Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not having Rogan around to act like every punch that lands and every kick thrown was a fight ending shot actively detracts from the show, in my opinion.

He's one half of bald man shout times too, which is an undeniably amazing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
We would all like to congratulate CM Punk for reaching the level of: Super White Belt, congratulations

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
First whitebelt to get a sweet UFC videogame paycheck.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Not having Rogan around to act like every punch that lands and every kick thrown was a fight ending shot actively detracts from the show, in my opinion.

He's one half of bald man shout times too, which is an undeniably amazing thing.

One of Rogan's worst traits is that OH HE HURT HIM becomes his statement to any landed punch if the punch occurs in a championship match in which all strikes get a 500% damage bonus in his mind.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/11/10752028/mma-news-cm-punk-given-85-100-rating-ea-sports-ufc-2

quote:

According to Mike Bohn, CM Punk's overall rating is an 85/100. Yes, that is despite not having any pro fighting experience whatsoever. For context, assuming EA Sports hasn't changed its ratings system from the last game, an 85 rating puts him on the level of Martin Kampmann or Francis Carmont, and above 84-rated Pat Barry. Mark Hunt and Ross Pearson are both 86. The basic criteria include striking, grappling, and submissions, and then additional attributes within those three groupings.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/686684082210738176

quote:

Not since Samus Aran was revealed to be a woman have dummies been this butt hurt about a video game.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Clearly the only way to settle this is to put CM Punk in a cage with Pat Barry.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Clearly the only way to settle this is to put CM Punk in a cage with Pat Barry.

no, have him play super metroid

cams
Mar 28, 2003

finally people care about cm punk again

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Onmi posted:

Why? Do you think Bubba's wife got off on hearing Hogan poo poo talk black people? Was she masturbating furiously going "Oh God Hogan, Put those niggers down, yes tell me how much you hate black people and how you imagine them loving your daughter, I'm so close!"

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Clearly the only way to settle this is to put CM Punk in a cage with Ridley

"HOW YA DOIN', PUNKY?!?!"

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Like, of course that's what they're going to rate his character on a videogame. Does anyone really think they're going to highlight Punk and it's going to say CM PUNK: 10/100 or something?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Actually yeah that would own a lot

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I hope they make Punk the final boss of the game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The real ace move would be to Make Punk the first opponent you face in career mode like right after creating the 55 overall fighter you instantly get put on a Card against CM Punk.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I want to know who these idiots are who were mad Samus is a girl.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Great White Hope posted:

I'd say poo poo was weird back in 1986, but there probably are still people mad that Samus is a woman.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So the odds of Punk training for 2 years and getting knocked out in his first fight are still high, right

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

people were mad that the stormtroopers guy in star wars was black so...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BlueArmyMan posted:

I'd say poo poo was weird back in 1986, but there probably are still people mad that Samus is a woman.

And that man's name was Vince McMahon.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

"OH! That's tight Jericho is in trouble here Mik-oh he got out of it"

Grendels Dad posted:

I hope they make Punk the final boss of the game.

You must defeat Shen Long to stand a chance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ostentatious posted:

I've also seen a lot of people furious about the lead being a female, with accusations that she's a Mary Sue because she's somehow competent at surviving after a lifetime spent fending for herself in a desert.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Ostentatious posted:

that was a troll 4chan made up to get clickbait responses

Jerusalem posted:

I've also seen a lot of people furious about the lead being a female, with accusations that she's a Mary Sue because she's somehow competent at surviving after a lifetime spent fending for herself in a desert.

that completely misses the point as to why people consider her a mary sue but i don't want to start a derail so...

that said cm punk in the ufc game is cool and i can't wait to kick peoples' asses with him so they get mad that they got beat by a fake wrestler

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a retard posted:

that was a troll 4chan made up to get clickbait responses

That might have been what it originally was but it having black and female leads was a pretty big deal to douche bags for real

http://www.returnofkings.com/76356/star-wars-lost-4-2-million-because-of-our-reporting-that-identified-it-as-sjw-propaganda

http://www.returnofkings.com/75991/why-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-a-social-justice-propaganda-film

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

That might have been what it originally was but it having black and female leads was a pretty big deal to douche bags for real

http://www.returnofkings.com/76356/star-wars-lost-4-2-million-because-of-our-reporting-that-identified-it-as-sjw-propaganda
Saying it was a thing because RoK complained about it like saying a tweet with a single favorite means something. 20 people cared, so what?

