Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Killstick posted:

I'm not cars enough, can someone explain this image?

I'm in the same boat, I just figured wrist pins came marked like that...and apparently that Craftsman made wrist pins. :shrug:

e: new page, new pic. Saw this guy cruising around like it wasn't a thing, car didn't seem to be tracking weird so I suppose it wasn't.

NoWake fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

I live here for the eclectic way rednecks buy you shots and thats about it.

Lewis Black did not get it wrong for a single second on how seriously we take our god damned booze.
On Wisconsin!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

NoWake posted:

I'm in the same boat, I just figured wrist pins came marked like that...and apparently that Craftsman made wrist pins. :shrug:

e: new page, new pic. Saw this guy cruising around like it wasn't a thing, car didn't seem to be tracking weird so I suppose it wasn't.

Digging that hellacrushed aesthetic

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
it doesn't even look like this guy brakes before t-boning the other guy

http://i.imgur.com/gWpofmn.webm

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:eyepop: Its like, right loving there. you can loving see it.

Also I like how they turned a safety feature into something that is now going to absolutely guarantee that the trailer detaches from the vehicle.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 12, 2016

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Apparently their disability was blindness.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Come the gently caress on are you serious

JBark
Jun 27, 2000
Good passwords are a good idea.

Out of all the terrible stuff that's been posted, this one makes me laugh the most. I tell myself it's just someone loving around, but I know, deep down, that somebody actually did this and thought it was fine. I seriously don't think I could come up with a fuckup as elegant as that if I spent days thinking of nothing else. It's just so drat perfect.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
It's perfect. Jackknife the trailer, whole hitch comes off, drive away clean.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Drive it in the rust belt for a few miles, it'll seize up real good and form an unbreakable bond.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Murdered out Dodge Challenger at a dealership near me, when I say murdered I mean they had murder painted on side of the car.

Has gun handle for selecting forward or reverse

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...419232014&Log=0

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Code Jockey posted:

Digging that hellacrushed aesthetic

Stuff like this makes me wish inspections still happened in my state. I see cars like this (or worse) all over the place and it scares the hell out of me, especially seeing a rusted out jalopy with its rear end end almost scraping pavement, barely hitting the speed limit, with taped-over broken windows, and like 11 people piled into it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Tasteless

texaholic posted:

Seriously?
Oh come on.

:suicide:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Choo-choo, motherfucker.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Wrong thread.

Would dd.

Would play this on loop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfiUYij5UE

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
the gently caress, I was about to make literally the same post you jerk

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ReelBigLizard posted:

Wrong thread.

Would dd.

Would play this on loop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfiUYij5UE

Empty quoting this because god drat it's perfect

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

texaholic posted:

Murdered out Dodge Challenger at a dealership near me, when I say murdered I mean they had murder painted on side of the car.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...419232014&Log=0

Gonna go with repo for $1000, Alex.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

texaholic posted:

I can't imagine the person who'd buy this car would survive a traffic stop in this car.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

NoWake posted:

I can't imagine the person who'd buy this car would survive a traffic stop in this car.

My guess is with mileage that low it is 100% due to embarrassment of driving it in public.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

wayfinder posted:

*looks up both of these terms*

:hfive: right there with ya.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Bovril Delight posted:

Gonna go with repo for $1000, Alex.

I am not 100% on how repos work but the car was serviced at two different Dodge dealerships in town and is being sold at a nissan dealership which is far as I can tell unaffiliated with either dodge dealership. I might stop by this weekend and take a look.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Finally got to see a bro truck in the flesh :911:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Slavvy posted:

:bravo:

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
Is that some kind of home made 4link rear suspension? That looks rough as poo poo both build and ride wise.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

texaholic posted:

I am not 100% on how repos work but the car was serviced at two different Dodge dealerships in town and is being sold at a nissan dealership which is far as I can tell unaffiliated with either dodge dealership. I might stop by this weekend and take a look.

Buy it at auction, super easy.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Slavvy posted:

Yeah, that's basically slammed for a brotuck.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

GopherFlats posted:

Is that some kind of home made 4link rear suspension? That looks rough as poo poo both build and ride wise.

If it's still there tonight I'll take closer pictures but it looked like it still had the factory shocks in there and the dual ones were just for show.

It's imported so it'll get pecked to death when it goes for its inspection anyway, I don't know why the importer even bothered.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Slavvy posted:

Pfffft, that's maybe an embryonic brotruck.
I see no 20" aluminum rimzzz with stars on the center caps (required), no low profile "off-road" tires, and that's barely taller than stock.
That is an awful rear suspension, though.

edit:

Slavvy posted:

If it's still there tonight I'll take closer pictures but it looked like it still had the factory shocks in there and the dual ones were just for show.

It's imported so it'll get pecked to death when it goes for its inspection anyway, I don't know why the importer even bothered.

Now *that* makes it terrible.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

By far the worst part of the car is the fact that the top folds down into the trunk and halves the 4 ft3 capacity.

You can either have the top down or trunk space but not both: want to go on a nice summer road trip? gently caress you, enjoy the huge blind spots and cloth roof because who the gently caress buys a convertible for the open air experience?

Agreed, every car should be able to haul its own replacement engine and transmission home from the junkyard IMO.

GopherFlats posted:

That is a set of anti wrap bars. NFI why they put dual shocks halfway down them.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Saw two terrible truck things today. One was a semi that rattled off it's exhaust stack on the highway. Just rolling along then the stack goes skidding behind him, he didn't even notice.

Second was a bro truck with wheels sitting a full inch or two outside of the fenders, as in no part of the wheel is actually directly underneath the body. Also had a center mounted exhaust stack cut into the bed, looked big enough to shoot a basketball into.

It's been a good day for terrible truck stuff.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Bajaha posted:

big enough to shoot a basketball into

I've seen stacks like that. I'm gonna start carrying a spare basketball around...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Carry a 5lb sack of flour instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3h6T26s1V4

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

if only it had exploded, as clouds of flour sometimes do

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

atomicthumbs posted:

if only it had exploded, as clouds of flour sometimes do

Honestly I was just waiting for that to happen and was really disappointed when it didn't.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Coal-rollers deserve far worse than this, but it's a start.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

That is gonna suck to wash off.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

thank Christ there's a glow-in-the-dark trunk handle release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

buttcrackmenace posted:

thank Christ there's a glow-in-the-dark trunk handle release

tbf that's a federal mandate from 2000, although the only way you're gonna fit a body in that trunk is in pieces.