Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You'll have to do the same in Gen 7 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Finishing up the Dex in 7 is just a matter of catching the exclusive pokemon from that gen after moving over my living dex. Which then becomes an original hunt for 150 again which is fairly manageable.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I can't wait to catch 138 the hit new 7th generation installment of the Pokemon franchise, Ebb and Flow, in 2028.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
One thing I think would be neat is, while it would break tradition (and probably lose them money since people like to get both versions to this day despite online) so it would never happen. If they just had one pokemon game and have the pokemon encounters be based on which region your game is from. So European, Japan, or the Americas. Granted this is probably because I haven't locally traded since Silver/Gold and mostly do GTS/Online trading

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Paul.Power posted:

I have a query: so I've got this (level 57) Chansey that the friendship checker NPC said was at maximum friendship, but it's not evolving when it levels up.

This Chansey has had a slightly buggy history, as it happens: it started out as a Happiny in OR that I Pokebanked back to Y in my mad quest to fill the national dex there (up to 699 now!). But when it got to Y, I realised I didn't have any Oval Stones, so I slapped my forehead and sent it back to OR. But then, when I tried to give the Happiny an oval stone, the NOT ABLE red text was showing next to it (even though it's an "evolve by levelling up while holding" item rather than a "evolve by giving it the item" item). Saying that, I still tried to give it the stone, somehow it accepted it and I managed to evolve it into a Chansey and send it back to Y. But now I'm getting this thing where it's not evolving despite maxed friendship.

Any thoughts?

e: daytime. Goddamn it.

e2: wait no hold on, that's for Happiny to Chansey. Aaaaaaa.

Happiness resets every time a Pokemon is traded, even if you trade and trade back iirc. Did you max its happiness in the most recent period in its game of residence?

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

How do people like Super Mystery Dungeon? The only one I've played was Gates to Infinity, and it was okay.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Mlle posted:

How do people like Super Mystery Dungeon? The only one I've played was Gates to Infinity, and it was okay.

Gates to Infinity is considered by far the worst one so if you liked it you will absolutely like PSMD

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

majormonotone posted:

Gates to Infinity is considered by far the worst one so if you liked it you will absolutely like PSMD

Good deal!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just want everyone playing Shuffle to know that I spent pretty much all my hearts for the past week on the Safari and finally tonight encountered Camerupt. It probably took >100 hearts. gently caress.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Houle posted:

One thing I think would be neat is, while it would break tradition (and probably lose them money since people like to get both versions to this day despite online) so it would never happen. If they just had one pokemon game and have the pokemon encounters be based on which region your game is from. So European, Japan, or the Americas. Granted this is probably because I haven't locally traded since Silver/Gold and mostly do GTS/Online trading
The only way I could see this working is if nothing was truly exclusive to any one region. See the bullshit rare Vivillon forms to see why it'd be a bad idea otherwise.

Version exclusive mons are a dumb idea in the first place, but that ship's already sailed.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I just want everyone playing Shuffle to know that I spent pretty much all my hearts for the past week on the Safari and finally tonight encountered Camerupt. It probably took >100 hearts. gently caress.

Approximately 1 in 20 will take more than 150 hearts to encounter Camerupt.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Approximately 1 in 20 will take more than 150 hearts to encounter Camerupt.

I fought Gigalith about 8-9 times too, which is the part I find strangest. 3% chance guy was no problem, 2% chance guy was an rear end in a top hat. Oh well, can't wait to get his mega stone eventually

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Haifisch posted:

The only way I could see this working is if nothing was truly exclusive to any one region. See the bullshit rare Vivillon forms to see why it'd be a bad idea otherwise.

Version exclusive mons are a dumb idea in the first place, but that ship's already sailed.

Well the idea is to promote trading. Putting pokemon that are exclusive to your region on the GTS in exchange for a pokemon that is exclusive to another region is that simple. It would also help if some trainers had some cool pokemon you couldn't get in game. It's not that hard to trade with people. The hardest part is trading for pokemon that require trade items that you traded yourself since, it's easy to just take the pokemon and "disconnect".

