Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sid seems really strong against the older style of meta with a bunch of tanks and healers but whenever I run into a Phasma team with just a Poe and a bunch of damage dealers his heal block isn't as relevant.

I don't have a roster that has any answers to that type of team though, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I just sniped #2 twice. Phasma leader, PoE, Rey, qui gonn, FOTP. That team is a oval office and relies on me landing Dooku stun on Qui Gonn. Hopefully I can kill him before Poes taunt. Then I need to kill Rey or FOTP some how. I've pulled it off twice but both times I've got lucky with Dakas stun.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Speaking of which, is there a recommended time to switch over from getting Daka/Lumi shards to Poe/Phasma shards? My Daka is about to hit 5 stars and my Lumi is about to hit 6.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I loving hate Dooku. I just almost lost in Arena to a team with a loving TALIA because my 6* Daka and 7* Sid couldn't land a single goddamn proc on the fucker. Like, the hits would land, the stun/heal immunity would come, but RESISTED. Every time.

Jibo posted:

Speaking of which, is there a recommended time to switch over from getting Daka/Lumi shards to Poe/Phasma shards? My Daka is about to hit 5 stars and my Lumi is about to hit 6.

The only way to use Daka is to max her out, imo. She's got a great kit, but her numbers are fairly lackluster. I stopped farming Lumi at 6 because I could get a 7* JC to fill the role instead, and JC has a heal on a shorter cooldown along with a minor self-heal, which is more useful to me than Lumi's ability block and evasion. If you don't have any other comparable healers leveled, keep leveling Lumi up to 7*.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 12, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm getting my Daka to 7*. She's like 40/100 now. She's just too good. Her heal is based on her max health. More max health means she lives longer. PoE is sick though. I think stopping at 6* on Daka is okay. I would not stop at 5*. Lumi needs to get to 7*.

When you get to level 60 you are expected to start fielding teams of 7*. Not right away, but over time. A full roster of 4* and 5* does nothing against full 7*.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

rabidsquid posted:

Sid seems really strong against the older style of meta with a bunch of tanks and healers but whenever I run into a Phasma team with just a Poe and a bunch of damage dealers his heal block isn't as relevant.

I don't have a roster that has any answers to that type of team though, honestly.

Poe just never seemed to be a good enough tank. Chewbacca has the downside of a taunt that only lasts a turn. I think I rather have Poe with a shorter taunt.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
My only real concern is that Poe/Phasma may be moved out of shipments when the new patch hits. But I suppose if that happens I'll be boned anyway.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If they do the outcry will be huge. It would be almost impossible to 7* PoE from cantina shipments since his release. All of mine have been going into Daka and I spend between 100-300 crystals on cantina energy alone and she isn't 7*. I think if they remove them there will be a lot of people calling for more communication from the development team on these things in the future.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ularg posted:

Poe just never seemed to be a good enough tank. Chewbacca has the downside of a taunt that only lasts a turn. I think I rather have Poe with a shorter taunt.

A one turn taunt in arena can be a problem if the enemy team DPS is absolutely insane and way faster than you, but if I see a Chewbacca team lead I always fight them since he's essentially a free win.

When Poe hits 4/5 of your team members with expose and has his taunt up for two turns you had better hope they don't have a single decent DPS character.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
They're not going to get rid of Poe or Daka.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I want to know how the hell I manged to get the first order tie pilot. He's amazing and I will never be able to promote him.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Last month's check in rewards?

For those of you who are unitiated: http://youtu.be/WQjPcHbjWHM

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 12, 2016

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

thechalkoutline posted:

Level 46 and need some allies: 721 - 396 - 715

Game is fun.

Wondering if I should go for Poe or Fives after Old Daka, thoughts?

Currently I'm running Sid, Fives, Luke, Lumi and JC.

How do people have so many dudes in the mid 40's? I'm level 43 and I only have Luke on top of the normal guys I got. Luck in the bronzium?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Munkaboo posted:

How do people have so many dudes in the mid 40's? I'm level 43 and I only have Luke on top of the normal guys I got. Luck in the bronzium?

