Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I'm pretty sure I remember in one of GG/Moregan's stream interview tell-alls that it's policy for guides to be able to play on the servers, even while on their guide accounts, but they're not allowed to be in the same zone as their own character, interact with their character's guildmates, or get involved with any guiding surrounding their character's actions. He told the story like he didn't get why he couldn't be in the same zone as his play characters and that it was a dumb rule.

At any rate, I would assume that Sirken and Rog keep a pretty sharp eye on guide actions these days given the bullshit explosions of the past year or so.

What if it WAS sirk or rogean on red?! Enjoy your ban! :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I'm pretty sure I remember in one of GG/Moregan's stream interview tell-alls that it's policy for guides to be able to play on the servers, even while on their guide accounts, but they're not allowed to be in the same zone as their own character, interact with their character's guildmates, or get involved with any guiding surrounding their character's actions. He told the story like he didn't get why he couldn't be in the same zone as his play characters and that it was a dumb rule.

At any rate, I would assume that Sirken and Rog keep a pretty sharp eye on guide actions these days given the bullshit explosions of the past year or so.

must be different for GM's then. i remember derubael getting really sketched out about having to log on his actual character to give me a trivial item (CoS) i loaned him and forgot about.

hell yeah just won the red server 2nd Vyemm's Fang lovin my pals in Empire.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Grats Anime on Vyemm's Fang, Second one on red server =) big upgrade dude, glad you got it.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
hopefully this means 1 less not-rogue showing up on your dps meters :)

rogue crew is so chill in this guild. 1 week into raiding with empire and i win one of the biggest ticket items for the class, and the players who probably deserved it more than me were among the first to send me tells congratulating me.

not going to lie, the death of <TMO> killed my immersion, but between the fang and my boy Dazed getting that Vaporize/Faceoff kill tonight i'm back at it like a crack addict.

grats on your Sleeper's key --> inevitable Primal weapon pwnz0r, very well deserved.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 6, 2016

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
So did greengrocer not post all the chat logs? How could he possibly be censored? I don't get it.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

hopefully this means 1 less not-rogue showing up on your dps meters :)

rogue crew is so chill in this guild. 1 week into raiding with empire and i win one of the biggest ticket items for the class, and the players who probably deserved it more than me were among the first to send me tells congratulating me.

not going to lie, the death of <TMO> killed my immersion, but between the fang and my boy Dazed getting that Vaporize/Faceoff kill tonight i'm back at it like a crack addict.

grats on your Sleeper's key --> inevitable Primal weapon pwnz0r, very well deserved.

yeah primal will be great. I am probably gonna snag a spear for its looks otherwise a hammer but im not picky =P whatever drops I will take., Also for second AoW kill on red tonight... Heres a picture to go with reds first new barb illusion mask. However I look super ugly as a female barbarian, Full HoT shadow armor looks more green chain then anything. In non lit places you get some darkness black look to it thats about it. Can't wait for custom helms.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

hayden. posted:

So did greengrocer not post all the chat logs? How could he possibly be censored? I don't get it.

they are on r/P99Circlejerk

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Anyone up for some RED action today?

Playing my soon to be 39 cleric Balthus, come join in for some raucous action!

Also I'd highly recommend this program for multiple stopwatches for buff timers/respawns/etc.,

http://download.cnet.com/MultiTrack-Stopwatch/3000-2350_4-10122220.html

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
I'm going to tag Nunu into the leveling guild my main is in and get my monk tagged in UG, so if there's any officers on later this weekend in EC to invite Gailenine, lemme know.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Meatgrinder posted:

I'm going to tag Nunu into the leveling guild my main is in and get my monk tagged in UG, so if there's any officers on later this weekend in EC to invite Gailenine, lemme know.

I'm available most of the time. Post here and hopefully I'll catch it.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I'm available most of the time. Post here and hopefully I'll catch it.

Hey, I'm on now.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Meatgrinder posted:

Hey, I'm on now.

just caught this. hope you got your invite.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

just caught this. hope you got your invite.

I did! Thank you.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Any pals on RED have the following spells for sale? Pox of Bertoxx, Bane of Nife, Spirit of Howler.