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'd mostly just rather be able to buy the game that has the exclusive mons I want, instead of having to futz around with the GTS for them. It's partially sloth, partially an aversion to using traded mons during the story. They level up faster than your other guys & are subject to badge level caps, especially early on. And most importantly, you can't pick your own nickname for them. :colbert:

It'd also gently caress people over if/when that game's wi-fi features were ended. Sorry, never getting any of those region exclusive Pokemon ever again without cheating! (Not that GF does or should design with that in mind, but hey, we're already discussing poo poo that'll never happen :v:)

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Rose Spirit posted:

Happiness resets every time a Pokemon is traded, even if you trade and trade back iirc. Did you max its happiness in the most recent period in its game of residence?
As far as I can tell, yes: as well as the evidence from the friendship checker, I've done a ton of cycling round/massaging etc.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Pokémon Red and Blue themed New 3DS bundle coming to the U.S. on February 27

free Pokemon events and more

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/686932641124253697

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Europe's getting all of the 2DS Pokemon Classic models except the one I actually wanted: sexy green. Good news for piss yellow lovers, though.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

A non-roundabout way to get Manaphy? Such a bright future ahead of us.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Pentaro posted:

So it sounds like I need to make a monthly trip to my nearest gamestop this year? Fantastic I guess.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Man, the old Sugimori art brings back memories. Something about that style is still appealing for whatever reason.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jarogue posted:

noooo i wanted Piss Yellow to match my GBC i got with Yellow 20 years ago

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pentaro posted:

Aww, that means no new Ranger game. Bah.

And only a couple of the distributions will be at Gamestop, the rest you get over Nintendo Network. Mew, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesect are Gamestop.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

Aww, that means no new Ranger game. Bah.

And only a couple of the distributions will be at Gamestop, the rest you get over Nintendo Network. Mew, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesect are Gamestop.

I wonder if they'll be wireless or if we have to quest for serial codes again.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Zoo06 posted:

I wonder if they'll be wireless or if we have to quest for serial codes again.

For Gamestop, it says you have to ask them for the code.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Houle posted:

PokeMMO is kinda like this, but just two regions, Kanto and Hoenn. I enjoy the heck out of it, but only because I basically completely missed gen 3-6. All of the pokemon have their movesets from Gen 6 though, which is awesome because those movesets kick rear end. They've even added an auction house recently

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sure, I'll transcribe the details for you. This applies to the US. I dunno about other regions.

February: Mew at Gamestop
March: Celebi over WiFi
April: Jirachi over WiFi
May: Darkrai at Gamestop
June: Manaphy over WiFi
July: Shaymin over WiFi
August: Arceus at Gamestop
September: Victini over WiFi
October: Keldeo over WiFi
November: Genesect at Gamestop
December: Meloetta over WiFi

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Here have a 20th anniversary trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSqhiq8OEA

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Shaymin and Manaphy are all I need to 100% my living dex so yay.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

when z

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Jarogue posted:

Finally, a new 3DS I would be willing to own

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The timeline on the 20th anniversary website lists a lot of the Pokemon spin-offs but doesn't mention Pokemon Picross. Interesting (or not).

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Speaking of Pokemon Picross it turns out you can cheese some Picrites by setting the 3DS clock back to 0:00 a little after completing the training challenge. It's a grind but you should be able to get all the Picrites you need by renewing the challenge over and over.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

cool. just bought a new 3dsxl a couple months ago after holding off for a good new regular 3ds for the faceplates, and now we get one. :sweatdrop:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Those faceplates are so great but i don't know if i could go back to the small size 3ds

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

46 more days.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Really disappointed that the new anniversary model is a regular size, I was looking to move up from my regular 3ds XL to a new one :(

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Nintendo of Europe tweeted about EU getting custom Pokemon faceplates for the N3DS today. They come in the 20th anniversary variant and the SMD Variant. Which is annoying cause SMD is not even out here.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The new Pokken playable characters are Braixen :allears: and Garchomp :black101:

Awesome choices, both are great. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Great, more Fire starter representation. :rolleyes: and its not even a good one. Where's my favorite reptile K Rool Feraligatr? It's the smash roster all over again.

• Locked thread