It was a 4chan troll along with "Star Wars is racist/sexist because Finn is black and stormtroopers are Nazis, and that's the white man sin" or "Jar Jar binks"

Jerusalem posted:

Max Landis, is a lot of things, one of them apparently a sexist.

Like I've seen tons of racist and sexist pushback over Ibris possibly being the next Bond or whenever a woman/poc is recast in a previous male role, but the days of people being outraged purely by black people getting movies is a thing of the past.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

yeah a fringe misogynist blog nobody reads is definitely indicative of widespread hatred of black and female leads, also a lot of people were claiming that fury road was a feminist movie based solely on backlash against a random blog post on there, which sorta proves my point of people taking fringe beliefs and magnifying it to a greater extent than if they had just ignored it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NutritiousSnack posted:

Saying it was a thing because RoK complained about it like saying a tweet with a single favorite means something. 20 people cared, so what?

It was a 4chan troll along with "Star Wars is racist/sexist because Finn is black and stormtroopers are Nazis, and that's the white man sin" or "Jar Jar binks"

Max Landis, is a lot of things, one of them apparently a sexist.

Like I've seen tons of racist and sexist pushback over Ibris possibly being the next Bond or whenever a woman/poc is recast in a previous male role, but the days of people being outraged purely by black people getting movies is a thing of the past.

It was a staple of the IoSM thread for a while to post long Facebook threads of people bitching about Finn being black in a Star Wars film. Mostly people claiming the SJW angle. I'm not saying it was a huge cultural force but there were definitely a decent amount of terrible nerds who were angry about it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
People are retarded and retarded people on the internet are doubly so, do you really doubt that there were a decent amount of fans who were upset about what they see as an SJW invasion of their nerd hobbies? Gamergate is made up of the same type and they're not exactly a small amount of people

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Is CM Punk in the UFC game really any more ridiculous than Bruce Lee being in the last UFC game?

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Great White Hope posted:

it was cm punk

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

nerds are the worst

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sprecherscrow posted:

Is CM Punk in the UFC game really any more ridiculous than Bruce Lee being in the last UFC game?

Well neither of them are ever going to fight in the UFC so not really.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Bruce Lee's ground game would certainly be better.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Jerusalem posted:

She's a Mary Sue because she's a new character who's better at everything (Fixing the Millennium falcon! Using force powers! Winning lightsaber duels! Flying spaceships! Infiltrating enemy bases!) than any of the previously established characters, and doesn't face a road of trials where she loses before getting better at things.

On topic, CM Punk better do the GTS gesture after beating his first can.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bruce lee was an actual fighter that trained a variety of martial arts his whole life.

CM Punk is a guy whose fighting career consists of fake fighting.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Golden Bee posted:

She's a Mary Sue because she's a new character who's better at everything (Fixing the Millennium falcon! Using force powers! Winning lightsaber duels! Flying spaceships! Infiltrating enemy bases!) than any of the previously established characters, and doesn't face a road of trials where she loses before getting better at things.
The force is the Mary Sue here.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Fake dorks in past UFC games that could beat up CM Punk:

- Shaq
- Skrape, Punkass and Mask, the TapouT crew (RIP CHARLES LEWIS, NEVER FORGET :angel:)

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
cm punk is never going to fight, it was all a publicity stunt to get pro wrestling fans interested in mma. the guy is as fake as his straight edge gimmick, everyone knows he's a huge coke fiend

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bruce lee was an actual fighter that trained a variety of martial arts his whole life.

CM Punk is a guy whose fighting career consists of fake fighting.

Pro wrestling is more real than a lot of the fighting that Bruce lee did tbh

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

manyak posted:

Pro wrestling is more real than a lot of the fighting that Bruce lee did tbh

I don't think CM Punk could kick the dogshit out of Hong Man Jack in a street fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I get the skepticism of CM Punk but I'm pretty sure he could win a fight against the moldy bones of Bruce Lee. Hell I'd bet on him vs most corpses.

• Locked thread