I'd also buy a set of lambent if anyone wants to unload.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Those shaman kunark era spells are extremely rare/expensive on red atm, I myself was looking for pox/torpor since level 55 and eventually gave up after no luck within a few months of offering 20-30k per spell. Finally found torpor for 7k cheap, shamans now 60. Can't find pox at all though, Saw one drop in a juggs farming group the other day but a main shaman still needed it. Similarly also seen shamans offering upwards of 30k or more for bane =/ Never would have thought reds kunark-era spells would have became so rare afterwards. The kunark dragons are still slain each week, VP included for the most part. Just everyone needs these for mains alts etc like crazy.

Also, Grep, I was able to gather some gear together for you. It isn't much but should help from when I last saw you. Got a lamenation 1hs, a 10sta belt, some mask, a few other things I can't recall exactly while messing around in kael last night. Also picked up nearly full set of plate from kael, but you're still a bit low level. Was considering MQing it to my bard, but wasting 3 flawless diamonds on a thurg bp seems like a waste.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Why is torpor only 7k on red? Its been 100k ish on blue forever. Seen a guy offering 120k for it last week :psyduck:

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

crew posted:

Why is torpor only 7k on red? Its been 100k ish on blue forever. Seen a guy offering 120k for it last week :psyduck:

Supply and demand. 50 people on red active vs 2k on blue.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
for 7k I got a good deal from a friend for that price, torpor is prob 15-20k on red. about a year ago it was probably a 50k spell easy, 100k 2 years ago. But overtime it diminished as less and less shamans. Red is totally different from blue in we have waves of the same classes, depends on the month you will find a new flavor of class reroll/twink.

also as far as 50 people 'active' on red goes, that's a bit exaggerated. I see 700 online on blue and just over 100 on red atm. Red probably has easily 3-4x of its prime time population in active players just not on at the same time. Same could probably be said for blues prime time. Personally I think blue is stupidly overcrowded with bad rules, which is why I prefer playing on red and dealing with fewer idiots then hundreds. But to each their own.

Pwnz0r fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 12, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Also, red and blue have different values for certain pvp items. See: Tstaff. Costs wayyy more on red.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

gently caress, I was hoping the prices had dropped a bit.

That was the reason I had to shelve my shaman in the first place, about to hit 59 with a sadly incomplete spell set and don't play enough to get in a legit guild.

Back to the cleric/sk/rogue/enc for now, heh.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
If anyone wants to farm spells, smallyou (mooselanderil) is always trying to do that

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Pwnz0r posted:

Those shaman kunark era spells are extremely rare/expensive on red atm, I myself was looking for pox/torpor since level 55 and eventually gave up after no luck within a few months of offering 20-30k per spell. Finally found torpor for 7k cheap, shamans now 60. Can't find pox at all though, Saw one drop in a juggs farming group the other day but a main shaman still needed it. Similarly also seen shamans offering upwards of 30k or more for bane =/ Never would have thought reds kunark-era spells would have became so rare afterwards. The kunark dragons are still slain each week, VP included for the most part. Just everyone needs these for mains alts etc like crazy.

Also, Grep, I was able to gather some gear together for you. It isn't much but should help from when I last saw you. Got a lamenation 1hs, a 10sta belt, some mask, a few other things I can't recall exactly while messing around in kael last night. Also picked up nearly full set of plate from kael, but you're still a bit low level. Was considering MQing it to my bard, but wasting 3 flawless diamonds on a thurg bp seems like a waste.

Word thanks ! I'll just send you a tell when I catch you online.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
was just on looking for ya, hopefully before I raid I will be able to find you on. Got it all set on the druid, Lamenation, a 10sta belt, str mask, some str gloves and a cougar claw earring. Trying to find some 55hp rings, if I still had a jeweler ide make em real quick but unfortunately I haven't skilled another JC up yet.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Pwnz0r posted:

was just on looking for ya, hopefully before I raid I will be able to find you on. Got it all set on the druid, Lamenation, a 10sta belt, str mask, some str gloves and a cougar claw earring. Trying to find some 55hp rings, if I still had a jeweler ide make em real quick but unfortunately I haven't skilled another JC up yet.

