Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

I tip my $5 frames that I over paid $395 for at you, m'lady. Care to have a sip of my fine cruelty-free drone-harvested Colombian dark roast? It was roasted locally in a popcorn air-popper. Maybe I can inte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is this from that Budweiser ad a while back, the one that ripped on good beer and the dipshits that drink it (drink our HARD BREWED poo poo beer and watch football like a REAL MAN)?

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHU_9ec94c

that is a good as poo poo ad

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

d0s posted:

is this where to complain about that drake MAH CELL PHONE song because i hate that song, and drake

I like that song especially the dance but it's nto my fav. drake song my fav. is probably back to back

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

rolling rock or coors is a better beer though, tia

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is this from that Budweiser ad a while back, the one that ripped on good beer and the dipshits that drink it (drink our HARD BREWED poo poo beer and watch football like a REAL MAN)?

lmao

The ad is true tho

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
shut up and drink!!! (really lovely beer)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

a starwar betamax posted:

It's true, missed this post.

Any Brewers here? How hard is it to make a beer taste exactly the same in each batch? Now make 50k a day. Source the same hops, grain, all the other poo poo that varies. But make a light drinkable beer taste the same. Every time. Kinda impressive, even if you don't like the taste.

Brew pubs, of which I frequent often, are pure millenial. I order a bud to piss off the crowd and Brewer. Actually it's funny and we are friends now. The beer tourists are insufferable.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

amusinginquiry posted:

shut up and drink!!! (really lovely beer)

So what imperial ipa pale ale pumpkin shall I drink during the FCS?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Darth123123 posted:

Any Brewers here? How hard is it to make a beer taste exactly the same in each batch? Now make 50k a day. Source the same hops, grain, all the other poo poo that varies. But make a light drinkable beer taste the same. Every time. Kinda impressive, even if you don't like the taste.

Brew pubs, of which I frequent often, are pure millenial. I order a bud to piss off the crowd and Brewer. Actually it's funny and we are friends now. The beer tourists are insufferable.

Take some locally brewed water, add in some locally brewed flavors, add in some locally brewed coloring. Mix until it looks like the same piss you bottled 5 million yesterday

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jusupov posted:

Take some locally brewed water, add in some locally brewed flavors, add in some locally brewed coloring. Mix until it looks like the same piss you bottled 5 million yesterday

Idgi

E he brews some good filtered rye, but I can't drink that for 3 hrs of the game. Much less some pretentious "super hoppy" 11% that you just have to try!!!1

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 11, 2016

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

The ad starts strong talking about being a macro brewery and could've talked about the craftsmanship and quality ingredients required to maintain the consistent flavor, which it does for the first half. Then the second half is about how you shouldn't bother tasting your beer, just loving slam it down your throat, you goddamned alcoholic.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain McStabbin posted:

The ad starts strong talking about being a macro brewery and could've talked about the craftsmanship and quality ingredients required to maintain the consistent flavor, which it does for the first half. Then the second half is about how you shouldn't bother tasting your beer, just loving slam it down your throat, you goddamned alcoholic.

I don't think about my toaster that makes my toast the same every time. And I like toast a lot.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
gently caress those faggots enjoying the taste of their beer

our beer is BEECHWOOD BREWED, THE ONE AND ONLY

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

So what imperial ipa pale ale pumpkin shall I drink during the FCS?

the one with the highest abv so you get drunk faster

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain McStabbin posted:

Beer dorks often think that a guy having 3-4 macrobrews is tantamount to rampant unchecked alcoholism, as they themselves exclusively drink 11% alcohol artisan beers with enough booze in them to kill the triple hop retch and don't understand how people could just _down a beer_ like that

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

Beer dorks often think that a guy having 3-4 macrobrews is tantamount to rampant unchecked alcoholism, as they themselves exclusively drink 11% alcohol artisan beers with enough booze in them to kill the triple hop retch and don't understand how people could just _down a beer_ like that

well beer dorks are... dorks

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I can't remember the last time I had a regular Budweiser. Bud Light is bad though.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

Sometimes when I go out to dinner with friends who like eating food I instead order a giant pile of dogshit on a plate, and eat that just to piss off the cook and the crowd. ha ha joke's on them!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Jonny 290 posted:

You can get a good drinkable beer that doesn't taste like poo poo though. Lots of decent pilsners and american pale ales and the like. Though I'll admit that they're harder to find because everyone wants IPA or stouts. They're also hard to make well. They're nice in the summer (but so are ciders).

