Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Reminds me of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
metal as gently caress

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

lol

im the poop coming out of the pipe on the right

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Dilettante. posted:

Wikipedia posted:

Sussex spent 1944 in the Pacific, and covered operations in the Netherlands East Indies following the cessation of hostilities. On 26 July 1945 her Task Force was attacked by two attack bombers acting as "Kamikaze" suicide weapons. One made an imprint on the side of the HMS Sussex, from which it could be identified as a Mitsubishi Ki-51 "Sonia".

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

Kind-of.

The Germans used spaced armour to defeat AT rifles, not bazookas and the Russians famously used bedframes as protection from Panzerfausts. However, the fuses in WWII HEAT rounds were actually pretty lousy and were enhanced by having a standoff range to form a jet at a more optimized distance. Slat armour as used in Afghanistan was more designed to break up RPG warheads than to defeat the HEAT effects.

It's also worth noting that "bed frame" was just the colloquial term for them, and they were built in the repair shops for units heading into urban areas, since I've run into a couple people who interpreted it literally and thought the intention was to use mattresses to bounce rockets away.

Authentic WW2 design diagram:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Frosted Flake posted:

Slat armour as used in Afghanistan was more designed to break up RPG warheads than to defeat the HEAT effects.

And that only works with older models of warhead, where if you dent the side of the projectile you short out the conductive path between the fuse in the nose and the detonator in the base.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Mr. Nice! posted:

that's loving incredible

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jesus loving christ

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:perfect:

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.
I don't get it. Please enlighten non-mil goons!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Someone took someone else's military ID and riveted it together between two metal plates, leaving just enough information to indicate whose it is, but not enough to make it anything other than useless.

To be fair, there's a perfectly good chance someone did this to their own ID what with it being the military and all.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 9, 2016

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

To be fair, there's a perfectly good chance someone did this to their own ID what with it being the military and all.

Could it be the active duty version of "bae caught me sleepin"??

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:drat:

When people forgot their ID cards we'd gently caress with them, usually drawing stupid poo poo in the picture, or tape it to the ceiling where they had to stack furniture to reach it, but that's a whole different level.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I love when you leave your CAC for someone else to use (oh shut the gently caress up you OPSEC shitheads don't act like you've never shared access) because it's the weekend night shift and they got locked out and there's literally no other option than me working 48 hours straight

Then some cheeky bastard thinks he's hilarious because he thinks I totally forgot my ID and freezes it

Basically I'm saying the CAC police faggots that run to hide an ID when a dude steps away for literally 5 seconds are just that, faggots. As is anyone else in the Navy Military

Like I just put some clear tape over the face and drew a mustache and maybe some devil horns

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
We only resorted to drawing when it was clear they weren't coming right back. If they were coming right back, that's when you send flirtatious emails to their supervisor of the same sex.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Yeah trying to send flirtatious or otherwise inappropriate emails from someone else's account before they get back from the bathroom is a time-honored military tradition

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I would mspaint dicks as fast I could and make it their background. Maximize whatever window they were working in so when they go to their desktop next they are met with a crudely drawn, yet veiny surprise.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I just posted on their fb y'all dicks

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The more good-natured fuckery I'd indulge in would be to screenshot the desktop of the civilian secretary in my office and then just open the picture fullscreen. Oldest trick in the book but every single drat time, she'd suspect a system crash instead of me screwing around.

We also had a particularly righteous idiot in the company that took the "opportunity creates thieves" creed from boot to heart a little too much and long, going as far as basically stealing poo poo that was unattended for maybe a minute to claim people had lost it. He was warned to cut it out a couple of times.

An honored tradition had previously been to wrap lost IDs or weapons cards with sparkly sticky-foil which would be a pain to remove, but at some point, it turned out that the new standard of sticky foil had such strong adhesive that the lovely ID/weapons cards would have their print ripped off when removing the foil, regardless how carefully you did it. Shithead decides to keep up with his shenanigans until the reservist O-2 that was temporary CO decided to throw the book at him after the guy went through every single room housing recruits and hosed with around 10 IDs.