Im on right now, I keep trying to send you a tell but it says you aren't online. Your druids name is penthesilea right?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Never thought I would plug red but it is very fun.

In my opinion red is great for casual players, the exp bonus and the population kind of lend itself to leveling at the lower levels. I don't know what high level red is like for sure but I've been playing here since about November, and I am in the noob guild, and all the drama people talk about is pretty nonexistant.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I'm about to join Friends on red, should I know anything before I do. They say they do PVE but I don't believe that they do, and a lot of their guys are very weird and on TS it feels like I am talking to drug addicts. I'll still join because I like the tag unless someone tells me that they actually don't do PVE.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Rolled a human paladin on blue called Anthropos. Got gifted some items here and there but so far I'm mostly naked and trying to scrounge up a few platinum to dress myself up in starting gear. I'm killing stuff near the WFP gates. I played a ShadowKnight in vanilla EQ and I want to try being good for once! Can Paladins tank as well as SKs can?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Athropos posted:

Rolled a human paladin on blue called Anthropos. Got gifted some items here and there but so far I'm mostly naked and trying to scrounge up a few platinum to dress myself up in starting gear. I'm killing stuff near the WFP gates. I played a ShadowKnight in vanilla EQ and I want to try being good for once! Can Paladins tank as well as SKs can?

As well, yes. As easily, no. They do, however, play nicer with mez classes than SK as their primo aggro spell (Flash of Light) is not a DOT. The only downside is that blind spells sometimes act like fear spells when pathing goes wild, so be ready with roots/stuns in situations where the poo poo you're trying to taunt isn't right next to you.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

lemonslol posted:

I'm about to join Friends on red, should I know anything before I do. They say they do PVE but I don't believe that they do, and a lot of their guys are very weird and on TS it feels like I am talking to drug addicts. I'll still join because I like the tag unless someone tells me that they actually don't do PVE.

I played alongside most of the members of <Friends> for 3 years, recently the last year or so under that new guild tag. Most of them are hardcore players with like 9pm to 9am play times generally. They do PVE, probably more so since when I was with them which they did NOTHING except lodizal when velious came out, sat in iceclad all day long waiting for lodizal to spawn to login and kill it, log back out to another char parked somewhere else to find pvp or farm items. I think they finally opened recruitment up since I see tags on a lot of new people. One thing you should know ahead of time is you will NEVER be a part of the inner circle so you will probably end up feeling like an outsider in some situations. Same could be said for empires inner circle. Most of them go back pre P1999, years and years of playing together. The <Friends> guild has its share of great people, who if you prove yourself they will become your friend and help you out with stuff, level with you etc. However there are some you want to stay away from, soon as you tag up you will recognize them instantly as they will either ignore you, use you, or create some drama over alt #15 getting loot instead of you. Mind you most of them all have 5+ level 60s each, some 10-15 60s of each class, doubles even. Lot of them at one point were former nihilum/holocaust/empire members with high play time that either got kicked, left, burned out or otherwise.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

^^^^ a thing of beauty

Holy poo poo I just have to share this. I just did Stables in CoM on my 39 SK. We had some ogre warrior tanking who had to log a few times because his main's guild was trying to get this or that dragon, at which point I'd tank. I was already pulling after the monk had left, which was fine since everything died fast and the bard was charming adds.

All this time our level 44 cleric, the hero of this story, a gnome called Flavuhh Flav or something to that effect, had been nuking, then complaining he was low on mana. He never buffed me, though I asked five times and only healed me with a CH when I was tanking because the warrior had logged for five minutes. I started noticing something odd then too: the druid's strength kept disappearing. Now I know there's no mobs who dispell there, so I was a bit puzzled by this.

After the third time the warrior isn't logging on again, the bard's long gone and the last of the DPS had to leave - this is noon for me at CET, but deep in the night for American timezones, so me, the cleric and the druid were the only ones in CoM left - I sit down after a fight and notice my strength buff is fading. I also notice it's not Storm Strength, but Reckless Strength. I ask the cleric to please stop casting that on me, as it causes me to lose the druid's strength buff. He insists that it keeps me from dying, so my hitpoints don't drop drastically right before a Complete Heal. I explain to him that the cleric spell Reckless Strength doesn't work that way and that he's thinking of the enchanter line of Berserker Strength spells. He argues some more and I just ask him to stop doing it and he agrees, and I start pulling again.

