Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The great recession has Paddy's Dollars and the entire bit where Dennis forgets he actually came up with the plan, and Frank's second suicide attempt after cutting his thumb is incredible. Also "You're lucky I'm a resilient man!- you tried killing yourself twice today", "we're crab people now".

Sounds pretty memorable to me but otoh I'm obsessed with this show so, whatever.

"How does the self-sustaining economy work? I don't know how the US economy works to be honest"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It shows up again in "The Gang Dines out". It's been implied in a couple of episodes that Mac and Dennis are basically dating.

Can somebody please post the gif of Mac and Dennis getting ready to dance at that big gathering they held for everybody they'd wronged (and Cricket)?

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I love the rear end kickers episode. The resounding CRUNCH of that guy eating a paint chip, followed by "hm, tastes like paint" kills me every time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

hughesta posted:

I love the rear end kickers episode. The resounding CRUNCH of that guy eating a paint chip, followed by "hm, tastes like paint" kills me every time.

Yeah, yeah, that's the good paint.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

Noctone posted:

Frank's Brother is the only episode I consistently skip anytime I make a run through the show, but even that episode has a bright spot in Dennis noting that everyone is a lot fatter than expected.

About the only memorable moment for me is Frank's "Those were the days!"

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

So this turned up in my facebook feed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZM__vY9DIw

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ninja alamode posted:

About the only memorable moment for me is Frank's "Those were the days!"

"Everyone is a looooot fatter than I had imagined."

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
My favorite part about this show is how amazing the bit characters are.

Pepperjack only had one scene and it's beyond amazing and memorable.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dead Precedents posted:

My favorite part about this show is how amazing the bit characters are.

Pepperjack only had one scene and it's beyond amazing and memorable.

He loves fraggle rock

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

bobkatt013 posted:

oooooo pepperjack love fraggle rock

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I can skip Frank's Brother most times but it does have one of the most memorable lines for me:

"So is it me, or the drugs"
"Drugs!"
"What?"
"Drugs! I choose drugs!"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Frank's colombian montage is nothing short of amazing.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yeah the Colombian montage makes the episode awesome for me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I like the joke where Devito was playing his teenage self as a 70 yr old man, and the club owner and shadynasty both comment on how he looks like a child.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
The reveal that the bar is called "Shadynasty" is hilarious to me. Probably the worst episode of the show, but it still has great moments.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah Frank's brother is probably the De Facto (De Vito?) worst episode but Dennis's fat line and Shadynasty are funny. I hated who pooped the bed until the thread was like "Inconclusive Wolf Blood" and i was like oh poo poo yeah its actually amazing, although it's definitely the Worst Artemis moment, it's very long and drawn out but with basically no jokes for like 4 minutes straight.

Charlie Work is my favorite to be sure, but it's more like a DvD special feature than a real episode. The Gang Dines out, which I just watched, is pretty much perfect though.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah Frank's brother is probably the De Facto (De Vito?) worst episode but Dennis's fat line and Shadynasty are funny. I hated who pooped the bed until the thread was like "Inconclusive Wolf Blood" and i was like oh poo poo yeah its actually amazing, although it's definitely the Worst Artemis moment, it's very long and drawn out but with basically no jokes for like 4 minutes straight.

Charlie Work is my favorite to be sure, but it's more like a DvD special feature than a real episode. The Gang Dines out, which I just watched, is pretty much perfect though.

Artemis' segment was great and the part where the two poops combined into one and the waitress pooping into Dee's bag while laughing maniacally had me in stitches.

Also the inconclusive wolf hair, blood and newspaper (and bits of credit card) is probably the funniest moment between Charlie and Frank besides the blood capsule limo scene in Frank's Pretty Woman.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess that don't leave me with no choice

but to be a mature rear end adult about this poo poo.

How can Frank's Brother be a bad episode?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Bust Rodd posted:

although it's definitely the Worst Artemis moment

look at how wrong you are. that episode added the amazing phrase "fecal forgery" to all of our vocabularies.

it also had dee trying to steal a pair of shoes by running out the door and tripping and diving head first into the side of a parked car. physical humor might be lowbrow but watching her spear into that car is hilarious and gets me laughing every time.

edit: also Frank's Pretty Woman is pretty much perfect. "Shut up, baby dick" and fake tiger woods being into foot stuff and trying to get dee into foot stuff is t.v. gold.

Freaking Crumbum fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 12, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Cojawfee posted:

How can Frank's Brother be a bad episode?

I don't know but I've defended that episode so many times itt I just kinda accept it as being a bad episode through consensus opinion by now.

I think people generally don't love the flashback format of the episode and maybe the fact that it basically retcons mostly everything we know about Frank's history from previous episodes but I really don't know why it's so universally disliked, as far as I'm concerned every Frank-centric episode is magic.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Charlie Work is almost as overrated as the loving Nightman episode.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

bobkatt013 posted:

He loves fraggle rock

also great is when dee reminds dennis that they aren't actually going to kill the waitress and dennis has this huge pause and you can tell he's having to mentally switch gears very quickly. "ohh, right, well, that's a bummer."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So far I haven't seen any actual criticisms of Frank's Brother. Just people agreeing that people don't like it but acknowledging that it's pretty good. Then one guy who says it is boring but I don't see how that's possible with the crazy night club and Colombia scenes. I'm sticking with my story that there are no bad episodes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think physical humor is basically the second easiest kind of humor to get wrong(the first being irreverance i.e. 9/11 rape jokes and whatever) these can uproarious when nailed but when they fall flat they just die a slow awkward death.

