Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot.
Mar 3, 2007

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves."
I'm so sorry about Zeke :sympathy:

here is a sun conure doing some interpretive dance to LOTR soundtrack

http://superziggy.tumblr.com/post/82115555314/so-were-listening-to-music-and-up-next-was-a-lotr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Guys someone photocopied my bird

Meet Athena and (previously posted) Arsene. Athena was rehomed today from someone moving away, and she took to Arsene instantly. Unfortunately quarantine was impossible in my home but she is healthy and well taken care of so hopefully it all works out fine.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Toast is hanging out with my Dad over the weekend. I went Back Home for the holidays, had to come back to Brisbane for a meeting, heading back Monday morning for two more weeks with my family, and we figured Toast could stay Back Home for those couple of days instead of being smuggled into trains and buses.

He's being very cuddly, bitey, and squeaky. He likes sitting on my Dad's shoulder and grooming his beard while he plays on the computer and trying to eat his phone when he sends me pics or texts to update me on how Toast is going. Toast is also enjoying squeaking when my Dad is trying to have his midday nap and trying to steal his tea and coffee. (Dad is doing a good job of making sure Toast doesn't actually get any of the tea and coffee.)

Last week Toast had to remain inside my room a lot of the time because my Dad's parents (my Nanna and Grandad) were over. My Grandad is getting very absent-minded in his old age (88) and tends to leave doors open, while my Nanna is recovering from surgery on her fingers - fingers being Toast's favourite food group.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 10, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

fingers being Toast's favourite food group.

orange gaston

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXHF8C48SDM

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Went to the pet store today to get more food for Taco and they had a blue & gold macaw there!

I love macaws.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

GoldStandardConure posted:

Went to the pet store today to get more food for Taco and they had a blue & gold macaw there!

I love macaws.

So do I :dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnmZKNQZbwI

1500 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 10, 2016

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011
Yuck, Pekoe (young budgie) is all about the regurgitation these days. Any time I look to see what he's up to, he's just mashing mushy food around in his mouth and slathering it all over everything. He has also really started chewing up the newspaper lining the bottom of the cage. I guess he's not a baby bird anymore! :(

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

So I set up the ol' camera today to see how the birds interact when I'm not around, and the usually chatty Albert is apparently completely overshadowed by a conure that won't shut up.

Are conures usually this chatty? Jesus wept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6sT0XTtsi8

Bonus garbage-disposal voice talking at the end. I have no idea what she's trying to say.

SCREEWAKACHADOOLEECAWSCREEWACKWACK

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
See what's happened there is your bird's gone and got accidentally possessed.

Pip pip pip
Oct 24, 2010

The cutest little fascist

Wrecking Ball posted:

Yuck, Pekoe (young budgie) is all about the regurgitation these days. Any time I look to see what he's up to, he's just mashing mushy food around in his mouth and slathering it all over everything. He has also really started chewing up the newspaper lining the bottom of the cage. I guess he's not a baby bird anymore! :(

If he always has mush on his beak, he might have a bacterial infection in his crop- that happened to our budgie with no other symptoms. We had to give her antibiotics for 2 weeks and she was fine.

I was trying to get a picture of Nugget while she was thoughtfully gazing out the window but she kept turning around to look cute instead.

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011

Pip pip pip posted:

If he always has mush on his beak, he might have a bacterial infection in his crop- that happened to our budgie with no other symptoms. We had to give her antibiotics for 2 weeks and she was fine.

Auuugh nooo I hope not. Milly has never gotten over her ordeal of being syringed two weeks worth of antibiotics. She hates us still (this was probably half a year ago..)
Pekoe is the friendly, adventurous one, I hope I don't have to ruin him too..

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Grraarrgghh posted:

So I set up the ol' camera today to see how the birds interact when I'm not around, and the usually chatty Albert is apparently completely overshadowed by a conure that won't shut up.

Bonus garbage-disposal voice talking at the end. I have no idea what she's trying to say.

Are those normal GCC noises? They're loving hilarious. Beelzebirb the second

I need to set up a birbCam some day

Pip pip pip posted:

I was trying to get a picture of Nugget while she was thoughtfully gazing out the window but she kept turning around to look cute instead.

:3:

Pip pip pip
Oct 24, 2010

The cutest little fascist

Wrecking Ball posted:

Auuugh nooo I hope not. Milly has never gotten over her ordeal of being syringed two weeks worth of antibiotics. She hates us still (this was probably half a year ago..)
Pekoe is the friendly, adventurous one, I hope I don't have to ruin him too..

