Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hahahaha

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Ayyy lmao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Classic Mikey

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Can't breathe

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao this is why twitter was invented

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bonus:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Paddyb posted:

Classic Mikey

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I spoke to some of my colleagues as we waited for Arsene to arrive. "Don't you think some of what has been said about Bowie applies to Wenger too?" I asked them. "Like Bowie, Arsene has changed the game - his game," I argued. "He was an innovator when he changed the eating habits of Arsenal's old back four to get a little bit more out of them when he first arrived here. His football is creative, and entertaining, even if you're not a fan. He's fearless when he takes on Barcelona and tries to beat them at their own game. Like Bowie, he has his own creative vision, and does things how he wants to do them because he believes in himself. Like Bowie, his most loyal fans would even say, 'he is a genius'". Nobody in the press room argued with me.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

'nobody argued with me': inside the mind of a football writer

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

JFairfax posted:

I spoke to some of my colleagues as we waited for Arsene to arrive. "Don't you think some of what has been said about Bowie applies to Wenger too?" I asked them. "Like Bowie, Arsene has changed the game - his game," I argued. "He was an innovator when he changed the eating habits of Arsenal's old back four to get a little bit more out of them when he first arrived here. His football is creative, and entertaining, even if you're not a fan. He's fearless when he takes on Barcelona and tries to beat them at their own game. Like Bowie, he has his own creative vision, and does things how he wants to do them because he believes in himself. Like Bowie, his most loyal fans would even say, 'he is a genius'". Nobody in the press room argued with me.
Can you imagine any other manager in the Premier League, or the world in fact, transcending philosophy, history, pop culture, music, sport - heck, even life - like that? It was poignant. It was thought provoking. It was brilliant. It's already my Quote Of The Year for 2016 and we are only 11 days in. But where did such a statement come from?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i wonder what it is about arsenal that uniquely spawns these mountains of idiocy

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Not to be offensive but all Celtic fans should be killed IMO

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Lmao

pdog
May 7, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Not to be offensive but all Celtic fans should be killed IMO

This but also for the club and likewise for Rangers. Time for the mighty Dons to rain supreme.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

pdog posted:

This but also for the club and likewise for Rangers. Time for the mighty Dons to rain supreme.

We've had quite enough rain up here thank you very much, Donside is flooding.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Homework Explainer posted:

i wonder what it is about arsenal that uniquely spawns these mountains of idiocy

It's our brave focus on things that aren't winning titles when we weren't winning things. People made things up to compensate.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

With the title within reach, every dropped point was like an unreturned text — all your hopes and dreams just sitting idly in the ether, desperately awaiting validation before ultimately evaporating and falling unexpectedly into someone else's palm.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

pdog posted:

I don't think the FA would let them move on again from Milton Keynes tbh

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

congratulations you found my dad's blog :rolleyes:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
There's gotta be some gems in the comments

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

TheBigAristotle posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

:(

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This is some next level German scat

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ffs

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nah everyone's calling him out, even Liverpool fans aren't that cringey.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
lol

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:eyepop: full kit wanker

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Thats just a guy combining his wedding with something he loves. Cant blame him.

Bet it was his wifes idea too.

Chillao
Jan 12, 2004
discerning gentleman

this can't be real

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYC86Ksxnpw

what a player

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Could Lionel Messi do it on a wet Wednesday at Stoke? The Barcelona star is convinced he could, according to Spanish journalist Guillem Balague.

Fans and pundits in England have often questioned whether the 28-year-old would enjoy the same success in wintry conditions against physical opponents.

The question was recently put to the Argentina international by Balague, with the five-time Ballon d'Or winner revealing the state of the pitches he grew up playing on in his homeland were far worse than anything he'd be likely to encounter at the Britannia.

During an interview with Stoke City forward and former Barca star Bojan on Sky Sports, Balague said: "I asked Messi about that question.

"He said, 'those people that say that should realise I played in awful conditions in Rosario when I was 11-years-old, with glass on the pitch, with holes and everything.' And, he was still good!

Bojan was in agreement and said Messi would have no problem adjusting to life in England.

"Messi can do it! If he came to the Britannia he would still be just as good.

"I understand that teams don't like to come to the Britannia Stadium, especially in winter with the wind, the cold … and we're a strong team. It's not easy.

"But I try to enjoy it and I try to improve my football in that situation."

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

JFairfax posted:

Could Lionel Messi do it on a wet Wednesday at Stoke? The Barcelona star is convinced he could, according to Spanish journalist Guillem Balague.

Fans and pundits in England have often questioned whether the 28-year-old would enjoy the same success in wintry conditions against physical opponents.

The question was recently put to the Argentina international by Balague, with the five-time Ballon d'Or winner revealing the state of the pitches he grew up playing on in his homeland were far worse than anything he'd be likely to encounter at the Britannia.

During an interview with Stoke City forward and former Barca star Bojan on Sky Sports, Balague said: "I asked Messi about that question.

"He said, 'those people that say that should realise I played in awful conditions in Rosario when I was 11-years-old, with glass on the pitch, with holes and everything.' And, he was still good!

Bojan was in agreement and said Messi would have no problem adjusting to life in England.

"Messi can do it! If he came to the Britannia he would still be just as good.

"I understand that teams don't like to come to the Britannia Stadium, especially in winter with the wind, the cold … and we're a strong team. It's not easy.

"But I try to enjoy it and I try to improve my football in that situation."

wrong thread

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wrong thread.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

susurration- a soft murmur; whisper

alchemy- the magical power or process of transmuting something of little value into

something of great value

The craftsmanship done with pride

once a hide, now formed with care

Eighteen patches of leather

sewn together, filled with air

But pride is pride, nothing more

So for magic to exist

there need be susurration,

of passion, by alchemist

A child's love often the dawn

built upon by legend's tales

Into soul the vision burn'd

of nets turn'd billowing sails

Legend's tales to legend born

and a new morn lights the game

Bringing new tales of wonder

records plundered by new name

Though seemingly mere mortal

the anecdotal is clear

Conjuring touch required

for ball to aspire to sphere

When feat makes us turn to sky

When our eyes the gods have kissed

It is by susurration,

by passion, of alchemist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It's cool he recognised that football fans are gibbering idiots who won't know what simple words mean