Caitlin Olson and to a much lesser extent Glenn (lol greg) have proven themselves to be absolute masters of physical comedy. I can't think of a show with funnier stunts then Dee headbutting the car or dryheaving or when they are crackheads.

I think Artemis can be super funny in Teeny Tiny Doses. Her sound guy stint in Frank's little beauties or as Desert Rose are great and "I spin trance, hip-hop and trip-hop at the Arby's downtown... under DJ Beef 'n' Chedda" is like top 3 lines in the show, but that long drawn out sequence doesn't have any of the oomph of Dee's car door or Wolf hair sketch for me, but I understand high brow silliness being funny to people so it's just my opinion. I also don't think the waitress is funny in any scene, she is the worst part of the show and literally never gets a laugh out of me. She would never have made it past season 5 without being Charlie Day's wife.

Ninja Edit: Like, take Rickety Cricket for example. He's a greedy miserable bastard because the gang made him that way, but even while being a grimy, homeless, burn victim crack-whore he is still always funny and brings this great energy to every scene. Charlie's reaction to her in this most recent episode is pretty much how i hear her as well. "Your friend is a dick so i hosed his dad, ha ha ha!" like what? that isn't funny its just sad, and the scene is even written with everyone being like "Uh, wtf did you think would happen exactly?"

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 12, 2016

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
The waitress is mostly used as the straight man to counter the group. But yeah, even when her character do go off the rails she doesn't do much with it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bust Rodd posted:

I
I think Artemis can be super funny in Teeny Tiny Doses. Her sound guy stint in Frank's little beauties or as Desert Rose are great and "I spin trance, hip-hop and trip-hop at the Arby's downtown... under DJ Beef 'n' Chedda" is like top 3 lines in the show, but that long drawn out sequence doesn't have any of the oomph of Dee's car door or Wolf hair sketch for me, but I understand high brow silliness being funny to people so it's just my opinion. I also don't think the waitress is funny in any scene, she is the worst part of the show and literally never gets a laugh out of me. She would never have made it past season 5 without being Charlie Day's wife.

She is great in the Jersey Shore episode.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

So far I haven't seen any actual criticisms of Frank's Brother. Just people agreeing that people don't like it but acknowledging that it's pretty good. Then one guy who says it is boring but I don't see how that's possible with the crazy night club and Colombia scenes. I'm sticking with my story that there are no bad episodes.

It's actually really boring and one of the few bad episodes

drunken officeparty posted:

Charlie Work is almost as overrated as the loving Nightman episode.

this guy is real dumb though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What's boring about it?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

I think physical humor is basically the second easiest kind of humor to get wrong(the first being irreverance i.e. 9/11 rape jokes and whatever) these can uproarious when nailed but when they fall flat they just die a slow awkward death.

Caitlin Olson and to a much lesser extent Greg have proven themselves to be absolute masters of physical comedy. I can't think of a show with funnier stunts then Dee headbutting the car or dryheaving or when they are crackheads.

Ninja Edit: Like, take Rickety Cricket for example. He's a greedy miserable bastard because the gang made him that way, but even while being a grimy, homeless, burn victim crack-whore he is still always funny and brings this great energy to every scene. Charlie's reaction to her in this most recent episode is pretty much how i hear her as well. "Your friend is a dick so i hosed his dad, ha ha ha!" like what? that isn't funny its just sad, and the scene is even written with everyone being like "Uh, wtf did you think would happen exactly?"

lol who's Greg?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

After seeing that image I went to go make this video and someone already did it. Win win.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

timp posted:

lol who's Greg?

Fix't

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Bust Rodd posted:

Caitlin Olson and to a much lesser extent Greg have proven themselves to be absolute masters of physical comedy. I can't think of a show with funnier stunts then Dee headbutting the car or dryheaving or when they are crackheads.

It's a good thing The Waitress doesn't have online to read this wrong opinion.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
the only episode I can think of that I wouldn't want to watch again is The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell. I appreciate the ambition of it, but it just didn't work for me.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

The worst ep is the one where psycho Pete returns

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

phosdex posted:

The worst ep is the one where psycho Pete returns

I see people say this a lot, but I don't even think it's the worst of that season. For one outstanding reason: The gloryhole confessional scene. How early in this show's history was Mac's Catholicism introduced? Rickety Cricket being a priest goes back to Season 2, and the glory hole was introduced in season 4. And 6 seasons later they were able to weave all of those into the psycho Pete storyline without it feeling like a forced continuity callback. Plus that episode has Cricket's gay prostitution stuff and Dennis being diagnosed.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

How early in this show's history was Mac's Catholicism introduced?

Second episode, Charlie Wants an Abortion

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Psycho Pete, Liberty Bell, and Who Pooped the Bed? are the only episodes I usually skip.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Cricks easily steals the show in Psycho Pete

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Cricks easily steals the show in Psycho Pete

Cricket, it's like, anything we can do to have you not talk about, like, sucking penises or getting raped in the butt-

It just keeps popping up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bobkatt013 posted:

She is great in the Jersey Shore episode.

Somebody mentioned how it is difficult to nail rape jokes without them falling flat earlier, so I just want to say I laugh so much every time she wakes up, sees him and asks,"Charlie, did you rape me last night?"