Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Changed glider deployment to be more tolerant of network latency.

thank god

Visidan posted:

Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account. These slots will appear at the top of your inventory once purchased. Each account can have up to 5 Shared Inventory Slots at this time.

That seems a little steep in price.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I'm hoping that means client side gliding as god intended.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
The new raid wings are being released at an embarrassingly slow rate, and I say this as a person that doesn't even raid. Doesn't WoW release raid wings in 2-week increments? (LFR mode excluded)

Edit: HoT in general seems like an exercise in the developers desperately trying to buy more time by delaying implementations of content. It's a real bummer, and it casts a pall over an otherwise delightful game.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 12, 2016

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
gently caress paying for basic quality of life features. I don't have much time to play right now, and having to spend 5 minutes of my hour play session to move my copper fed salvage tool (that I already paid gems for) around is really dumb. This is on top of already tedious bag, item, and loot management that is just padded gameplay time. They should give everyone a single slot and make the other slots gem store upgrades.

I am not enjoying the expansion. Sorry Tivac :(

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

What, so the 700 gems is the price of ONE shared inventory slot? I somehow thought it was the price of 5, and then you could buy more at increments of 5... oh, silly, silly me.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

whydirt posted:

gently caress paying for basic quality of life features. I don't have much time to play right now, and having to spend 5 minutes of my hour play session to move my copper fed salvage tool (that I already paid gems for) around is really dumb. This is on top of already tedious bag, item, and loot management that is just padded gameplay time. They should give everyone a single slot and make the other slots gem store upgrades.

I am not enjoying the expansion. Sorry Tivac :(

On one hand those slots are good because you can put something like your copper fed salvage thing there and share amongst all alts therefore never having to buy or carry separate salvage kits again.

On the other hand I agree completely that this is total load of poo poo to charge really steep prices for a basic quality of life feature like this.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Gliding is 20000% more responsive.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

CLAM DOWN posted:

On one hand those slots are good because you can put something like your copper fed salvage thing there and share amongst all alts therefore never having to buy or carry separate salvage kits again.

On the other hand I agree completely that this is total load of poo poo to charge really steep prices for a basic quality of life feature like this.

But they need the money to continue developing quality content. Living Story 3 is at stake here.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yay I have a spare hour in which to play.

Oh.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

quote:

Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account. These slots will appear at the top of your inventory once purchased. Each account can have up to 5 Shared Inventory Slots at this time.

Oh my god, a home for my copper-fed

:homebrew:

Edit: yeah, it's kind of a steep price, but that's literally the only thing I wish every character had access to (gathering tools are too much of a hassle to remember to unequip and move around).

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 12, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Gliding is 20000% more responsive.

I'm so glad to read this, I've been having internet issues lately and gliding was basically impossible so I gave up.

DonVincenzo posted:

But they need the money to continue developing quality content. Living Story 3 is at stake here.

scarlet eat the egg

learnincurve posted:

Yay I have a spare hour in which to play.

Oh.

lol :smith:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Mizuti posted:

The new raid wings are being released at an embarrassingly slow rate, and I say this as a person that doesn't even raid. Doesn't WoW release raid wings in 2-week increments? (LFR mode excluded)

Edit: HoT in general seems like an exercise in the developers desperately trying to buy more time by delaying implementations of content. It's a real bummer, and it casts a pall over an otherwise delightful game.

Not really, wow raids take months to release and LFR content is generally existing content that's been adjusted once the "hardcores" have burned through it.

Raids haven't even been out for 2 months yet, so expecting to get another wing now is unrealistic.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Schpyder posted:

Oh my god, a home for my copper-fed

:homebrew:

Edit: yeah, it's kind of a steep price, but that's literally the only thing I wish every character had access to (gathering tools are too much of a hassle to remember to unequip and move around).

It's really intended for the dumb amount of zone specific keys when you have multiple characters: Crowbars, Auric Keys, Chak Acid, Machetes, Zephyrite Keys, Bandit Chest keys.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Fart gas is still stuck on my necro rip.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

UchihaHirou posted:

It's really intended for the dumb amount of zone specific keys when you have multiple characters: Crowbars, Auric Keys, Chak Acid, Machetes, Zephyrite Keys, Bandit Chest keys.

