which is a huge percentage of the total value) are tax deductible over like a decade. :ssh:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I will buy all the tickets to the midnight showings of the next Star Wars movie and give them out to the biggest fans but right before the movie comes on I will have someone get out and say they have to make a special announcement and they spoil the movie.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

If you gave a million bucks would they name something after you?

maybe a crab

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

kindermord posted:

ok i've been running a few iterations of the powerball simulator that was posted earlier. http://powerball-simulator.com/

if you select max speed the sim seem to run at about one year per second.

sim1 is using quick pick numbers and hit a million bux after 625 years. it's now at 35.5K years and has hit $10K 11 times but nothing bigger.

sim2 i picked the numbers and it's been running for 22.5K years and is a poor performer giving only 10K twice.

sim3 i started a few minutes ago and picked clown option 1 2 3 4 5 and powerball 6 and it hit a million in 52.4 years (less than a minute of sim time).

i'm suspicious of the RNG in this thing :raise:

also i was thinking about blowing 2bux on the next drawing but these simulations are really showing how futile the whole thing is so maybe i'll just buy a cookie instead.

this owns, i'm at 50 years and have only gotten up to 3 winning numbers so far lmao

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Three Olives, why do all your plans involve making people miserable? Isn't your posting enough?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Germstore posted:

Three Olives, why do all your plans involve making people miserable? Isn't your posting enough?

You can't compress evil into a condo, it needs to spread.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

Hide your identity by picking up your winnings in a burka and say you will be donating all but $10M to Al Jazeera, "Allahu Akbar" and you are out.

Hell, I wear a burka every day since it helps combat Islamophobia and subverts gender norms at the same time. I'm very forward thinking.

NE way, if I win the lotto, I'll hire Mr. Bungle to play the greatest hits of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, record it and then spread the tracks all over the internet in the hope that, eventually, the versions of the songs I recorded replace the originals in people's minds. I just think it would be funny.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'd probably go somewhere where money can really influence local elections and become some regional political kingmaker and grift my way from several hundred million to billions. Possibly get into construction, architecture & engineering and get myself no bid contracts, etc.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Three Olives posted:

I think I will buy something that some people really, really love like a comic book store and liquidate it's assets.

Why not a hospital? Buy it, kick everyone out, then burn the fucker to the ground while cackling and furiously masturbating.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Three Olives posted:

I will buy all the tickets to the midnight showings of the next Star Wars movie and give them out to the biggest fans but right before the movie comes on I will have someone get out and say they have to make a special announcement and they spoil the movie.

Offer Bernie Sanders fifty million dollars to drop out of the election.

naem
May 29, 2011

Pick posted:

I bought some tickets, if I win I'll help my friends and donate money to horseshoe crabs :downs:

I'll buy everyone in America a horseshoe crab

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Open an extremely litigious payday/title loan business in the poorest part of town.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

kindermord posted:

That powerball simulator is old and broken. The odds are different now and the grand prize will likely give 10-30 times more than $40,000,000 by Wednesday night. If you have infinite $$$ and infinite time you 100% want to play now.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Ork of Fiction posted:

NE way, if I win the lotto, I'll hire Mr. Bungle to play the greatest hits of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, record it and then spread the tracks all over the internet in the hope that, eventually, the versions of the songs I recorded replace the originals in people's minds. I just think it would be funny.

I would just hire Mr. Bungle to play Mr. Bungle. That would be sweet.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
if they have over a billion dollars why is the website so lovely?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If you really wanted to be a dick you could go into a real small town and buy out all the commercial property and shut it down then pay off the a chunk of the city council so rezoning public or residential area takes years.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

if they have over a billion dollars why is the website so lovely?

I was bummed to inspect the scrolling text and see it wasn't an original html marquee tag.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I'm going to fund whale research. In Japan.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Three Olives posted:

I'm going to fund whale harpoon research. In Japan.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

That's what he said, yeah

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Three Olives posted:

I'm going to fund whale research. In Japan.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If I win I am going to hire Miss America to be my official rear end-wiper.

I don't even know who she is, but I know I can find her price.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

GORDON posted:

If I win I am going to hire Miss America to be my official rear end-wiper.

I don't even know who she is, but I know I can find her price.

If I win I am going to hire you to be my official rear end-wiper.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Germstore posted:

If I win I am going to hire you to be my official rear end-wiper.

I have my price.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
drawing is on wednesday right?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Ork of Fiction posted:

I'll hire Mr. Bungle to play the greatest hits of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, record it and then spread the tracks all over the internet in the hope that, eventually, the versions of the songs I recorded replace the originals in people's minds. I just think it would be funny.

unironically quality post, sir

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

how much would it cost to blow up the moon

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I'm going to build an anti-homeless spike factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

MiracleWhale posted:

how much would it cost to blow up the moon

• Locked thread