Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Casimir Radon posted:

I work with a guy who won't shut up about tiny houses. He also thinks his daughter being a little chunky is the result of a gluten allergy.

my wife and i and two cats have lived in a 37 foot motorhome for 18 months.

tinyhousers are tremendous idiots.

no proper mobile/RV park is going to take tiny houses (they have strict no-DIY rules). You can't park it on the street as it sticks out too much. The one legislative loophole that they abuse ("It's on wheels so it's a trailer!") means that any city worth living in will have laws they can use to ban you from sleeping in it. Most are built using heavy and unstable 'fixed' construction practices like stud walls. they're just loving terrible in every single way . and theyre tens of thousands of dollars lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Congratulations you have almost reached peach millennial. Please continue your journey by researching the best indoor charcoal bbq techniques.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

NESguerilla posted:

Seems like IPA is losing popularity thank god. Not that I don't like one every now and then, but they mostly all taste the same and we don't need ten million of them.

Mass produced swill beer is good if you know you are going to a long BBQ or camping or something. Not Bud though. I'd drink budget beer over that poo poo. It always tastes like it's gone bad.

I like IPAs, even strong IPAs. However, a lot of IPAs are terrible and taste like eating hops. A good IPA should fairly complex and flavorful, not drinking pinesol. I personally find IPAs work best with spicy food (as do pilsners).
However, variety is important. I feel like IPAs are what people who don't know anything about beer order to try to look like they know about beer. They look at the beer list, see one one that says IPA and orders that.
Sours are loving awesome, but often holy poo poo expensive even on a beer snob budget.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

neonbregna posted:

Congratulations you have almost reached peach millennial. Please continue your journey by researching the best indoor charcoal bbq techniques.

I mean they should let me bbq at the cinema

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

nm posted:

I like IPAs, even strong IPAs. However, a lot of IPAs are terrible and taste like eating hops. A good IPA should fairly complex and flavorful, not drinking pinesol. I personally find IPAs work best with spicy food (as do pilsners).
However, variety is important. I feel like IPAs are what people who don't know anything about beer order to try to look like they know about beer. They look at the beer list, see one one that says IPA and orders that.
Sours are loving awesome, but often holy poo poo expensive even on a beer snob budget.

this is all true and good.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

CelticPredator posted:

this is all true and good.

Just missing the jpg for closure

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
look at all these dumb millennials so childish so selfish they're all just garbag

beer

YOU MOTHER FUCKER YOU TALENTLESS gently caress WITH YOUR OPINIONS HOW HARD MICROBRREW GRRR

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Madcosby posted:

look at all these dumb millennials so childish so selfish they're all just garbag

beer

YOU MOTHER FUCKER YOU TALENTLESS gently caress WITH YOUR OPINIONS HOW HARD MICROBRREW GRRR

These last 2 pages are shameful, yes

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Don Tacorleone posted:

Same. If you care what you drink to achieve hammer time you are not a true alcoholic and should just kill yourself and all next of kin.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Don Tacorleone posted:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You learn to appreciate Budweiser after you've made or tried someone's lovely home-brew.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

neonbregna posted:

gently caress, how do I get to peach? I'm stuck at mauve.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Arian_Samurai posted:

You learn to appreciate Budweiser after you've made or tried someone's lovely home-brew.

qft

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

neonbregna posted:

peach millennial

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Bowser totally wrecked that.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Wicker Man posted:

Bowser totally wrecked that.

he's got a dick like a bullet bill

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Horniest Manticore posted:

he's got a dick like a bullet bill

It's got eyes and some fists? That sounds uncomfortable.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

speak for your own rear end, my neighbor makes sweet as gently caress stouts and lagers

not like sweet, sweet, but good sweet. so sweet they're bad in the sense of bad meaning good

on the other hand he's not a millennial so that's probs why it's so good

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when the thread went berzerk when someone posted about dudes less than 5 8.

Those drat millen---

Yo i look tall in birkenstocks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That dude was great. He had like 5 meltdowns about being short in various threads (probably more that I didn't see)

I hear tiny houses are p great for smelling your own farts.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Right now the Hipster Artisinal Chocolate movement or whatever is falling to pieces because it turns out one of the main chocolate companies used Hershey's Chocolate and Nestle and fooled a bunch of people into paying 10 dollars for a chocolate bar. Because they claimed it went directly from cocoa bean to chocolate bar and they had EXPERTS, LIKE CHOCOLATE AMAZON RAIN FOREST EXPERTS WITH DEGREES IN THE SECRETS OF CHOCOLATE.

