Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I thought the fear of being beaten up by a gay guy was that you would then inherit his gayness and become gay yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I'd feel more bad for the gay guy. First, he would have to be young as all hell (possibly young enough NOT to know better) that's attracted to old virgins with lovely taste in facial hair. Also, he has to be a wrestling fan. Then he's got to put up with the health issues and mental issues, neither of which Fez has any intention on actually resolving. THEN this purple squirrel/unicorn of a young gay guy has to lock himself into a monogamous relationship of which there will be no sex until marriage because the self-destructive elderly virgin thinks all relationships are like a loving Aaron Spelling TV show from the '90s and all that creepy importance on sex being much like a bridezilla's wedding day.

On second thought, maybe Fez should be afraid. Anybody who will buy into that garbage fire of a life will probably resort to violence. Who the gently caress would want all of that? I hope Ron is taping these conversations, there's an Oscar if he can make a movie all about this.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I thought the whole thing was a bit as well until they posted that pic of Fez's scalp. There's no way that happens to a person that is sane. Even if he did it for a bit, that's still too far for a loving radio show.

I missed this, what happened to Fez's scalp?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Looked like a lot of picking and trichotillomania.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Jesus christ @ the dumbass callers on Friday's Bangtinn show thinking the ESD commercial was a real "take-over".

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

I'd feel more bad for the gay guy. First, he would have to be young as all hell (possibly young enough NOT to know better) that's attracted to old virgins with lovely taste in facial hair. Also, he has to be a wrestling fan. Then he's got to put up with the health issues and mental issues, neither of which Fez has any intention on actually resolving. THEN this purple squirrel/unicorn of a young gay guy has to lock himself into a monogamous relationship of which there will be no sex until marriage because the self-destructive elderly virgin thinks all relationships are like a loving Aaron Spelling TV show from the '90s and all that creepy importance on sex being much like a bridezilla's wedding day.

One correction for this: The twink would need to be a fan of old wrestling, not current.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

On second thought, maybe Fez should be afraid. Anybody who will buy into that garbage fire of a life will probably resort to violence. Who the gently caress would want all of that? I hope Ron is taping these conversations, there's an Oscar if he can make a movie all about this.
Anyone in the age bracket Fez likes that would agree to come home with him would be working him in some fashion. He's more likely to get stabbed and robbed in Central Florida than NYC by a young, white twink so... el oh el.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I missed this, what happened to Fez's scalp?

He lost a bet, penalty was getting his head shaved, and it revealed that he wasn't joking about picking at his hair and scalp until it bled, and some of the wounds looked really recent. Not that gross, but it was proof that Fez's decline wasn't a bit.

JFC posted:

One correction for this: The twink would need to be a fan of old wrestling, not current.

I wonder if there was a date cutoff, and what that would be.

Cory Lidle posted:

Anyone in the age bracket Fez likes that would agree to come home with him would be working him in some fashion. He's more likely to get stabbed and robbed in Central Florida than NYC by a young, white twink so... el oh el.

I doubt any twink would put up with him long enough to get into the will. I do see him finding someone, getting murdered, and not being found for a few months or years while the twink and his friends just drain the bank accounts.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Does Fez really have an appreciable amount of money? How much did Ron + Fez make at their peak?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

MrChupon posted:

Does Fez really have an appreciable amount of money? How much did Ron + Fez make at their peak?

XM had really loose purse strings so I wouldn't be surprised if they made low seven figures a year there.

