Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stymie posted:

i like apple just fine

which is why i'm so disappointed the company has been under such poor leadership

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Dodoman posted:

Don't quote

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
I like how DNS resolution is a giant loving mess in OSX/iOS and it was so bad in yosemite they tried to switch to something different, made it worse, and then switched back.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Tatsujin posted:

I like how

*megaphone screech*

SAME

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Last Chance posted:

apple fuckin owns, i kiss my picture of tim everynight before bed.

there's better ways to make yourself gay

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it's really hosed up that cream knob is probated. super messed up. Apple telephone.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Apple has solved the problem of smartwatch battery life with its latest software update iOS 9.3 and WatchOS 2.2.

Users will now be able to pair more than one Apple Watch to an iPhone and automatically switch between them, which means the faithful can now replace a watch that has run out of battery by hot-swapping to a fresh one.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Tatsujin posted:

I like how DNS resolution is a giant loving mess in OSX/iOS and it was so bad in yosemite they tried to switch to something different, made it worse, and then switched back.

how do you gently caress up dns resolution?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

BONGHITZ posted:

it's really hosed up that cream knob is probated. super messed up. Apple telephone.

the faithful right hand of our lord smythe, sir zen death robot, has carried out his holy will and brought peace upon our lands for 3 moons.

we will rest and prepare for its return

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Dodoman posted:

And, why would you gently caress with DNS resolution in the first place? Unless Apple put some sort of DNS caching mechanism in OSX?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Linguica posted:

Apple has solved the problem of smartwatch battery life with its latest software update iOS 9.3 and WatchOS 2.2.

Users will now be able to pair more than one Apple Watch to an iPhone and automatically switch between them, which means the faithful can now replace a watch that has run out of battery by hot-swapping to a fresh one.
lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the faithful apple customer will soon end up with apple watches all the way up his arm like a cartoon counterfeiter

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN

trilljester posted:

And, why would you gently caress with DNS resolution in the first place? Unless Apple put some sort of DNS caching mechanism in OSX?

It uses mDNSReponder, and they tried to use discoveryd during earlier releases of yosemite but they had to put mDNSResponder back it because discoveryd hosed up too many networks

its fine i guess but sometimes it does some dumb poo poo when paired with bonjour and it tries to assume that you don't have a router with DNS Forwarding and DHCP that actually handles everything

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

the faithful apple customer will soon end up with apple watches all the way up his arm like a cartoon counterfeiter

his or her arm

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Tatsujin posted:

It uses mDNSReponder, and they tried to use discoveryd during earlier releases of yosemite but they had to put mDNSResponder back it because discoveryd hosed up too many networks

its fine i guess but sometimes it does some dumb poo poo when paired with bonjour and it tries to assume that you don't have a router with DNS Forwarding and DHCP that actually handles everything

and allegedly that finally got to fixed because of vint cerf telling timb that his poo poo was broken

dehumanized yourself and face to the metrics in timb's apple

automated crash reports are low, customer sat is high, so the software must be fine regardless of how broken dns is

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THC posted:

I upgraded my friend's 2011 Macbook Pro to an SSD on saturday. installed el cap obv. she is exceedingly delighted

2011 MacBook Pro with an ssd supremacy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Stymie posted:

i like apple just fine

which is why i'm so disappointed the company has been under such poor leadership

steve is dead tho :confused:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BONGHITZ posted:

please dont probate cream knob, where will i get the latest apple news??

https://twitter.com/tim_cook/status/685646125261438976

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hmm i guess it works

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

mishaq posted:

i believe it has been stated before but there really should be an apple six figgies thread and an apple sub six figgies thread.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

finally apple brings the Linux experience to your arm

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
actually anroid is the funny OS with a lot of clocks op

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

mishaq posted:

fiancee's 2010 mbp is definitely suiting her needs after I swapped in an SSD and upgraded osx.

very nice computers.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

cremnob posted:

apple just dropped a huge bomb

http://www.apple.com/ios/preview/

rip f.lux lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

neonbregna posted:

i believe it has been stated before but there really should be an apple six figgies thread and an apple sub six figgies thread.

