Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Love Stole the Day posted:

LRMs are bad, mmkay?

I like how you, a noted shitbird that hides every match and then says you "won it for us", tries to talk poo poo about the few games where I take a lovely mech at 4 AM and decide to sit back and LRM for shits and giggles.

I bet you were "good job"ing your team to victory that game too while you took that upset loss.

ninjaedit : the game before that I did over 800dmg with 6x LRM 5s. The only time I've ever seen you pull those numbers is on HPG when you wall hide the entire time it takes the rest of us to clean up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
There is no need to be upset, my friend.

edit-- vvvvvv :thumbsup:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I did hpg with the s-cat and got 900 dmg my first match with a 3 ll build.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As long as you're still around a bunch of people are going to be upset. Maybe you should take a long walk off a short pier, friend. :jerkbag:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

This x 9

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I don't know why you're so bitter about the fun I have in this game but I think it might have something to do with those Vicodin pills you keep popping.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
"Hey guys look at me, I'm the best in this game! hahah That's my fourth kill this game! Don't I own, guys? Good job by the way!"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That's not a nova prime.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg

a few weeks ago i was dealing an average of 50 dmg per match. then i bought the shadow cat and my robutt shooting life has never been the same.

good vibes

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

I don't know why you're so bitter about the fun I have in this game but I think it might have something to do with those Vicodin pills you keep popping.

nobody gives a poo poo that you have fun, but several of us find your personality insufferable and aren't worried that we're going to hurt your feelings if we tell you that.

In my case, I hope that you'll actually listen and learn. I probably have too much faith in other human beings.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
if there is one thing that pisses off a select number of goons is not joining a brawl when you're running a build optimized for shooting poo poo at 400-500 meters back

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

:vince:

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

teepo posted:

if there is one thing that pisses off a select number of goons is not joining a brawl when you're running a build optimized for shooting poo poo at 400-500 meters back

Play peek-and-poke all you want, but when push comes to shove loving get in there and don't be a little baby bitch. Nobody cares how many kills you get/damage you do if the team loses and you're the last person alive hiding on top of buildings.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

teepo posted:

goddamn I got stupidly mad over that :negative:

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

RiperSnifel posted:

Play peek-and-poke all you want, but when push comes to shove loving get in there and don't be a little baby bitch. Nobody cares how many kills you get/damage you do if the team loses and you're the last person alive hiding on top of buildings.

lol no

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I still lol'd @ you going, "Timber Wolves can't torso twist!", teepo.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

RiperSnifel posted:

nobody gives a poo poo that you have fun, but several of us find your personality insufferable and aren't worried that we're going to hurt your feelings if we tell you that.

if you want to know how much i care, click here.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Goon drama...

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I hear your insufferable personality really comes out when Arma 3 is involved too.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

if you want to know how much i care, click here.

I'm just letting you know that there are a good number of us who will actively avoid playing with you, and why.

You can be all "I don't care" or you can listen and there can be a conversation about it. Your call.

It's a game about teamplay, go ahead and pad your stats, but nobody likes the guy who sits back and snipes and doesn't play the objective/support the team - especially when they talk a big game like they're really good.

Sure, don't care. A bunch of us just won't play with you.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I've been playing with goons who don't care what we run, and I run the "First Prize Winner in Worst Mechs" Mist Lynx from time to time in goon games. Don't be mad at other goons. Just run whatever. A.o.D might literally come to my house and kill me for running the Lynx, but god drat if I don't love that trashy piece of poo poo. It's WipEout's Feisar. It exists to shame the other players.

What set up do people like when using the TBR-A shoulder with all the laser mounts? I've never built a laser vomit TBR, since I prefer the brawling SRM 6 TBR. Do you just build it like a Thunderbolt?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I only ever bring gauss or SRMs in the Twolf's torso. I find the heat problems of clan lasers too punishing to be viable for laser vomit on larger mechs.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Skoll posted:

I still lol'd @ you going, "Timber Wolves can't torso twist!", teepo.

i didn't exactly say that, but it was something close to that but i should reiterate.

timberwolves have a torso yaw speed of around 100 or so, the same as an atlas. the last remaining mechs were fairly fast lights and mediums zipping around and given that i was in a laser vomit timberwolf that runs extremely hot and is penalized with longer burn times, i was exactly where i needed to be. i would've been far less effective in that brawl and we could've possibly lost the match

and yes, timberwolves are an amazing mech that used to fill every role with ease, but that isn't the case anymore with the pilot skill tree, is quirks and clan re-balancing. outside of one specific build, stormcrowes are the superior brawlers and timberwolves are best at being support mechs. that's just my two cents

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

The Repo Man posted:

What set up do people like when using the TBR-A shoulder with all the laser mounts? I've never built a laser vomit TBR, since I prefer the brawling SRM 6 TBR. Do you just build it like a Thunderbolt?