Yeah I bought Greedo's pack and then didn't know what I was doing for 30 levels and bought a big pack when I saved up enough, which got me Sid and Fives, which is very very lucky

Buoyed, I spent $20 after playing a couple weeks and got Biggs, and something for someone lovely I had like Hoth mans or something

Learn from my mistake and never buy packs, I haven't spent any since and just buy some energy when I can /shrug

I also didn't do Cantina for like 40 levels though and am woefully behind in Arena due to low player level in relation to when I started but thems the breaks

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jibo posted:

I alternated lumi and phasma a bit and don't regret it. Lum 5, Phasma 4, Lumi 6 Phasma 5. About to get that 5 and then Lum to 7. Way I looked at it, it was one day to 4, 3 to 5. And the utility was huge. I keep getting first in arena... Though just had a fun team for 3rd Poe, Rey, Kylo, JC and can't remember 5th. But Phasma, Kylo, Sid Aes were enough to kill Rey with a Kylo counter attach x2

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I decided against joining the Sid bandwagon and am using Asajj instead. I also have Dakka and Talia benefitting from her leader bonus. So far today I'm 3/3on arena battles at level 55 and rank in the 60-70s. It's an all lady team, the other two are phasma and luminara. All gear 7 and 5 stars. Made some poor shard choices early but I'm pretty happy with the team now.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mooktastical posted:

I loving hate Dooku. I just almost lost in Arena to a team with a loving TALIA because my 6* Daka and 7* Sid couldn't land a single goddamn proc on the fucker. Like, the hits would land, the stun/heal immunity would come, but RESISTED. Every time.

The only way to use Daka is to max her out, imo. She's got a great kit, but her numbers are fairly lackluster. I stopped farming Lumi at 6 because I could get a 7* JC to fill the role instead, and JC has a heal on a shorter cooldown along with a minor self-heal, which is more useful to me than Lumi's ability block and evasion. If you don't have any other comparable healers leveled, keep leveling Lumi up to 7*.

But at 60 Lumis heal lasts for 3 rounds. 40% instantly then 20% each next two turns for the person healed. Much better than what? 35% a turn faster?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

I decided against joining the Sid bandwagon and am using Asajj instead. I also have Dakka and Talia benefitting from her leader bonus. So far today I'm 3/3on arena battles at level 55 and rank in the 60-70s. It's an all lady team, the other two are phasma and luminara. All gear 7 and 5 stars. Made some poor shard choices early but I'm pretty happy with the team now.

I actually got Asajj first because I did not know any better and while I do actually regret it, she does do some work in dailies/dark side missions/C team GW shenanigans. Her with Daka and Dooku gives you a good amount of stun and being able to strip off buffs in AOE can do well against tanks or damage up teams.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hughlander posted:

But at 60 Lumis heal lasts for 3 rounds. 40% instantly then 20% each next two turns for the person healed. Much better than what? 35% a turn faster?

Yeah that's the first time i've seen someone say go JC over lumi. maybe i haven't been reading closely enough.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I think he could be useful. His heal isn't as huge sure but he's got cool down reduction on his attack and can gain bonus turn bar on his heal. If you get lucky he can definitely turn things around. Plus for like galactic war it's good to have a backup.

He's also naturally more built up by the time you get her just because you start with him. Unless you've ignored him complete he's bound to already have some work put in.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You know that debuff Darth Sidious can inflict where the target can't receive healing? So is it meant for Barriss Offee to just heal through that anyway?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Ularg posted:

You know that debuff Darth Sidious can inflict where the target can't receive healing? So is it meant for Barriss Offee to just heal through that anyway?

Barriss equalizes health first, which bypasses the healing immunity debuff, and then heals on top of that, so yes.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You don't get the healing portion though. Just the equalization part. That's why I like Barris in GW.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I need to make friends with a blinged out L60 Light Side leader.

Remember WALL OF TROOPER GRENADES?

And then the sequel, WALL OF SUPER ROBOTS?

The very last Light Side normal mission completes the trilogy: Wall of Grenades, now with one dude taunting!

I can beat the mission, but can't 3* it at Level 55. And they're all L59, so debuffs don't stick.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

I need to make friends with a blinged out L60 Light Side leader.

Remember WALL OF TROOPER GRENADES?

And then the sequel, WALL OF SUPER ROBOTS?

The very last Light Side normal mission completes the trilogy: Wall of Grenades, now with one dude taunting!

I can beat the mission, but can't 3* it at Level 55. And they're all L59, so debuffs don't stick.

I think I beat it with 3 healers and just going slow. Lumi, JC, and Bariss

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Hughlander posted:

Fully leveled, it's a 2 turn cooldown, compared to Lumi's 4. The ability to add meter and lower cooldowns is just icing. I only run 2 healers in Arena, JC/Lumi and Daka, so I usually need that heal to come back as soon as possible, otherwise the chances of being able to pull off a second cast loving nosedive.

Also, I spent tons of ability mats on JC early on, so I've got a bit of sunk cost thing going. If Lumi would've been as available from the start, or I didn't have to pick between her and Phasma, she'd definitely be seeing more use on my team.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Official forums are 95% utter trash, but I found this to be a great read for PVP strats in competitive servers: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5464/the-journey-beyond-poe-the-demise-of-fotp-ludicrous-speed-activated

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

All you need to beat PoE and FOTP is use other premium characters! We did it guys!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I did both of Fives' mission levels right after midnight. They're both on timers for the day. One is DS and one is LS.

