Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's a surprise when poor sales results in being forced to cut production

that means the product isn't performing as anticipated and, therefore, tanking

they're walking back the design because the current sales (which is necessitating they cut production) indicates that people are dissatisfied and want something better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
personally i further assume rma/repair rates are also driving the scaled-down model since the iphone 6 bends with normal use

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it will be to anybody with any sense

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Stymie posted:

it's a surprise when poor sales results in being forced to cut production

that means the product isn't performing as anticipated and, therefore, tanking

they're walking back the design because the current sales (which is necessitating they cut production) indicates that people are dissatisfied and want something better

but ur saying they're going to walk back the design to a design which sold significantly less, that doesn't make any sense unless ur an baby obsessed with small phones.

current sales indicates that the people who bought a 6 are on a 24 month contract and will be upgrading around the time the 7 releases.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Stymie posted:

it will be to anybody with any sense

not if its on an a8

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

MrMoo posted:

Music through Bluetooth is fine, direction on Waze or any other map service is impressively terrible for many car manufacturers. Jeep/Chrysler turn map announcements into a phone call with leading and trailing sounds, amazing stupid and loses part of the message. On some forums someone found that Bluetooth has separate audio and voice configuration but the systems has to be reconfigured every time you turn on the car. Awesome sauce.

in my Chevy the music plays as audio but when I use Siri it clearly uses some other protocol that is lower quality. fine by me because at least it's using the car microphone whereas the phone mic has trouble hearing me at highway speed. also I can select map directions to go out as a Bluetooth "call" or just have it piggyback on the music audio

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
there are only two reasons why they would make a smaller phone, neither of which are very positive for apple's current direction:

- tim is testing the waters to see if they can reverse the failure of the 6s with a sensibly designed phone, which is an acknowledgement that he's been steering the company in the wrong direction for some time now

- it's another manifestation of tim's crass and constant triangulation trying to rope in more sales from people who recognized hugephones were a mistake

i'm hoping for the first because at least it'll mean tim's genuinely interested in righting the ship

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

what are people even talking about

usually the s years sell more for whatever reasons

and initial sales were bigger this year than last so this is probably not the year it declines

it has to eventually though, it's not like everyone's going to buy 2

anyway this is just for jokes email me at starwars420@juno.com

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

infernal machines posted:

that is good news! the next hurdle is dealing with idiot app devs who hardcode paths instead of using environment variables, and deciding whether you want to have the os intercept those calls or just let the app blow up.

you have to use API calls to get these paths in the first place, they've moved around several times already and contain app-specific names that you can't know a priori

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Stux posted:

the iPhone 6 was the best selling iphone ever :confused:

don't quote stymie you loving idiot.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

zen death robot posted:

you actually bought and drank soylent

yes I actually conducted an experiment instead of relying on hearsay. there is really no words to express how terrible soylent actually is unless you experience it for yourself.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

neonbregna posted:

yes I actually conducted an experiment instead of relying on hearsay. there is really no words to express how terrible soylent actually is unless you experience it for yourself.

I would've thought the sweetness from the lead would've masked the mold flavor

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I'd be legit surprised if the 6s outsells the 6. I imagine a lot of 6 owners are like me, not enough features in the 6s to upgrade.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

I would've thought the sweetness from the lead would've masked the mold flavor

I did the experiment on soylent 1.4 I think and I would not be surprised if the lead was high as gently caress. lethargy (due to what I suspect was haemolytic anaemia) would be my guess since after an non physical 8 hour work day I would be exhausted and experience sleep that was deep as gently caress.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

neonbregna posted:

you should see how the bottles under the sink stack up. i know conventional wisdom says not to drink that stuff, but that's just hearsay really, you need to experiment to get useful data

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Stymie posted:

there are only two reasons why they would make a smaller phone, neither of which are very positive for apple's current direction:

- tim is testing the waters to see if they can reverse the failure of the 6s with a sensibly designed phone, which is an acknowledgement that he's been steering the company in the wrong direction for some time now

- it's another manifestation of tim's crass and constant triangulation trying to rope in more sales from people who recognized hugephones were a mistake

i'm hoping for the first because at least it'll mean tim's genuinely interested in righting the ship

the rumours are for a 5 sized phone running an a8 if it comes out it's purely to take money from idiots like the MBP model that still has a dvd drive

praise timb

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tim won't rest until apple produces as many skus of phone as samsung, htc, huawei and motorola combined

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

you should see how the bottles under the sink stack up. i know conventional wisdom says not to drink that stuff, but that's just hearsay really, you need to experiment to get useful data

who occupies the space I use to dwell in your heart

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

neonbregna posted:

who occupies the space I use to dwell in your heart

it's full of pseudo-nutritious cum-analogue created by an imbecile, i'm sorry

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

no need to be sorry. I will treasure the moments we spent intertwined with each other. namaste.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

you got one of those ovipositor things?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nothing so fancy, i just sit on a bottle of soylent twice a day and do hand stands

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

someone said there are zero lightning headphones? philips makes one that's been a big failure in the market

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

If Apple is a new breed of industry titan, one that is being defined today, entering the car market will signal the beginning.