It might be fine, if he is only doing it to a mirror or towards Milly it's probably hormonal. With Sprite it was literally 24/7 mush mouth for a few days before we took her to the vet.

Edit: Nugget is still mastering the new living room layout. 40% of the time landing on the couch to hang out means attempting to land on my face/forehead.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

ice cream please

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Grraarrgghh posted:

Based on my experiences with Amavoice I'm hearing a bunch of phrases she's working on including "pretty bird," "cutie," "what're you doing there(?)," "you're a good birdie," things like that :3:

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Wow, I have a yellow sided GCC and she doesn't make noises like that. Your bird is part blender.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Pile of Kittens posted:

Wow, I have a yellow sided GCC and she doesn't make noises like that. Your bird is part blender.

Which ones? The "KREEEEEE" noises she makes at the beginning she definitely learned from Albert (who did it by default), but the talking and other wacky poo poo I'm not sure about. "Pretty Bird" she could have learned from Albert I suppose.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
How important are birds tails? I had to grab Bobby cause I didn't know he could fly again, to stop him going into a ceiling fan, and got him by his tail. He basically doesn't have one any more.

He seems mentally ok a day or two later but will this effect his balance/flight to the point I need to be changing perches etc?

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot.
Mar 3, 2007

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwVb1nLPBkA

little guys just having a blast

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Grraarrgghh posted:

Which ones? The "KREEEEEE" noises she makes at the beginning she definitely learned from Albert (who did it by default), but the talking and other wacky poo poo I'm not sure about. "Pretty Bird" she could have learned from Albert I suppose.

Yeah, boop makes those noises too when she thinks she's alone. GCCs are quiet birds, but they're still birds.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

How important are birds tails? I had to grab Bobby cause I didn't know he could fly again, to stop him going into a ceiling fan, and got him by his tail. He basically doesn't have one any more.

He seems mentally ok a day or two later but will this effect his balance/flight to the point I need to be changing perches etc?

Tails should grow back just fine. But I say better a tail-less bird than a chopped up one.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yeah it should all grow back I hope. A lot of the feathers were blood feathers so he lost quite a bit of blood but he seems to be eating his pellets without me having to feed him, and he took a bath on his own about an hour ago, so he seems to be ok. No blood in his cage and his poop back to normal size, if a tad runny, but that might just be cause hes drinking more cause its ridiculously hot today.

Hopefully he doesnt have to wait a year for them to come back, cause hes about finished his big moult now.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Besides being incredibly cute, I'm totally tripped out about the dude talking in the background of this video. He is my literal speaking-voice double and I'm freaking out.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Ever play the original Syndicate game? Yeah, that's what I can't shake off when watching this video.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

CrazyLittle posted:

Ever play the original Syndicate game? Yeah, that's what I can't shake off when watching this video.

:eyepop:

It's uncanny

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Oh god look at them just scooting around aaagh :kimchi:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Tendai posted:

Oh god look at them just scooting around aaagh :kimchi:

the suddenly, surprise macaw! *all leap into the air*

I love how they run around like a little flock. Except the one grumpy one that defends his playset and won't come out of it.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

GoldStandardConure posted:

the suddenly, surprise macaw! *all leap into the air*

I love how they run around like a little flock. Except the one grumpy one that defends his playset and won't come out of it.
The one at the end who needed a ride just murdered me :3: My heart.

Aug 24, 2011

lol all of them are following each other and when one gets turned around all the others follow him instead

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

From the funny pictures thread

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Did you have a good day? Did you guh-boo-boo-boo-boo rear end

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
parrot dancing compilation.

https://www.facebook.com/amazinglife.web.tr/videos/705550942878653/?fref=nf

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
How To Bird

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

this but with sun conures

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

Grraarrgghh posted:

I use the speakers in my monitor when I'm not using my headphones, so this video resulted in a very confused Zuzu staring into the top of the monitor chattering back at your bird.

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011

She doesn't look pained enough.

Aug 24, 2011

this doesnt work

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dreggon posted:

this doesnt work

Losing your fingers to wild cockatoos doesn't count, Dreggon.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
soda-stream please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Apparently with me being elsewhere, Inko is so clingy and desperate now he's started (on rare occasions) to fly :3:

This of course infuriates Ohtori to no end (and unnerves Steve)