They made a big deal about the chocolate's head spinning fragrance and all it was was Hershey Chocolate mixed with Nestle Chocolate and people thought it was TRUE 100% THE WAY CHOCOLATE IS SUPPOSED TO TASTE. And all those foodies or whatever didn't know poo poo. It didn't taste bad by any means but apparently whole foods is going to pull their products. Using stuff like Chili peppers to mask the chocolate taste was also a technique they used in order for people to believe that they were experiencing 100% true Flavortown.

Some lady was mad that she couldn't detect the taste and she even spent a few weekends at an unrelated place getting a certificate to say she's a Pro Food taster and can detect hints of subtle flavors.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 12, 2016

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Right now the Hipster Artisinal Chocolate movement or whatever is falling to pieces because it turns out one of the main chocolate companies used Hershey's Chocolate and Nestle and fooled a bunch of people into paying 10 dollars for a chocolate bar. Because they claimed it went directly from cocoa bean to chocolate bar and they had EXPERTS, LIKE CHOCOLATE AMAZON RAIN FOREST EXPERTS WITH DEGREES IN THE SECRETS OF CHOCOLATE.

They made a big deal about the chocolate's head spinning fragrance and all it was was Hershey Chocolate mixed with Nestle Chocolate and people thought it was TRUE 100% THE WAY CHOCOLATE IS SUPPOSED TO TASTE. And all those foodies or whatever didn't know poo poo. It didn't taste bad by any means but apparently whole foods is going to pull their products. Using stuff like Chili peppers to mask the chocolate taste was also a technique they used in order for people to believe that they were experiencing 100% true Flavortown.

Some lady was mad that she couldn't detect the taste and she even spent a few weekends at an unrelated place getting a certificate to say she's a Pro Food taster and can detect hints of subtle flavors.

From what I read it was only people who weren't already part of that whole "bean to bar" movement that were fooled. It's still hilariously stupid though since the foodie people that knew what to look for could tell they weren't really doing what they were claiming because it was too smooth and tasty to be bean to bar.

So instead it's people who are intentionally paying $10 for chocolate with gritty mouthfeel and shittier taste than normal brand chocolate.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Reminds me of every wine snob and all the blind trials that have been performed. Top notch sommelier couldn't even tell a lovely bottle of wine was lovely if it came from a bottle with an expensive label.

naem
May 29, 2011

I heard they tried to switch and actually do "bean to bar" after they got famous and the chocolate sucked lol

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
My favourite part of that story is that they grew beards to make themselves appear to be authentic men of chocolate

http://dallasfoodorg.tumblr.com/

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Darth123123 posted:

I call my wife white trash on the reg.

I call her, drat bitch you still here?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

the only thing better than cramming two people into a tiny house? cramming two cats that poo poo in a box right next to your bed in there as well

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Shunkymonky posted:

My favourite part of that story is that they grew beards to make themselves appear to be authentic men of chocolate

Normally I detest fraud, but I must applaud these dapper gentlemen for convincing idiots to pay 4x market value for a fake "chocolate experience" they could have had at WalMart.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Tiny houses are just trailers for rich people.

Correction: they are for rich people's kids and tacky tech nerd new money.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Shunkymonky posted:

These guys are actually awesome, they totally didn't give a poo poo and fooled idiots into making them rich

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

That dude was great. He had like 5 meltdowns about being short in various threads (probably more that I didn't see)

I hear tiny houses are p great for smelling your own farts.

I liked the reddit thread on a techie girl in Vancouver who did the small house thing.

Her solution cost 40k in addition the mobile home lot rental is $800 a month.

The location was great with sewage plant on side and railway on the other side of the lot.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I celebrate their entire collection lol

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

These guys are actually awesome, they totally didn't give a poo poo and fooled idiots into making them rich

I agree. While they looked like colossal shitheads they were actually just fooling stuckup snobs who were even bigger shitheads then they were into wasting money. Bravo.

Too bad they're probably going to end up in a lot of lawsuits at some point.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Millennials care about about the appearance of authenticity than actual authenticity.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

Millennials care about about the appearance of authenticity than actual authenticity.

That applies pretty universally actually, especially in business. Being a successful fraud is not a recent concept.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

notZaar posted:

That applies pretty universally actually, especially in business. Being a successful fraud is not a recent concept.

Yeah, all you have to do is put the word "artisanal" on something, bump up the price, and some douche will buy it and then talk about how fantastic it is to other douches and there ya go.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

notZaar posted:

see: donald trump

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Shunkymonky posted:

Nothing says 'artisanal' more than having to pick face-pubes out of your reheated mass-market chocolate.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Soylent Yellow posted:

Nothing says 'artisanal' more than having to pick face-pubes out of your reheated mass-market chocolate.

it's practically the definition of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
If those chocolate guys don't make you mad... Just imagine if it was your favorite microbrew that they were just filling with bud light!!!!

• Locked thread