So why am I at 2/3 LS missions and 4/5 hard missions for daily activities?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, that was some arena bullshit. Enemy Dooku leads off with a double stun. He then pulls off a stun from his basic every single turn (5 times in a row). That's supposed to be a 35% chance (I have JC/Lumi, he targeted them every time)

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

All you need to beat PoE and FOTP is use other premium characters! We did it guys!

They go over a F2P list a few posts down. Not as great but that was assumed. Only problem with that roster is several of them are GW guys (Poggle, IG-86) so would take a while to pick up if you're getting Phasma and Lumi.

edit: wrong shard group

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 12, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

oops wrong forum posted:

Official forums are 95% utter trash, but I found this to be a great read for PVP strats in competitive servers: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5464/the-journey-beyond-poe-the-demise-of-fotp-ludicrous-speed-activated

Yeah I figured Poggle would be a useful character going forward. Glad I focused on leveling him up. I still think Poe is meta because 99.9% of people won't be able to build these builds.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I just spent (almost all of my) crystals on a credits pack because I mis-tapped when trying to buy Bronzium cards on autopilot :negative:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

overdesigned posted:

I just spent (almost all of my) crystals on a credits pack because I mis-tapped when trying to buy Bronzium cards on autopilot :negative:

It's fine, credits are also a thing in short supply in the late game.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Zotix posted:

Check out this horseshit that I face like in 90% of my galactic wars now. You can easily replace the resistance pilot for FOTP.

Seeing as how it pulls from other players PVP teams around your 5 best Characters power rating + whatever % to make it even more bullshit hard at GW stage 6+, yeah... not looking forward to getting anywhere close to the mega-whales for whatever arcane calculation that it computes matchups with.

Davethulhu posted:

Better: Using both Sid and Asajj :getin:
(The AOE pain-wagon is pretty fun, dream team adds Maul, Kylo-Ren ...Jedi Anakin? Bobba? IG-88? or Poggle for the buff = :vince: ... actually wondering if that couldn't one-turn-shot most enemy teams if Poggle went first?).

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 12, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Finally hit 60 and the level cap raising is any day now...

Should I just not do crystal refills for non-catina battles until the level cap is raised? I hate the idea of wasting experience when I know that I'll need it any minute now.

I'm still refilling Cantina's since I'm about to 6* Kylo Ren and 5* Fives. But non-cantina is just purple gear farming now and maybe the patch will add some level 60 challenges that will reduce that requirement as well...

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

overdesigned posted:

But now you don't have to worry about credits for a while. :)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Got Sidious finally. Not only is this motherfucker one of the most powerful units in the game, he's also insanely easy to gear up? I think I hate him.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I found this team composition interesting:

quote:

FTP Version: Sid, Dooku, Poggle, Geo Soldier and IG-86

Sid has already been explained so here is the synergy with Poggle, Geo Soldier and IG-86.

I will add Dooku's main goal is get a stun on a Jedi preferable Ben or GQJ, however with a Poggle buff he doesn't hit like a wet noodle. I've seen 3-4k x2 with his counter. That's with a 6* max ability Dooku, plus if he gets called to assist from either Geo S or IG 86 he get and additional damage multiple.

Poggle, Speed 136, gives a team offensive up, speed up to droids and comes with an ability block on his basic.

Geonosian Soldier, Speed 134, has an assist attack that if it calls another Geonosian gets increased damage. His unique give Geonosians increased crit chance and he gets 30% to his turn meter when scoring a crit hit. If you ever wondered why he jumps out of turn this is why.

Geo's special also has a 2 turn cool down so it often available twice in a match. Finally I must mention his basic crits for 4-5k (with Poggle buff) and with his unique he crits a lot.

Last is IG-86 why 86 over 88? He just has a better health pool. His special at max level with a Poggle buff will do some massive damage and gets and assist, he also becomes faster than FoTp after he received the poggle speeds buff.

This is not the be all end all FTP build again our objective was just to show that meter builds and FoTp can be beat. It's gives you good speed, stuns, ability blocks, dots, buffs, extra attacks, AOE and high single target dps.

Poggle, Geo Soldier and IG-86 might not be the most obvious good characters to have for a new player, but they pop up pretty frequently (can get away with switching Geo for Luke or IG-86 for 88).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Got a 4* Darth Maul in a lucky card, and he seems pretty good? Anyone have any experience with him? At my level (43) it seems almost everyone runs Jedi Consular, and Darth Maul makes it very easy to snipe him before taunts and heals.

• Locked thread