Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Google Butt posted:

Derek smart Derek smart Derek smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

How did you get a preview of Restoration Hardware's Spring 2016 collection?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
My new Simpit

quote:

This is the first time I've attempted to build a simpit, inspired by so many others here that posted their own homebuilt pits for gaming. All in all, this one cost me a grand total of 0$, computer equipment not included. The chair itself was originally a couch/futon that someone was throwing away, I snagged it from them before they could get to the dumpster. A little bit of cutting and woodwork and I sized it down to a sturdy chair, widened the arms to accomodate my twin thrustmaster joysticks, and kept adding on from there - a seat, a salvaged laptop stand, and the foot rest built from more scrap wood.

Hooked up my surround sound system to it, with the rear speakers attached to the back of the chair on either side of my head, the front left/right/center speakers underneath the arm rests and in the front of the chair, and the subwoofer underneath the seat itself to hopefully provide some good vibrations when getting shot up. It's quite comfortable, surprisingly, dont think i'll even need to add cushions.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
'simpit'

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Space Court! :neckbeard:

Document everything, even if you don't get your money back there are probably some articles that could come out of this (and corresponding hilarious nerdrage).

Good luck goon!

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

:confused:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6232048/#Comment_6232048

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

That chair is the throne of the fourth stimpire.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Says the dancing cat who owns an Oculus dev kit. And a 'buttkicker'. You're more than half way there!

Not that I'm free of sin when it comes to buying silly peripherals for games...

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Holy poo poo that one is hilarious.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

xiansi posted:

Says the dancing cat who owns an Oculus dev kit. And a 'buttkicker'. You're more than half way there!

Not that I'm free of sin when it comes to buying silly peripherals for games...

I'm also one of those bourgeois motherfuckers who does't have a chair made from old pallets :v:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
they might be pushing a 2.1f build out tonight.

maybe another door has been implemented.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"well its fun"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

has this game changed gaming for you?

High Admiral ($1000+)

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

I'm also one of those bourgeois motherfuckers who does't have a chair made from old pallets :v:
A chair made from old pallets is exactly the kind of thing that Restoration Hardware would sell for $10,000.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctXjCH6IxBY

quote:

Published on Jan 12, 2016
What am I doing with my life..

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

same

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Wikkid you better not be lazy and actually do this all the proper way because it may set an important precedence, don't go with "good enough, I think" make sure you are absolutely sure your ducks are in a row.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Somebody get that guy an account ASAP!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6231348/#Comment_6231348

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
So from Hobo Santa's statement, anyone that had a physical copy of the Mod book in their package will no longer be getting one right?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When it's pointed out calling Derek a monkey is a racist term the r/DerekSmart mods respond with...

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 13, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this is the guy taking you to space court btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhyO26bVVw

this guy looks like a strip mall lawyer. the kind that barely passes the bar and is scummy as gently caress

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
The bit about Warhammer 40k got me thinking. Given the fact that within the Star Citizen alpha you have ships randomly having parts disappear from them or despawn entirely, people get sucked out of their ships to their death in the void, bodies appearing out of nowhere, and everyone living the same hellish, pointless existence over and over again, they could argue that rather than being buggy, the alpha is taking place in an area where the warp leaks into real space. It's the best 40k simulator out there!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

I am going to remember than name and when I find him play testing...I will make him believe the community is holy

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Adventure Pigeon posted:

The bit about Warhammer 40k got me thinking. Given the fact that within the Star Citizen alpha you have ships randomly having parts disappear from them or despawn entirely, people get sucked out of their ships to their death in the void, bodies appearing out of nowhere, and everyone living the same hellish, pointless existence over and over again, they could argue that rather than being buggy, the alpha is taking place in an area where the warp leaks into real space. It's the best 40k simulator out there!

It's miserable and horrifying? Yup, checks out :D

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

When it's pointed out calling Derek a monkey is a racist term the r/DerekSmart mods respond with...

lol tell me more about racism reddit

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

wikidd posted:

OK, I'll try my best. I'm off to bed now though!

Sir, I am genuinely thrilled that you're taking CIG to court. THRILLED.

I'm not particularly wealthy by any means but I'm totally willing to chip in to some sort of fund to ensure you get the best wig-wearing lawyer in the entire UK to gently caress those rear end-clowns up the rear end sideways.

I think Derek Smart is having a negative effect on my speech patterns. But I'm serious.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No one has ever called a black guy a monkey as a racial slur in the history of mankind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Monkey

http://www.rsdb.org/race/blacks

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This guy should change his name to Nostradamus.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUAtcu31_NM&t=155s

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Unfunny Poster posted:

This has to be faked. There is no way this is real. Goons just trying to slander a good redditors name!

I can't believe how excited I am for Star Citizen!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

I stole/borrowed a freelancer last night and I give my sympathy to the owners of that ship. the cockpit view is like a combination of a bunker window and in front of you is a table.

not my pic but this is it

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Nah, no way in hell am I listening to that guys voice,i lasted 20 seconds (hurr hurr!)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Q5A5ubKZo

:gary:

Ap0calyps3
May 14, 2009

That looks like it would be so comfortable to spend a few hours in.... Very immersive. Nice to see that in the high tech space future, wooden deck chairs still find a purpose in high performance spacecraft.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

not to be judgemental but having 3 guys as your wallpaper screams loving gay to me

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

I'm the centre channel speaker that either points at knees or taint.

Wikkid for the LOVE OF GOD do this properly and send a letter recorded delivery. PLEASE. They will wriggle out of this if you do not do it to the book 100%. An e-mail is not enough.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
2.1.0f is LIVE! :asoiaf:

quote:

Special Notes:
We are aware that the elevator UI frequently provides a false-positive “server full” error message when attempting to join an instance. We are investigating the cause of these errors. The doors from the spawn elevator into ArcCorp proper will occasionally break, trapping occupants inside.

Hangar Module:

Ships
Fixed an issue where you could not place the s4 fixed mount in the turret port of the Cutlass Black.

Arena Commander Module:

Environment
Fixed an issue where the audio for the Apocalypse Arms Mass Driver would only trigger once, for the first bullet fired.
Persistent Universe:

Gameplay
Fixed an issue where ship weapons would remain non-functional after having been repaired. Fixed an issue where destroyed portions of the ship such as the hull were not being replaced by repair. But weapons would return and float mid-air near your ship.

Technical
Additional performance improvements for clients connected to Crusader while combat is taking place in the instance. The Constellation Andromeda has received some optimizations to improve client performance in and around the ship.

welpp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Patch Notes:
We know that there is an elevator that will occasionally break entirely. We have no idea why this happens or why you still be completely stuck in it, but we'll fix it one day and put it in the patch notes. No word on why we put this unresolved issue in the patch notes though.

• Locked thread