The A is the one with the really high shoulder lasers right? Just put 3xLPL on that, make sure your arms don't have energy penalties, and make your other side torso an S for some jump jets.

I prefer my Hellbringer for LPL/LL boating though and usually run SRMs on Timberwolves.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 13, 2016

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
:yikes:

Buffs coming to MASC and Clan Targeting Computers in Feburary, but the more interesting thing is that maybe PGI is going to make the IS command console not a pile of poo poo and also have some new game function?

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/687000615763841024

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Sard posted:

:yikes:

Buffs coming to MASC and Clan Targeting Computers in Feburary, but the more interesting thing is that maybe PGI is going to make the IS command console not a pile of poo poo and also have some new game function?

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/687000615763841024

that's p. good considering for years it literally did nothing

as for the whole brawl vs. snipe thing, there is an argument to be made for every robot pouring in and smacking heads, but having one or two snipey mechs stand off and take free shots at exposed components might be more efficient overall. YMMV

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 13, 2016

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

A.o.D. posted:

I only ever bring gauss or SRMs in the Twolf's torso. I find the heat problems of clan lasers too punishing to be viable for laser vomit on larger mechs.

This is why I haven't tried it, especially after the patch. I'm pretty poo poo with gauss, so I haven't done the dual gauss build.

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

The A is the one with the really high shoulder lasers right? Just put 3xLPL on that, make sure your arms don't have energy penalties, and make your other side torso is an S for some jump jets.

I prefer my Hellbringer for LPL/LL boating though and usually run SRMs on Timberwolves.

I'm a pretty huge fan of my hellbringer, I was just wondering if the laser wolf would even be viable in normal matches. I've never run into one that worried me.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Goons crying about other goons will never not be hilarious. It's almost like the eve thread

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

The Repo Man posted:

I'm a pretty huge fan of my hellbringer, I was just wondering if the laser wolf would even be viable in normal matches. I've never run into one that worried me.

as long as you know where to position yourself, you'll do just fine in normal matches. just stand back and offer support and once you become a primary target, re-position yourself. play it like you will with any mech that is built for mid to long range encounters.

the only thing that sucks about the TBR-A left torso -- or any of the laser boating omnipods -- is you're going to be spreading a lot of damage due to the lovely burn time penalties. it's partly why it's my least favorite of the three main timberwolf builds. infact, a lot of the IS mechs outclass the the timberwolves now when it comes to laser vomiting, such as the Jester and Quickdraw-5K

teepo fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 13, 2016

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Elliotw2 posted:

I bought a Shadowcat prime, please tell me how to build this thing, I only ever fly Ravens.

Double PPC is my favorite, but most other people like double pulse more. Those are pretty much the only two viable builds, the SRM build sucks imo. Don't forget to put on the ECM torso.

It's one of like 3 mechs in the game that can be a poptart rear end in a top hat.

Washout fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 13, 2016

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
The timber wolves dumb CT hitboxes means you can almost always hit it there if you shoot it in the nose, and because of its relatively symmetrical hardpoint setup makes peeking rather ineffective. I found them lackluster, having just finished eliting them all, and found myself wanting to hop back in a crow or ECM hellbringer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Wow, Streakcrows really do print money. :stare:

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012
NEW TARGET?!

Seriously, focused DPS and somebody calling for organisation just butchers dudes. We were in a group of like 8 and our poo poo was laser focused. It was great (I was in a hunchback, for morale reasons)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Wow, Streakcrows really do print money. :stare:

Especially the one with the credit bonus! I'm grinding out the last Stormcrow variant to unlock Elite, and I went a slightly different build (just for variety) on it. 4 medium pulse lasers in the arms, 3 streak launchers in the torso. Not as effective at ambush shooting or light chopping, but still pretty good in a brawl and in a situation where you can't keep steady locks.

Runs hot as a motherfucker though.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I like the grasshoppers for laser vomit unironically

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So this happened https://youtu.be/hRa6fDOpIoo

Try watching the entire thing full screen.

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 13, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

EoRaptor posted:

So this happened https://youtu.be/hRa6fDOpIoo

Try watching the entire thing full screen.

That happened to me once like a week ago, but it went away as soon as I tried to jump jet out of it so it only lasted for a few seconds at the start of the match.

Ironically, it was also on Forest Colony iirc. I wonder if it's a map issue.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Later, the matchmaker pulled out this:

fun times...

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
2x ASRM 6 4x ALRM 5

I'm so bad.

Adbot