I pull two mobs from the right sides of stables but more come, so I back off and FD. Out of the corner of my eye I see the cleric get up and cast bubbles, so I'm thinking he's casting IVU so the mobs won't aggro on him and the druid on their way back. The mobs start pathing back and the druid says "Uhhh", and I say it's ok, just wait for the last one and tag it... Ok tag it!

Then I notice my group window. The cleric hadn't cast IVU, he'd gated. I ask the druid what the gently caress, and he says "Yeah, I've had trouble with that guy in the past." Really? This guy got up to 44 without anyone ever calling him out on his poo poo, nuking instead of healing and then just running around with a mob hitting him? Not buffing? Not knowing what his spells actually do? Gating out during a pull?

Welcome to my ignore list, you little poo poo.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 18, 2016

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
My rogue is almost level 60 now. The next character I ever get serious with will not be a class that is completely group dependent. I am pretty much done with PUGs / Pubbies.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Meatgrinder posted:

Really? This guy got up to 44 without anyone ever calling him out on his poo poo, nuking instead of healing and then just running around with a mob hitting him? Not buffing? Not knowing what his spells actually do? Gating out during a pull?

Welcome to my ignore list, you little poo poo.

I started making a black list where I record all their names and the stupid poo poo they did. The list is useful for when a name sounds familiar for the wrong reasons and is good for keeping all your characters' ignore lists synchronized.

It's always awkward when the terrible people are part of groups, but you can consider it a warning that you need to baby sit them.

My black list and no port list are the same list. I'll still port black listed people if it's convenient, but I charge extra and make them pay first.

Generally, the server has a lot of great people though. I've had several people track me down and pay for teleports that they skipped out on. I've even had main characters pay lots of platinum because I ported their lower alts for free.

Is there a formal server policy regarding porting idiots to remote places and leaving them? I've been tempted and some group leaders have even requested for me to do it.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Arae posted:

Generally, the server has a lot of great people though. I've had several people track me down and pay for teleports that they skipped out on. I've even had main characters pay lots of platinum because I ported their lower alts for free.

Is there a formal server policy regarding porting idiots to remote places and leaving them? I've been tempted and some group leaders have even requested for me to do it.

Oh the general population on P1999 is actually fantastic, skilled players and kind individuals, which makes the inept and autistic people stand out all the more. But this guy, he was either drugged, drunk or 10 years old, no one is just that wilfully innane.

Also there should be a TL to bind that instead of a dialogue box just displays the message GET OUT.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Ramulack posted:

My rogue is almost level 60 now. The next character I ever get serious with will not be a class that is completely group dependent. I am pretty much done with PUGs / Pubbies.

feeling that right now as a warrior. All I want to do is roll a bard for when there are no groups, so I can play by myself.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Speaking of bad pubbies, lookout for this gem of a level 57 Paladin. Needless to say the group didn't hold together very long once he replaced our tank.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Arae posted:

It could probably be construed as harassment but I doubt you'd eat any time off for it unless you've already got a record. Being a lovely group member is just as bad or worse harassment IMO.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Ramulack posted:

Speaking of bad pubbies, lookout for this gem of a level 57 Paladin. Needless to say the group didn't hold together very long once he replaced our tank.

Not saying I sympathize this guy, because I play a warrior who is relatively under geared and I know what it's like when you turn that mob and three rogues back stab it and it turns around. Is there a chance that perhaps he is casual and under geared not just bad?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

lemonslol posted:

Not saying I sympathize this guy, because I play a warrior who is relatively under geared and I know what it's like when you turn that mob and three rogues back stab it and it turns around. Is there a chance that perhaps he is casual and under geared not just bad?

Warrior is indeed difficult, espcially if under geared. As a warrior you have only your weapon, (hopefully) procs and a taunt skill to keep agro.

As a knight you are the supreme god of taking agro quickly via low level quick casting spells. The dps a knight class does is fairly irrelevant to keeping the mobs attention.

I understand if theres a learning curve or whatever, but by level 57 you should know how your class works (unless you were powerleveled / rmt'd i guess).