Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Everyone must be pure as the driven snow or they're literally Satan, you know this surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Lori Mattix claimed she slept with David Bowie before she got involved with Jimmy Page, which would have made her about 13. I don't know that anything about it is substantiated.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Trying to apply current standards to sexual practices in the 1970's is probably like comparing industrial age labor laws with employment rules now.

It's best to just acknowledge that most people you admire or like from that era never got the consent speech at college orientation.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Krispy Kareem posted:

Trying to apply current standards to sexual practices in the 1970's is probably like comparing industrial age labor laws with employment rules now.

It's best to just acknowledge that most people you admire or like from that era never got the consent speech at college orientation.

13 years old in the 70s is still 13, dude. But there's no way to know if it actually happened, so people bringing it up on Facebook to try to deflate people sad about his death is still dumb.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Elliotw2 posted:

Everyone must be pure as the driven snow or they're literally Satan, you know this surely.

poo poo u right

I mean, I am definitely aware of the whole Lori Mattix thing, but saying "Um, I know you're remembering his work HOWEVER" is sort of smug and out of place imo.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

13 isn't so bad when you remember he tried to kidnap a baby

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

oldpainless posted:

13 isn't so bad when you remember he tried to kidnap a baby

Yea, and just how old was that girl he was trying to make his Goblin Queen? :raise:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

quote:

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Karma Monkey posted:

Yea, and just how old was that girl he was trying to make his Goblin Queen? :raise:

She should have said yes. She made the worst decision ever.

Besides, I'm sure goblins allow marriage at like sixteen or something. They're probably a lot like Mormons :v: They live in huge families, one dude leads em, they settle areas most people wouldn't, you know.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Jan 11, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm sure there was a thread on a big site where there someone absolutely point blank couldn't understand the billions/millions thing. It might even have been here.

But it did remind me of the infamous thread on bodybuilding com where the guy couldn't comprehend the concept of there being 14 days in 2 weeks. It's a must read if you've not seen it before.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

isnt it 3.3m? and also this guy doesn't understand that everything would just go up in price.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's $4.30. Not millions. Dollars.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

snergle posted:

isnt it 3.3m? and also this guy doesn't understand that everything would just go up in price.

No snark intended:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Edit: just ignore me, this is why you shouldn't try to be a smart-rear end half asleep.

To be fair, a billion is taken in some countries (such as in Europe) to be one million million which would make the math turn out to that. So maybe it's just a bunch of people in Europe getting super confused why our lotto is worth trillions of dollars.

Oh wait I should do math first that's only like 4K...

Eeyo has a new favorite as of 01:27 on Jan 12, 2016

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Eeyo posted:

To be fair, a billion is taken in some countries (such as in Europe) to be one million million which would make the math turn out to that. So maybe it's just a bunch of people in Europe getting super confused why our lotto is worth trillions of dollars.

The people who are sharing the "solve poverty" pictures are the kinds of people who have never left their home state, and think Europe is a country.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Eeyo posted:

To be fair, a billion is taken in some countries (such as in Europe) to be one million million which would make the math turn out to that.

I believe misogyny is the default mindset towards women if not for sexual desire. If women didn't have vaginas men would never bother and women would have died out as soon as they appeared.

This explains male feminists and manginas to a core. They only support women and feminism as a last ditch desperate mating strategy. It is these guys that actually kill women due to being rejects. Men who kill women worship women.

I am not a misogynist because of anything women have done to me (they have no power) or to protect myself from making a mistake, I hate women because of what they are not what they do as what they do is a symptom of what they are. I find their base nature absolutely pathetic and disgusting and contrary to the human spirit. I think they're the most pitiful creatures on earth. I want nothing to do with them.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
No. Please. Don't go.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

what was the last war that americans fought against anyone even vaguely threatening to them again?

also lol that someone else discovered the joy that is everydayfeminism; the site that couldn't be a better false flag if it tried

korea and only after china joined. you could say vietnam but we lost to an under equipped underfunded force due to the american people ( especially those returning home from vietnam) getting rightly pissed off at our poo poo strategy just being a meat grinder and the draft always sending more into it

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's $4.30. Not millions. Dollars.

yea my bad

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

snergle posted:

Swing and a miss.

E: this is why we refresh before posting

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Everyone forgets to take into account that if you take the lump sum for your lottery win, you get less. Then there's the taxes taken off the top. You would probably get only 2 million each. :qq:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Parasol Prophet posted:

No. Please. Don't go.

I dislike the ingrained biological nature of women. The virtues I value most are things like decency, sincerity, and integrity, which are in short supply among women. They are, in accordance with their aforementioned nature, designed to lie, to deflect, and to deceive. Mix in their entitled nature and victim complex, and they're just nauseating beings that make my stomach turn.

If disliking women for what they are and everything they represent makes me a misogynist, then that's fine by me. I don't apologize for how I feel because it's rooted in experience and in second-hand knowledge. They suck- why shouldn't I hate them?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I dislike the ingrained biological nature of women. The virtues I value most are things like decency, sincerity, and integrity, which are in short supply among women. They are, in accordance with their aforementioned nature, designed to lie, to deflect, and to deceive. Mix in their entitled nature and victim complex, and they're just nauseating beings that make my stomach turn.

If disliking women for what they are and everything they represent makes me a misogynist, then that's fine by me. I don't apologize for how I feel because it's rooted in experience and in second-hand knowledge. They suck- why shouldn't I hate them?

The question is not whether women are capable of fighting well and dying for their country. Women can do many military jobs as well as men. The question involves combat infantry positions. And the biggest concern is about women placed in elite special operator positions out of a politically correct desire for diversity.