I foresee future history books recanting how Apple engulfed the planet by delivering inescapable products to humans of the 21st century. For example, creating self-driving cars that allow a segment of the population to gain X amount of hours of their day back or devote to working. This segment of the population will increasingly separate itself from the middle (?) or lower classes, as it has the extra bandwidth to deliver more working hours or more free time (and rest) thus allowing for better work productivity. At this time, Apple will have gathered enough information and market dominance that will create affordable driver-less machine solutions, allowing the rest of the social classes to participate. In return, the lower classes will need to agree to certain terms and conditions that will require monetary devotion to Apple.

During this time Apple will have facilitated creation of a new style of housing for the modern (non-upper class) human across the globe. Its main achievement will be the ability to work and live within one structure. Humans who choose to live in Apple's structure will have all fundamentals needed for existence provided for - thus creating the dream that working hard enough would allow for external living, eventually.

In a short time, humans living in these structures would out number outside humans 10,000 to 1.

At the same time, Apple's main competitor Ubeair (AirBnB merged with Uber) also created similar life structures. Ubeair's growth hampered by Apple created modified machines with the sole purpose of destruction. Thus began a new era on earth, where humans were made obsolete due to the their inability to combat effectively against machines.

The industry titans of this era stopped supplying humans with dwellings and food and focused their efforts on delivering the strongest year over year growth on earth. The industrial growth wars eventually progressed onto the neighboring planets, the next frontier for exponential growth. The remaining humans were left to take care of themselves with the remaining resources, insufficient organic matter and a lack of knowledge prohibited human population growth. Today, humans societies are small groups of humans roaming the earth for scraps and potential dwellings.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i made a classmate upgrade from 10.8 to el cap today

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

holy poo poo permaban cremnob and stux

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

born on a buy you posted:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

born on a buy you posted:

Don't quote stux
Or cremnob
Or pleasurekevin
Or thc

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

mishaq posted:

holy poo poo permaban cremnob and stux

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cremnob posted:

If Apple is a new breed of industry titan, one that is being defined today, entering the car market will signal the beginning.

I foresee future history books recanting how Apple engulfed the planet by delivering inescapable products to humans of the 21st century. For example, creating self-driving cars that allow a segment of the population to gain X amount of hours of their day back or devote to working. This segment of the population will increasingly separate itself from the middle (?) or lower classes, as it has the extra bandwidth to deliver more working hours or more free time (and rest) thus allowing for better work productivity. At this time, Apple will have gathered enough information and market dominance that will create affordable driver-less machine solutions, allowing the rest of the social classes to participate. In return, the lower classes will need to agree to certain terms and conditions that will require monetary devotion to Apple.

During this time Apple will have facilitated creation of a new style of housing for the modern (non-upper class) human across the globe. Its main achievement will be the ability to work and live within one structure. Humans who choose to live in Apple's structure will have all fundamentals needed for existence provided for - thus creating the dream that working hard enough would allow for external living, eventually.

In a short time, humans living in these structures would out number outside humans 10,000 to 1.

At the same time, Apple's main competitor Ubeair (AirBnB merged with Uber) also created similar life structures. Ubeair's growth hampered by Apple created modified machines with the sole purpose of destruction. Thus began a new era on earth, where humans were made obsolete due to the their inability to combat effectively against machines.

The industry titans of this era stopped supplying humans with dwellings and food and focused their efforts on delivering the strongest year over year growth on earth. The industrial growth wars eventually progressed onto the neighboring planets, the next frontier for exponential growth. The remaining humans were left to take care of themselves with the remaining resources, insufficient organic matter and a lack of knowledge prohibited human population growth. Today, humans societies are small groups of humans roaming the earth for scraps and potential dwellings.

youre an idiot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

http://blog.explodingads.com/fumar-comments-on-tesla-chief-elon-musk-says-apple-is-making-an-electric-car/

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

gj el cap is amazing

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the e in iphone 5e stands for eh

the 5 is still where it's at.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I upgraded my friend's 2011 Macbook Pro to an SSD on saturday. installed el cap obv. she is exceedingly delighted

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

please dont probate cream knob, where will i get the latest apple news??

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Dodoman posted:

Don't quote stux
Or cremnob
Or pleasurekevin
Or thc

in it voted 5

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

that's just a list of people who like apple you baby

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Why are our appleposters so brain damaged

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

apple fuckin owns, i kiss my picture of tim everynight before bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i like apple just fine

which is why i'm so disappointed the company has been under such poor leadership

• Locked thread