what if you can easily afford a new mac but your old one is so needs suiting it would be bad for the environment to replace it unnecessarily

my MacBook Pro actually sits idle now, i use my 2011 Mac mini with an SSD at home mostly

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

fiancee's 2010 mbp is definitely suiting her needs after I swapped in an SSD and upgraded osx.

very nice computers.

mom's machine is a 2009 mac mini with an ssd

haven't had a "please fix my computer" since she got it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mishaq posted:

mom's machine is a 2009 mac mini with an ssd

haven't had a "please fix my computer" since she got it
i wish this was my case too, i had to cj parents' imac beyond any reasonable extent

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

cremnob posted:

If Apple is a new breed of industry titan, one that is being defined today, entering the car market will signal the beginning.

I foresee future history books recanting how Apple engulfed the planet by delivering inescapable products to humans of the 21st century. For example, creating self-driving cars that allow a segment of the population to gain X amount of hours of their day back or devote to working. This segment of the population will increasingly separate itself from the middle (?) or lower classes, as it has the extra bandwidth to deliver more working hours or more free time (and rest) thus allowing for better work productivity. At this time, Apple will have gathered enough information and market dominance that will create affordable driver-less machine solutions, allowing the rest of the social classes to participate. In return, the lower classes will need to agree to certain terms and conditions that will require monetary devotion to Apple.

During this time Apple will have facilitated creation of a new style of housing for the modern (non-upper class) human across the globe. Its main achievement will be the ability to work and live within one structure. Humans who choose to live in Apple's structure will have all fundamentals needed for existence provided for - thus creating the dream that working hard enough would allow for external living, eventually.

In a short time, humans living in these structures would out number outside humans 10,000 to 1.

At the same time, Apple's main competitor Ubeair (AirBnB merged with Uber) also created similar life structures. Ubeair's growth hampered by Apple created modified machines with the sole purpose of destruction. Thus began a new era on earth, where humans were made obsolete due to the their inability to combat effectively against machines.

The industry titans of this era stopped supplying humans with dwellings and food and focused their efforts on delivering the strongest year over year growth on earth. The industrial growth wars eventually progressed onto the neighboring planets, the next frontier for exponential growth. The remaining humans were left to take care of themselves with the remaining resources, insufficient organic matter and a lack of knowledge prohibited human population growth. Today, humans societies are small groups of humans roaming the earth for scraps and potential dwellings.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:lsd:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Dodoman posted:

very carefully

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

wow tim speaks flawless kings spanish too. what a man

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

kalstrams posted:

i wish this was my case too, i had to cj parents' imac beyond any reasonable extent

when my mom got a 2012 macbook at my recommendation i had her sign up for one to one. she goes into the apple store whenever she wants to learn something now and is actually semi competent with her computer after years of this

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Wild EEPROM posted:

the e in iphone 5e stands for eh

the 5 is still where it's at.

i have a 5 and would get a 5e if it is basically a 5s with applepay and an a8. the a8 is still p. good

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mad Wack posted:

when my mom got a 2012 macbook at my recommendation i had her sign up for one to one. she goes into the apple store whenever she wants to learn something now and is actually semi competent with her computer after years of this
closest apple store is like, uhh, 3 hours by car and then 1 hour in airplane, and then 3 more hours on traian, and then they dont speak our language :(

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

kalstrams posted:

closest apple store is like, uhh, 3 hours by car and then 1 hour in airplane, and then 3 more hours on traian, and then they dont speak our language :(

sorry you live in the boondocks. I live 10 minutes from timb's personal apple store (downtown Palo Alto)

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

trilljester posted:

sorry you live in the boondocks. I live 10 minutes from timb's personal apple store (downtown Palo Alto)
real pros use the one in the stanford shopping center (much less crowded, much shorter lines at the genius bar)

otoh you have to deal with the non euclidian geometries of the ssc parking lot

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I met steve when they opened the downtown sf cube one so I'll be sad when it moves to the new giant location

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

qirex posted:

I met steve when they opened the downtown sf cube one so I'll be sad when it moves to the new giant location

what did he smell like?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
musty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when I met him in 1984 he smelled like weed

• Locked thread