Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Who What Now posted:

Dude is holding back an absolutely MASSIVE poo poo.

Please don't be rude. His name is Shadow the Hedgehog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That second one isn't really a remix. The music already sounds that way in-game.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Amppelix posted:

I wonder what his doctorate is?

Gender Studies.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a cartoon duck posted:

Gender Studies.

What is this from

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Sonic Heroes manual.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Either the manual for Adventure 2 or Heroes I think?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

What is this from

The manual of sonic heroes

e: welp

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I thought his name was Robotnik?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Eggman is his original Japanese name. Around the Dreamcast Sega decided to just keep it the same in localization

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

In the original game, he was Doctor Ivo Robotnik in the English version and Doctor Eggman in the Japanese.

The official story is that his full name is now Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, with "Eggman" being a nickname because the dude looks like an egg.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
But where does Kintobor come into this

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Mokinokaro posted:

Eggman is his original Japanese name. Around the Dreamcast Sega decided to just keep it the same in localization

Same as Princess Toadstool/Peach

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Taciturn Tactician posted:

But where does Kintobor come into this

He's from the UK comics, which are considered non-canon to the rest of the Sonic universe :goonsay::waycool:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wanamingo posted:

He's from the UK comics, which are considered non-canon to the rest of the Sonic universe :goonsay::waycool:

Kintobor is also the original surname of Robotnik in the Archie comics, where he later co-existed with Robo-Robotnik, who took on the Eggman moniker.

Scaly Haylie has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Jan 12, 2016

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

Kintobor is also the original surname of Robotnik in the Archie comics, where he later co-existed with Robo-Robotnik, who took on the Eggman moniker.

I have been out Soniced

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The comics also briefly offered the possibility of a Hulk Hogan version of Robotnik:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wanamingo posted:

Lizard Wizard posted:

Now see, it would be easy to just post a bunch of fan trap cards from Yu-Gi-Oh here. Lord knows those get extremely weird, but usually they steal the art, and you can just make them with online generators even if you can't figure out how to cleanly edit them in paint. So I went a little deeper.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lol i'm the copyright by Isis corp

also i think i might have the tism because everything about that cards text box is loving wrong.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lizard Wizard posted:

The comics also briefly offered the possibility of a Hulk Hogan version of Robotnik:

I seem to recognize that Hulk Eggan from somewhere. Is there a poster with the slogan "I hate that hedgehog, BROTHER!"?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I seem to recognize that Hulk Eggan from somewhere. Is there a poster with the slogan "I hate that hedgehog, BROTHER!"?

There's a user on here who has/had that as a avatar.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That's what I thought.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Now see, it would be easy to just post a bunch of fan trap cards from Yu-Gi-Oh here. Lord knows those get extremely weird, but usually they steal the art, and you can just make them with online generators even if you can't figure out how to cleanly edit them in paint. So I went a little deeper.

Hey, go on about sprung traps all you want, but the Archie Sonic comics have some goofy poo poo and I love that.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey, go on about sprung traps all you want, but the Archie Sonic comics have some goofy poo poo and I love that.

I mean you're free to have as much shame or pride about the knowledge as you want, but I literally posted that to get people to nerd out about Sonic canon and it worked so I feel fully entitled to call it sprung.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

R. Garfield Reventlov up in here.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

ster wers spoilers
http://i.imgur.com/ymNasVr.png http://i.imgur.com/42aMAlI.jpg

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I can't even recognize a quarter of these people without their armor on.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Couple more Undertale remixes.

https://soundcloud.com/zafire-dragoon/spider-swing

https://soundcloud.com/archdiggle/undertale-temmie-get-money-for-colege

E.

https://soundcloud.com/renim_g/geeeeeetttt-dunked-on?in=kyisho/sets/undertale-remixes-1

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 05:28 on Jan 13, 2016

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Ramos posted:

I can't even recognize a quarter of these people without their armor on.

From left to right:
Crestfallen warrior (DeS), Maiden in black, Solaire, (???), Alfred, Plain doll, the Hunter, Alvina the cat, Artorias, Lucatiel of Mirrah, Sif, (benhart or the faraam knight from the DS2 cover) and the Emerald Herald.

I don't know who the hoodie girl might be or exactly who second to last on the right is.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

The line up for the curious:

Slayer of Demons, Maiden in Black, Solaire, Rhea of Thorolund, Chosen Undead, Plain Doll, the Hunter, Sweet Shalquoir, Artorias, Ciaran, Sif, Bearer of the Curse, Shanalotte.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The worst part of Anor Londo.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

this is almost accurate, it's missing the player invader joining the npc archers as the third archer.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

ShadowMar posted:

this is almost accurate, it's missing the player invader joining the npc archers as the third archer.

chrisoya posted:

The worst part of Anor Londo.

I'll be honest, I think I understand what Vietnam vets feel when they hear a car backfire when I look at this picture.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Anor London't remind me :smith:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the ledge archers are an incredibly elegant piece of minimalist art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Pomp posted:

the ledge archers are an incredibly elegant piece of minimalist art

Looks like brutalism to me :iamafag:

Edit: oh right I guess I can post this now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yw0wHQx9A

FutonForensic has a new favorite as of 18:21 on Jan 13, 2016

• Locked thread