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

GORDON posted:

Sometimes when I go out to dinner with friends who like eating food I instead order a giant pile of dogshit on a plate, and eat that just to piss off the cook and the crowd. ha ha joke's on them!

I bet you're one of those scrubs that gets his dogshit well-done? You when you do that the chef is just going to cook you up the shittiest portion of dogshit he has, right?

What you want to do is get it at least medium, perhaps medium-rare. You really want to be able to still taste Fido's cheeks on it.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

beer snobs are insufferable but so are dudes who think drinking anything but flavorless piss water makes them gay

basically if you use your hobbies or the things you consume as an excuse to look down on anyone you're pretty much 100% a worthless garbage person with deep seated insecurities

you should look down on people for their job or generation or political ideologies like a cool and good person

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

nm posted:

You can get a good drinkable beer that doesn't taste like poo poo though. Lots of decent pilsners and american pale ales and the like. Though I'll admit that they're harder to find because everyone wants IPA or stouts. They're also hard to make well. They're nice in the summer (but so are ciders).

lol I made the mistake of expressing the opinion that I'm not a fan of IPAs at a party with a bunch of beer snobs.

instant pariah.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

nm posted:

Seems like IPA is losing popularity thank god. Not that I don't like one every now and then, but they mostly all taste the same and we don't need ten million of them.

Mass produced swill beer is good if you know you are going to a long BBQ or camping or something. Not Bud though. I'd drink budget beer over that poo poo. It always tastes like it's gone bad.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol I made the mistake of expressing the opinion that I'm not a fan of IPAs at a party with a bunch of beer snobs.

instant pariah.

I really dislike IPAs, I'm a malt-head, and I don't even give a gently caress who knows it! Be firm in your ideals. I'll take a Kolsch over an IPA every time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

NESguerilla posted:

Seems like IPA is losing popularity thank god. Not that I don't like one every now and then, but they mostly all taste the same and we don't need ten million of them.

yeah it's sours now. theres a sour beer bar here that's suuuuuuuper hipster and all the tap handles are unlabeled and they serve you 12 shots of beer on a cricket plank or w/e

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah totally. I went to the great American Beer fest last year and almost every brewer was doing sours. They are actually really drat good but having more than one is instant heartburn.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

lmao

our beer isn't made for FAGGOTS who like to fuss and nitpick over microbrews, ours is BEECHWOOD AGED

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Shut the gently caress up about beer you loving nerds.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Well what do you want to talk about?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In fact I'd take a Pepsi over an IPA every time.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I work with a guy who won't shut up about tiny houses. He also thinks his daughter being a little chunky is the result of a gluten allergy.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Tiny houses are just trailers for rich people.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

joedevola posted:

Shut the gently caress up about beer you loving nerds.

Whoa v non millennial vibe I'm feeling here. You need a double malt tri hop ale.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Tiny houses are just trailers for rich people.

My wife watches a tv slow about this. I call my wife white trash on the reg.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Shame.bmp

Why is this generation's greatest aspiration to live in an bachelor apartment made out of a discarded shipping container stacked on top of a bunch of other discarded shipping containers? You live in loving America, or Canada (take your pick). Half the loving country is barren grass field, you do not need to live like god damned ants.

It's like every mid-century dystopian future book thats been written is coming true all at once.

edit:
VVVVVV hah - gently caress you millennial pos. I ruined your triple post like I'm ruining this planet

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 12, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sticking with tv slow.

Tri post perfecta

E gently caress I was sipping my organically grown India dark

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Shame.bmp

Why is this generation's greatest aspiration to live in an bachelor apartment made out of a discarded shipping container stacked on top of a bunch of other discarded shipping containers? You live in loving America, or Canada (take your pick). Half the loving country is barren grass field, you do not need to live like god damned ants.

It's like every mid-century dystopian future book thats been written is coming true all at once.

I think it's a strong adherence to the urban life that is so unshakable, any alternative is out of the question. The only option is to find ways to make it more practical to keep living in Silicone Valley type locations rather than moving away from the city.

I should say "practical"

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

When did this:

Become more majestic than this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

GORDON posted:

In fact I'd take a Pepsi over an IPA every time.

Clearly you meant to say Bepis.

• Locked thread