Men and women are not exact equivalents, though I have learned over the years that some people actually believe that they are. They are different. That is simply fact. Chemically, psychologically, physically, different. This makes men in general better suited for some things, women better suited for other things, with a great deal of overlap. This is not prejudice or opinion. It is fact.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

He posts a lot about Benghazi.

Aforgomon
Nov 29, 2015

Rhombicosidodecahedron

I believe misogyny is the default mindset towards women if not for sexual desire. If women didn't have vaginas men would never bother and women would have died out as soon as they appeared.

This explains male feminists and manginas to a core. They only support women and feminism as a last ditch desperate mating strategy. It is these guys that actually kill women due to being rejects. Men who kill women worship women.

I am not a misogynist because of anything women have done to me (they have no power) or to protect myself from making a mistake, I hate women because of what they are not what they do as what they do is a symptom of what they are. I find their base nature absolutely pathetic and disgusting and contrary to the human spirit. I think they're the most pitiful creatures on earth. I want nothing to do with them.

Poe's Law? Please tell me this is Poe's Law in action.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Aforgomon posted:

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, to paraphrase Newton.

Men, as a rule, are strongly attracted to women. We have a sexually dimorphic medial preoptic nucleus that is almost twice as large on average, making men more susceptible to attraction (in addition to many other anatomical and physiological differences accounting for attraction). We are wired to want women, on average, and very strongly.

If men did not have this attraction, they would not actively court women.

The dominant narrative is that women invest more into mating, but in what sense? The size of gametes and length of gestation...? But is that really the majority of investment, and on what scale? Yes, on a scale of nine months women invest more, but what about the years preceding and following gestation?

Think about this; a man must compete preceding mating, and is subject to powerful societal retribution if he fails to live up to his mate during and after gestation (nine months vs 18 years... Now who invests more?). The case can be made that biology makes the pleasure and urgency of male attraction in direct proportion to the offset of the pain of attraction... Why the urgency, though? Why the mounting desire to gently caress until it overwhelms a man's mental faculties?

It is because, when you stop to think about the consequences of sex - it becomes a bad deal in the long term for men. The urgency of biological forces needs to overcome the long term bad quality of the deal in direct proportion to how much thought would dissuade a man from sex. If it weren't urgent, then you'd think better and not spread the genes of urgency. There is a balance to account for positives and negatives.

MGTOW, in rejecting women, require a push, so that we don't succumb to the gravity and inertia of attraction, to draw a metaphor. Misogyny serves many uses, but I view it as booster rockets to escape the traps of women.

Misogyny is the equal and opposite reaction to the mind-numbing love drug which ruins so many men like heroin can ruin men.

Just say no.

Often a man finds MGTOW after a painful experience, hitting rock bottom, and needs a time of convalescence to heal for whatever reason. The isolation from women is a means of recovery... After seeing idols smashed, and delusions torn down - rest is needed. The pain of waking up to a lifetime of lies is a lot to bear. Anger is part of the grieving process, and the death of childhood fairytales and expectations of morality - is grief-worthy.

In a sense, misogyny creates a "safe space".

Reminding ourselves that our attraction can cost us dearly, and making a hostile environment to, say, the feminist narrative, or the traditionalist narrative - gives us freedom to simply be... To do our own things and go our own ways.

I could be wrong. It's just a theory. Let me know what you think.

I also suspect this tiny bit of vulnerability will attract the trolls, but, meh. Thought out criticisms, however, are welcome and I'll discuss as best I can.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Aforgomon posted:

Babylon'ed again!

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Chocolate Chips
Jan 27, 2007

Chocolatey goodness.

kinmik posted:

She also might need to be put on some kind of watch list. She's super creepy about her ten(ish) year old nephew and sometimes posts videos of her wrestling and groping him while he looks uncomfortable about the whole thing.

What the gently caress.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

I'm assuming that this and your previous one are from Return of Kings?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

I interpreted this as an intentional dig at Bernie, and ironic "Bernie doesn't understand economics" from conservatives.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Polaron posted:

I'm assuming that this and your previous one are from Return of Kings?

Apple is a piece of poo poo company. Stop biting that rotten apple. (self.MGTOW)

[rant] Like the title states Apple is a piece of poo poo company. They have managed to take a great brand and turn it into a female-centric gadget for retards.

The only applications that works well with Apple are Audio, Image and Video editing. The rest is pure junk. Macs also don't support the Oculus Rift (VR) hardware requirement. Save your cash fellow MGTOWs and look into open source software like Ubuntu for example. Don't get me started on the iTampon they pass for a phone.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Magic The Gathering Online Warriors?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Men Going Their Own Way

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

change my name posted:

Magic The Gathering Online Warriors?

No, but the overlap is probably significant

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

so in Malaysia, this is happening

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The Bernie hate is starting to come out.

Opening argument: if everyone can go to college, the degree will become useless and there will be even more homeless.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Rolo posted:

The Bernie hate is starting to come out.

A conservative former Army buddy of mine on Facebook was all about Bernie until a couple of weeks ago when something changed and now about 50% of his posts are now anti-Bernie posts. The other half? You guessed it: pro-Trump

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Math is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Such Fun posted:

Then what does a 12 week old fetus look like?
Pretty gross Snopes will tell you.

Yeah they really look like aliens. The most disingenuous parts of that figurine are the opaque skin and subcutaneous fat, which make the fetus look really baby-like and cute but aren't present on real fetuses until well after the point of viability. Like, I get that if you think abortion is murder you'd want people to stop having abortions but if you need to lie to people to get them to agree with you, maybe you should consider that your original position isn't really that strong?

The woman who makes the figurines based them on a 3D ultrasound image so basically just invented what she thought a 12-week fetus should look like.