Bubba The Love Sponge was making a million a year until they asked him to take a 80% pay cut.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sirius-xm-slashing-salaries-top-68261

(but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have alot of money since he seemed like a giant spendthrift)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 10, 2016

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

MrChupon posted:

as ron said, he still had his first communion money. ESD stated to me he was a notorious cheapskate.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Smart. Fez could've been living in an Ant-style compound surrounded by the gay equivalent of guns and young boys, but instead he has a scabby skull and his V card.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Apoplexy posted:

Smart. Fez could've been living in an Ant-style compound surrounded by the gay equivalent of guns and young boys, but instead he has a scabby skull and his V card.

and more stents than heart

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

I never expected the one thing to bind Ant and Fez to be rumors of pedophilia. But here we are.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

I never expected the one thing to bind Ant and Fez to be rumors of pedophilia. But here we are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ2nkLUmYUk

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
The only reason I want Ant to be invited back to the Patrice benefit is so he can chase Opie from room to room while Periscoping it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

and stents. Don't forget stents. And the seething hatred of women.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

and stents. Don't forget stents. And the seething hatred of women.

and being raised in front of a TV in a dysfunctional family

and being trapped in childhood

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

livingfruitvirus posted:

The only reason I want Ant to be invited back to the Patrice benefit is so he can chase Opie from room to room while Periscoping it.

Hey Opie, wanna sing karaoke? *Seinfeld bass riff*

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Bowie's dead, Ron's going to be in a weird place today.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Cory Lidle posted:

Bowie's dead, Ron's going to be in a weird place today.

I'm inconsolable today.

I'm not going to blame Ron if he takes the week off, I was at work when the news dropped and I just want to go home and listen to Blackstar on repeat.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Blackstar is really weird now considering basically every song is about him dying or being dead.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's not that weird considering he kinda knew he was dying.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maOtX4tXyb4

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

That's a lotta full-coverage swimwear

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

http://theinterrobang.com/ron-bennington-east-side-dave-interview/

Conversation between Ron and ESD regarding his new show.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

AndrewP posted:

Interesting - Chris Stanley was invited to join ESD on the new show, but he turned down the offer. And when Ron was considering joining Anthony back when, Chris said that he wouldn't be a part of that new show. Is it a love of SiriusXM, a hatred of Anthony, or something else?

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I'm interested in the ESD Show, but man, I really don't want to pay to subscribe to the Cumia network.

Is the first night going to be streamed free or anything?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phlag posted:

Interesting - Chris Stanley was invited to join ESD on the new show, but he turned down the offer. And when Ron was considering joining Anthony back when, Chris said that he wouldn't be a part of that new show. Is it a love of SiriusXM, a hatred of Anthony, or something else?

The only time I've ever heard Chris get upset with Ron, it was an argument over the stop and frisk thing. He's not a fan of cops either. There are other examples, but most of his viewpoints are pretty opposite of Ant's. Besides that, I feel like Chris hasn't given a poo poo about any of the Davey Mac stuff in a long time, he always sounds so phoned in.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

burmart posted:

I'm interested in the ESD Show, but man, I really don't want to pay to subscribe to the Cumia network.
Yeah, no way I am paying Cumia every month to see Dave once a week. :sigh:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly if Chris declined both shows because of Anthony Cumia being utterly detestable, he deserves a lot of credit. I am shocked he turned down Ron, though.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

AndrewP posted:

Best quote :
"Ron Bennington: I honestly want you to keep pushing boundaries as far as you can, and then if Ant tries to fire you he really looks like an rear end in a top hat, that will be the best. I love you kid."

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

The TACS Network RSS feed is indexed on Google. Yes, the thing you are intended to pay a monthly subscription for is publicly accessible by anyone.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
And the TACS staff was notified of it over a year ago and they never fixed it.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I have no idea what the means or how I use it to benefit myself.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Given Chris was raised by a sorta scumbag Dad, I could see why he'd be more inclined to take a check from an actual, publicly traded company than a scumbag that was too much of a scumbag to keep his regular gig.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

burmart posted:

I have no idea what the means or how I use it to benefit myself.

You see words you don't understand and then the word Google next to each other and you can't figure out what to do next.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

An Enormous Boner posted:

The TACS Network RSS feed is indexed on Google. Yes, the thing you are intended to pay a monthly subscription for is publicly accessible by anyone.
Well, the feed could be public, but surely the actual media won't let you download it, right? Right? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CrashCat posted:

Well, the feed could be public, but surely the actual media won't let you download it, right? Right? :ohdear:

Nope. :getin:

• Locked thread