No you're thinking of the yet to be released 2800 gem key ring, which is like a wallet for keys (new ones will not be added to it).

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Visidan posted:

Fart gas is still stuck on my necro rip.

I don't think we'll see a fix for this any time soon since just a tiny percentage of the playerbase is affected by it

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
You know who releases extensive new content on a reliable schedule? Star Trek: Online.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
Friend of All Children
New outfit datamined

Also new eagle backpack item/glider.

Also new black lion weapon skins but they look terrible.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This. This is what their art team has been up to. Jesus loving christ.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

DonVincenzo posted:

Also new black lion weapon skins but they look terrible.

As opposed to the outfit???

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aleph Null posted:

You know who releases extensive new content on a reliable schedule? Star Trek: Online.

I should really give that game another shot.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
Friend of All Children

Probad posted:

As opposed to the outfit???

Terrible-er?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Lyer posted:

Not really, wow raids take months to release and LFR content is generally existing content that's been adjusted once the "hardcores" have burned through it.

I mean when they release a raid proper, whether in a major content patch or an expansion launch, the wings get rolled out in two-week increments. (LFR mode gets the content delayed in longer intervals) Then when all the wings are exhausted, the players need to wait for the next major content patch or expansion launch. Did I get that schedule wrong?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I see the GOON dev has been advising the art team of the guild's interests, well done Plague

e: I love the tiny shoulder-bird on the outfit even if it is ugly as hell :allears:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
If I were a resident of Tyria, I too would glue twigs to my Legend of Zelda armor for added protection.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Finally I can look like Birdperson in my favorite dress-up-based MMO.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo these datamined weapons are godawful.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Man the shared inventory slots thing sounds amazing but only selling ONE slot at a time for 700 loving gems is just loooool

I feel like they didn't think this through

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

No kidding, check these babies out

I logged in to get a shield screenshot for Arus but either they didn't make a shield or that_shaman just couldn't find its code. really I could see it going either way :lol:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

*drags copy/paste tool over a wing model, liberally paints it on screen*

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
Friend of All Children

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I feel like they didn't think this through

When you see the price of 5 I'm pretty sure they did. And thoroughly.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

No kidding, check these babies out

I logged in to get a shield screenshot for Arus but either they didn't make a shield or that_shaman just couldn't find its code. really I could see it going either way :lol:

Those might be kinda cool in game if they have neat effects on them like the glowy poo poo seems to suggest

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
With weapon skins like that I can see why they want to gouge people on the shared slots.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Magres posted:

Those might be kinda cool in game if they have neat effects on them like the glowy poo poo seems to suggest

They look worse.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Between that new outfit and those weapon skins I'm starting to think anet's art team is composed of retarded toddlers and rabid birds furiously scribbling away in ms paint.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Honestly I'm mostly pissed about the pricing on these shared inventory slots

Getting all five of them costs as much as getting HoT

E: On one hand this is outrageously loving expensive, on the other hand I kinda get it because if I got them I would never have any desire to buy extra sets of any of the gem store utility poo poo I have on my main character that I really like having easy access to. My girlfriend has two sets of gathering tools because she hates swapping her stuff back and forth and it's a similar cost to get 5 slots as it is to get another set of gathering tools. My rationalization that makes me slightly less mad is that they're pricing it around losing a future gem store sales on stuff. I'm still not buying them unless they drop to like literally half (or less) of the current price, but I kiiiind of get why they're so expensive.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 12, 2016

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
At least outfit and weapons look better than the WvW borderlands map :negative:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I like the weapon skins, screw you all!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I read it as one bag slot and was excited. It'd be cool if it was a bag slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

DonVincenzo posted:

New outfit datamined

Looking at the shoulders, I thought this might of been the start of a full armor set for the druid, and other classes to follow, but no, that is not the case.

• Locked thread