Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Air is lava! posted:

I condiered making a cheap joke about that, but I guess that would be tasteless.
How did you get into conversation about a rapist/serial killer from the eighties anyway?

We were trying to figure out if there's anything to the stereotype that most serial killers are from the midwest. Doesn't everybody engage in some serial killer chat every now and then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

loquacius posted:

I honestly have to try really hard not to read it as "Americans don't loving need more guns and never actually use the ones they have for the reasons they say they need them"

My first read was about how many household guns are kept in stupid places that are easy to reach by young children.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Garrand posted:

My first read was about how many household guns are kept in stupid places that are easy to reach by young children.

What possible reason could a young child have to want to get into a box of old Playboys though!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Anybody who has a box of old playboys under the bed is old enough to not have young children.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

A mexitoon: :mexico:

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Doesn't everybody engage in some serial killer chat every now and then?

Must be an American thing. We don't really have enough of them to carry a conversation, while you have so many that it's hard to keep track. I'd actually say it's a bit excessive...

That guy wasn't a serial killer though. Also reading that page, he apparently was really polite and fothcomming during that whole thing.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 12, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Air is lava! posted:

Must be an American thing. We don't really have enough of them to carry a conversation, while you have so many that it's hard to keep track. I'd actually say it's a bit excessive...

yeah but... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Rev. Wright would bring up Obama's campaign and race later that March, but Lester decided to be racist as soon as possible.

It's been said before, but look at that caricature. Now look at these:

"Duh huh, that stupid Obama, suggesting we do things that increase gas mileage."

Jesus loving christ what happened?

Bonus Trump from 2011:

Giving credit where it's due: he hasn't changed his opinion on Trump now that he's on Are Team.

You mean... people... should get paid for their labor? :crossarms:

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 11, 2016

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Post 9-11 User posted:

"Duh huh, that stupid Obama, suggesting we do things that increase gas mileage."

Ramirez wanted so desperately for Obama = Jimmy Carter BUT WORSE!!!! to be a Thing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah, Lester's caricature of Obama really went downhill went he turned into Ramirez.

What was up with that anyways?

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Samuel Clemens posted:

The cartoon is a reference to Bowie's 69th birthday and the release of his last album. The fact that he died two days after these events is just a tragic coincidence. :(

Well, sort of. He knew he was dying when he made the album. He made it both to say goodbye and so he that could leave the world while it was busy talking about him.

Well, I laughed.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Monkey Fracas posted:

Store your guns properly or they will gain sentience and have inane conversations while you're away

This isn't actually an awful cartoon, you know, even if it glosses over the danger of being at greater risk of death to an intruder if you own a gun and the bad practice of not keeping that gun in a safe. It's making the valid points that most gun owners own handguns rather than assault rifles and don't even carry their weapons on a daily basis.

This is of course a reason for strong background checking and waiting periods, as the responsible gun owners will pass those checks no problem and obviously won't need the guns straight away.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Was this written by a space alien?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Lady Naga posted:

Was this written by a space alien?

It's a reference to a very old joke about Englishmen going to heaven and being dissatisfied with Heaven's lack of English stereotypes.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

CoolCab posted:

It's a reference to a very old joke about Englishmen going to heaven and being dissatisfied with Heaven's lack of English stereotypes.

That doesn't answer my question unless the joke was also written by space aliens.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Ward Sutton posted a cartoon he did in 1995 about the time he got to shake David Bowie's hand

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite part is that that arm makes no sense at all.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Literally true

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Post 9-11 User posted:

It's been said before, but look at that caricature. Now look at these:

Bonus "Because I don't want to, Greta" Donald "To the victor belong the spoils" Trump from 2011:

Giving credit where it's due: he hasn't changed his opinion on Donald "I don't want to use the word 'screwed', but I screwed him" Trump now that he's on Are Team.

You mean... people... should get paid for their labor? :crossarms:

I love this extension I have on Chrome that inserts Donald "To the victor belong the spoils" Trump quotes into all mentions of Donald "To the victor belong the spoils" Trump

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Just needed an empty chip bag labeled "snacks" and it would have been perfect.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Post 9-11 User posted:

ISIS had captured a Jordanian? pilot and burnt him alive in a cage. The footage went viral and everyone had their usual foot-stomping and crocodile tears about how Obama isn't doing anything to combat those obvious monsters! when the day before they were having tantrums over Obama going around congress to launch airstrikes against ISIS.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

there wolf posted:

ISIS had captured a Jordanian? pilot and burnt him alive in a cage. The footage went viral and everyone had their usual foot-stomping and crocodile tears about how Obama isn't doing anything to combat those obvious monsters! when the day before they were having tantrums over Obama going around congress to launch airstrikes against ISIS.

I think what he meant was "What happened to Ramirez's caricature of Obama".

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mister Adequate posted:

I think what he meant was "What happened to Ramirez's caricature of Obama".

What's new about that?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Labour members having a say on Trident – Jeremy Corbyn clears way for party members to be given a decisive role in whether to change Labour’s policy"

Telegraph:

Obituary: David Bowie :smithcloud:

Independent:

EU referendum: Cameron urges ministers to be courteous

Times:

'Repent' call to Church over gay Christian treatment

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jesus loving Christ, I thought you were kidding in some small part about that, but you're not. That is a depiction of actual events.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Prism posted:

What's new about that?

Compare that picture to the previous two, also by ramirez, and of obama

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

FicusArt posted:

Compare that picture to the previous two, also by ramirez, and of obama

To be fair the drew Obama like that in the second one because he was saying Obama is Jimmy Carter.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Store your guns properly or they will gain sentience and have inane conversations while you're away

i think terry wise might be getting dementia

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

i think terry wise might be getting dementia

Seriously the other cartoon was just "I can't fathom the billion as a number"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

How much more comically awful can Trump and his followers get? Like, there has to be some kind of a peak. It can really just keep getting worse forever, right?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Yes you dumbfuck, we give guns to people who (nominally) are supposed to be trained with them and trained to keep us safe, hence the loving uniforms they wear.

That's why most of the rest of America doesn't need guns.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Like, there has to be some kind of a peak. It can really just keep getting worse forever, right?

This was said in 2008 and 2012 too :ohdear:

He's the President of the United States you unbelievable moron :argh:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jerusalem posted:

This was said in 2008 and 2012 too :ohdear:

He's the President of the United States you unbelievable moron :argh:

That doesn't give him the right to any special treatment or authority. That seems... uppity.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

This isn't even paraphrasing...

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

There ought to be a rule that says we give some special organizations guns so they can protect the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
large version of Pope's tribute

• Locked thread