Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Afraid of Audio posted:

i apologize for making GBS threads on peoples crossover ideas in the past

apparently the sky's the limit

The next one had better be the same heist, but crossed with Viscera Cleanup Detail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Deviant posted:

The next one had better be the same heist, but crossed with Viscera Cleanup Detail

hatoful boyfriend heist when

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK

Deviant posted:

I mean, it's not a lot to go off of, but the screenshots look like some pretty awesome maps. V:shobon:V

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Afraid of Audio posted:

So I really am the Payday 2 secret after all. Everything is possible.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Crabtree posted:

So I really am the Payday 2 secret after all. Everything is possible.

its a heisting miracle

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

At this point i am but an unquestioningly loyal child soldier in overkills west african dictstorship army

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the youtube comments are salty as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Just wait, the Huniepop DLC is coming! You won't be able to dodge it this time, Vox!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
All of your time spent meticulously looking for some deep and methodical SECRET in the code was in vain, Vox. It's just me and I'm here to say that everything can be stolen. Everyone can be a Heister.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It's a little weird that something this silly is a full-price DLC.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Basticle posted:

At this point i am but an unquestioningly loyal child soldier in overkills west african dictstorship army

Goat heist patch notes:
Stockholm syndrome now properly working in the SA PD2 thread

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I try to avoid empty-quoting but

Coolguye posted:

I haven't even played the game in the last 2 weeks and I'm buying this one on day 1 out of PRINCIPLE.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Hm. Haven't checked into the PD2 thread in awhile. I'mma see what's u-

Doodmons posted:

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/goat/

Goats full of coke! Goat coke rear end extraction! Of course it would be a Vlad job!

Afraid of Audio posted:

:dogbutton:

isndl posted:

Just wait, the Huniepop DLC is coming! You won't be able to dodge it this time, Vox!

thanks for the heist, homie

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Teddybear posted:

Maybe its like the Chivalry stuff where they are sharing the revenue 50/50 with the devs of Goat Simulator?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
As long as the KF/2 Collab happens on a Halloween and Chip Cheezum or someone at Volition wants to get some extra money for a Saints Row Character pack/Heist deal, every other dumb crossover is gravy.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I unironically love that the new map set in DC has the cherry blossoms the city is known for.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
But where is Lo Wang?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

What if this heist is to set up the eventual Saint's Row DLC where The Boss and Johnny Gat are just hacking into DC and loving reality up somehow.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Dr Cheeto posted:

But where is Lo Wang?

They've already done two collaborations with Devolver. The hold up is likely waiting on Flying Wild Hog to finish Shadow Warrior 2 like what happened with the Jacket pack of Hotline Miami 2.

Although I'm already drooling over the idea of him shouting at Jiro to "try not to die on getting the hell over here, Grandpa".

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 12, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Teddybear posted:

If it's two new maps that look as big and pretty as the screenshots imply, a fair amount of work went into it regardless of how silly it is.

This does raise an interesting question though - Does a 2-day heist add as much 'value' to the game as 2 1-day heists?

Geight fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 12, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Geight posted:

This does raise an interesting question though - Does a 2-day heist add as much 'value' to the game as 2 1-day heists?

For the most part? Yeah, I think so. We've got five 2-day heists at this point (Watchdogs, Big Oil, Election Day, Hotline Miami, Hoxton Breakout) and any single day of those is pretty equivalent to 1-day heists. Well, Election Day 1 aside, but that's because most of us have blitzing that down to a science by this point. Even the 3-day heists are pretty good that way - Firestarter's 3 days are all reasonably solid, Rats and Framing Frame have the one filler day in the middle but the other two days are solid.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Basticle posted:

Not empty quoting. Sweet merciful Christ.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Crabtree posted:

All of your time spent meticulously looking for some deep and methodical SECRET in the code was in vain, Vox. It's just me and I'm here to say that everything can be stolen. Everyone can be a Heister.

Here's the secret-keep click-dragging the parental advisory label on the website.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 12, 2016

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Maybe this will have a GoatZ follow up? I mean, its honestly the easiest jump they could have to a zombie heist now. haha.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
They already a zombie heist and it was really good.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Looking forward to the I Am Bread Heist.

No, really, I am.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Teddybear posted:

It's a 3-day heist, and has a gun, 4 melee weapons, and 4 masks with it. It's silly but it's not like they're stiffing us on content with this one.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
This is it. This is the colossal goatfuck.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The only heist that can be completed by failing it. But it really has three days? Christ, are they actually working their way to the legendary four day job?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Where are you guys getting three days from? It says in the video that it's a two day heist.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Here's the secret-keep click-dragging the parental advisory label on the website.

You know it's not that big a secret, right. :v:

Crabtree posted:

The only heist that can be completed by failing it. But it really has three days? Christ, are they actually working their way to the legendary four day job?

They're just warming us up for the week long heist is all.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

RandallODim posted:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
So after this, there's really no crossover too outlandish.
Finally, I will get the Kane & Lynch: Dead Men x Payday 2 x Terraria x Old Man & The Sea Heist I have dreamed of since I was but a boy.
2 Day job. Vlad, naturally.

Payday Campaign sheet updated accordingly.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/159kU-VjVY3J8k9JjuS9pKZmjkmkcn7C4Wy72dQX-sH0/edit?usp=sharing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Well, the power is back on, it went off RIGHT as the trailer for the new dlc ended, which I thought was supposed to be some kind of sick joke

but you know what isn't a sick joke? This heist. This is going to be the best thing that has ever HAPPENED with this game, and I am so incredibly excited. Also, what the hell

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

RandallODim posted:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
We've gone from jumping the shark to loving the goat?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Payday 2: This is it. This is the Colossal Goatfuck.
Alternately; Payday 2: Accidental Goat Sodomy

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Since overkill seems to be getting in on every game that was massively cross-promoted on Steam (goat simulator, Chivalry) it makes sense that the next new heist will be based on Magica.

EDIT: Maybe Dungeon Defenders.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
DOTA2/TF2, duh, we're going to steal everyone's hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Mendrian posted:

Since overkill seems to be getting in on every game that was massively cross-promoted on Steam (goat simulator, Chivalry) it makes sense that the next new heist will be based on Magica.

EDIT: Maybe Dungeon Defenders.

Bad Rats.