Added idiocy in Germany is that any charge under the german UCMJ that amounts to a potential felony under the regular penal code has to be deferred to the civilian DA in addition to any military proceedings. Reservist CO didn't think that "throwing the book" at the guy would cross that line, but it slipped his mind that "screwing with" officially-issued IDs constituted falsification of documents legally, so the proceedings were picked up by the DA. From that point on, every civilian in the chain of events decided to make an example of the shithead E-3 because gently caress the military. Guy got busted to E-1, dismissed and ended up with a conviction and a huge fine, loving up his future.

CO came back from his course at Ft Leonardwood 3 weeks later asking why he's losing soldiers to juvenile pranks.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Just put a small amount of tape over the chip so they think their CAC is broken and they have to go get a new one.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The more good-natured fuckery I'd indulge in would be to screenshot the desktop of the civilian secretary in my office and then just open the picture fullscreen. Oldest trick in the book but every single drat time, she'd suspect a system crash instead of me screwing around.

We also had a particularly righteous idiot in the company that took the "opportunity creates thieves" creed from boot to heart a little too much and long, going as far as basically stealing poo poo that was unattended for maybe a minute to claim people had lost it. He was warned to cut it out a couple of times.

An honored tradition had previously been to wrap lost IDs or weapons cards with sparkly sticky-foil which would be a pain to remove, but at some point, it turned out that the new standard of sticky foil had such strong adhesive that the lovely ID/weapons cards would have their print ripped off when removing the foil, regardless how carefully you did it. Shithead decides to keep up with his shenanigans until the reservist O-2 that was temporary CO decided to throw the book at him after the guy went through every single room housing recruits and hosed with around 10 IDs.

Added idiocy in Germany is that any charge under the german UCMJ that amounts to a potential felony under the regular penal code has to be deferred to the civilian DA in addition to any military proceedings. Reservist CO didn't think that "throwing the book" at the guy would cross that line, but it slipped his mind that "screwing with" officially-issued IDs constituted falsification of documents legally, so the proceedings were picked up by the DA. From that point on, every civilian in the chain of events decided to make an example of the shithead E-3 because gently caress the military. Guy got busted to E-1, dismissed and ended up with a conviction and a huge fine, loving up his future.

CO came back from his course at Ft Leonardwood 3 weeks later asking why he's losing soldiers to juvenile pranks.

Everyone should join the military. It's awesome.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Given about ten or so minutes of free access, if create outlook rules that'll forward and delete emails to someone like the commander or first sergeant.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

That pt belt was created after the fact with cut up post it notes, wasn't it?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Looks like it. It's like a cherry on top. It's perfect.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Arrath posted:

That pt belt was created after the fact with cut up post it notes, wasn't it?

Sherlock Holmes on the loose here

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also lol I don't think lost CACs are the biggest problem with security breaches in the military and government. TGANKS OBAMMER OPM

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zeris posted:

Sherlock Holmes on the loose here

Kindly smdftb, Watson.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
Enough about CACs. Here, have some assorted footage of ATGMs doing God's work.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Indonesian live fire drill
https://gfycat.com/LightheartedUnhappyIchidna

Kurdish Peshmerga blows up an incoming ISIS VBIED with Milan ATGM (maybe an rpg?) just in time
http://www.gfycat.com/SecondaryWelloffAsianwaterbuffalo

hostile apostle fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 11, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mexican Marines wearing helmet cams captured El Chapo while wearing tracksuit tops.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ragaman posted:

:stare: @ 10:10

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

chitoryu12 posted:

Mexican Marines wearing helmet cams captured El Chapo while wearing tracksuit tops.

I heard he escaped all that into a sewer tunnel, then a car, then was finally apprehended? That footage is holy poo poo though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm the dude rocking a red shirt and throwing frags.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ragaman posted:

11:38 :stonklol:

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

Chinatown posted:

I'm the dude rocking a red shirt and throwing frags.

@ 5:40 "Hey, hey! Calm down, stop shooting like crazy!"

Dilettante. fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 12, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Real life MOUT seems absolutely terrifying. What's your casualty rate? Like guaranteed 40%?lol

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Real life MOUT seems absolutely terrifying. What's your casualty rate? Like guaranteed 40%?lol

This is why you assign the SAW to your big (or short) assholes/rednecks and put them at the front of your stack every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah sorry I meant to say being a boot in MOUT seems terrifying

• Locked thread